New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default How and Were do i post a webcomic?

im thinking about starting a webcomic but i have to ask, were do i put it? could anybody supply me with some good websites? if they could that would be great.

thanks

DM
    Last edited by Hawkfrost000; 2010-11-03 at 04:55 PM.
    The Lords of Uncloaked Steel
    "But iron - cold iron - is master of them all."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: How and Were do i post a webcomic?

I'd advise making your own blog on Wordpress and then using Comicpress. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think having a comic on DrunkDuck and Comic Genesis might get you grouped with a bunch of crummy strips. Those are all nice, free options.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    I'd advise making your own blog on Wordpress and then using Comicpress. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think having a comic on DrunkDuck and Comic Genesis might get you grouped with a bunch of crummy strips. Those are all nice, free options.
    Hey, you can use ComicPress as an extension over at WordPress? That's a good solution.

Other than hosting at the free sites above which does have a stigma of being crummy, you've got the option of hosting yourself; there's plenty of good starter plans for $10 per month or less. Big downsides are that it costs money and you'll need to manage the site yourself, but you've got full control over what you host there. You'll also have your own web address, although you can always buy a domain and point it at a free site (assuming that's not against their terms of service, you would need to check).

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

I host my website on Hostmonster for about $5 a month, it's not bad at all.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Other than hosting at the free sites above which does have a stigma of being crummy, you've got the option of hosting yourself; there's plenty of good starter plans for $10 per month or less. Big downsides are that it costs money and you'll need to manage the site yourself, but you've got full control over what you host there. You'll also have your own web address, although you can always buy a domain and point it at a free site (assuming that's not against their terms of service, you would need to check).
    good advice, my comic is going to be crummy at first so i should probably post it somewhere free and link it back to here. see if i get any interest then move to a pay site.

thanks for the advice everyone

DM
    The Lords of Uncloaked Steel
    "But iron - cold iron - is master of them all."