New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Banned

Default Re: Adventures in Hallohon

Three doors: The one you came in through, the one leading downstairs and a door frame with no door that leads up stairs.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

(I edited my post)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Silverking View Post
    Jace walks to the edge of the stairs and attempts to examine it for traps.

(Now, how do I do that?)
    Well, there aren't any so no need. Also, can't only rogues search for traps?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

"Korf, you might want to check that for poison."
    "It doffen tafe li poifun," Korf says, eating handfuls of candy with the wrappers still on. He swallows loudly and then remembers stomachaches come with candy, moving to the door people were searching.

((Anyone can search for traps, but only people with trapfinding (like rogues) can find traps with a search DC higher than 20. Of course, there are exceptions.))
    You can just call me William or Wolf, that's how I roll.

Any damage my avatar may cause is not my fault. Please blame the excellent Mr. Saturn.

Many apologies for being absent for so long. My computer has been under the weather. But I am back now.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

(Huh, I could have sworn I was the rogue.)

6. - Top - End - #66
    Banned

WilliamWolf: taste fine

Silverking: right, forgot, sorry, anyway, there are no traps

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

(can I still roll? I've never actually rolled for anything.)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Banned

(can I still roll? I've never actually rolled for anything.)
    Has anyone else done so one this thread? I'll allow it but the results are going to be "You find nothing," just so we can speed up game play.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

(see, the thing is, I don't really don't know how...)

Jace shrugs, and starts to walk down the stairs. On second thought... "Hey Korf, there's more candy at the bottom of these stairs!" Jace called to him, smirking.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Banned

(see, the thing is, I don't really don't know how...)

This is how you use the Forum Dice Roller.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

That too, but I don't know the formula.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alex, personally disappointed at how little information has been dug up, follows the group into the store, convincing himself that dealing with the tailor will help him feel that he has been of some help to the community. He rubs his temples as Korf and Jace rummage through the store. He turns to Gemma.

"I second you're notion, ma'am. Though i must admit i'm not particularly sympathetic to con men, even if they do target fools. So, let's see what we can do here..."

he enters the store after his companions, instinctively probing the area with 'detect evil'.
    Lawful Good does not equal Lawful Nice

13. - Top - End - #73
    Banned

Halfdragon: You scan the room for evil. At first you don't detect anything but after a few moments you can make out some aura coming from downstairs.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

i motion to my companions for silence, and point towards the stairs while mouthing the words 'down there'.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Banned

(you guys are going to go downstairs right so we can move along to the good stuff?)

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Gemma nods and moves to join Alexander, situating herself safely behind him and limbering her fingers and mind in preparation for any spellcasting she might soon be called upon to perform.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alex eases his broadsword loose of its scabbard, ready to fully unsheathe the weapon at a moment's notice. he inches toward the door leading downstairs, listening intently to any noise, and continuing to scan for evil. He silently motions for Korf to join him

18. - Top - End - #78
    Banned

You move downstairs. An unpleasant spell emerges from down there. You reach the bottom and see a horrific sight. Scattered across the room are body part and blood. Not a spot in the room is left untouched by carnage. In the center of the room is an orc holding a severed arm. He doesn't have an evil aura but you do detect one from somewhere. The orc grins at you and asks "Are you here to see the spider?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alex, gagging at the sight, takes an involuntary step back before he manages to summon his conviction. he slides his shield from his back, his right hand now grasping the hilt of his broadsword, ready to draw. he addresses the orc, checking his disgust and righteous fury with the clear logic that he needs information before taking action:

"We have come here investigating rumors that you have been falsely claimed to be selling invisible garments to those with enough gold" Alex briefly glances around the blood drenched room, gulping down his bile. "But it would appear that you have committed a far more serious crime..."Alex waits, calmly meeting the orc's gaze with a look of determination. When the orc does not answer. Alex unsheathes his sword, pointing the tip at the orc's chest.

"EXPLAIN YOURSELF!"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Banned

"The spider told me to do it. Do you want to meet 'em?" he says with a child-like stupidity.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

Korf puts a hand up to his mouth to block a hoarse whisper that carries back to the rogue.
    "This not candy, Jace. This bad."
    Korf had seen battle before, but this was just horrific. He didn't remember spiders being overly intent on killing people, either, just building pretty webs that tasted bad.
    "We don't want to meet spiders if they don't want to meet us," he says a little shakily, taking out his greataxe, since Alex had his sword out. Sweat started to form on his brow as he began to become honestly frightened. "Did spiders really tell you?"
    You can just call me William or Wolf, that's how I roll.

Any damage my avatar may cause is not my fault. Please blame the excellent Mr. Saturn.

Many apologies for being absent for so long. My computer has been under the weather. But I am back now.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Banned

"Spider told me to kill people. I don't understand why at first so I asked spider. Spider say 'Just do it 'cause it evil and mean.' So I go out and violently kill people. I still don't understand why spider told me to kill people yet. Do you know why?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

The point of Alex's sword lowers a fraction of an inch. he turns slightly, whilst still keeping his eyes on the orc, and whispers to his companions:

"Don't attack yet. I think this fellow may very well be a victim... We must find out"

he turns back to the orc, and asks the following questions:

"When did the spider start talking to you?"
    "Have you seen the spider? what does he/she look like?"
    "Has the spider asked you to do anything else?"
    "How many people have you killed for the spider?"
    "Do you want to keep serving the spider?"
    "Is the spider here now?"

Also, Alex listens keenly to the orc's answers, trying to sort if anything he says or has said is a lie
    Sense motive:
    (1d20+6)[15]

24. - Top - End - #84
    Banned

"The spider started talking to me about a month ago. One day I saw this hole in my basement - it's behind that pile of corpses - and I heard a voice from down there. I went in and saw a big spider. It was really big. I started talking to the spider and the spider told me to kill little children because it was evil. At first I didn't understand why, but the spider just told me to do it and it would make sense later. So I went out and started kidnapping children and killing them hear in the most painful way imaginable. The spider could hear the screams and was given pleasure by that. The spider should be down in its hole if you want to met them."

He appears to be telling the truth.
    Last edited by Dr.Epic; 2010-07-23 at 02:48 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

"...Sir, listen to me, listen to what i have to ask, and think on it very carefully before you answer. The spider ordered you to kidnap and kill these children, yes? The spider wanted to see death caused by your hand...But is that what you wanted? Is that you want your legacy to be? You are a tailor, sir, and surely there must be some redeeming factor for you to have been accepted into this community. I must ask you; Did you kill those children simply because the spider ordered you to do so? or because you WANTED to carry out the spider's orders?"

Alex finishes his say, hoping that his words shall unveil some humanity in the tailor, or at the very least give him enough pause to give Alex and his companions time to overpower him.

Diplomacy: (1d20+7)[18]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Gemma reflects that if a talking spider started giving her orders, she'd be inclined to do the opposite what it told her, simply because eww, spider! But she manages -- with some difficulty -- to keep her opinion to herself.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

halfdragon: The orc looks at you confused. "But the spider's big. I don't know. Maybe you should talk to spider. Do you want to meet them?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

The spider is big. Of course it is, thinks Gemma, who is decidedly not big.

"Do you like the spider? Is the spider your friend?"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Banned

"I don't know. The spider tells me to do things so I guess it's my friend."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Jace, still at the top of the stairs, decided not to try and attract attention to himself. He moved silently down the stairs, staying to the shadows. He also attempted to draw his blades, slowly walking sideways around the orc.

(what is the formula for move silently?)