New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

Call a bit of a cynic, but I don't think "HoleHearted" was leteral, but emotional. She more less just brushed off the last two friends she had and is planning on doing alot of killing. I think that she might being going into Darth Keil territory. The "tell" on her going that way may be if she still is able to know the readers are out there or if the totaly "rejects" us. If she does go Darth Keil, probably the only thing that will be able to bring her back would be Naal.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Good calling it, HandofShadows. She went straight into killing mode. She doesn't even consider it odd that her supposed attempted assassin is sitting around defenseless after trying to poison her.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Right, with taking Nyo'Ka's surprised expression, and the fact that she was supposedly meditating in her night clothes, into account, I guess she probably didn't do it. (Damn you Larv ^^).

Well let's see if Kyo'Ka can survive this situation. Kiel should really interrogate her, rather than killing her off, but who can blame her? She IS a child who just survived a serious poisoning!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't think Nyo'ka did it either. It makes no sence to show up and mock the victim you just poisoned. It could only be to throw suspision on Nyo'ka. It was probably Larv...but then again maybe not. She would have sacrificed her gang for this plan, leaving her dangerously weak. It's probably someone else altogether.

It does not really matter. Kiel has to kill all the summoners. That is the only way she will ever have control of the clan. She really has to clean house now.

Oh, and remember that drow age slowly. How old is Kiel? 25?
    Last edited by Miklus; 2011-01-15 at 12:12 PM.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

24, i think.

6. - Top - End - #186

Kiel is very subtle, isn't she? Like a bull in a china store.
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well Darth Kiel has been put back in it's can. I forgot that Nyo'ka had kids.

The danger might not be over yet though. Remember that the fortress is hanging over the edge of a lake of magma (Kern has said there is a reason for that) and there is a big bomb in the basement. Is Kiel depressed enough that she might just tell the (few) halfway decent people around to leave and then blow the place?

8. - Top - End - #188

Maybe Kiel don't have to kill all the summoners after all. Just take their kids hostage! Why did I not think of this before?

Man, I would make a good drow!
    Bad to the Bone!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

He, Nyo'Ka apparently managed it to get not instantly killed. Good to see that Kiel didn't get immune to reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    It does not really matter. Kiel has to kill all the summoners. That is the only way she will ever have control of the clan. She really has to clean house now.
    If Kiel kills all the summoners, then the Vloz'ress clan will collapse. I don't think she wants that. She wants a lot of princes, remember?

Oh, and remember that drow age slowly. How old is Kiel? 25?
    Well mentally she behaves like a 14 years old from time to time and I'm pretty sure that the drow society would call somebody with the age of 25 (or 24) as definitely very young and inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    ... The danger might not be over yet though. Remember that the fortress is hanging over the edge of a lake of magma (Kern has said there is a reason for that) and there is a big bomb in the basement. Is Kiel depressed enough that she might just tell the (few) halfway decent people around to leave and then blow the place?
    I don't think that she will consider doing that, not if she isn't getting really, really desperate. But you are right the danger is not over yet, because if Nyo'Ka did not try to poison Kiel, then the real culprit is still out there. (My money is now on Larv)

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well, nearly the end of the chapter, at least as far as Keil is concerned. She managed not to become Darth Keil, but only just. Still heart broken and it will be a long time to heal if it ever does. But the time jump will be coming up in about 12 pages or so.

11. - Top - End - #191

wasn't the time jump supposed to be after (or before?) chapter 30?
    that'd still leave about 50-100 pages.

12. - Top - End - #192

Its after. Want A link?

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

And the return of Drowtales Odd Couple.

14. - Top - End - #194

I lake how Baliir the berserker is ever so polite and well spoken. But, apparently, he is not a looker.

Also, that poor dude in the last panel almost got his ding snipped off.
    Bad to the Bone!

15. - Top - End - #195

as some people already pointed out on the DT forums:
    the woman next to baliir is blushing. so it's also a possibilty that he's the greatest bishie ever and kuso is just making fun of him.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I lake how Baliir the berserker is ever so polite and well spoken.
    He is one of the most philosophical and moral people in Drowtales. He does not kill unless there is no other choice and tries to avoid fighting by talking things out. In many ways he is an anti-beserker. Of course if he does get in a fight he is a very powerful (and smart) fighter. I seem him supporting Keil sooner or later.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Aww Baliir and Kuso return. Let's see if this time Kuso can eat his beloved steak, before someone throws them out the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I seem him supporting Keil sooner or later.
    Remember that Kiel is still a Val/Vel (part of the nobility). Baliir wants a classless society, with all the clans shattered, so how could he support someone, who is a member of the upper class by birth?

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    Its after. Want A link?
    I know I do. I just read the comic and don't keep up with the news posts or forum, so I had no idea about a time jump.
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

19. - Top - End - #199

linky free of charge.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    Remember that Kiel is still a Val/Vel (part of the nobility). Baliir wants a classless society, with all the clans shattered, so how could he support someone, who is a member of the upper class by birth?
    Keil isn't in control becasue of her birth, but because of her actions. Also Keil does not want to start any wars or play the "Who's Clan is on Top" game. She is just trying to do the right thing and survive doing it.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I could see Kiel and Baliir joining forces. They're both trying to get rid of wars and stupid clan power struggles.

Remembar, Baliir didn't reject Senekha simply because she was a de facto Val. That would've been rather stupid, too, since a Val is too powerful an ally to discard.

Maybe he'll even save Kiel from whatever Larvova's scheming.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    linky free of charge.
    Thank you Now I can't wait for the next two chapters to be over with, it sounds like a nice change of pace.
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

What is Larv actually trying to accomplish? Scheming around with Emoticon face. Probably 'convincing' certain key figures inside the clan, to join with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Yeah, I could see Kiel and Baliir joining forces. They're both trying to get rid of wars and stupid clan power struggles.

Remembar, Baliir didn't reject Senekha simply because she was a de facto Val. That would've been rather stupid, too, since a Val is too powerful an ally to discard.
    Well I only want to say that Baliir's strong ideals might lead to an different path, that Kiel might imagine for the Vloz. Well I have to say that we so far don't know much about Baliir yet, so everything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by onthetown View Post
    Thank you Now I can't wait for the next two chapters to be over with, it sounds like a nice change of pace.
    Ah, and we will most likely have a chapter nine remake between or before the timeskip, the last remake fortunately.
    (link is also free of charge )

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    Ah, and we will most likely have a chapter nine remake between or before the timeskip, the last remake fortunately.
    (link is also free of charge )
    It is probably needed to make The Ice Queen seem less of a total #¤%&! Chapter nine makes her one of the worst people in Chel.

Time to read the old chapter nine while we still can!
    Bad to the Bone!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well ONE of Keil's attempted assasins is gone (to become a Golem?) but the other is still around. Seems someone cannot follow orders very well. Kharla needs a new doll since they killed one of her old ones.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I just realized. These extra pages are all about how all the people of the Vloz'ress, minus Kiel, are dealing with the current changes, introduced by her.

Kuso is apparently not disturbed in the slightest that Kessen is dead. His loyalty was bought by Larv with ada, while at the same time, Larv is trying to get as many Summoners and Soul Seekers as possible, to join to her side when things get tough. She is trying to influence things in her favor until she can challenge Kiel. Well her persistence to be a pain is admirable. In the meantime Nyo'Ka is solving her problem with one of her independent followers. She seems to quite realize that her informant might be guilty as well, but apparently she values Dis'Idea's life (Argh, who invented these names, anyway? (Rhetorical question!) A pain to write and to remember). Finally the engineer is appreciating the benefits, that his support of Kiel had apparently brought him. So who's left? Maybe we see what Karla and the rest of Kessens team are doing, before the chapter is over.

I think in chapter 29 we should finally see Ariel again. It has been a while now.

27. - Top - End - #207

...Did the two assistants just fall in the lava??? Since Kaliir whats more assistants and need to find two floaters?

And like I said, Kiel needs to clean house. All the summoners must die. As long as they live, they are a threat to Kiel. The cake is proof of this. Killing so many mid-level people in the clan might weaken it, but that can't be helped.

Kiel could also kidnap their children (if they have any) and hold they hostage somewhere else.

Kiel also need to gain control of the shard. Otherwise they summoners will call forth the deamon regardless of her orders.
    Bad to the Bone!

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiel also need to gain control of the shard. Otherwise they summoners will call forth the deamon regardless of her orders.
    There are two reasons why that won't work.

1. One of the critical elements of fulfilling Sene'kha's plan was the cooperation of Kharla'ggen. The Il'haress is firmly in Kiel's territory.

2. Nether gates can only be opened to either a random location or a location that the summoner has opened a gate to previously. Since the nether realm is potentially infinite, the odds of Ni'bai opening a gate close enough to the demon god for it to notice the bait are dismissably improbable.

Finally, something that might interfere or might not is how the strong a demon's aura is, the smarter the demon is. The demon god may not fall for the trap.

In summary, Umpus and Ni'bai are idiots.

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    There are two reasons why that won't work.

1. One of the critical elements of fulfilling Sene'kha's plan was the cooperation of Kharla'ggen. The Il'haress is firmly in Kiel's territory.

2. Nether gates can only be opened to either a random location or a location that the summoner has opened a gate to previously. Since the nether realm is potentially infinite, the odds of Ni'bai opening a gate close enough to the demon god for it to notice the bait are dismissably improbable.

Finally, something that might interfere or might not is how the strong a demon's aura is, the smarter the demon is. The demon god may not fall for the trap.

In summary, Umpus and Ni'bai are idiots.
    Yes, there are no guarentee that the summoning plan will work at all. I got a feeling that the deamon would screw them over anyway.

But to have a shot at it, the summoners must gain control of Kharla and that means getting rid of Kiel. Kiel should realise this and know that she has to kill them all.

Kiel's option two is to find the shard and destroy it. That would foil the plan once and for all, even if the summoners manage to kill her later.

Option three is to kill Kharla. A swift stab at bath-time. That would foil the plan at least until the summoners can make a new Kharla. Kiel would then have to flee the fortress in all haste. A last-minute option, maybe.
    Bad to the Bone!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Miklus, I don't think you're hearing me on the gate thing. There are only two places in the nether realm's potentially infinite vastness that a nether gate can be opened to. One place is a location that the summoner creating the gate has opened a gate to previously. The second place is a random location, ruled entirely by chance.

This means that the gate to summon the demon god would have to be opened to a random location in the nether. Even if we assume that the nether realm is actually finite, it is arbitrarily large, and the range across which the demon god can detect the bait is unknown. Heck, the fact that nether gets are one way mediums means that there's no way any sign of the bait could enter the nether realm through the gate created.

Even if it was somehow close enough, there would still be the problem of lesser demons coming through and sabotaging the ritual, the demon god deciding that such a middling shard isn't worth the trouble of entering a world that can't sustain its vastness (since the stronger demons are also smarter demons,) or that the demon god may attack them. Tainting only grants immunity to a stronger tainting, any demonic attack that can hit a demon like Discordia can hit Umpus or Ni'bai.

To reiterate my previous point: Umpus and Ni'bai are idiots.