New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

I can't remember any bisexual males in drowtales. I think we are talking fanservice here. We don't see many male bath scenes either. Not that I'm complaining.

I think that in the "old" drowtales, Ariel got it on with Rik as payment for his services in capturing Mir'kiin. That spawned so many complaints that it was changed in the remake.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Why do I think that that kid with the hammer is not long for the Drowtales world? And it's going to end with a very messy Bang of some sort?

There is something very strange going on here. The "mob" is way too organized. And that kid looks like he is on something or mind controled.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    So, uh... Have we seen a single bisexual male so far? I mean, the comic obviously loves its lesbian/bisexual females, but any male with a hint of sexuality seems to be paired off with a female. Or have I missed something?

(this actually annoys me a bit. It changes the bisexuality from a potentially interesting world setting detail to pure fanservice... which seems below Drowtales' general setting and detail skills)
    this is being discussed on the DT forums as well from time to time.
    the usual counter-argument to your point is that there aren't that many important males in the first place.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Wow this lady certainly has her mind made up and does not want to hear anything different. (I think the bag has body parts in it so she is NOT a nice person). That lady is playing into someones hands and does not have a clue.

And the Black Sun attacked Chel? More than once?

5. - Top - End - #485
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'd ask who the Black Sun are, but it'd go like the previous conversation and the answer would be "just look at Ariel, OK?".
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

6. - Top - End - #486

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    I'd ask who the Black Sun are, but it'd go like the previous conversation and the answer would be "just look at Ariel, OK?".
    They are the Barbarians of the setting. Nomadic drow tribes who loot and pillage and such.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    They are the Barbarians of the setting. Nomadic drow tribes who loot and pillage and such.
    They also will work as mercenaries. The Vel Sharen where using them last we saw. The Black Sun is very nasty. They have taken down several major cities and don't leave anything to try and rebuild (In other words they are slowly destroying all the civiliaztions in the Underworld ). They have taken a few runs at Chel before while Diva was in power.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Well the Black Sun was mentioned and explained by Diva quite recently in the comic, also we did see some of them as well were one Sharen sister tried to win the obedience of (a part of?) the black sun.

More except that they are a rather alien and destructive force of nomads is not made public yet.

Of course this means that clan will play a big role soon. The Sharen undoubtedly will try to use the Black Sun to destroy the Sarghress, so the trouble will reach our main characters.

And speaking of Ariel, were is she actually? Let's get team Circus together to leave for Chel , and let them be rescued by Ariel, that would be the fasted route to see matured Ariel soon.

9. - Top - End - #489

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    And speaking of Ariel, were is she actually? Let's get team Circus together to leave for Chel , and let them be rescued by Ariel, that would be the fasted route to see matured Ariel soon.
    I would rather see that Chrys and Kiel are up to.

Should we start a betting pool on who will die next? Miss No-nose is too obvious, she don't count. My money is on Yafein, followed shortly by his slavegirl.

Then Sarv's daughter Nihi'liir. The one with the iron hand. Actually "Iron Fist" is a pretty cool nickname. But I think she will fall in battle.
    Bad to the Bone!

10. - Top - End - #490
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    My money is on Yafein, followed shortly by his slavegirl.
    You'll lose your money. Any character this execrable has natural +5 plot armor. Which is an integral part of their hatefulness, of course.

Nope, Yafein is here to stay.

The slavegirl is too cute to live though. She will most probably die painfully while Yafein runs away like the archetypal coward that he is.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I would rather see that Chrys and Kiel are up to.
    I think Ariel will be introduced first. It would make sense to introduce each of the matured main characters in time, so I think they will not be shown all in one chapter, meaning it will take some time when we have seen them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus
    Should we start a betting pool on who will die next? (...)

My money is on Yafein, followed shortly by his slavegirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamall
    You'll lose your money. Any character this execrable has natural +5 plot armor. Which is an integral part of their hatefulness, of course.

Not to mention how strange would it be that Yaffein would only survive 15 years just to be killed now. Na, I bet that he turned into a kind of powerful mage who can look after himself, this would also explain his cocky confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus
    Then Sarv's daughter Nihi'liir. The one with the iron hand. Actually "Iron Fist" is a pretty cool nickname. But I think she will fall in battle.
    Why? She has to piss off Chrystel first, since Nihi'liir has potentional to become some sort of an arch enemy of her.

12. - Top - End - #492

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post

The slavegirl is too cute to live though. She will most probably die painfully while Yafein runs away like the archetypal coward that he is.
    The plot thickens. The Queen is in danger....Is Yafein up to no good? Of cause it could be any of the "envoys", but Yafein is kind of prime suspect. He might just get away with it... But the slave girl could very well get killed. You might just be right, Gamall.
    Bad to the Bone!

13. - Top - End - #493

If that is an umbrella, then I am Alfred E. Neuman!

Why would you even need an umbrella (or parasol for that matter) underground? Oh, right...Bats!
    Bad to the Bone!

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Wow, things are going south in this city reeealy fast.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

biggrin Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Wow, things are going south in this city reeealy fast.
    I am I the only one who likes balsii?
    Over at the drowtales forum everyones hates her and whats happening. Gotta say I LOVE this!

Especially when she turned the tables with spellsong, Awesome!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by max_black0 View Post
    Over at the drowtales forum everyones hates her and whats happening. Gotta say I LOVE this!

Especially when she turned the tables with spellsong, Awesome!
    Well there all peaceful Illhardro fans are angry that the peaceful Illhardro queen got killed.

Actually I don't care about any character so far. What has this rebellion, we know nothing about, in a city we know nothing about, to do with the main plot, besides that things are going out of control outside of Chel?
    Call me impatient but I want to see our main characters after the timeshift, not some far away city for twenty pages. There is only still the chance for Kyonne to appear in this chapter.

Being said that I like the dynamic in the last three pages. Sandaur are you dying now? Please don't we hardly knew ya!

17. - Top - End - #497
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Nah, I like her too. I'm not quite sure whether or not she's right, but at least she's doing SOMETHING.
    "Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out. Babylon Control out."

18. - Top - End - #498
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, she's Ballsy.

It seems to me she's probably the one behind the riots and foreign mercenary involvement in the first place. It seemed probable when she first showed up with her prepared little speech; but now that she has revealed her capacity for brainwashing people with her voice (Bene Gesserit ripoff?) it seems so painfully obvious that the other characters appear to be total dummies for not having figured it out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

19. - Top - End - #499
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    Being said that I like the dynamic in the last three pages. Sandaur are you dying now? Please don't we hardly knew ya!
    Well, he's a male character that's not completely useless. In Drowtales. He's dead meat.

Sweet, delicious meat with Tikitti sauce. Yum.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well, she's Ballsy.

It seems to me she's probably the one behind the riots and foreign mercenary involvement in the first place. It seemed probable when she first showed up with her prepared little speech; but now that she has revealed her capacity for brainwashing people with her voice (Bene Gesserit ripoff?) it seems so painfully obvious that the other characters appear to be total dummies for not having figured it out yet.
    I was going to post much the same thing. Don't think that the characters are dummies though. They don't have the view we do or the amount of time to think about things.

Surprisingly I think Sandaur will make it out alive. After all the title of the chapter is "Refugee from the West". and this city is to the west of Chel.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Barbarian in the Playground

actually, the title is "Refuge of the West" and refers to nuqrah'shareh.

22. - Top - End - #502

Yes, it seems that the takeover is planned from Chel. Probably the tainted trying to take over the Illhar'dro clan.

I would also like to see what Chrys and Kiel are up to. Teenage Yafein was the bomb, I hope the others are still cool.
    Bad to the Bone!

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I knew the city was screwed, but I had hoped Sandaur would make it out.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I knew the city was screwed, but I had hoped Sandaur would make it out.
    Well yes RIP Sandaur.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Well, he's a male character that's not completely useless. In Drowtales. He's dead meat.
    Seems that this is the case, sadly.

I am not sure about that brainwash ability. For me these amplified words seems more like a forced command or a impulse which has no lasting effect but I could be wrong.
    Also things could be a bit more complicated as they first appear since...

Spoiler
    Show
    ...the involvement of Shodun points to a possible involvement of an third party, namely the eevil Nidraa'chal which includes Snadhya of course, because we've seen Shodun before and I guess that sort of powerful scream attack is not so common around Drow, so we have an involvement of one Nid sleeper agent at least.

Maybe the hidden goal is simple to destabilize a city that threatens to become as influential as Chel'el'Sussoloth itself. If Balsii is not a part of it, then she too could be assassinated to make the chaos and\or takeover of Nuqrah'Shareh complete.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Oh Hi! Crys! Looking preaty good. Joined Team Purple I see.

26. - Top - End - #506

YAY! Chrys is in this chapter!

For a bounus, let Shinae be dead and everybody just says "Damn shame what happend to her" without any further explanation.

Seriously, Shinae is a pain in the...
    Bad to the Bone!

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

The reference a large poster in the thread for this page over on the Drowtales form when some people where trying to figure out who it was. Shinae is clearly on the page. (Upper right)

28. - Top - End - #508

The reference a large poster in the thread for this page over on the Drowtales form when some people where trying to figure out who it was. Shinae is clearly on the page. (Upper right)
    Oh yeah, you're right. There is not escaping that haircut, is there? It's like there is a curse on her. Doomed to walk the land forever looking like a dork.

I also see a rather large cannon?! To the left of Shinae.

http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/w...0/DSCN1142.jpg
    Last edited by Miklus; 2011-11-11 at 06:31 PM.
    Bad to the Bone!

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I also see a rather large cannon?! To the left of Shinae.

http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/w...0/DSCN1142.jpg
    Someone is HOLDING that cannon.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

On another note... let's rant a little, shall we?

To whom is Chrys directing her monologue in today's page? During marching with an army Chrystel summarizes the past events and circumstances to herself, therefore conveniently informing the readers. It's not that she is supposed to be aware of the audience, like Kiel. Reminds me also of another monologue to no one in particular.

Elan would disapprove. Also why didn't chapter 34 simply start like this?