New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Acrasia 1: Awakening

Dice Roll thread

OOC thread

Also, please post in spoilers, until everyone is together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

You live on a world called Hirith. There are people trained to fight. There are mages who do wondrous things. Many types of races, and monsters.

You had a family, you think. You had some sort of life, you think. You were fairly strong. And something major went down, you know.

But what happened? All you remember now is a white room. 3 hooks for your clothes. A mirror. A bed. Where are you? You remember an unfamiliar building. People yelling. Why are you alone? Are you alone?

And why don’t you remember more?

Now, it's time to figure all of this out.

Elhorn

Spoiler
    Show
    Falling a few feet to the floor is no way to wake up. But, it beats feeling like you’ve been sleeping for a year. The first thing you see probably shouldn’t be an orange scaled kobold. Guess today isn’t your day. A quick glance around tells you a few things. One: your extra clothes are on hooks near you. Two: your stuff is against the wall, under your clothes. Three: Your weapons and armor aren’t there. Guess you can’t have it all.

Oh, and there are half a dozen kobolds now scratching at one of the three doors on your room.

There are 3 doors in your room, the West door (kobold door), the South door, and the East Door (already open)

Elizar

Spoiler
    Show
    Your eyes slowly open, and you see the white walls of your room reflecting the red light. This light seems to come from nowhere, and yet, everywhere at the same time. Your spare clothes hang on hooks, and you see most of your things across the room. Other than that, the walls are blank, though you see 3 doors. Well, if you can call them doors anymore. One of them has a hole in it, and you can hear small munching noises from the other side of it. Another door, on the wall next to the hold door, is unremarkable in many ways. The third door used to be a door, until four kobolds just knocked it down.

A quick look around the room tells you that all the items you remember having are there, aside from your weapons and shield. And you realize. You have no idea where you are.

There are 3 doors in your room, the West door (hole door), the South door, and the East Door (knocked down).

Aeolian

Spoiler
    Show
    Yawning, you slowly open your eyes from what seems like a year of sleeping. As you sit up, you realize that you’re not in your house. The walls of the room are a sterile white color, the only color comes from the brown wooden doors on 3 of the walls, your clothes on hooks on the fourth wall, your belongings (minus weapons and shields) under your clothes, and three spiders moving toward you.

Oh. Well, that’s not a very warm welcome, now, is it?

OOC: There are 3 doors in your room, the West door, the South door, and the East Door (open, the door the spiders came through)

Milk

Spoiler
    Show
    You’re awake. Huh. That’s always a good thing. On a bed. Not terribly comfy, but good enough. Sets of clothes hanging on hooks. And you’re wearing one set. Your stuff is next to your bed. Well aside from your weapon and shield. That’s not good. Three of the walls have doors. Good for going to different places. One of those doors has a hole in it. Good for pets? There’s a kobold eating your bread. … … …

Wait a minute.

The kobold, an unnatural orange-ish color. Is just sitting there. Eating. Your. Bread. You watch him for a little while, and notice that every time he finishes the bread, he waits for a few seconds, and the bread replenishes itself, and it begins to eat again.

This isn’t your old room though. Huh. Guess you better get up.

There are 3 doors in your room, the West door, the South door, and the East Door (door with a hole in it)

OOC: the bread replenishing only happens in your room.

Linwe

Spoiler
    Show
    As you wake up, you yawn, eyes opening into the brightness that is… a completely white room. The walls, the ceiling, even the floor. Your clothes hang up on one wall, and you see that all of your belonging lie against the wall opposite you, and the bed you’re lying on. Curiously, your weapons are missing. There’s no mirror, no personal effects. And this is when you remember, you’re not in your home. You came here, willingly, you believe, but the past few… well, your entire life is somewhat of a blur. But even if you don’t remember anything, you feel both safe where you are, and yet terrified of why you’re not home.

There’s a door to the North, South, East, and West.

Illych

Spoiler
    Show
    An unfamiliar air sets around you, and your fists clench. You’re lying down, but only slowly open your eyes. You remember not being at home, and not being anywhere familiar. But aside from that, you’re lost for where exactly you are. Staying still in bed, you notice that the ceiling is plain white, unstained. You hear nothing, so decide to risk turning your head and letting anyone in the room know you’re awake. But there’s no one there. Your spare clothes hang on the wall opposite you. Your belonging lie underneath them, but your shield and weapons are mysteriously missing. There are 3 doors on the other walls, and you realize that you are lying in a bed, the perfect size for you. The rest of the room is the perfect white of the ceiling, which is slightly unsettling. But it does seem like you are alone. So, now what?

You were never one to sit and do nothing, were you?

The doors lead to the West, South, and East.

Shooter

Spoiler
    Show
    You jerk up quickly, tense for some reason. Maybe it was a bad dream, maybe nothing. It feels like you slept for a long time though, and it feels good to be awake again. Your look to where your normal bedside table would be… but it’s not there. Nothing is. You’re in a completely blank room, with a couple pairs of clothes hanging on the wall opposite you. There’s an odd feeling about the room, like everything is completely silent. No noise from outside any of the three doors in the room. Your items, minus your weapons, are right next to your bed, but you don’t quite remember how they got there.

What you do remember is that you’re not in any immediate danger here. Vague ideas of who your family was and what your life was like. But aside from that? Nothing.

The three doors lead to the West, South, and East.

Tibbs

Spoiler
    Show
    Yawning, you wake up, feeling like it could be any other day in the world. You seem to have had a good night’s sleep, and a long one at that, but as you wake up, you remember dreaming that you were in an unfamiliar room, with white walls, a white floor, and a white ceiling. Your clothes were on hooks on another wall, and some of you belongings (minus your weapons) were on the floor under the clothes. It was a weird dream, because you didn’t know where you were, or why you were there. But you knew that you belonged there, that it wasn’t anything dangerous. You didn’t know where the three doors in your room led, but you knew you had been outside of them at one point. In the dream, you even had a hard time remembering your family, and past life. Of course, you remembered the basics but a lot was blurry.

So, relieved that the odd dream was over, you open your eyes and sit up in bed. You see the white walls. The white ceiling. Your clothes on the hooks. The three doors.

…Oh. Guess it wasn’t a dream after all…

The three doors go to the North, West, and East.
    Last edited by smashbro; 2011-08-19 at 09:10 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Acrasia 1: Awakening

Spoiler
    Show
    Illych awakens in unfamiliar surroundings, an unfamiliar bed in an unfamiliar room. He can remember very little. So little, in fact, that he does not immediately remember exactly how much he's supposed to remember.

Caution. Is he the kind of person who exercises caution? He can't quite recall, but he has the immediate urge to get up, to investigate the unfamiliar surroundings, and no urge to remain in bed staring at the ceiling. So he throws back the covers and stands up, concluding that no, he isn't necessarily the kind of person who exercises caution. But that may be a premature conclusion based on too small a sample size.

To himself, he says, "White. I like white. Right? Hm, maybe not." The entire room is all in the same clean white, which does unsettle him slightly. A strange contradiction, if he does like white. He sets the question aside as not currently important.

He strides immediately to the mirror, and looks at himself. At least he recognizes his face. He might not, if he met himself in a crowd, but looking in the mirror, the face that stares out at him is not viscerally unfamiliar. An honest face, he thinks. Or would like to think. Blond hair cut short and graying at the temples. Blue eyes, still bright. He recalls he usually shaves his beard clean - does he have more than a night worth of stubble now?

Next he turns to the pile of belongings - presumably his. He rifles through it methodically.

A belt full of lighting implements.

A small, brightly-painted golden sunburst on a chain - he remembers this being extremely important to him, so he puts it around his neck without hesitation.

Heavy armor (it's still there even though the shield and mace aren't, correct?), polished to a golden shine. The armor reminds him that he feels almost naked without it. "That's important."

This prompts him to inspect the clothes he woke up in. Pajamas, or day clothes? Either way, since he has fresh clothes hanging on hooks and doesn't have the sense that he usually gets an opportunity to be fastidious, he strips.

And inspects his body. A number of scars, some of them faded, indicating a life of occasional ultraviolence. Or else frequent ultraviolence, with his armor deflecting most of the blows he takes. Or maybe a life of tilling fields so incompetently that he kept getting run over by the plow. "Either way, I'm probably not much for farming."

Anyway, that investigation completed, he puts on one of the fresh outfits, chosen at random (well, chosen by dint of it's the one hanging on the leftmost hook). Then he carefully dons his banded mail armor, his fingers operating all the straps and fastens on instinct. Then he dons the belt full of sun rods and tindertwigs and adjusts the holy symbol - ah, yes, that's what the golden sunburst must be, a holy symbol - so it's displayed prominently on his chest.

Only then, with his armor making him feel fully clothed at last, does he venture to the western door and try the knob, cracking it ajar and peering out if he can.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Slowly hugging the bed sheets to cover myself, I sit up and try and get my bearings. My trance didn't feel any different than usual, yet I still can't account for how I got here. In fact, I don't think I can remember much of anything at all! I check my body for injuries, but can find none.

The room feels very unnatural to me; completely white room suffused with a soft white light that I can't identify the source of. In spite of the strange and unfamiliar surroundings I feel curiously unthreatened, though anxious that I'm not home. I frown as I realise I can't remember much of home either. Regardless of these feelings of uncertainty, as I see a door in each wall the urge to explore rises unbidden like it usually does in new surroundings, and I feel a strong compulsion to get moving.

Leaping out of bed, I drag the sheets with me until I manage to wriggle into my halter top and skirt. I make a brief check through my backpack, quickly realising I don't know what else I'd be supposed to have anyway, and swing it onto my back.

As I stand in the centre of the room, pondering which door to take, I feel my excitement grow at the day's exploring ahead of me, though I frown again when I realise I don't actually know if it is even day, nor which direction is which. I fight down the rising tide of panic, and it abates as quickly as it started. I have to find out where I am.

I pad softly up the door opposite the bed...

Spoiler
    Show
    As I go through the door opposite my bed, I'm going to move silently:

(1d20+8)[21] (Copied from Dice Rolls Thread)

If it's another blank room/corridor, I'll continue in the direction I'm going until I find anything interesting, which I'll investigate.
    If I can't continue in that direction, I'll go right each time.
    Naturally I'm going to be paying attention to my surroundings:

Spot: (1d20+9)[15] (Copied From Dice Roll Thread)
    Listen: (1d20+9)[20] (Copied from Dice Roll Thread)

Last edited by RCgothic; 2011-08-19 at 07:48 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ughhh, my head, what's happening? Where am I?"

Elhorn rises slowly and stiffly, shaking the deadness out of his leg that you get from lieing on it for too long. He blinks some of the sleep from his eyes and surveys his surroundings wondering what the scratching noise is. When he realises seconds later, he realises with a start, that he is pretty much naked and unarmed and they are kobolds who may or may not have hostile intentions.

He try's to lift the bed, and barricade the door with it to buy some time to think.

Spoiler
    Show

strength check [roll]1d20+2[roll]

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Brushing his hair away from his eyes, Tibbs slowly rises from his bed. He didn't know who had prepared this room for him, but he is glad that the bed was designed for a creature of his size. Then he notices some clothes hanging on hooks on a wall - three sets of clothes, all tailored to fit a small humanoid being like him. Plus, there are some other items underneath each set of clothes.

"Wait a minute," Tibbs says with a start. "Am I still dreaming?" Immediately, he pinches himself hard on the right arm. "OW!" he yelps. "I guess not."

Despite not knowing why he is here, Tibbs does not feel like he is in danger, so he figures that the best thing to do is check out the clothes on the wall and the assorted items on the floor beneath them. He starts with the clothes on the hook closest to his bed. They look very thick and heavy, as if they were designed for exploring cold places. This perplexes Tibbs as he does not recall ever needing to go anywhere cold. Perhaps that is going to change in the near future? Or maybe whoever got those clothes for him didn't really think it through. Underneath the thick clothes, Tibbs finds a lantern and some oil, as well as some flint and steel. Maybe someone thought that Tibbs would soon find himself in a cold dark place.

The next set of clothes Tibbs checks out look somewhat like the first set, except not as thick and heavy. Maybe they were for travelling to warmer places. One outfit for going to cold areas and one outfit for going to warm areas - clearly someone thought this halfling should be prepared for anything. 'Prepared for anything' ... where had Tibbs heard that phrase before? He pauses for a moment before looking at the items underneath this outfit. The first thing he notices is some kind of container. Upon shaking this container, he hears a sloshing sound like it contains some kind of liquid. Then there's a bag with some food in it leaning against what looks like a rolled-up makeshift bed. Finally, he sees a backpack that, upon inspection, is completely empty. Was this his backpack? Had someone been rummaging through his stuff? Had they stolen anything?

Without remembering exactly what he had, Tibbs can't work out whether or not anything is missing, so he checks out the last set of clothes. Unlike the other two outfits, this one does not look like it is meant for use in exploration. It looks more like something someone would wear when studying something or practising something. In an attempt to find out what, Tibbs looks at what items are on the floor below. There are five glass vials with coloured liquid inside and a pouch with an unintelligible symbol on it. Tibbs also spots a jar of ink and a pen resting on top of a book. Moving the ink and the pen onto the floor next to the pouch, he picks up the book and begins to read it. Expecting some clue as to what he is doing here and what all the items in this room are for, Tibbs is surprised when instead he finds instructions detailing the use of various spells.

And suddenly he remembers something important: he is a wizard! Not the best wizard in the land, but a wizard nonetheless. The things in this room must be his after all. Immediately, Tibbs begins gathering up his belongings, filling his backpack with whatever he can fit in there. But he can't shake the feeling that he had something else too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Seriously. Every time someone posts a thread like this, the Giant kills a kitten. Please stop before he gets to Mr. Scruffy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    Recent studies have suggested that reading daily mail reduces the sodium content in your blood. As such, many leading doctors suggest taking it with a grain of salt.

6. - Top - End - #6

BardGuy

TO ANY MAGES, YOUR SPELLS ARE PREPARED FOR THE DAY ALREADY

Illych
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: correct, you have armor.

When you look out of the door, you see what looks to be some sort of common room. It looks to be around twice as long as your room, and there is more area around a corner to your right. There are chairs and tables around, along with torches on the walls. These torches seem to have been brunt out for a long time now, and there's nothing to suggest that anyone has been in this room for weeks. A book lays open on a table next to a cup, but aside from that, there's nothing to suggest anyone was actually here.

But what's more interesting is the western wall (straight across from you). It looks like it is made out of some sort of glass, like a one way mirror. Outside you can see orange creatures, but can't tell anything more about them from this distance.

Behind them is another building, large and grand looking. There are two white marble doors, with something written on them, but again, you can't tell from here. And the wall of the building facing you? Looks like it's made of glass that you can't see into.

Linwe

Spoiler
    Show

You slowly open the door across from your bed, (which you somehow know is to the west) and peer inside. What you see is what looks to be a library. The walls are lined with bookshelves, and the shelves are all full of large books. There are a couple chairs to sit in, but no one is there, and to the best of your abilities, you can't hear anyone in there.

But what catches your attention is the wall across from you. It has no bookshelves. But instead, it is just a large window, the wall being made out of glass. Out the window, you see another building, with glass for a front wall also, but a 5 foot hole in the middle of it. You can't see much more without moving into the room.

Elhorn

Spoiler
    Show

The kobolds scratching on the door, turn when you get up and try to move the bed, but unfortunately you can't quite get the bed to the door in time.

The West door is now open, and three of the kobolds are in your room, the other three having gone through the door. They seem more curious about you thank threatened, but that feeling only lasts for a second. They start growling, and slowly walking toward you.

from the open eat door, you hear a male's voice, in Common.
    "What? Where am I?!? Why're there kobolds?!?"

Tibbs

Spoiler
    Show

Upon checking the room, you find nothing more than dust bunnies, and a mirror on the wall. Looks like no one has cleaned in here for a while. Seeing the entirety of the room, it seems like the bare necessities of a bedroom, but not one for a permanent stay, and not even a bad enough room for a good inn, or a good enough room for a bad inn.

You decide to check the doors by listening at them, but at the North and West doors you hear nothing. Behind the East one... is that snoring?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Milk

Milk rises from his bed and takes a good look around, ignoring the Kobold for the moment, then quickly puts his attention back on it. He looks at his gear and while keeping an eye on the Kobold equips all of his gear that is present. He raises his hand infront of him and looks it over as if reading a book. Looking for any signs of anything that has happened to him. Then begins a whole body self inpection looking for bruises cuts, aches, anything. All the while keepinig a watchful eye on the kobold.

After inspecting himself he files all he has learned into the back of his mind for later scrutiny and then figures he should deal with the Kobold. Slowly Milk kneels down to one knee, half plate thocking on the ground as he rests. He says to the kobold in draconic "Hello, do you understand me"
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2011-08-19 at 09:14 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

BardGuy

Milk

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: if you're looking for cuts from the kobold, there are none.

The kobold hisses and you when you speak, and clutches the bread tightly. He scurries over to the other end of the room, across from your bed and glares at you, ready to pounce. Somehow you know that he is on the south side of the room, while your bed is on the north.

9. - Top - End - #9

Spoiler
    Show
    Milk

(OOC: I wasn't looking for kobolds bites or anything, I just assume my character doesn't remember anything and he was looking for any clue as to what happened, for example if he had stab wounds he must've been in a fight or if he had an aching neck maybe someone sapped him.)

Milk walks slowly over to the replenishing bread and takes a roll if another has appeared. If not he simply tries the east door. Ready for an attack by the kobold and moving slowly and cautiously, he will try to enter the next room.
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2011-08-19 at 09:34 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking around the room, Tibbs sees nothing else lying on the floor or hanging on a wall. There is a mirror attached to one of the walls but that certainly isn't his. Checking under the bed also yields nothing for him. Tibbs figures that he was probably mistaken about having something else. But he still has no idea why he is here and he wants to find out.

As he approaches one of the doors, Tibbs checks himself in the mirror and this is when he notices for the first time that the clothes he is currently wearing are completely inappropriate for investigation! His attention turns back to the three outfits. He chooses the last outfit he checked out - the one that looks like it wasn't meant for exploration purposes - and changes into that one quickly. Realising that this outfit has a belt, he opens his backpack up again and starts attaching some of the smaller items to his belt, namely his pouch and the vials of liquid. He decides that his other two sets of clothes can stay where they are for now.

And so Tibbs takes a look at the doors around him. Unlike pretty much everything else in this room, the doors are definitely sized for human-size creatures. Nevertheless, Tibbs finds that he can reach the handle of one of them with ease. But before he opens the door, he hears something. It sounds like snoring. Suddenly, Tibbs becomes apprehensive and figures that he should listen carefully at each door to see if there's anyone on the other side. When he checks the other two doors, however, he hears nothing.

"Hmm, do I go through this door, the door opposite my bed or the door with the snoring sounds?" Tibbs mutters to himself as he tries to devise a strategy that will give him information about where he is and why he is here. His thoughts are mainly about the door where he heard the noise. On the one hand, that's a sure sign of life, which means a potential source of information. On the other hand, if said life is hostile, how well will Tibbs defend himself without any weapons?

He tries to recall which spells he had ready in case of trouble. He could transform himself in more ways than one and he had a couple of more offensive spells ready. It wasn't much, but Tibbs decides it was enough, and so he slowly but bravely opens the door where the snoring sound is coming from.
    Last edited by Objection; 2011-08-19 at 09:48 AM.
    Seriously. Every time someone posts a thread like this, the Giant kills a kitten. Please stop before he gets to Mr. Scruffy.
    Recent studies have suggested that reading daily mail reduces the sodium content in your blood. As such, many leading doctors suggest taking it with a grain of salt.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Liana sits up and looks around. Spiders. Spiders on the floor. What floor is this? It's not her floor. She hasn't seen it before. Things in the corner. Spiders on the floor.
    The spiders. Are they dangerous? How does she tell?
    Something is wrong.
    She looks for something heavy within arm's reach.

OOC: Where's my armor? Is it one of the outfits, on me, or somewhere else?
    Last edited by Elvenwonder; 2011-08-19 at 11:08 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Flumph

Shooter
    Spoiler
    Show

Hmm? I don my armor and pick up my potions and scrolls. I go South.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Linwe:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As I open the door, I’m confronted by a magnificent library. My eyes widen in awe, suddenly sure I’ve never been in a library this big before. I pad softly into the room, still alert, but taking in my surroundings.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently: (1d20+8)[10]
    Spot: (1d20+9)[29]
    Listen: (1d20+9)[29]
    Search (Anything): (1d20+9)[21]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Illych's mind is full of divine magic, but he hasn't really noticed that yet. It's like how you don't notice that your body is full of blood. You might notice if it were all drained away, but as long as your circulatory system is full, you don't. (For reference, Illych also hasn't noticed that his body is currently full of blood.) The magic will come if he needs it, and then it may occur to him to wonder how it got there, though from the sun rods and the tindertwigs and the golden holy symbol and the armor polished to a blazing sheen he has already concluded that he's a big fan of the sun god, or at least of the sun itself. Probably he's even a battle cleric, what with the armor and all.

Anyway, Illych first makes his way to the window that comprises the far wall and looks out (making a spot check if necessary: (1d20+3)[18]), trying to identify the orange creatures and read the inscription on the doors of the far building, or at least try to identify what language it's written in if it isn't the one language (Common) he knows. And try to glean any other details that might be relevant. He'll probably find himself outside eventually, after all. (At least, he finds that he hopes he will find himself outside eventually, and that he won't be trapped in this building forever. Interesting.)

But the exterior of the building is of less immediate relevance than his closer surroundings (as long as the orange creatures remain on the other side of the glass, at least), so he then turns to the rest of the room.

He goes to the book and cup on the table and examines them. Inspects the contents of the cup. Reads part of the open page, even, if it's in Common. Turns the book over and inspects the cover.

Then it occurs to him that leaving the common area not completely explored before beginning to examine details may have been foolish. What if there was something lurking around the corner? But no, if there's something lurking, he'll encounter it eventually either way, makes no difference. Methodical, that is apparently a word which describes Illych. Examine everything in the vicinity before moving on to the next vicinity.

So, having inspected the window and the book, Illych turns the corner to the right to examine the rest of the room.

15. - Top - End - #15

BardGuy

Milk

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: both of your loaves of bread do this, so I'm guessing you want the second one.

The kobold glares at you but doesn't move from where he sits, munching his bread. When you open the East door however, you notice that there is a hole in it, about kobold sized, and then peer into the next room. You see a man, laying down in bed, possibly awake. Oh, and 4 kobolds that knocked down a door on the other side of the room.

Elizar

Spoiler
    Show

As the kobolds fall into your room, you notice they are an odd, bright orange color, as opposed to the usual dark tones of their scales.

Through the door with the hole comes someone new, with a serious expression and long, blond hair.

Tibbs

Spoiler
    Show
    When you enter the room, you notice a man, sleeping (and snoring) in his bed. You can tell he is a gnome, with black wavy hair down to his neck. The snoring is much louder in here.

He has a mirror and bed, like you, a bag on the floor, and three sets of clothes on hooks.

He doesn't wake up as you walk into the room, but turns over in his bed.

There is a door to the North, the East, and the West (into your room).

Liana

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: your armor is by your items, on the floor. Not being worn. The spiders are larger than normal: they are monstrous.

As you look around you, you see that there is nothing next to you you could attack with, only your pillow, which is actually quite soft.

OOC again: since you really didn't do anything, and I should have given you this info, the spiders are still where they were last turn, coming at you. The pillow can do a tiny bit of nonlethal damage.

Shooter

Spoiler
    Show
    Confident that you know where to go, you head south, and find yourself in a hallway, the same white color as your room. There are multiple doors around:

|___z____|_________|__y____|

The small area near the bottom is a women's bathroom. The letters represent different doors you can enter.

Linwe

Spoiler
    Show
    No one is in the room, so you check out the books on the shelves. They are mostly encyclopedias, and scholarly works. Histories of the world. But as you go to the window, you look to the building only about 120 feet away.

The entire front wall of the building is made of glass, and there is a hole in the front that monstrous spiders are crawling into. A dozen orange kobolds claw at the base of the building, and you can assume more are inside, due to there being a small hole in the door.

In the library, there are 3 doors along the same wall. The middle one (in a sort of inlet, see below) is where you just came from. The other two doors say storage on them.

....|
    ...x|
    ....|
    ..................|
    .................x|
    ..................|
    ....|
    ...x|
    ....|

Illych

OOC: not much, gtg right now, will add more tonight

Spoiler
    Show

......................................|
    ....................................x|
    .............._______________|
    ..............|
    .............x|
    _________|

Last edited by smashbro; 2011-08-19 at 01:39 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I walk softly into the library, taking in the vast shelves filled with unknown tomes. I run my hand lightly along the spines, reading the titles as I go. I lift one down and blow the dust off the cover: Louis Quatorze's Anatomy Of The Clevis Pin. I roll my eyes and put the book back on the shelf, turning towards the glass window.

The sight of the monsters assaulting the building opposite immediately put me on my guard. In a swift motion I reach over my shoulder, only for my hand to close on air. Why did I do that? Weapons. The thought arises as though practiced. Why would I carry weapons? I look around, both for my missing weapons and for ways the creatures could get in to me. Two doors marked 'Storage' which I hadn't noticed when I first entered the Library present themselves.

I resolve to investigate them both immediately.

17. - Top - End - #17

Spoiler
    Show
    Milk

Milk calmly takes a bite of the loath of bread, closing the door behind him.Then slowly makes his way over to the man on the bed, eyeing the Kobolds the whole time. As he moves he can't help but wonder about his knowledge of the orientation of the last room. Either some magic has gifted him with such knowledge, or more likely, he's been here before. When he reaches the bed he looks down to see if the man is awake. If he is, Milk will say in common "who are you, I'm Milk"
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2011-08-19 at 10:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Tibbs successfully finds out what the source of the snoring is: a gnome in a room not unlike Tibbs' room, complete with three sets of clothes for its occupant. He realises that this gnome is in the same situation as he is, except probably blissfully unaware due to being asleep. A valuable source of information? Fat chance! Plus, while the gnome doesn't appear to be hostile right now, disturbing his peaceful (albeit noisy) slumber would surely change that. Even if the bag by the gnome's clothes contains some valuable items, Tibbs isn't comfortable with the idea of stealing from an innocent.

With all this in mind, he decides that it's not worth staying in this room. However, he does see more doors in the walls, increasing the number of potential areas he can explore. Immediately, Tibbs returns to his room, leaving the door open just in case the gnome wakes up on his own and wants a friend. In there, he reconsiders his plan. If he's going to get the most out of this place, he needs to explore efficiently, and to do that, he needs to keep a record of where he has and hasn't been. He decides to make a little map documenting his exploration.

He rummages through his backpack for the jar of ink and the pen he picked up earlier, but no sooner does he find them than he realises that he has no spare sheets of paper or parchment. Tibbs searches his backpack for something else to write on and eventually finds only one suitable candidate: his spellbook.

"This'll do," he says under his breath. His spellbook has about 60 blank pages in it and a single page isn't going to make much difference, or so Tibbs thinks. So he quickly draws a crude map of what he has seen so far in the very last page of his spellbook. One square to represent his own room, and then another square to the right of that one to represent the gnome's room. Now there is no way he can lose track of where he's been!

Feeling more prepared, Tibbs slowly opens the West door in his room - the one opposite the door to the gnome's room.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: All right, you're going to have to be somewhat patient with me, as this is my first combat. I'll do the best I can.
    IC:
    Spiders. Deal with the spiders. Liana scrambled for a solution. No weapon. Why would there be weapons? Something wrong. Her past was empty.
    Magic. Yes. She remembered magic, from before. She started to remember her spells.
    Her hand flew up to her neck. No holy symbol. She saw it. In the pile. Must get over there.
    She scrambled out of bed and raced to her things. She must get the holy symbol.
    OOC: I don't know how much of this I can do. If she has time, she wants to get her holy symbol and cast a spell.
    Initiative: (1d20)[14]-1
    Last edited by Elvenwonder; 2011-08-19 at 10:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

BardGuy

Illych

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: The map is above.

The orange creatures you see between the two buildings are kobolds, which is odd, given that you remember their scales to be a darker brown color. On the doors of the other building you read (in common):

:Acrasia:
    :::Ecru:::

However, the name isn't the only thing you notice about the other building. There is a hole in the door, about the size of a kobold, and many other kobolds around that area, scratching. There has to be at least a dozen out there. Also, Spiders. Not you small, household pests, but monstrous ones, climbing the wall into a hole a little over halfway up the building.

The side of the building that you see looks like it is made of glass, but you cannot see into the building.

The cup seems to contain a dark liquid, brown, and is nearly empty. There is a ring of brown about halfway up the cup, and less defined rings going down, until it reaches the liquid that remains.

The book is titled Nightfall with the caption "first book of the popular Nightfall series!" The book is open to somewhere in the middle of the story.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edwin worried about what would happen when his girlfriend came over for dinner tonight. Even though he had cut humanoids out of his diet, his parents were having halfings. He knew Belle wasn't crazy about the whole "being a vampire thing" but that was something she'd have to get used to. However, the bigger problem was his parents. They didn't approve of and of his alive girlfriends, and he didn't know what they would say when they found out she was a fey, of all creatures. But he loved her, so the dinner would have to happen sooner or later.

Along the side of the room, there are chairs and tables for people to sit at, though every table (small, large, medium) have spaces for 4 people to sit around them, no more, no less. The wooden doors at the end of the hallway are propped open, and you can see a large dining table through it.

Linwe

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: sorry I didn't add more in the last post, was in a rush.

Blue Moon, Mating Habits of the Common Dragon, Your Pet Unicorn, and You, History of Hirith, vol. 12, The Mage's Dictionary

You notice a few titles as you walk by, trying to take everything in.

When you look at the building again, you wonder how the kobolds could have ever scratched that hole in the marble door, even if there were a good number of them. And something else catches your eye. on the top of the door, there are two words.

:Acrasia:
    :::Ecru:::

Remembering your bow (or lack thereof) you turn toward the two storage rooms, and resolve to try them.

Milk

Spoiler
    Show
    As you walk toward the man, eating your bread. (it is the perfect temperature, just warm enough) the kobolds look ar you and start growling, and pawing at the ground. However, they do nothing and look at the man in bed, to see if he moves.

And you wait for your answer.

Tibbs

Spoiler
    Show

When you enter the new room, you see a nearly identical room. 3 sets of clothes. A mirror. A bag of items, though smaller than yours or the gnome's. There is a dwarf in this bed, not snoring as the gnome is. Also, the dwarf is sleeping with no covers, and you can see that he is muscular, especially his arms, whereas the gnome had been sleeping with the covers over him.

He doesn't wake up when you enter the room.

Elizar

Spoiler
    Show
    The man who just entered your room calmly takes a bite of the loaf of bread in his hand, closing the door behind him. Then slowly makes his way over to you, eyeing the Kobolds the whole time. When he reaches the bed he looks down to see if you are awake. "Who are you, I'm Milk"

Liana
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: don't sorry, first time i'm doing combat on here too.

Two of the spiders try to get you before you leave your bed, but you dodge them both, and make it to your items quickly. You're all set for action now.

OOC: still your turn, you have time for a standard action, so you can use a spell
    Last edited by smashbro; 2011-08-20 at 08:05 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show

Shooter looks inside the woman's bathroom, wondering what the hell this place is.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: Are there any doors in the dwarf's room other than the one I went through?)

Another room like this? Tibbs is beginning to think that he is either in some kind of inn or in some kind of prison. He returns to his room again and begins to panic. What if there is no way out of here? Then he realises how dumb that would be. Where there's a way in, there's a way out. So, he looks at the one door in his room that he didn't open, figuring that whatever is behind that door, it couldn't possibly be another room like the one he is in right now. He pulls himself together and slowly opens the North door in his room.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Acrasia ecru. Hm." He makes a mental note of this. And of the kobolds, who appear to have tamed giant spiders.

When Illych reads the book, he feels a sudden twisting, burning hate, like iron bands constricting his heart. Stepping backwards, he reflexively holds his golden holy symbol up between himself and the book.

(Approximately the right reaction to this book, I'd say. Except he was probably only reacting to the word 'vampire' and nothing more. But still.)

He does find his own reaction interesting. He can dimly recall what a vampire is, and obviously he hates them with some degree of intensity. Interesting. He files this datum away in his mind with the others.

After a moment, he recovers his composure, flips the book shut, and takes it with him, keeping an eye out for some metal garbage can or other receptacle he can use to burn the offending document in.

And then he advances to the other end of the hallway, to the dining room. Well, the room with the dining table. Anyway, he walks to the threshold of that room and looks around.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Liana holds her symbol, and feels her magic waiting. She smiles, and gestures. A sword appears, shimmering and transparent, hanging in the air a few feet away. At her command, it strikes at a spider.

OOC: I cast Spiritual Weapon, which I readied as a War Domain spell. It'll stay around for the next five rounds, doing 1d8+1.
    Attack roll: (1d20+3)[4]
    Damage (If I hit): (1d8+1)[4]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hello..." Edging back from the kobolds and onto the bed to try and get an advantage if they start anything. "Do you speak common?"

He'll try detecting evil on the kobolds too, and are they armed?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Elizar leaps out of bed, swift despite his groginess. He quickly dresses in his magician's clothes - plastic wand, top hat and suit - before gasping audibly.

He has no idea where he is. He takes a few moments to mull over the few memories he has, before realizing that he's not going to get anywhere by thinking. He searches the room for anything of importance.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to make my search check (1d20)[17]

OOC, for everyone

Spoiler
    Show
    Elizar will speak in Darkslateblue
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-08-21 at 09:22 AM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

28. - Top - End - #28

BardGuy

Illych

Spoiler
    Show
    In the dining room, you see a long table, with many chairs around it, and a smaller table with only 4 chairs around it. The chairs look like they came from multiple places, having only 2 or 3 chairs looking the same. Along the long table there are 32 chairs.

As you continue walking through the dining room, you see that it looks like a mirror image of the room you just left (the room is a sort of L shape). There is nothing else of interest in this room, with a couple windows looking out into the forest behind the building. As you turn right into the next area of the room (the small part of the L) you see an open door, leading into what looks like a kitchen.

Linwe
    Spoiler
    Show

You head toward the northern Storage room, and see that it is a long hallway, generally empty. However, along the sides you see various items, including:

A silvered Masterwork mace
    masterwork tower shield
    shortsword
    masterwork composite longbow
    40 arrows
    longsword
    small dagger
    A spiked gauntlet
    a bladed gauntlet
    a longbow
    10 knives
    A greataxe
    Ocr double ax
    greatsword
    spiked gauntlet
    greatbow
    (40 arrows)
    greatclub

From all of those, you recognize some as your own (masterwork composite longbow, 40 arrows, longsword, small dagger). Aside from that, you don't recognized the other weapons as your own, and there is a door at the other end of the hallway.

Milk and Elizar
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Ok, not sure I made it clear what happened. First, 3 kobold burst into your room Elizar, while you are still lying in bed. Then, Milk walks in through one of the doors, the one with the hole in it. I'll repost what Milk just did.

Milk calmly takes a bite of the loath of bread, closing the door behind him.Then slowly makes his way over to the man on the bed, eyeing the Kobolds the whole time. As he moves he can't help but wonder about his knowledge of the orientation of the last room. Either some magic has gifted him with such knowledge, or more likely, he's been here before. When he reaches the bed he looks down to see if the man is awake. If he is, Milk will say in common "who are you, I'm Milk"

The kobolds continue to eye you suspiciously.

Tibbs
    Spoiler
    Show
    You enter the next room and look for all of the signs.
    White walls? check.
    Bag of items? Check.
    doors? Check. This one has one on each wall, North South, East and West.
    person sleeping in bed? check.

The person in this room is a frail looking elven man, who has the covers pulled tightly around himself. He is an older man, with long white hair, but is balding in the front. And he doesn't wake up when you enter the room.

Liana
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the sword swings, you aim for the nearest spider... but miss.

The spiders turn back towards you and try to attack you, but only one hits you for 3 damage. As you feel it's teeth sink in, you can tell that it's poison is about to slowly enter your body...

But no! You shake it off before it has time to poison you. Your turn...

OOC: if you don't mind, I'll do rolls on another dice roller, not on this site, just cause it's easier. If you'd feel better about me rolling here, that's fine, just tell me. btw Accuracy was (23,10,11) and your Fort save was (21)

Shooter
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you enter what is labelled as woman's bathroom, you see stalls with bowls to sit on, just like you are used to. the button on the wall behind them that is a minor teleportation spell to the nearest waste facility. and there are places to wash your hands, and mirrors over them. The only door is the one you entered through, and there seems to be no one in here.

Elhorn
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you speak to them, they growl more, and one of them lunges at you. Unarmed, he tries to scratch at you with his claws, but you dodge him just in time. Obviously these guys aren't here to talk.

There is a faint presence of evil in the room, as you can tell by your spell.

Also, a man with short cropped black hair runs into your room, from the doorway that 3 of the kobolds just knocked down (West door). He is a half elf.

"What's going on here, where...?" The man trails off as he notices the other kobolds in your room. "I'm Macus. And we should probably get out of here."

OOC: Also, at the end of your next post, roll initiative, unless you decide to leave the room. You can still do an action before combat actually starts if you stay.
    OOC: I did the rolls on another site, he rolled 16 accuracy.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Illych takes note of these details. Okay, so the building isn't massively wide. It faces a similar building on one side and a forest on the other. Will the forest be a good destination to get away from the kobolds and spiders if it later becomes necessary? Probably not, but it's at least good to know it's there.

Oh, question: how far up am I? About how tall was the other building, which Illych is currently assuming (correctly or not) is very similar to this one?

Illych walks around the tables and chairs, cursorily examining each one. It's a chair melting pot! A potentially important datum, so he files it away. At this point, he can't really tell what's a potentially important datum and what's less potentially important, so he's just filing everything away, really.

Anyway, he continues on to explore the room that looks like a kitchen. Maybet there will be food! Food sounds good to him. Always good to eat after waking up.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Elizar glances at the kobolds fearfully, expecting them to attack. When they don't he responds to Milk's question. He leaps up and bows, grabbing his magician's outfit and throwing it on with a twirl of his wand.

"Greetings" enunciates the magician, pausing for dramatic effect. "I am known as Elizar.

He stops talking for a moment and looks around worriedly. He frowns, before speaking again. "Perchance, do you have any idea where in the blazes we are?"

Without waiting for an answer, he turns towards the kobolds. "I don't suppose you three speak Common?, queries the performer.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show