New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons & Danmaku (Touhou)

Spoiler
    Show
    Hits: Aisling (opportunity and regular attack), Kana's consecration, Elena (opportunity and regular attack), Kaoru. Damage this round: 67 points. Total damage so far: 309 points. Cirno is bloodied.

It was definitely unwise for Cirno to try and run around the battlefield without paying attention to her adversaries: Elena and Aisling swing in near-perfect unison, catching Cirno in a painful-looking two-bladed pincer attack. Cirno does manage to jab Kana with the icy knife, and dodges when Elena's protective magic summons her to Kana's defense.

However, Aisling leaps into the fray in a state of fury, hammering Cirno with a heavy blast of danmaku from her sword. Raitan's lightning danmaku explodes around the cluster of combatants, but doesn't seem to actually hit anyone. Neither does Gonza's arrow- it seems as if the humidity of the misty lake may have damaged his bowstring, nothing is flying straight.

Although Cirno dodged Elena's protective strike, she is not so lucky when a blast of water bursts through the ice following the arc of Elena's sword. The water sweeps Cirno away from Kana, and Elena quickly interposes herself between the two of them. Aisling and Elena loom over the tiny fairy, who can barely even see Kana behind them, let alone attack. However, Kana's prayers can still be heard, and the light erupting from the ground continues to sear at Cirno.

Cirno takes a step back, clears her throat, and begins to taunt, "Hiding behind the big ones won't save you. I'm still the stro..." THWACK! Cirno is clobbered by the illusory hammer. She holds her head, weaving slightly on the ice. "Oww! What was I saying again? As I was saying, I was... saying... that... I'm the strongest! Still! And I'll prove it! With... this thing!" She weakly holds up a spellcard, which flares to life vigorously despite her current condition.

SPELLCARD: Chain Reaction "Ice-Nine"!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This card is a new one Cirno's been working on that first saw action during the Great Fairy Wars. Rumors have spread quickly, and there's been reports that she even managed to take down Marisa with this one.

It creates a field of extreme cold around Cirno. Danmaku and other projectiles traveling through the field may be frozen solid, becoming "stuck" in midair. After a moment, these become so cold that they in turn freeze other projectiles that touch them. The result is that every time an attack doesn't connect with Cirno, she enjoys some temporary shielding from subsequent attacks.

Fortunately, there are weaknesses to it. Any form of fire will melt through the shield. Even if there isn't a source of fire handy, the frozen projectiles are fragile enough that they shatter naturally every few seconds, so Cirno can't build up more than a few attacks worth of protection.

A cloud of mist, so transparent as to be almost invisible, swirls into existence around Cirno. A leaf, blown across the lake, catches the edge of it- and instantly freezes solid, a thick layer of white frost engulfing it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cirno's turn: Move action to shift back, then another move to approach the ranged attackers, giving Elena and Aisling a wide berth.

Cirno, however, doesn't immediately attack. Instead, she skates toward the people who have been firing on her from the back.

"What, you thought I'd forgotten you? Well, maybe I kinda did! But now I'm gonna come fight you, and I'm gonna make up for lost time too! Which of you should I beat up first? Eenie, meenie, minie, moe... that guy!"

The fickle finger of fate has selected Gonza.
    Last edited by Rolaran; 2010-10-05 at 11:28 PM.
    Patchouli Knowledge avatar courtesy of the skillful Prime32.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ha! I see how it is!" Raitan flutters her lightning wings but remains where she is. Electrical energy spikes out of her and runs along her entire body.

"Thunder Sign: Crack of Dawn, Time to Rise!" Raitan forms a set of electrical hands again, but this time, one of them just slams down on the ice in front of Cirno and sends a Danmaku shockwave reverberating through the ice towards Cirno.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dropping my resist 5 lightning and thunder to gain +4 to all defenses. Using my encounter power; Thunder Slam vs fort. (1d20+8)[16] damage (2d10+10)[25] also, if it hits (not likely) it'll knock her back 3 squares.
    Last edited by Poison_Fish; 2010-10-06 at 01:54 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Banned

"Hey, come back here! We're fighting? How can i perform a proper extermination when you run away all the time!" Rushing after the fairy, Elena swung her sword out in a wild blow trying to knock the tiny creature aside with the watery danmaku that followed.

Spoiler
    Show
    I move up next to Cirno and then use Luring Strike. Quite frustrating to fight someone like this when you realize that half your encounter and daily powers rely on cold damage.

Attack vs. AC: (1d20+11)[19]
    Damage: (1d0)[1]

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

"No! Oh cruel fate, why do you hate me so!" Gonza braces himself from the inevitable attack from the strongest being in gensokyo.

Then he realizes that he can actually run from her. Or, as his father used to say. To "skirmish." Or in some circle, he suppose they'd call it 'kiting.' So he does.

Spoiler
    Show
    As usual, move action to move as far away as possible from cirno, then use uh, fading strike to move 2 square even further.

(1d20+9)[22] attack + 1 running attack bonus (1d10+5)[15]damage (1d8)[3]hunter's quarry (1d8)[3]bonus from skirmishing stance.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey, stay away!" Kaoru pushes Cirno back with a gust of telekinetic force.
    "This spellcard looks really strong... Let's make sure you get no opportunities to use it, shall we?" Kaoru fires an array of Danmaku that start to circle around Cirno and constantly yell "Baka! Baka!". And, to add injury to insult (instead of the other way around), a few of them change their trajectory to hit her from time to time. The Tengu doesn't wait to see for the result though, and moves as far away as she can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor action: Froceful Push, pushing Cirno away 1 square.
    Standard Action: Dishearten, powered by Orb of Life Conversion (costs me 1 healing surge).
    Move action: Get as far away as possible!

Attack: (1d20+10)[21]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[14] and -4 to Cirno's attack rolls if it hits

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Kana just watched the scene with mild amusement, and adjusted accordingly. Moving the origin her spell to directly beneath Cirno once more, she managed to find the time to squeeze off one more danmaku attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Move Conserated Ground
    Consecration Dmg: (1d6+7)[13]
    Standard Action: Sacred Flame
    Attack: (1d20+9)[28]
    Dmg: (1d8+7)[10]
    5 temp HP to Elena if Hit.
    Minor Action: Sustain Daily

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hits: Aisling, Kana, Gonza, Elena and Kaoru. Total damage: 60 points. Damage so far: 369 points.

Aisling, noticing the shield, raises her sword, still aflame, and grins wickedly. She seems to be biding her time for now.

Raitan's danmaku shockwave hits the shield, but it distorts and slows to a halt, forming a band of ice around Cirno. A moment later Aisling leaps into action, battering Cirno with her sword and destroying the momentary protection offered by the shield.

Kana's consecration continues to wear away at Cirno, and her danmaku gives Cirno a double dose of intense radiance. Momentarily dazzled, Cirno doesn't even have a chance to dodge Gonza's arrow, which strikes with a satisfying "thunk".

Elena's attack barely makes it through Cirno's shield, but it does make it. It doesn't hurt her much, but the momentary confusion enables Elena to move into position, and once again, Cirno has two hulking youkai between her and her target.

And then the singing danmaku begins. Cirno is too irritated to pay attention to dodging, and the danmaku swoop around her head like angry bees. But when she realizes what they are saying, a vein twitches ominously.

"What? I am not an idiot! Stop saying idiot! The idiot is the one who keeps saying idiot!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cirno's attack vs. Aisling: (1d20+4)[6] vs. AC, on hit deals (1d6+8)[11] cold damage.

Cirno takes a swing in Aisling's general direction, but it's impossible to tell whether she's actually targeting Aisling, trying to swat the danmaku out of the air, or just swinging her fists in a tantrum of frustration. Either way, it's a complete whiff.
    Last edited by Rolaran; 2010-10-21 at 01:54 PM.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Banned

Elena seemingly gave up on trying to talk to Cirno and instead just focused on beating the little fairy so they could get on. Dissolving into water, she flowed along the ice to reform behind the ⑨. Pulling out another of her beautifully painted, lacquered cards she raised her sword for another attack. "Tundra Sign: Enervating Slash!" Pitch black danmaku began gathering around Elena's sword as she spoke, a single quick slash sent them flying towards Cirno.

Spoiler
    Show
    I use my Swiftcurrent power to shift behind Cirno so i flank her with Aisling. Then i break out a daily in the form of Enervating Strike, causing her to deal half damage (save ends) to everyone else.

Attack vs. Fortitude: (1d20+11)[18]
    Damage: [roll]2d10+5

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

Confusion is good. Cirno could use more of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Sustain Minor
    Dmg: (1d6+7)[10]
    Standard action: Astral Seal
    Attack: vs Ref - (1d20+11)[20]

If the Attack hits, Cirno takes a -2 to all defences for 1 turn. Also, the first person to hit Cirno gains 5 HP.
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2010-10-26 at 02:58 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

"CIRNO!!! Stop moving so much!!! You keep not being hit!!" Raitan shouts as a lightning blast flies forth from her fingers, hoping to actually catch her this time.

Spoiler
    Show
    lightning strike vs reflex (1d20+8)[9] damage (1d8+10)[15]

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

"Bleh, out of juice, gotta use the generic stuff. Well, generic is still good enough to handle an idiot, ain't it?" Kaoru shoots some annoying, but otherwise non-descript Danmaku at Cirno.

Dishearten: (1d20+10)[24] vs Will
    Damage: (1d6+8)[10]
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2010-10-28 at 06:50 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192

"We have the advantage! now let's push it!"
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+10)[23] for fading strike for (1d10+5)[13] + (1d8)[6] quarry + (1d8)[4] skirmish stance
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hits: Aisling, Gonza, Kana, Elena (Elena heals 5 points) and Kaoru. Total damage: 70 points. Total damage so far: 439 points.

Raitan's danmaku fractures in midair, becoming a forked entanglement of lightning. It looks pretty, but none of it comes anywhere near Cirno. Some of it does catch the edge of her freezing field though, creating a protective bubble of interestingly shaped icicles. Aisling quickly burns the worst of it away.

Gonza's arrow strike flies through the shield and hits Cirno in one of her wings. A hairline fracture appears in the ice of the wing, and the field of Cirno's spellcard wavers slightly. Gonza repositions himself as part of the attack, and nearly steps on the yukkuri, which has just caught up with him and is carrying a piece of string in its mouth. "Gon-chan! Treasure!"

The shining light of Kana's attack continues, and momentarily focuses into a holy sign. A gridlike pattern of danmaku dances across Cirno, but instead of dealing damage it highlights weak points in her defenses (one spark flits around her head, apparently trying to find the most vulnerable part of her brain before giving up and illuminating her entire cranium as one big weak point).

Guided by the pattern, Elena's dark danmaku slip past what is left of the shield and strike home. Several of the danmaku then appear to return to Elena, now shining brilliantly, and knit her wounds. But most of the danmaku stays behind, and Cirno is now covered in unpleasant-looking black marks.

Finally, Kaoru's danmaku, a small set of irritatingly curvy lasers, completes the pummeling. The field vanishes with a slight hiss.

Chain Reaction "Ice-Nine" captured!

Cirno's actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shift to escape the flank, still adjacent to Elena
    Attack roll:(1d20+12)[17], on hit (2d6+5)[15] cold damage.

Cirno slips to the side of Elena, and swings her hand up in a pretty respectable attempt at a raking slash, with icicles growing from her outstretched fingers like talons. However, Elena sidesteps instinctively, and Cirno misses completely.
    Last edited by Rolaran; 2010-11-03 at 07:12 PM.

--C. S. Lewis

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

That seemed to have worked well enough. Rinse and Repeat!

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Action: Sustain
    Dmg:(1d6+7)[11]
    Move Action: Move Origin Square of Consecration to Cirno
    Standard Action: Astral seal
    Attack: vs ref - (1d20+11)[14]

If the Attack hits, Cirno takes a -2 to all defences for 1 turn. Also, the first person to hit Cirno gains 5 HP.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Banned

"Why do you keep this up? You're danmaku have barely even hurt us, just let us get this extermination over with so we can continue!" The fairy's pointless persistence was starting to get to Elena. Weren't they supposed to be heroes who protected Gensokyo? So why was beating up a single fairy so hard? Lashing out in annoyance, the watery danmaku twirling around her sword caught Cirno and swept her back between the rusalka and the redcap.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quite simple, i just use Luring Strike to move Cirno back between Elena and Aisling. Not gonna let her take any advantage of mobility, even if it is my weakest attack in terms of damage.

Attack: (1d20+11)[15]
    Damage: (1d10)[9]

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Raitan sheds tears at being so useless this time around. "Fine...." she sniffles "I'll just keep throwing, maybe one day the light from me will reach you". she looks away and shoots another lightning danmaku blast in Cirno's general direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lightning strike (1d20+8)[20] damage (1d8+10)[16]

17. - Top - End - #197

Gon tripped over Yukkuri. "Gah, yukkuri, I told you to not bother me when I'm fighting! I'll look over your treasure later, you stupid bun. Go catch a ball or something."

He then continue his attack. "Come on, don't you think this had gone long enough?"
    (similar attack as before)
    (1d20+9)[29] attack (1d10+5)[13]damage (1d8)[7]quarry (1d8)[6] stance

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198

Critical! Gon's annoyance toward the yukkuri transfered well into his attack... or something.

(do I have to roll a critical assurance or what do you call it? (1d20+9)[24]
    extra damage (1d6)[5])

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey, why not listen to the rest and give up? We'll be taking the spellcards we already captured, of course, but since you failed to beat us with them they're not that good anyway, right?" Kaoru punctuates this conversation with shooting more annoying Danmaku.

Dishearten: (1d20+10)[30]
    Damage: (1d6+8)[14]

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Extra necrotic damage on a crit: (1d8)[6]

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hits: Raitan, Gonza (crit), Kana's radiance (main attack missed), and Kaoru (crit). Total damage inflicted: 83 (!) points. Total damage so far: 522 points.

Raitan's attack hits, throwing off a shower of sparks. Cirno reels, slightly stunned. Kana's illumination continues, but this time, Cirno notices it preparing to seal her, and hops out of the danmaku pattern as it forms. However, the wind catches her, and holds her aloft for a few seconds longer than she intended. She's a sitting duck for both a well-placed arrow from Gonza, and a perfectly timed burst of danmaku from Kaoru. However, she does avoid Elena's blade, and manages to land on her feet despite having soaked up a lot of danmaku. What's worse, she's now... smirking.

"This is it! The last spellcard! With this, I'll beat you for sure! There's nowhere to run now..."

SPELLCARD: Cold Sign "Perfect Freeze"!
    Spoiler
    Show
    With this spellcard, Cirno desperately sacrifices survivability for pure power. The attack has two stages. First, a spray of danmaku flung in all directions, without pattern or aiming- the unpredictability of the attack makes it impossible to plan against, you just have to be quick-witted and/or lucky. Second, a shockwave of cold energy that, while lacking in raw power, causes the first wave of danmaku to freeze solid and scatter unpredictably. If you are unfortunate enough to be hit by both parts, the frozen danmaku will interfere with your movements considerably.

Cirno raises her arms above her head. From seemingly out of nowhere a fountain of multicolored danmaku pelts across the entire battlefield...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Versus Reflex, Gonza and Rai-Tan are hit for 5 damage each...

...until Cirno lowers her arms, and a blast of frozen energy follows the danmaku, freezing it solid and knocking it in all directions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Versus Fortitude, Gonza, Kana and Rai-Tan are hit for 1 point, 3 points, and 3 points of cold damage, respectively. Anyone hit by both attacks (Gonza and Rai-Tan) is dazed until the end of their next turn.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Rolaran; 2010-11-09 at 03:19 PM.

--C. S. Lewis

22. - Top - End - #202

"Blahrgle!"

Gon was going to say something, but he caught a faceful of freezing danmaku with his face.

"Blurp! Warble!"

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

(Actually, dazed is the one where you still get one action. So you can take a standard action to attack, but you can't also move.)

--C. S. Lewis

24. - Top - End - #204

Somehow in between swimming through a wave of freezing danmaku Gon manages to stumble a shot toward Cirno.

((1d20+9)[25] attack [roll]1d10+5[/damage] and (1d8)[1] quarry if he can take a minor action. no skirmish bonus this time since Gon is swimming through a tidal wave of danmaku

edit:
    1d10+5=12 damage)
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-11-10 at 04:37 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

Kana frowned and shook her head. That didn't seem to have worked too well. Back to the straightforward danmaku attacks then.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Action: Sustain
    Dmg: (1d6+7)[13]
    Move Action: Move Origin Square of Consecration to Cirno
    Standard Action: Astral Fire
    Attack vs Ref: (1d20+9)[29]
    Dmg: (1d6+7)[9]

5 temp HP to Elena if hit.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oww, oww, oww" Raitan brushes off some of the bits of ice on her and flicks a thunder ball at Cirno.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thunder orb vs reflex attack (1d20+9)[15] damage (1d10+10)[12]

27. - Top - End - #207
    Banned

Elena seems to be surprisingly agile for her size. At least she manages to duck and weave through the uncontrolled barrage of unpredictable danmaku to reach the fairy at the center. "Getting desperate? Just give up already, you aren't fooling anybody about your strength." Once by the side of Cirno she swept her sword to the side again, triggering a powerful geyser of water punching through the ice at the strongest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack vs. Reflex (1d20+7)[25]
    Force Damage (1d6+5)[6]

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quick-witted and lucky? That describes Kaoru, alright!
    "Whoo!" She slides between projectiles flying at her, dodging them with ease. "This is not much of a final spellcard, don't you think?" And she fires some of her own danmaku in response.

Dishearten: (1d20+10)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+8)[13]

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hits: Gonza, Kana (critical), Elena (Elena also receives 5 points of healing from Kana). Total damage: 44 points. Damage inflicted so far: 566 points.

Raitan's aim is thrown off by Cirno's danmaku, and her attack flies off to the side and hits the unfrozen water of the lake, vanishing with a snapping sound. Gonza, however, manages to keep his shot steady despite being unable to successfully strafe through the danmaku, and his arrows flies through the danmaku to strike its mark. Kana manages to dodge the danmaku, and Cirno's blast only stings a little- her astral fire flares brightly around Cirno, eliciting a startled yelp. Elena dodges the entire attack, and slams the ice hard enough to make cracks appear several feet away; a moment later, a geyser strikes Cirno. Kaoru has also managed to evade everything, in a dramatic and show-offy manner; however, the thick danmaku obscures her counterattack, which whistles harmessly through the air.

"You haven't beaten me yet! When I've won, you'll all have to admit who's the strongest around! And you'll have to do what I want! That's the rule!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cirno's attack: Danmaku
    Vs. Raitan: (1d20+9)[15] vs. Reflex, on hit (2d4)[2] points of damage,
    Vs. Gonza: (1d20+9)[26] vs. Reflex, on hit (2d4)[7] points of damage,
    Vs. Kana: (1d20+9)[20] vs. Reflex, on hit (2d4)[4] points of damage,
    Vs. Elena: (1d20+9)[21] vs. Reflex, on hit (2d4)[5] points of damage,
    Vs. Kaoru: (1d20+9)[25] vs. Reflex, on hit (2d4)[5] points of damage.

Cirno's Cryo-freeze:
    Vs. Raitan: (1d20+9)[17] vs. Fortitude, on hit (1d6)[5] points of cold damage,
    Vs. Gonza: (1d20+9)[11] vs. Fortitude, on hit (1d6)[6] points of cold damage,
    Vs. Kana: (1d20+9)[26] vs. Fortitude, on hit (1d6)[6] points of cold damage,
    Vs. Elena: (1d20+9)[26] vs. Fortitude, on hit (1d6)[1] points of cold damage,
    Vs. Kaoru: (1d20+9)[11] vs. Fortitude, on hit (1d6)[3] points of cold damage.

--C. S. Lewis

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

Cirno's Danmaku struck solidly against Kana, and for a moment, making her lose her balance. Flailing her arms wildly through the air, it was the best she could do to keep her light going.

Sustain Minor
    Dmg(1d6+7)[10]