New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons & Danmaku (Touhou)

Acting on instinct, Without him realizing it Gon is already hiding behind some bushes.

"Aw goddamnit."
    He curses. He just can't fight the reflex from ten years of training, you know?

But Dragons.

He slowly scoots to show himself.

"Anybody home?"
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-01-27 at 05:38 PM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

The gate is red, and made of iron bars with extensive ornamentation. Knocking causes the bars to rattle loudly, but the gate does not open.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming."

On the other side of the gate, an imposing girl with long red hair and a green, traditional-looking outfit steps into view. When she sees the group, she yawns and straightens her cap.

"What are you doing here? The mistress isn't seeing random visitors right now."
    Patchouli Knowledge avatar courtesy of the skillful Prime32.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

"We're not random! We've come here from far away, fighting many terrible creatures on the way, just to see your mistress about very important matters! You should let us in right away!"
    Kaoru steps forward, putting her hands on her hips in a post that's both commanding and heroic, at least in her mind.
    "By the way, have you seen any dragons around?"

Youkai Lore: (1d20+8)[11]
    Most likely pointless attempt at Diplomacy: (1d20+7)[17]

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

"Heyhey!!!" Raitan does a flourish of a spin, and then bows to the gatekeeper."We were passing by and wondering if we could join you for SNACKS!!!!!!!!! Yummy.... scrumptious.... delicious... tasty........ mmmm... SNACKS!!!!!!" Raitans eyes gloss over, and a single trail of drool starts to drip from her face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff to get her to open the door. I don't have pockets for snacks!! Though I hope others do! I am hungry! (1d20+13)[18]
    Last edited by Poison_Fish; 2011-01-29 at 03:45 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Kana glanced around in confusion for a moment before agreeing somewhat hesitantly, "Yes. Snacks. We are here for snacks."

Anyone looking at her face would have thought that she just got new her favourite grandmother just passed away.

bluff - (1d20+6)[16] vs DC 13 for assist.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

Hong Meiling:
    Everyone except Raitan and Kaoru:
    Spoiler
    Show
    knows that this is Hong Meiling, the gatekeeper of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. She is a youkai of unknown type, although rumors that she is in some way linked with draconic powers circulate. In any case, she is known to be skilled in Chinese martial arts, but most people believe that mere physical prowess is of dubious usefulness in a world where fights are settled using the spellcard rules, so she's rarely taken seriously.

Additionally, Mukage, Gonza and Loren know:
    Spoiler
    Show
    that "most people" are wrong. The spellcard rules value beauty and grace, and Meiling's elegant style translates well into the system. She has surprising mobility in combat, and her moves flow into each other, allowing her to unleash mighty combination attacks; she uses her spellcards to augment this further, infusing her martial arts with qi magic.

Nobody made the (difficult) History check.

From Streetwise, Gonza, Raitan and Mukage notice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At first glance the gatekeeper's posture seems lazy and a bit sloppy, as if she had just woken up and was still getting her bearings. However, a careful eye notes that this is intentional, and she is actually limbered up and ready for a fight. You gain a +2 bonus to initiative.

Gonza's perception notes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    that just after Hong Meiling entered the party's field of vision, she made a subtle hand signal to someone out of sight. You are listening more carefully than the rest of the group, and throughout the conversation you hear small footsteps sneaking around on the top of the wall, and at one point the soft clink of a spear bumping against the ironwork.

Hong Meiling looks at Kaoru carefully. "I don't know you, or any of your companions, and I'm not about to let a bunch of strangers in here without at least knowing their business. What do you want with m'lady?"

After Raitan brings up the topic of snacks, the gatekeeper's expression softens a bit, and she looks slightly apologetic. "I don't have any snacks... at least, nothing that would be good for a little fairy to eat."
    Last edited by Rolaran; 2011-01-30 at 12:39 AM.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Raitan looks sad and down to the ground "ooooh..... does anyone else have snacks?" Raitan looks to her party members.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

"Snacks are just a secondary concern. The real reason we're here is the great crisis that has befallen all of Gensokyo! I'm sure you've noticed the red mist that appeared everywhere, have you not? It's a matter of great importance that, if unattented, will affect all residents, including your lady! But... I believe that there is something she can do here, and in a manner that will be of a great benefit to her! I'm sorry I can't talk in more specifics, but all this knowledge is very secret, and it's for your lady's ears only! Please, let us in!"
    Apparently Kaoru can sound serious when she wants to. Who knew. Even if she's bluffing through her ears.

(Should I roll anything here?)

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279

"Yes. In fact, we're willing to give you this creature as token of goodwill if you let us inside." Gonza raises the Yukkuri.

"Yuu? Yuu!!!" The Yukkureimu's eyes start to widen in panic.

Gon whispers to whoever near to him.

"Be careful, she's not alone!"
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-01-30 at 11:36 PM.
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Banned

"In short we are here to resolve the incident and we need to talk to your mistress to do so." The Russian crossed her arms in front of her as she looked at the Chinese youkai. "So can you at least go ask your mistress whether we can be let in to see her?"

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

The Chinese youkai likewise crosses her arms. "No need to. I have standing orders not to let suspicious people in, after all." She smiles. It's not a particularly friendly smile. "As for the red mist, the mistress has that perfectly under control, so if that's why you're here, I will definitely have to block you from interrupting her."

--C. S. Lewis

12. - Top - End - #282

"Ah, okay. Too bad. Mission failed I guess. Good bye then!" Gon waves his hands.

A second later as he turns back. "Alright people. Plan B then."

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh well. Plan B it is, then."
    Kaoru turns towards the guard, not happy that her bluff failed.
    "We really need to get in. Are you really, reeeeaaaallyyyy sure you won't let us through? I'm not keen on violence", she lied, "but if you leave us no other choice... Well, there's six of us and only one of you."

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284

Gon facefaults.

"Not THAT plan."

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Kana leaned in a little closer to Gon than was strictly comfortable, and whispered loudly, "So what is it then? If not we can always go to Plan A."
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2011-02-02 at 11:32 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

Hong Meiling seems to take the threat as a joke. "My, you're right. The six of you against me wouldn't be a fair fight at all. You should go find a few more people."

Meiling assumes a martial stance. "So you're not going to leave unless I knock some sense into you?"

--C. S. Lewis

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

Kana frowned and stared at Hong Meiling.

"That doesn't make sense. You are the one standing behind the gate, so we should be the ones knocking."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Raitan pauses pensively in a quick snap away from her food induced day dreams (Don't worry, it's only a few seconds) "Are... are you saying if we defeat you we can get ALL the snacks that lay beyond!!!!?" trickles of excited electricity arc off Raitan as her question is thrown out from the left field.

19. - Top - End - #289

"What I meant by plan B was to get away from here and try to find an opening to sneak inside!" Gon frantically explain to his comrades.

"We always beat up people. Isn't that plan A?"
    He whines. "Or... is that plan B and our plan A was actually always ignore everything? That would make sneaking around to be plan C... or is it plan D?"

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Banned

The martial stance of the gate guard apparently didn't give Elena the slightest cause for pause. "Seems like we will not find a peaceful solution to this incident." The Russian drew her sword and prepared to face the red-haired youkai. "Then we'll settle this quickly before the incident gets any worse."

21. - Top - End - #291

"You won't even at least take this yukkuri?" Gon tried for one last desperate attempt.

(1d20+8)[16]
    (and start at e-4 I think)

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Banned

"Bribing her won't work, Gon. We'll just have to beat her if we want to resolve this incident."

(1d20+2)[17]
    (Starting at C5)

23. - Top - End - #293

Gon silently mutters. "It's not actually a bribe..."

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

"If you think it's not a fair fight then you could always go easy on us. Just saying.", Kaoru remarks offhandedly. Her orb starts to spin around her.

Initiative: (1d20+7)[12]
    Starting at E4 E3.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2011-02-07 at 09:06 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Raitan shoots her finger towards the sky, pointing as if the area had suddenly become a disco. "YOU WILL GIVE US SNACKS!!". A an etched lightning beam bursts forth from her hand and arcs straight towards Meiling. "Whoops!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Lightning strike vs reflex (1d20+10)[17] damage (1d8+10)[11]. Also dropping storm protection to get +4 to all my defenses
    Last edited by Poison_Fish; 2011-02-11 at 04:10 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

Raitan's overexcited outburst hits the gate in front of Meiling's face, with no discernable effect on Meiling herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Meiling's actions:
    Move: Climb the gate (Athletics DC 10, Meiling rolls (1d20+12)[29])
    Move: Dragon's Leap - Meiling jumps to C6
    Minor: Flying Dragon Strike - As part of Dragon's Leap, Meiling attacks Elena ((1d20+14)[27] vs. AC, on hit Elena takes (1d8+5)[10] damage.)

In response, Meiling grabs hold of the gate with both arms. With one powerful motion, she launches herself onto the top of the gate.

"So! You won't leave, you intend to interfere with milady, and you're willing to attack those who stop you! What's more, you dare wield the magic of the Dragon Palace? I can't allow such impudent people to go any further."

She leaps from the top of the gate, performing a fluid front flip into the midst of the party. At the last possible second she extends an arm to perform a quick palm strike aimed at Elena.
    Last edited by Rolaran; 2011-02-11 at 08:38 PM.

--C. S. Lewis

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

Immediate Reaction
    Lance of Faith
    Attack - (1d20+11)[25] vs Ref
    Dmg - (1d8+7)[11]

28. - Top - End - #298
    Banned

That strike hurt. Far more than a mere hand had any right to, though of course, Lady Hijiri was pretty well known for hitting hard too so maybe she was just being prejudiced. No matter what it was a clear sign of the danger posed by the redhaired woman.

In a remarkably theatrical and tactically stupid move, the russalka raised her sword to point at the Chinese girl in front of her. "If you want to hurt my companions, you'll have to go through me first." Sweeping her sword out from the threatening posture, she quickly stepped backwards from the gate, letting the surge of water draw Meiling after her.

Spoiler
    Show
    I a minor action to use Aegis of Assault on Meiling, which shouldn't really surprise anyone. Then i use Luring Strike, shifting to D5 and sliding Meiling to E5 if i hit.

Attack vs. AC (1d20+12)[23]
    Damage (1d10)[1]

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Mukage and Elena hit, Meiling moves to C5, Elena moves to ???, 12 damage total.

As Meiling lands, Mukage fires a bright, piercing danmaku. The attack is a success, blasting and momentarily dazzling the gatekeeper.

As Elena steps back, her sword leaves danmaku afterimages that glide around Meiling, forcing her to follow. Meiling attempts to block, but despite her best efforts, the blades shove her into a new position, and leave a few nicks on her arms.
    Last edited by Rolaran; 2011-02-18 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Added Mukage's readied attack

--C. S. Lewis

30. - Top - End - #300

"Sigh. Alright. Let's do it then. Yukkuri! Battle mode!" Gon says as he throw the yukkuri forward.

"Yuu!" (Yukkuri moves as far as it could toward Meiling)

Gon then takes aim with his new toy. "Thank the crazy ice fairy. I won't be comfortable aiming a real arrow to a perfectly ordinary human girl. Launch, magic arrow!"

A musical twing twangs as Gon twings his new twanging bowstring.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action: Move Yukkuri
    Minor action: Hunter's Quarry
    Action Action:

(1d20+9)[16] attack Splintering shot for (3d10+5)[24] damage and (1d8)[5] hunter's quarry

As a huge twirling magical arrow streaks, Gon blinks his eyes. "I totally wasn't expecting that."
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-02-21 at 08:43 AM.

Spoiler
    Show