Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,435 of 1435
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

It looks like the demon (a Shard of the demon god from a few chapters ago) is going down. And Kiel is a mother? The Drowtales world is doooomed!
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Annnd the great shard of the Demon God ends with a

Spoiler
    Show
    Burp

Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Troll in the Playground

...ouchies.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    ...ouchies.
    Still alive though. But what's under the mask? And whatever it is, it needs to die yesterday.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Firbolg in the Playground

You monster!!
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

I have a DeviantArt account, yay...

Avatar by CoffeeIncluded, many thanks!

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Troll in the Playground

She's really let herself go: old clothes, unkempt hair, one thumb on the wrong side of the hand...
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

The thumb is hidden behind Turtle's leg. And boy, does she looks pissed off. (Eyes are shadowed? Hiding that she's tainted from the two monsters maybe?). While the two monsters might have an immunity to mana arts, they won't have an immunity to being stabbed.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question. I'm new to drowtales.

Is this good? I have heard... things

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

If the things were about sexual depravity, the (public) comic was modified a long time ago, removing almost all of the instances. The two instances that are left aren't portrayed in a sexy way (Quain forcing her daughter to have a heir and Rik, a dragon-drow hybrid that is a one-of-a-kind experiment and completely loses his head when he meets an underage shapeshifter capable of assuming a form like his).

Drowtales is OK, it has fairly awesome arcs, but also long arcs that seem to be there just because they have to and have the wrong focus. You should just start from the beginning and see if it does for you.
    Last edited by Vinyadan; 2019-03-01 at 05:36 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Yeah, the worst stuff was redone a long time ago. It can still be very violent and bloody at times so it's NSFW. Drowtales has some great art, a while lot of characters who you will sometimes hate and then cheer for. As Vinyadan said, take a look at the start of the series.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Troll in the Playground

I guess that Sillice found someone new to call a monster! Woo hoo! Apparently, her tainted ally is a son of hers of whom we had not heard anything until now (actually a cameo).

Also, panel 3: Sillice's hand has the wrong thumb, this time without any doubt http://drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=12525

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I guess that Sillice found someone new to call a monster! Woo hoo! Apparently, her tainted ally is a son of hers of whom we had not heard anything until now (actually a cameo).

Also, panel 3: Sillice's hand has the wrong thumb, this time without any doubt http://drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=12525
    Sillice has a lot of kids. And in this case Sillice is right. These people are monsters. You are correct, there is something going on with that thumb. Kern does not make that kind of mistake so there is a story there we don't know yet. Might be a golem hand.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Troll in the Playground

Does anyone know how updates work nowadays? During the last month, there has been more or less one update every three days. Once, it used to be something like 6 or 7 per week. Have there been any communications? The RSS feed tends to date updates as if they had happened in the past, which means that they don't show up in the last updates on the app I use, and the last page didn't send any RSS notice.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

With only Kern and Kite working on it now updates come along when the page is done. So updates can be real inconsistent. Please don't die Diva.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Troll in the Playground

Does this mean that the teacher they fought in the morgue had already been turned into a summon/abomination/immortal when she was killed by the glutton demon that contaminated Naal Faen?
    Last edited by Vinyadan; 2019-03-16 at 07:13 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Yep. The teacher was one of Snad's earlier projects. The teacher actually pulled out a piece of the crystal and called it a piece of her soul during the fight. Shortly before she got munched on of course. Seems that Snad's "immortality" isn't what it's advertised as being as Angry Eyes has discovered the hard way. And it shows that Kiel is a damn good summoner in order to pull off this trick with only very basic info. So what comes next? "I can talk! I can talk!" or Kiel ringing the dinner bell?

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Troll in the Playground

I have to say that Sillice is right on this one. It's also a bit strange that Nau didn't check on the kid earlier.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I have to say that Sillice is right on this one. It's also a bit strange that Nau didn't check on the kid earlier.
    Well there was the dead body in the elevator that slowed him down.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Troll in the Playground

"Sorry Shashana, I first stole your pyjamas, now I'll steal your ward".

Although she'd be right if she really went through with it. She can't protect the body*, and it isn't just a holy relic waiting for Sharess to come back: it's probably the most powerful weapon in the underworld. Better she take it, instead of just waiting for Snadhya to steal it and use it.

*Maybe she could, if Sillice and her family were made into permanent guardians, but this still isn't like when Orthorbbae was a conflict-free zone housing dozens of the most powerful mages and warriors Chel had to offer. Plus, Shashana had some sort of research program going on in which she put summoning stones into living beings, and, unless some of the Val are going out once in a while to hunt and have a summoner work on their prey, I doubt it's still ongoing.
    Last edited by Vinyadan; 2019-03-22 at 07:26 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I'm not sad that Diva couldn't do it. And I hope part of the reason is Ragini.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler: Things are Bad
    Show
    Chel is massively screwed. Snad's damn flower has gotten loose in the city and at least one district has been quarantined as a result. I hope Kiel and Nau don't get infected. That's one of the many reasons bioweapons are so dangerous. Once unleashed you can't control it unless it's something that can't spread person to person.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe there has already been some talk about this in the past, but I thought I would link this: http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/?p=18020

Apparently, this is the second to last chapter of the comic. I don't know if there will be a "Moonlight Age" or side stories series after this one, or if it's really the end for anything this side of the paywall.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

This seems to me a huge elephant in the room that's been there for years, and one of the most important points in the whole story. Kiel is the only person we know of who managed to merge with her demon without external help, is still alive, and didn't seem to have odd behavioural changes. And merging is the only known way to stop the taint from being a death sentence. Shashana said that botched (aka standard) tainting could be fixed. There's lots of people who need it: all of the Vel'Sharen (among which there is Chris), Nishi, Sillice, the Vloz crew, Tirade, uncountable commoners...

So it's good that it came up. I hope it's consequential.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/?p=18080

If I read correctly, the Drowtales forums will soon end, and will be substituted by an official Discord.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/?p=18080

If I read correctly, the Drowtales forums will soon end, and will be substituted by an official Discord.
    Yeah, the forums are being closed down in favor of Discord. Apparently the last mod left and not many people are using the forums anymore. So got to talk on Discord now.