Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1435
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    I thought that the demon god they where after could enter the real world without the problems other demons had. Cannot find the reference now though.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I thought that the demon god they where after could enter the real world without the problems other demons had. Cannot find the reference now though.

    No, they were planning to use Kharla to get around that.


    @Ganurath, the nether gate issue is one that would have existed back when Sene'kha was running the show, and I'd assume she was aware of that and had a way to handle it.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ganurath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Under the Iron Gauntlet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    @Ganurath, the nether gate issue is one that would have existed back when Sene'kha was running the show, and I'd assume she was aware of that and had a way to handle it.
    Such as by having opened a gate near the demon god personally, or being friends with the Vel'Sharen, one of whom being the one that made the gate that the bait escaped through? (Fun Fact: That summoner was brutally killed as well!)

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Miklus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Miklus, I don't think you're hearing me on the gate thing. There are only two places in the nether realm's potentially infinite vastness that a nether gate can be opened to. One place is a location that the summoner creating the gate has opened a gate to previously. The second place is a random location, ruled entirely by chance.

    ...

    To reiterate my previous point: Umpus and Ni'bai are idiots.
    I hear you, but the summoners must have some idea to get around that. Otherwise I must agree with you: They are idiots.

    Actually, the summoners plan seems to be something like this:

    Summon Great Deamon God -> ??? -> Win!

    It does not seem very well thought through, to say the least. There are way to many unknowns in this plan, not least the Deamon itself.

    I mean, Kharla with a Deamon in the head...how can that NOT go FUBAR?
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    blackjack217's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ama'varde
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    excellent point. Also the server seems to be down. Its up now
    Last edited by blackjack217; 2011-01-30 at 06:38 PM.


    Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ganurath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Under the Iron Gauntlet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Reverent-One's link actually provides an additional point: It is impossible for the demon god to enter the physical world without Kharla's HSQ aura to act as an environment suitable for such a massive nether entity. Therefore, they need to having Kharla actually manning the gate in order to make this work. Given the time required, that also means they need Kharla's handler to keep her in place.

    Have I mentioned that Umpus and Ni'bai are idiots?

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Have I mentioned that Umpus and Ni'bai are idiots?
    HEY! Quit insulting idiots by comparing them to Umpus and Ni'bai!

    And now we have robo-Naal to worry about. Seems a little Sharren princess has been taken down quite a few pegs. Hoepfully she will continue to grow into a decent person. Be interesting to she is Diva messes with her head if they ever meet.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    A liittle tinfoil hat time:

    Spoiler
    Show

    This is about Ariel, not anything going on currently. Ok we know who Ariles mother and grandmother are. Nothing really special there as far as that goes. What is more than a *little* unusual is Ariel's father, Zhor. Despite his looks Zhor is certainly an elf. And elf shapshifted into the form of a giant spider. A giant PURPLE. Ariel' ability to shapeshift (a High Sorcery skill) is rare and the ease she does it with is probably even more are. This is certainly an inherited attribute.

    So who is Zhor? When the elves retreated underground a number of them turned themselves into spiders to help the elves survive. This means they are VERY old and might even have lived on the surface. So might Zhor be related to another very old character? Say one with purple hair? Yes, I mean Diva (and Sharess herself by extension). This would do a lot to explain Ariel's abilities and why Diva seems to trust her (Even if she does not knowingly recognize her as a reletive). It would also be a reason for Ariel to continually color her hair purple (It feels natural to her). It may not be correct, but hey.
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2011-02-01 at 03:39 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Miklus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Have you noticed how we never see Umpus' feet? I bet he doesn't have any.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ganurath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Under the Iron Gauntlet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    A liittle tinfoil hat time:

    Spoiler
    Show

    This is about Ariel, not anything going on currently. Ok we know who Ariles mother and grandmother are. Nothing really special there as far as that goes. What is more than a *little* unusual is Ariel's father, Zhor. Despite his looks Zhor is certainly an elf. And elf shapshifted into the form of a giant spider. A giant PURPLE. Ariel' ability to shapeshift (a High Sorcery skill) is rare and the ease she does it with is probably even more are. This is certainly an inherited attribute.

    So who is Zhor? When the elves retreated underground a number of them turned themselves into spiders to help the elves survive. This means they are VERY old and might even have lived on the surface. So might Zhor be related to another very old character? Say one with purple hair? Yes, I mean Diva (and Sharess herself by extension). This would do a lot to explain Ariel's abilities and why Diva seems to trust her (Even if she does not knowingly recognize her as a reletive). It would also be a reason for Ariel to continually color her hair purple (It feels natural to her). It may not be correct, but hey.
    Panel three, page 29, chapter 15 explains what Zhor is. Last panel of page 38 in chapter 8 shows us that Ariel got her shapeshifting ability from her mother's side.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    It seems that chapter 29 will be featuring Chiri and Shan and some light elfs. Well let's see what our favorite fanatic will be doing and how many 'Heretics' will have to burn this time.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ganurath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Under the Iron Gauntlet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    But we already know that our favorite fanatic is at a steakhouse with Kuso.

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    It seems that chapter 29 will be featuring Chiri and Shan and some light elfs. Well let's see what our favorite fanatic will be doing and how many 'Heretics' will have to burn this time.
    Actually she got a leason in non fanaticism a short time ago. I think she is a bit more level headed now.

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    But we already know that our favorite fanatic is at a steakhouse with Kuso.
    Ok you got me there! Of course I meant the 'favorite' in Chiri's case sarcastically.

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Actually she got a leason in non fanaticism a short time ago. I think she is a bit more level headed now.
    We will see. At the moment she's probably still in her peaceful and open mood, but who knows how long it will last?
    I have to admit that I am a bit biased when it comes to that character. Especially after Chiri's famous raid in Nagyescsed were all opposition seemed to be suicidal or incompetent.


    Edit:

    What, has this thread stopped? Now, that we are back for the real PCs?
    Seriously it seems that Shan is using some magic to close the door (He has an affinity to wood?) and that he is not waiting for his warden's permission to do anything. Also I like the coloring here. Shan's and the rest of the Drow's eyes does reflect the background light, the light elf's aren't. I wonder how much, Drow do see better at low light than the rest of the elves, besides of being able to see infrared.
    Last edited by Hamilkar; 2011-02-06 at 02:50 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Miklus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    So...random elf is dog food? And the other elfs just writes her off? That's harsh.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ganurath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Under the Iron Gauntlet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    So...random elf is dog food? And the other elfs just writes her off? That's harsh.
    Option 1: Leave Runner Elf to die. Most Probable Casualty Count is 1, Least Probable Casualty Count 2+.

    Option 2: Heroic Rescue of Runner Elf. Most Probable Casualty Count is Size of Rescue Party Plus One, Least Probable Casualty Count is 0.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    What is that?
    A bird?
    A airplane?

    No it's the flying ninja terminator of doom, called Chiri.

    Well it isn't easy for a human in the DT universe. Poor guards.
    Is Chiri really jumping out of some shadow, or is the panel just black for the dramatic effect?

    I guess that the group will soon leave the borders of that human kingdom. I wonder if these are/were the border guards.

    Q: Why did that human take his helm of?
    A: So that Chiri can cut his throat better!

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Miklus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    OK, I think this is the last nail in the coffin of my image of Chiri as some sort of noble paladin. I wonder how I got that idea anyway. The martyr-syndrome? The self-righteousness? The fanatical religious viewpoints?

    More like a violent brainwashed nazi with delusions of grandour that hears voices and hallucinates. She is one sick little puppy. She is kind of cool, actually!

    ...Who would win in a fight between Chiri and Miko?

    Chiri: Behold my power to make...bonfires!
    Miko: Slash-Slash-Slash-Slash-Slash!
    Chiri: x_x
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    OK, I think this is the last nail in the coffin of my image of Chiri as some sort of noble paladin. I wonder how I got that idea anyway. The martyr-syndrome? The self-righteousness? The fanatical religious viewpoints?
    Why? Because she used stealth to attack people trying to kill her?
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post

    Q: Why did that human take his helm of?
    A: So that Chiri can cut his throat better!
    actually, he did it to be able to see. he had it on backwards to cover his eyes while he slept.

    (if what you said was meant as a joke, just ignore this comment.)

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    ...Who would win in a fight between Chiri and Miko?
    I'd also say Miko. While Chiri would be still having her speech how some 'righteous flames will purge thee' to work herself up, Miko on the other hand would immediately shout 'DIE evil drow' and go into Slash-hack-slash mode. If Chiri would not try to ambush her, as she showed herself capable of doing recently, of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    OK, I think this is the last nail in the coffin of my image of Chiri as some sort of noble paladin. I wonder how I got that idea anyway. The martyr-syndrome? The self-righteousness? The fanatical religious viewpoints?
    Why? Because she used stealth to attack people trying to kill her?
    Well, IMHO I guess a paladin should not really ambush anybody, rather he or she should face any opponent head on, in an honorable duel at best. In contrast in the webcomic Goblins the goblin paladin Big Earth had a real moral problem attacking an enemy from behind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fion MacCumhail View Post
    actually, he did it to be able to see. he had it on backwards to cover his eyes while he slept.

    (if what you said was meant as a joke, just ignore this comment.)
    (It was actually meant half-joking)
    Yes I understand. Was I was trying to say is that it was very convenient for Chiri. I noticed that she seems to have a lot of luck, even taken her visions into account. The soldier could have also put his helm back on, when he woke up. (It would have taken longer and he would most certainly have been shot by Shan then)

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Miklus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    Why? Because she used stealth to attack people trying to kill her?
    These where not the same kind of humans as before. These look more like some barbarian tribe. But ok, they would probably not let her pass if she had asked nicely.

    But mostly for writing off "random elf", even if it was the smart thing to do.

    In contrast in the webcomic Goblins the goblin paladin Big Earth had a real moral problem attacking an enemy from behind.
    Heh, he's name is "Big Ears". You finally got a name wrong!

    Come to think of it...Miko would kick Chiri so hard in the head, that her head would come off, fly though the air and strike and kill Shan. That's how scary Miko was.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    Heh, he's name is "Big Ears". You finally got a name wrong!
    Oh dear! I should have used copy&paste instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    These where not the same kind of humans as before. These look more like some barbarian tribe. But ok, they would probably not let her pass if she had asked nicely.
    Well I don't think so. In this page (I know later than your post, Miklus) it was mentioned that Nagyescsed stretches all the way to the montains the elfs passed. So the humans which Chiri lynched could have been an stationed as a outpost here. Additionally the leather armor of the helm guy is similar to the one of the humans who pursued the elfs at the beginning of that chapter. Naturally guards in the wild are not having such a fancy uniforms than the ones in the capitol and apparently they don't shave so frequently either.


    Well about that ethical implications of the attack, we don't know the reasons why Chiri and Shan did it. Was it either a situation were the humans were guarding the only way to the elf village, or could they have been circumvented easily? The fact that Chiri looted the corpses quickly for clothing might indicate that the elves simply needed stuff.


    The elves are now in some dark wood. Maybe this is a forest with some living Dryads in it, like in the dead forest were Ariel did discover one. If this is the case I wonder if the drow will be recognized by the Dryads as light elf descendants or rather as a threat. Chiri's foreboding would make sense in that context.

    I have to say that the coloring in the last pages is getting better and better. No wonder that the creators had to reduce the comic to 'only' six pages a week. Sadly, on the other hand I find Chiri's story so far not so interesting as Ariel's, Chrystel's or Kiel's were. I hope that it is getting better, since this is supposed to be a very long chapter.

    By the way, why is Shan in need of a light, when he has light enhancing drow eyes?
    Last edited by Hamilkar; 2011-02-22 at 08:56 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    By the way, why is Shan in need of a light, when he has light enhancing drow eyes?
    The light elves don't have the ability though.

    I wonder about the forest though. I think Chiri knows or susspects something. Maybe the reason the forest is acting up is because of one of the one light elf with the major hate on.
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2011-02-22 at 03:52 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Chiri, what do you not do in a magical enhanced forest? Right, don't try to burn trees. It might make (more of them) them (more) angry and you don't want them angry.

    Ok as she is a Drow who didn't see a single tree most of her live, less a whole living forest, this error is somewhat forgiven.

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Maybe the reason the forest is acting up is because of one of the one light elf with the major hate on.
    Maybe you are up to something here. That Mazo character has been given several panels in the comic and some lines so far, meaning the creators wouldn't have done it if he wouldn't be somewhat important for the story. What if he is not what he appears to be a danger to the forest and the forest reacts accordingly?

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Chiri had a premonition and as far as I can recall they have not been wrong as of yet. So it she made a premptive strike to keep the trees from making a full out attack. Which they seemed about to do.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Miklus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Chiri's spider sense is tingeling!

    Starting a cooking fire in there was probably a bad idea. As was bringing an axe...Or maybe the trees are just evil.

    Apart from short-term you-are-about-to-die-horribly visions, what else have she got? The one about the eeeevil humans and their lust for elf blood. And the one about the tainted templer. Both where warnings about bad things that could happen to Chiri. Although it did not, so it is only warnings, not predictions.

    A certain comic with a seer has taught me that an author should be very careful with visions. But Drowtales does ok with this, I think.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kiroth6's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    It'll be kinda sad if Freya's brother ends up dying here, but he is kind of stupid for not scouting out the situation properly before attempting a rescue.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Chiri to the rescue. It's a little out of character for her that she didn't used her dagger or her fire to deal with the 'heretic'. Well Freya's brother is supposed to survive it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiroth6 View Post
    It'll be kinda sad if Freya's brother ends up dying here...
    Oh, but that would have more realistic imo.

    Chri: 'DYNAMIC ENTRY!!!' Stab stab burn stab slash
    Freya: 'Nooooooooooooooooo...'
    Chiri *grinning evil* 'Die evildoer!' Slash Kick Burn
    Freya: 'ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh...'
    Shan: 'Wait Chiri... I think you should...'
    Chiri: 'Hahahahhaahahah' Snap *Cuts off the head of 'heretic' elf*
    Freya: 'hhhhhhhhhhhgh!!! Brother' *whimper*
    Shan: 'Oh well ... Never mind.'

    See!? That's how Chiri should have acted.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Miklus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

    Ok...there is something screwy going on here. But what? Is their Queen some kind of dryad or demi-god?

    I just read the chapter again. What is the deal with this Mazo guy?

    The forrest elfs here are obviously extremely paranoid and they will not let Chiri & Co leave. How do these forrest elves even know about the drow?

    I feel like I'm missing a clue here...
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •