New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Banned

Default Re: Adventures in Hallohon

Silverking: I said earlier in the thread it was sitting on a large pile of treasure and gold. The guards say "A horde? You think there might be more? Come. We should go to the town guard for reinforcements!"

You can respond to the guard but I'm fast forwarding to the town guard so you guys can get paid and I can reveal a possible new quest:

You all head to the guard headquarters. There, you are all interviewed for around 30 minutes. Finally, the guards gather enough information to see it was the orc that was responsible and you are all cleared. Your weapons are returned an you are given 347 gold and 5 silver each. The captain of the guard then approaches you all. "Greetings. That was some fine work you did catching that kidnapper and I also heard you slayed a giant spider. Very impressive. I was curious if by any chance you'd like to partake a personal quest of mine. I can promise it will pay better than the bounty on the kidnapper."

Also, you gain 337.5 xp for killing the spider.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

He glanced at his team before turning to the captain. "I think we are interested, but we aren't ready to accept until we figure out the details. What does this quest entail, and what are the rewards?"

And yay.
    Rule number 18. When surrendering, I am to hand the weapon over HILT first.

Characters

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alex is disappointed that the orc tailor was jailed; Deep down he still believes he was fundamentally innocent, and that he had been magically forced to commit the murders. Despite this, he also feels some small sense of accomplishment for helping to kill the creature responsible. He remains silent, letting Jace run things with the captain, wondering with silent dread:

How had the creature come to be in the orc's basement?
    Lawful Good does not equal Lawful Nice

4. - Top - End - #244
    Banned

The captain of the guard says to Jace "I require a rare flower that tells stand up comedy located on one of the mountains to the north. With such a rare specimen, I am confident I could successful propose to a woman I desire. I will pay you 500 gold each. Interested?"

Quote Originally Posted by halfdragon62 View Post
    Alex is disappointed that the orc tailor was jailed; Deep down he still believes he was fundamentally innocent, and that he had been magically forced to commit the murders. Despite this, he also feels some small sense of accomplishment for helping to kill the creature responsible.
    You can say you made an argument during you time with the guard saying you thought the orc, while the kidnapper, was being forced to do something against his will for a reduced sentence.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Jace grinned, it sounded easy enough. "Its a deal!" He told the man, shaking his hand. "But I hope you understand that we want to wait until tomorrow to start the search. Killing giant spiders is tiring work for beginner adventurers, you know." With that, he turned towards the door, expecting his team to follow in suit.

Characters

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

"I should hope that joke-telling flowers would be rare specimens," Gemma remarks drily. "Can you imagine the racket a whole field full of them would make? Still, I'll take talking flowers over talking spiders any day. I'm in!"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Banned

The guard captain exclaims "Wonderful! Oh, and here..." He turns around and gives you a solid gold vase with beautiful engravings and small shovel. "The flower is to be put into this vase. If the vase is somehow destroyed or lost the difference will be deducted from your reward. It's perfectly fine for me if you want to wait until tomorrow, but once you do get the plant and return to town, I do expect you to see me right away. I'd like to propose as soon as possible. And as for it's rarity, the plant isn't found in too many place. In fact, the closest place you're be able to find one with in at least 200 miles is on that mountain."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    You can say you made an argument during you time with the guard saying you thought the orc, while the kidnapper, was being forced to do something against his will for a reduced sentence.
    ooc: Fine with that. All right, so how much does this gold vase weigh? who's willing to carry it?

"Sounds to me like we will need the services of a ranger, or at least someone who knows the area."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Banned

The vase weighs 6 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by halfdragon62 View Post
    "Sounds to me like we will need the services of a ranger, or at least someone who knows the area."
    I could create a thread in the recruitment section. WilliamWolf hasn't posted in a while if you guys think we should replace him.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

ooc: I wasn't necessarily suggesting we replace wolf, just that we find an NPC who can give guidelines about the rare flower (in return for gold, of course). However, it has been a while since wolf posted, should we all take a vote perhaps?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

ooc: try messaging him.

Characters

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Ignorant to the group's preparations, Jace headed to the tailor's shop to check out the spider's horde.

Characters

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

Right, I sent williamwolf a PM several days ago and he hasn't replied. Personally, I think we should put it to a vote whether we try to recruit someone else to fill in or whether we continue waiting, or continue the game as we are.

I vote that we find a replacement.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The DM hasn't seemed to have been on in a while, either. I say we have the dm or one of us control williamwolf until a replacement is found.

Characters

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

I'm fine with either a replacement or just continuing as we are, whichever is more likely to get the game moving again.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Seriously. This game is so slow I can actually have a life while playing it. I even got a girlfriend!

What if we got that Lv 5 archon fighter who asked to join when we first made the thread?
    Last edited by Silverking; 2010-09-04 at 12:23 PM.

Characters