New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    No, Sil'lice, I have no doubt that using a big-ass stone with your easily recognisable symbol on it as a secret key to your secret lair to give secretly to your secret followers and allies is a perfectly capital idea. You go girl!

* Two days later, Chrys inadvertently drops the stone before Zala. Hilarity ensues. *
    I agree 100%
    This was precisely what went through my head when I did see the new page. This stone wants to be found.

Silice could also have said: "Keep it close to you all time so that might be exposed at any time. I carved my houses symbol on that stone that any one who will find it in your possession will immediately figure out were your true loyalties lie."

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Actually, I don't think Diva did it to save herself. Or that was the overriding reason. You will recall Diva freed Ragini and gave her a chance to leave, though Diva did not explain what she was going to do. The real motivation for Diva taking over Ragini was that it was the only way to stop the three traitor sisters. ( http://www.drowtales.com/longestwait...page=1&check=1 ) And Diva herself is quite bothered by what she did, she herself thinks it was wrong. Often she still calls her body "Ragini's body", not her own.
    Yeah ok, I could be justified as an attempt to save the whole world. Ragini still got a rotten deal, though.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    Yeah ok, I could be justified as an attempt to save the whole world. Ragini still got a rotten deal, though.
    Oh, no doubt about that in any way. But this is Drowtales. Getting a rotten deal is SOP.

From TV Topes : http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...utie/Webcomics

Hell, it would probably be easier to list characters from Drowtales who haven't been through a round of Break The Cutie at some point.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Da'wwww. A heartwarming moment in Drowtales. That means something really bad is probably going to happen soon.

5. - Top - End - #425

Da'wwww. A heartwarming moment in Drowtales. That means something really bad is probably going to happen soon.
    What is happening with the shard? Wasn't Kiel supposed to keep an eye on Kharla? I'm secretly hoping for a 200 foot demon-god infested Kharlazilla that stomps all over Chel.
    Bad to the Bone!

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Some insane power hungery summoners do have the shard but they cannot get anywhere near Kharla. And apparently won't until after the time skip. Of course the demon-god that these idiots hope to summon may be anything but a demon. Oops.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The chapter is already quite long. The only important story that is left is Diva contacting Silice.
    After this chapter the time machine is getting turned on, if I remember correctly.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    After this chapter the time machine is getting turned on, if I remember correctly.
    You do. Though it has been postponed a few times already, this time it should be for real...

9. - Top - End - #429
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

The chapter is already quite long. The only important story that is left is Diva contacting Silice.
    Couldn't disagree more.

-We DO need to see what's happening with the shard.

-The Sillice Diva meeting would be cool.

-I'd like to see Ariel face Quain.

-The Black Sun are going to attack Chel.

-We don't know if Zhor is still alive.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Dwarf in the Playground

I love Diva's sleight of hand with temporal logic... "at your service UNTIL I am rejoined with my empress"... which is of course not binding at all as she already is, technically. I do hope that's deliberate.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Diva is being very smart about this. She is "enhancing the truth" to hide certain things, but telling the truth in others. And keeping things internally consistant at the same time (many liers are caught becasue their lies are not consistant). If you notice she reclaimed her name (Diva) with Sillice already. If the twins think they are going to get the best of Diva easily I think they have got a BIG surprise ahead of them.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by max_black0 View Post
    Couldn't disagree more.
    Well...
    -We DO need to see what's happening with the shard.
    Do we really? They could store it for several years so the timeskip can happen now.
    -The Sillice Diva meeting would be cool.
    Already in process, as I have forseen ^^
    -I'd like to see Ariel face Quain.
    Well she already did it in some way. Or do you mean that Ariel confronts Quaintana asking her if she is really her mother? This will not happen I think.
    -The Black Sun are going to attack Chel.
    Ok this could happen at the last page. But maybe with that long-living elves they could need 10 years to plan an surprise attack.
    -We don't know if Zhor is still alive.
    I guess he lives.

What I originally meant if you judge the front cover all arks are now over. Considering how long an average Drowtales chapter is, it must end soon. If all stories you mentioned would be shown, the chapter would reach 80 pages or so.

If you notice she reclaimed her name (Diva) with Sillice already.
    Oh she actually did indirectly say her name? I did not cach that first. Good reading. I wonder why Silice is not question her about some past events? Well maybe the chapter is truly running out of pages, so there is no space left!

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I guess he lives.
    Quain needled Mel about Zhor and we see him on one panel with someone pinning him, so I doubt he is dead. Also he didn't have any X's on his eyes. :) If Godness Knight is accurate, Zhor is a conection to Diva from way back.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well the chapter is wrapping up and Drowtales just had to give us a WTF moment. It seems Lu did NOT kill Khaless like everyone thought. (Lu vs Khaless Round Two will be interesting though if it ever occures). And this explains why Snad was not all that upset when she found the mess left by the first fight. She must have known the demon was not dead. (darn it)

Nice in story chibi pannel though. :)
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2011-09-26 at 07:07 AM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Firbolg in the Playground

Who are all these people?

The DT authors should take heed from Sluggy Freelance or El Goonish Shive and include a small blurb with reference links to remind readers of who we're dealing with and when was the last time we saw them.

"This blue-haired lady is Vol'kyo'sal'mon'ell'osis'aspartamagus who is a demon summoner of the third category who was last seen melding the souls of cute puppies with lava."

It would make it so much easier to follow the story despite the cast of eight thousand characters who all look the same and all have names with more apostrophes than vowels and that we last saw three chapters ago drawn in a totally different style by a different artist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

16. - Top - End - #436
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post

The DT authors should take heed from Sluggy Freelance or El Goonish Shive and include a small blurb with reference links to remind readers of who we're dealing with and when was the last time we saw them.

"This blue-haired lady is Vol'kyo'sal'mon'ell'osis'aspartamagus who is a demon summoner of the third category who was last seen melding the souls of cute puppies with lava."

It would make it so much easier to follow the story despite the cast of eight thousand characters who all look the same and all have names with more apostrophes than vowels and that we last saw three chapters ago drawn in a totally different style by a different artist.
    By heavens, this. Right now, unless it is one of the main characters (the little wolf, the petite blonde fundy/zealot, team tainted, or empress blueberry, and yes, I can't remember even their correct names. :P), I pretty much ignore it. I simply seem unable to follow.
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Well the chapter is wrapping up and Drowtales just had to give us a WTF moment. It seems Lu did NOT kill Khaless like everyone thought. (Lu vs Khaless Round Two will be interesting though if it ever occures). And this explains why Snad was not all that upset when she found the mess left by the first fight. She must have known the demon was not dead. (darn it)

Nice in story chibi pannel though. :)
    You're assuming Lu is still Lu and isn't infected and under Khaless's control.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    You're assuming Lu is still Lu and isn't infected and under Khaless's control.
    While Lu is certainly infected, I don't think Khaless is controling her. My reason for this is when Quain told Lu to break Mel's arms, Lu's first reaction was normal for her. (Shock and a "sweat drop" because she does not want to do such a thing) I don't think Khaless could fake such a thing that quickly. The only way a demon could fake such a reaction would be if the demon had totaly eaten Lu and thinks it IS Lu. Now Khaless may *think* she is controling Lu though.

Hope Chu fairs well. I do think we will be seeing her again. And whoever in the egg as well.

No seems to have noticed on the DT forums something that could turn Chel upside down. One of the charaters talked about gathering a *small slave army*. That sort of thing can easily lead to full out slave rebelions/civil war.

And we have the last page of set up for the time jump. Four pages of Chibi's incoming! :)

19. - Top - End - #439
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I think today's Chibi page sort of confirms that Lu was getting absorbed by Khaless – while Khaless got some of Lu's personality and memory in return. This also explains why Snadhya remained so calm about the events. And Rekmar is alive after all!
    It is quite scary concept, if this demon can swallow and then impersonate a victim. If Khaless is truly in charge she is now going to spy for Snadhya in the Sarghress fortress.

But why am I not entirely convinced here? Might it be that the comic is screwing with us? I mean it is a Chibi page and Kiel is speaking, she could made the entire story up to annoy us readers. And why was Khaless in the bonus page in Lu's old armor, while we never see demon Lu wearing it? Questions over questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post

Well I consider page 44-48 as bonus pages were we see secondary characters doing something. It is actual not important to the story (besides the Khaless appearance), and while the DT-team is preparing the time jump we still get daily updates in that way.
    Having said that, a small hint on the page 44 like 'This is Toti and Aether last seen in chapter 12', wouldn't hurt either.

But I like the notion that Chiri is here part of the secondary characters.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

There was nothing major going with Chiri. But it did show how much her character has grown. Not much of the old "Burn!" attitude showing here.

I agree with you that the situation with Lu is not clear. Khaless wearing the armor that Lu took off after the fight. Lu clearly not wearing that armor and her not eating people. I am being optimistic here and thinking Lu might have "eaten" the Khaless demon shard she was infected with. Lu does know that the demon seeds can be beaten or crushed, but not exactly how. She might have tried something and it mostly worked. And Snad and Khaless don't know that Lu is running thing.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

This bunch of Chibi's was not the funniest. But I wonder if they snuck some plot in there. Diva being a teacher/historian?

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Not much of the old "Burn!" attitude showing here.
    Chiri was sick. Wait till she gets healthy again!

Well well well well, it's finally happening isn't it?

I see Sarnel again but where is Diva? Anyway, Ariel takes after Quaintana and Mel in her size.

Comment: Yay! Finally somewhat REALISTIC looking armor in a fantasy setting!

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I see Sarnel again but where is Diva? Anyway, Ariel takes after Quaintana and Mel in her size.
    Diva is certain to be around someplace. I suspect she is digging the teacher roll she got herself into. As such she may tend to stay at home. Also as Diva gets older she will draw more attention as a Dark Elf. (I suspect she will be rather tall as well) Ariel certainly has gone through a BIG growth spurt. Genetics will tell. Wonder if the purple hair is a result of that considering who dad is. :)

Comment: Yay! Finally somewhat REALISTIC looking armor in a fantasy setting!
    Drowtales is actually listed for that over on TV Tropes http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Drowtales . (Look under Breast Plate)

24. - Top - End - #444

15 years time jump? That was longer than I thought. I wonder what Kiel and Chrys have been up to all this time? Are the Vloz'ress still trying to summon the über-demon?

I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Miklus; 2011-10-04 at 11:28 AM.
    Bad to the Bone!

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe it's just me but that grown-up Ariel looks distorted and rather ugly. I think it's the nose. Maybe the lips as well.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

15 years time jump? That was longer than I thought. I wonder what Kiel and Chrys have been up to all this time? Are the Vloz'ress still trying to summon the über-demon?

I guess we'll see.
    They are long living elves, they are living on other time scales. The Vloz probably need 15 years to gather all the ingredients for the summon. And in all likelyhood the black sun need also 15 years to prepare for war.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Maybe it's just me but that grown-up Ariel looks distorted and rather ugly. I think it's the nose. Maybe the lips as well.
    I know what you mean. Something with Ariel's face seems out of place. This is no longer a nose and a mouth drawn in a Manga style of way. And why do all character still have so large eyes? I thought grown up characters get smaller eyes. Well this is an artwork, therefore I think it's better to wait till the real comic is getting published.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

I think the remake is pretty good. All the pages updated in one go was defintely the way to go.

Syphile Syphile Syphile...
    Take the money!*Sighs*
    Thats not happening is it?

28. - Top - End - #448

Quote Originally Posted by max_black0 View Post
    I think the remake is pretty good. All the pages updated in one go was defintely the way to go.

Syphile Syphile Syphile...
    Take the money!*Sighs*
    Thats not happening is it?
    They did try to make Sillice a bit friendlier. But you can only do so much with a character that tortures people for fun...
    Bad to the Bone!

29. - Top - End - #449
    Dwarf in the Playground

a character that tortures people for fun...
    Is there any other reason for torturing people?

30. - Top - End - #450

LOL! It would seem that Shinae had that dorky haircut right rom the start. She never had a chance!
    Last edited by Miklus; 2011-10-06 at 01:54 AM. Reason: typo
    Bad to the Bone!