New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    Yay, Lu is back! And she's apparently no prisoner, she even has a sword.

Well maybe Team Tainted won't get Snadhya's crown, but the meeting with Lu could yield some results. Although Lu hates the Vlozress as I recall.
    Lu probably does not like much of anyone right now (I wonder why ). Providing that is really Lu and not some demon in her body (I think it is Lu, but no proof yet). The thing about this is that Team Tainted and Lu both have about the same goals in mind, it's just that they don't know it. Both have info that would help each other alot. Keil would give nearly anything to save Naal and there is Lu who knows that there is a way to save her even if she does not know how exactly. I wonder what Lu will think about that door. There might be solid proof there to show Mel that Snad is bad.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chrys is quickly becoming my favorite character. She is smart, driven and tough.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

eek Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

Ow ow ow ow !
    This looks serious for Naal.

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    Chrys is quickly becoming my favorite character. She is smart, driven and tough.
    Well that are the reasons I like her as well. For all her haughtiness, she certainly did not fall on her head, especially when she's being compared to her protector twin.

Any bets that she will have some small command position in the Sharen Clan after the timeskip?

4. - Top - End - #64

Nope. This does not look good for poor 'Suul.

In a normal comic she would be saved at the last moment, but I would not put it past Drowtales to off her just like that. I have a bad feeling about this.
    Bad to the Bone!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, on the other hand, help is under way. And nobody knows more about these trapped tainting than the one who devised them.

It would be kinda ironic if asking for the big bad's help was the way to cure it all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Well, on the other hand, help is under way. And nobody knows more about these trapped tainting than the one who devised them.

It would be kinda ironic if asking for the big bad's help was the way to cure it all along.
    Considering that Snad is the one who probably caused Naal to be in the shape she is in, I rather doubt she will help. If Naal gets any help I think it might be from behind Door #1. Remember one of the most devote belivers in Sharres is Naal.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

My money says that Nau'kheoul will put his sword to use at the last second.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Well, on the other hand, help is under way. [...] It would be kinda ironic if asking for the big bad's help was the way to cure it all along.
    Considering that Snad is the one who probably caused Naal to be in the shape she is in, I rather doubt she will help.
    Yes but Snadhya pretends in the public to be nice, or at least to be no more evil than the average drow. She would be wise to do so, otherwise, if she makes things with Naal worse, it could mean bad PR for her. The Beldroabean certainly will suspect something then, if Snadya simply kills her.

Snadhya's plan after all is to look nice and not dangerous while she pulls the strings from the back to orchestrate the collapse of the current order and only when this has happened will she unleash her legions of terror for her bloody ascension.
    (Sounds dramatic, doesn't it? Although it's my speculation)

If Naal gets any help I think it might be from behind Door #1. Remember one of the most devote belivers in Sharres is Naal.
    But this is - as already mentioned by Miklus - Drowtales, where innocent kittens die, as early as chapter one. No, a 'divine rescue', if I understand you right, is imho highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    My money says that Nau'kheoul will put his sword to use at the last second.
    What on Naal! This might be very dark. But we've seen developments like this before, haven't we?
    Last edited by Hamilkar; 2010-10-25 at 03:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Yes but Snadhya pretends in the public to be nice, or at least to be no more evil than the average drow. She would be wise to do so, otherwise, if she makes things with Naal worse, it could mean bad PR for her. The Beldroabean certainly will suspect something then, if Snadya simply kills her.

Snadhya's plan after all is to look nice and not dangerous while she pulls the strings from the back to orchestrate the collapse of the current order and only when this has happened will she unleash her legions of terror for her bloody ascension.
    (Sounds dramatic, doesn't it? Although it's my speculation)
    That's what I meant. It's in public, and they've made a big scene. If Snad can't help, she will convey an impression of incompetence. And it will make more people refuse the tainting, given the effect and the advertising it'd get; which would hinder her plan.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Look like Snad DID help Naal. (surprise surprise) Maybe she wants Naal to be a Nihd?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Look like Snad DID help Naal. (surprise surprise) Maybe she wants Naal to be a Nihd?
    I don't think so. While a Beldrobbaen would be quite a bonus, I'm not sure it's very... realistic.

Still, yay! Maybe Naal will actually survive the timeskip! I mean, this is the chance that was wasted with Sene'kha.
    I hope.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

12. - Top - End - #72

That was surprisingly undramatic. Snad seem to have this demon thing well under control. I bet she could cure 'Suul, but then more people would want to have thier taint removed. It is supposed to be unremoveable, but I don't think it is. And having 'Suul turn into a demon and go on a rampage would be bad PR too.

...If Mel had not taken the crown with her, Kiels plan would have backfired so badly it would have killed 'Suul, would it not? Kiel, leave the planning to Chrys, ok?
    Bad to the Bone!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

That Snadhya would consider to offer this to Naal is unlikely and even if she did, the chances that Naal would willingly accept are as likely as Shimilande would consider a romantic relationship with Kharlaggen.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Still, yay! Maybe Naal will actually survive the timeskip! I mean, this is the chance that was wasted with Sene'kha.
    I hope.
    I also would definitely like to see Naal more grown up, how she would look like. However this would make her fight against her tainting less dramatic. All characters say that her tainting is fatal and unstable and that she doesn't has much time left. She even said it herself. So if she continues to survive 20 years or so, this seems to me quite unrealistic and would diminish Naal's constant struggle and her own judgment about her own state.

Additional Glass Mouse you wrote some time ago.

Woow, lots of bitching here. I still follow the comic, and I enjoy it a lot at it's current focus on Team Tainted and Snad/Mel.
    Seems like you guys just caught my specific peeves - the reverse dungeon crawl, Liriel, Ariel's Mary Sueness, and the physics-defying fanservice.
    I'll be nicer, I swear
    I think I finally understood that comment because I don't think that small arguments are bad (if all sides can still be civil), quite the contrary. Maybe it's just me, but I like to debate and stick to my convictions until somebody can convince me otherwise. So I didn't notice your or any other arguments in this thread as 'bitching'.
    Besides, Drowtales has, for whatever reason, always caused a lot of heated arguments before, in this forum, The webcomic is apparently for many people quite infuriating.
    Last edited by Hamilkar; 2010-10-26 at 05:20 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well, we sorta know what's in Snad's freezer now and it's class A bad news for Team Tainted. My guess it's storage for the bodies of people that Snad made (demon) copies of. She is keeping them semi alive to provide power and so that the demons can use the memories of the real people for a near perfect imitation. They did something similar on Stargate SG-1 IIRC. Faen didn't attack a teacher, she mindblasted a demon is self defence. Sil'lice probably made this place for Snad not knowing what it was for at the time.

15. - Top - End - #75

That was not what I was expecting to find there at all. I had pictured a big summoning circle a la pentagram with skulls and black candles all over the place.

So...They clone people...and a number of copies are running around up there? Doppelgangers have infiltrated everywhere? Chrys should make a list of the persons in the freezer.
    Bad to the Bone!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I finally understood that comment because I don't think that small arguments are bad (if all sides can still be civil), quite the contrary. Maybe it's just me, but I like to debate and stick to my convictions until somebody can convince me otherwise. So I didn't notice your or any other arguments in this thread as 'bitching'.
    Besides, Drowtales has, for whatever reason, always caused a lot of heated arguments before, in this forum, The webcomic is apparently for many people quite infuriating.
    Ooh, I actually remember that thread. It was... interesting, to say the least

And thanks. I do try to keep my "bitching" well-argumented and fair. I just always feel a bit bad when I critisize someone else's work. They might be reading or something.
    (weirdly, stuff like DD doesn't count... but that's because I genuinely don't think even the artist cares for his creation)
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

BUSTED! And how much do you want to be it's the "dead" teacher they where just looking at? (The one that is on the cover). Even at a distance the hair is the same.

And here is something I don't think the forum members over on DT noticed. The dead teacher has the same marks around her eyes that Faen has. Wonder what the connection is there?

Now how is Team Tainted going to get out of this? Might they get help from someone (Mel?) or will they figure their own way out of it?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'm sure we'll soon find out what Snadhya really is doing with her corpses and what is the secret of the doppelgängers, so I'd better not speculate on this. It has to be something new though like a unknown mana art or something.

I had expected an army of frozen Nidraa'chal's behind that door, but the frozen corpses of people who are being seen walking around are potentially more creepy than that.

BUSTED! And how much do you want to be it's the "dead" teacher they where just looking at? (The one that is on the cover). Even at a distance the hair is the same.
    It's to be expected that the character from the cover makes an appearance.

Now how is Team Tainted going to get out of this? Might they get help from someone (Mel?) or will they figure their own way out of it?
    I believe it's time for some fight. It's only one drow/demon (whatever), against … well six kids. Two of them weak males. Well Nau has to use the sword of his eventually, doesn't he?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I wonder if the "weak males" may be the ones that save them all.

20. - Top - End - #80

I wonder if the "weak males" may be the ones that save them all.
    Yeah, the one from clan Emo is getting something from his purse. Probably a superweapon...or maybe Bob the chicken.
    Bad to the Bone!

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    Probably a superweapon...or maybe Bob the chicken.
    What's the difference?

22. - Top - End - #82

Whoa boy! Shinea just got brained. That's drowtales as we all know it.

Let's see here...Kiel does for a fist-of-doom thing but gets pretty badly hit herself. Chrys throws a blood arrow (like she did on Sillice). It does not work against ice magic. Shinea does some sound magic to break the ice shield. And is promply killed. Death by iceicle.

We need Bob the chicken baaaad right now.
    Bad to the Bone!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Eep!
    Bye, bye, Shinae.

It's oddly fitting, in a way. She was obviously heading towards separating from the group, one way or another. From a story perspective, it seems logical to kill her off.

Also, did anyone else notice the grown-up Naal on the home page? Her nose piercing is mirrored, but the belts and everything else is there. I wonder if it means something, or if it's just the creators messing with us.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Really don't know if Shinae is dead or just injured. This battle is not going so well for Team Tainted that's for sure.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Really don't know if Shinae is dead or just injured. This battle is not going so well for Team Tainted that's for sure.
    There's no sign of penetration under the chin, but there is blood coming out of her mouth. My theory is that her mouth was bludgeoned shut hard enough to bite her tongue.

Of course, once Naal does her illusion thing to give the teacher a decent distraction, the boys will have their opportunities to move in with golem and sword.

26. - Top - End - #86

There's no sign of penetration under the chin, but there is blood coming out of her mouth. My theory is that her mouth was bludgeoned shut hard enough to bite her tongue.
    I suppose you could be right...

I got a theory as to how they could win this...
    Spoiler
    Show

They could kill the theachers frozen body
    Bad to the Bone!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. That actually seems to be the case.

I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed by this. Dunno why, but I still think the death of Shinae would make the rest of the group more solid. Also, I keep expecting her to betray them, so I can't but think that Shinae's survival might lead to Chrys', Kiel's and Naal's death (and probably the boys', too).
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed by this. Dunno why, but I still think the death of Shinae would make the rest of the group more solid. Also, I keep expecting her to betray them, so I can't but think that Shinae's survival might lead to Chrys', Kiel's and Naal's death (and probably the boys', too).
    Actually I doubt that somebody from the team will die. Let's see. Naal could die, of course, heroically saving everyone, but apart from that? Kiel and Chystel are still needed by the plot (Sorry for analyzing this from a writers perspective). Nau and Khal had too less screen time to die yet, that leaves only Shinae.

But when Shinae dies, she can't betray the group any more, or change her character into something less nerving.

He, if Naal dies in the school, Snadhya's efforts would be in vain and Waes'soloth would be more pissed at Snadhya, than she already is.

Although Kern (the creatorof DT) could pull a George R. R. Martin on us, killing off everyone present.

Also, did anyone else notice the grown-up Naal on the home page? Her nose piercing is mirrored, but the belts and everything else is there. I wonder if it means something, or if it's just the creators messing with us.
    Probably a mistake or an artists liberty, since Kern did not draw it.

Of course, once Naal does her illusion thing to give the teacher a decent distraction, the boys will have their opportunities to move in with golem and sword.
    Bob the undead chicken v.3 with inbuilt flamethrower for the win! Seriously, if Bob doesn't have his appearance I'll be somewhat disappointed.

But what I really want, no matter the outcome, is a bit more interesting longer fight, since they are rather few battles in DT or they are cut, meaning only the beginning is show. Additionally we could see what these kids are capable of.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Bob makes a (short) apperence. :( No one one Team Tainted is dead yet, but somoen had broken and ran. Naal is being a good distraction but the others need to be able to take advantage it.

30. - Top - End - #90

So much for bob the chicken as a superweapon. And Ganurath was right, Shinae is not dead (yet). 'Suul is pretty good with those illusions. But we already knew that from the fight with Airel.
    Bad to the Bone!