New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Mobile Guard Section One (IC)

"I surely hope that it's the former, Mr. Black, I sure hope...."

On the next day, Captain James greets you with a smile as he enter the warehouse.

"Good news everyone! Look here, we're on the front page!"

He then shows today's newspaper. After you scan it, you realized that he's right! Right there under the headline about the rising price of fish, a piece about how alchemists thinking that the smell of the city's sewer is getting more overpowering by the day, and a long winding editorial about the worsening attitude of one of the neighboring country and how more Magic Knight should be sent to the border, there is a tiny article titled "Opening of New Zoo Ended Up In Disaster."

It's only about three paragraphs or so, but one paragraph mentions, 'the incident could be worse if not by the quick arrival of the newly made Mobile Guard section of the town guard. Responding to the zoo's emergency distress call like a lightning, members of the city's finest quickly arrives, and contained the zoo with the help of their troop of giant flying thunderspewing metal armors and their army of ninjas. And with the help of the zoo owner's and his effective coordinating of the staff, they managed to put the wyverns back into the cage and saved the two children without a single monkey escaping."

There's not even a mention of your names or a picture though.
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-08-13 at 09:15 AM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

"Hmmm...they arrived like lightning, their armor spewing thunder...that gives me an idea. Hey, Brennan! Let's look at those ARM weapon schematics one more time. I've got a GREAT IDEA!"
    Subclasses for 5E: magus of blades, shadowcraft assassin, spellthief, void disciple
    Guides for 5E: Practical fiend-binding

D&D Remix for 3.x: balanced base classes and feats, all in the authentic flavor of the originals. Most popular: monk and fighter.

3. - Top - End - #213

"Well, that would explain this..." says marie as he comes with a bunch of papers. She reads one of them.

"A request for an exclusive report on Mobile Guard Section One. It says that if we agree, they'd like to have an interview with us tomorrow..."
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-08-14 at 01:52 AM.
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Jirai picks up the newspaper and reads through the article, occasionally shaking his head in disbelief. As soon as he is done, he closes the paper and hurls it back on the desk, deciding that if they could get such a simple story so utterly wrong, then nothing else in that rag could be worth reading.

In fact, he was so dissappointed with its shoddy journalism, that he was almost tempted to simply throw the paper away, rather than recycle it for origami ninja stars... But times were tough, and there was a shortage of scrap newspaper around the station.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

"Lookit you, Jirai. Army of one. Miss Marie, I'd be happy to talk to the folk and show 'em around. And don't you worry none, I'm known for my truthiness. Im-peccable reputation, that's what I got! And I'd be happy to show 'em Aces and Eights. Err...we haven't had time to change the nose art yet, d'you think that'd be alright?"
    Subclasses for 5E: magus of blades, shadowcraft assassin, spellthief, void disciple

D&D Remix for 3.x: balanced base classes and feats, all in the authentic flavor of the originals. Most popular: monk and fighter.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    ""A request for an exclusive report on Mobile Guard Section One. It says that if we agree, they'd like to have an interview with us tomorrow..."
    "Is the newspaper one which we can count on? It would be bad if they decided to twist thing into a political fiasco." Jirai said as he peered over Marie's shoulder to take a look at the letter. "Also, you should also keep in mind an old Shinobi saying: 'Knowledge is Power- Secrecy is a Shield'. As a Ninja whose living depends on people NOT knowing what I look like, giving a personal interview seems like a bad idea. I'll probably hide in the attic or something while they tour the place."

Quote Originally Posted by jiriku View Post
    "Lookit you, Jirai. Army of one."
    Jirai shakes his head a little sadly. "Its not nearly so simple for me. I probably have to write a report to the Shinobi Academy, clarifying that the report was false, and that I have not been secretly training an army of students."
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

"You haven't? I mean, of course you haven't!"
    Deacon glances over his shoulder with a worried expression.

8. - Top - End - #218

"Captain?"

"Why not? Send an o-kay reply dear Marie. And wear your best suits tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen." the old captain grins.

( hm, should we keep the pace slow until brennan and ta'lab come back? )
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-08-14 at 11:30 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    "Also, you should also keep in mind an old Shinobi saying: 'Knowledge is Power- Secrecy is a Shield'. As a Ninja whose living depends on people NOT knowing what I look like, giving a personal interview seems like a bad idea. I'll probably hide in the attic or something while they tour the place."

Jirai shakes his head a little sadly. "Its not nearly so simple for me. I probably have to write a report to the Shinobi Academy, clarifying that the report was false, and that I have not been secretly training an army of students."
    Ta'Lab is, as usual when in the office, relaxing in his place, helmet low over his eyes and a steaming cup of reddish coffee close at hand. Without looking up, he intersects, "Jirai, I ain't likin' th' idea of no interview no more than ya' do, but ya have to start realisin' that ya ain't no ninja no more. Ya're a public servant now, and that means that secrecy ain't an option no more. 'Sides, ya're the hero o' the hour, don'tcha know? Them newspaper men will want to gabble questions at ya about savin' the children"
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

10. - Top - End - #220

"Interview eh?" Says Albert. The old mechanic says. "It's been a while since I do that. Hey guys, this might be your only chance to appear in the news. Don't waste this."

"Interview you say, Mr Rochester? This would be an interesting experience." Matthias pops out from under an ARM, with grease stains all over his face. "Though, I must say that I never really read any news publications beside Jean's Fighting Vehicles."

"..." Thomas is as silent as usual. "I already ordered some live chicken..." Huh? What do it have to do with anything?

"In.. interview? What should I wear, Miss Lestrade? Oh, but it's not like we mechanics are going to be pictured or interviewed. But, if we do, what if I answer wrongly?"

"Wear your usual uniform, Genevieve. And this isn't like the exam in your magical school. There aren't any wrong answer. Though there will be bad answer... I guess we should tidy up this warehouse a bit." Marie replies, already tying a handkerchief onto her head. " Someone that's not Mr Black please patch the doors. Mr Sambre, could you do something with those piles of papers in your office? Mr. Rhea, you could do with a shave. Mechanics, go polish the Paladins then. We'd want them to be look as good as they could be for the pictures. And sigh... cover the picture with a patch of... something. Pretend that it's under repair or something. Please. The rest of us should mow the lawn and mop the floors. Gah, we should've done this weeks ago..."

And as they say, time is relative. Because before you know it, now you're waiting for the afromentioned reporter to come.

"Please don't say, do, or even look like anything that would make bad impression..." Marie says. She arrives from her house even earlier today.

"And Captain, please look responsible at least today..."
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-08-14 at 04:18 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    "Jirai, I ain't likin' th' idea of no interview no more than ya' do, but ya have to start realisin' that ya ain't no ninja no more."
    "Actually, my attachment to this unit has not changed the fact that I am still a Trainee Ninja, who must one day face the Shinobi Final Exam™."

"'Sides, ya're the hero o' the hour, don'tcha know? Them newspaper men will want to gabble questions at ya about savin' the children"
    "Ah yeesss..." Jirai says while rubbing his chin. "They probably will, won't they." He pauses for a while before asking. "Would any of you like to pretend to be a Ninja for a day?"
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah yeesss..." Jirai says while rubbing his chin. "They probably will, won't they." He pauses for a while before asking. "Would any of you like to pretend to be a Ninja for a day?"
    "Sorry, kid," says Ta'Lab, sounding sincerely apologetic, "Got 'nouf problems of my own. Ah'm sure they will want interviews of th' pilots, don'tcha know? And ah also need to see how to shave and stay shaven, it seems..."
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

"I can picture it now. 'You can't see the ninja,' we'll say. 'Why not?' they'll ask. 'Because, he's a ninja!'"

14. - Top - End - #224

"I don't know anything about ninja, but whatever you're going to do, you better doing it quick, because I think they're coming..." Albert enters the door with a smile and a strangely tidy jumpsuit.

And it's true. Because A horse-driven coach stops in front of the gate. It stops there for a while, before the door opens, and someone jumps down from the coach.

And it's not a 'they' like what Albert said. It's only one person. It's a 'she' in fact. Because the one that's jumping from the coach is a small statured young girl with ponytailed brown hair and a heavy looking long leather coat covering her simple dress. She's lugging a large, heavy bag that from the look of it might make a good weapon against a wyvern in case you need to fight one again.

Marie dusts her uniform, and steps outside to greet her, only to be completely ignored as the young girl pulls out an alchemical device from her heavy bag, you recognize it as the one you use to make pictures, and cheerily starts to take snapshots of the base's exterior from various angles.
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-08-16 at 06:11 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

"Her? Our news reporter is a kid? Now I do feel insulted."

Deacon steps outside and intentionally steps in front of the camera to get the kid's attention.

"Hullo there, missy. That's a pretty big camera for
    such a little girl! Which paper do you work for?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic eyeball, detecting emotions. Hmm, x-ray scan the kid for weapons too. Sometimes people aren't what they seem. Taking 10 on Notice checks.
    Last edited by jiriku; 2010-08-16 at 12:07 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226

jiriku
    Spoiler
    Show
    you notices that she got a small pistol hidden under her dress.... among other things that a girl got under her dress... But her emotion is just mainly excitement.

"Hey, I take offense to that!" she says as she moves toward Deacon and Marie, though she keeps smiling as she says that. "I'm not a kid, I'm an experienced investigative reporter." She says as she shakes Marie's and Deacon's hand.

"Sorry, I guess I was kinda taken away and didn't noticed you guys are already here." She gives her card. "Elizabeth Shelley, Argent Times. I assume that you already got our letter.

So... I guess you guys are Mobile Guard Section One's representative?" she says as she cranes her head to find an odd almost-a-dozen-but-not-quite ragtag bunch of people inside.
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-08-16 at 09:07 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

"Representatives? We're the Guard. Deacon Black, pleased to make your acquaintance! Oh, and Miss Shelley, you won't need your firearm here. You can leave it in your coach, or we can store it in the magazine for you, if you like. I'll be pleased to guarantee your safety, so it's quite unnecessary."

Deacon gives her a cordial but serious look.

"I must say, we're all mighty pleased to have you visit. We get the Times here regular-like."

Deacon does not mention that MGAU:01 chiefly uses the Times to clean up grease spills and craft origami throwing stars.
    Last edited by jiriku; 2010-08-16 at 09:21 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Arthur is currently in his office. Not being a pilot, he doesn't feel too concerned by this particular interview since his role into the unit, until now, has been mostly somme clerical duty.
    Organizing paperwork, writting reading and correcting repports, keeping tracks of events (and as such that means buying at least two copies newpapers each morning and reading at least one of them while making sure it won't be turned into an oil rag, toilet paper, a wolf chewtoy or a paper mache ninjistu weapon. A task harder than it sounds) and organising archives.
    Not the most fascinating job ever (ak borring as hell), but it's only temporary till there's a little more staff, and someone has to do it. Certainly isn't going to be the captain.

Hearing the conversation outside, he closes the file, does a little of "tidying up" (aka stowing the pile of papers under his office rather than on top), and steps outside to take a look at the reporter who just entered the building.
    After more than 25 years of service, he has met quite a few of them in his career. Most of them are a tame bunch, no real interest in finding the truth their profession is supposedly based upon. Of cousrse no one will reproach them to be just people, doing their job and trying to makke a living above all, but one can deplore a certain lack of curiosity and a tendency to accept the first explanation given to them. Not so unlike many detectives sadly.
    But sometime, sometime, you meet a few who still have the fire. Those tend to be... interesting peoples, to say the least, though not particularily easy to deal with.

wonder wich kind we'll have here. A familiar face maybe ?

Spoiler
    Show
    Well informed (1d20+12)[23]
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-05-09 at 02:32 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jiriku View Post
    "Hmmm...they arrived like lightning, their armor spewing thunder...that gives me an idea. Hey, Brennan! Let's look at those ARM weapon schematics one more time. I've got a GREAT IDEA!"
    The only response that could be heard was a loud, annoyed grunt from Aces and Eights' cockpit, where Brennan was currently situated working on the control panel.

----

Brennan, having seemingly spent the past few days exclusively in the workshop, poked his head out from underneath the tarp he had placed over Ta'lab's ARM. Both machines were currently undergoing repairs after the last battle, and Brennan wasn't too enthused about this reporter coming and seeing them when they were in this state, but he didn't really have much of a choice.

"Representatives? We're the Guard. Deacon Black, pleased to make your acquaintance! Oh, and Miss Shelley, you won't need your firearm here. You can leave it in your coach, or we can store it in the magazine for you, if you like. I'll be pleased to guarantee your safety, so it's quite unnecessary."
    "Pft. Yeah, he'll guarantee the safety of everything but your modesty." He chuckled and went back to what he was doing.

"MATTIAS!" He yelled from under the tarp. "Hurry up with that Rokuan fire bark, we're behind schedule!" The edge of the tarp lifted up as if on it's own, and a large box of tools that was sitting on a nearby box floated up and into the opening before it closed again.

Spoiler
    Show

Sornas by Lord Iames Osari, Thanks! ^_^

Spoiler
    Show
    My mind is a swirling miasma of scintillating thoughts and turgid ideas.
    Luke, I Am Your Tedious, Overused Plot Device!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey now!"

Deacon makes a minute adjustment to his eyepatch and gives Brennan a wink with his one good eye.

"I've got my eye on you!"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing nobody wanted to take up his 'Ninja-for-a-day' offer, Jirai gives a nonchalant shrug. Pulling his police overcoat on, he announces quietly over the Vox. "If anyone asks, the Ninja has gone on patrol, and won't be back until after the media circus has moved on. Someone has to keep the streets safe." With that he quietly slips out the backdoor, and climbs over the rear wall.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing nobody wanted to take up his 'Ninja-for-a-day' offer, Jirai gives a nonchalant shrug. Pulling his police overcoat on, he announces quietly over the Vox. "If anyone asks, the Ninja has gone on patrol, and won't be back until after the media circus has moved on. Someone has to keep the streets safe." With that he quietly slips out the backdoor, and climbs over the rear wall.
    As he falls down, two very big, very hairy and yet suprisingly fast on their feet individuals just happen to be loitering on the street below. One of them looks at the young ninja and says in a pleasant voice, "Mr. Rhea talked to us just yesterday, he did. Something about a cop skirting his duty, he said. But we didn't believe him, did we, Ursus?" His companion grunts concomitantly, "Cops 'round here are good cops, aren't they, I said. They need to show people they're around, I said. Else, the bad people might think they ain't around, see? And then they might think it's fine and dandy to throw poor Ursus and me outs of our homes, and our families, right? So we told him, Rhea, don't you worry about none. You can trust all your cops friends to stand besides you when you need them most - like when facing the evils of newspaper. You're not going to show me wrong, right?"

At no point does he raise his voice, and to the keen eyes of Jirai, he can tell he is not a fighter. Just a big, strong man with the air of a carpenter, maybe in his fifties. But there is something serious beyond his easygoing words. He is scared - the fear has been with him all his life - and can only hope to trust that the cops will be there, reminding everyone that, yes, they do exist.

Spoiler
    Show
    Retroactively use Connected to cast Summon Conscience on Jirai

Yes, these are the two same guys that helped Ta'Lab build the little addition to the back of the Police building.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Several days earlier....

"Whaddya mean 'unacceptable risk of irreversible cascade failure'? Look, if that happens, and I'm not saying it would, isn't there some button I could push to just... y'know... reverse it?"
    Upon hearing Brennan's response, Deacon pulls his hat from his head in great agitation, tosses it on the ground, and runs a hand through his thinning hair, his pose a picture of exasperation.
    "C'mon, you're the mechanic for goodness sake! There's gotta be a way you can squeeze enough juice out of this power plant for at least a couple of teeny weeny little lightning bolts."
    Deacon gazes mournfully at Brennan, his eyepatch askew and his normally starched collar stained with the sweat he's worked up climbing around the innards of the Paladin.
    Last edited by jiriku; 2010-08-16 at 11:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

"Cops 'round here are good cops, aren't they, I said. They need to show people they're around, I said. Else, the bad people might think they ain't around, see? And then they might think it's fine and dandy to throw poor Ursus and me outs of our homes, and our families, right?"
    "Your logic is flawed." Jirai replies without missing a beat. "Firstly, Rhea does not need my help for anything, least of all dealing with some hack journalist." He flips his collar up to partially conceal his face, and starts his patrol route, while continuing. "And secondly, its a better reminder to have a cop walking by everyday, than for there to be an extra name in a newspaper interview, that already has ten voices clamouring for attention."

Spoiler
    Show

I was thinking of using the "Ninjas have no conscience" routine, but the blood takes so long to clean off.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2010-08-17 at 04:08 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235

well informed
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know about her. She's an investigative reporter, and famous for daring to step where other people doesn't dare to step. In fact you know that she got some trouble from investigating some nobles and merchant previously.

"Well... I honestly thought that there'll be more of you. But that doesn't matter!" what tiny amount of disappointment she had had gone in just a split second. She then smiles while she reaches under her dress.

"Sorry sir. It's just that this city can be dangerous for a girl in my profession." She says as she put a small derringer onto the table. "I'm elizabeth shelley from the times. May I get introduced to everyone?"
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-08-17 at 08:23 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Deacon cheerfully conducts introductions all around, finishing in front of Sambre.

"...and this here is Arthur Sambre! He's the star of the show, really. Arthur's our top detective. If Miss Lestrade is the brains and good looks in this operation, Arthur is our eyes and ears. A fellow can barely say a word on the streets without this man hearing of it.

"You really oughta talk to this man, Miss Beth. Some of the others, they get nervous in front of news types and clam up tighter than a miser's wallet. But Mister Sambre here, he'll give you a story!"

Deacon whispers this last bit of advice into Elizabeth's ear, giving her a nudge and a confidential wink.
    Last edited by jiriku; 2010-08-17 at 09:44 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Several days earlier:

"Goddamnit Deacon, I'm a mechanic, not a miracle worker!" ((Sorry, I couldn't help myself XD)) Brennan harrumphed and turned back to a diagram that he had hanging up from a support pole.

"Something like that would need a massive amount of power! Have you ever wondered why the Paladins don't use magical blast weaponry? It's because to keep the other functions going, there's no way to reliably power them!" He scowled and started scribbling notes rapid-fire on the diagram. "The only way would be to either massively upgrade the power source, or use some sort of external source! And something like that would be dangerous, unstable, prone to collateral damage, have far too much recoil for an ARM of the Paladin's weight class to handle, and, almost thankfully at this point, only be good for a few shots! Not to mention you would be slowed down drastically by carrying the external source!"

He drew several circles around the power source on the diagram. "And we don't have nearly the resources on-hand to upgrade the internal power source to that level, anyway! I could technically do it, don't mistake me, but with what we have now, it's impossible, I'd need a huge shopping list of reagents that we don't have, and the result would STILL be a dangerous, unstable prototype."

----
    Back in the Present

When introduced, a curt "Hey." was the response from under the tarp, followed by more orders barked at Thomas and Mattias. He had been going easy on Genevieve today though, as she seemed on the edge of a nervous breakdown about the reporter.

Spoiler
    Show

Sornas by Lord Iames Osari, Thanks! ^_^

Spoiler
    Show
    My mind is a swirling miasma of scintillating thoughts and turgid ideas.
    Luke, I Am Your Tedious, Overused Plot Device!

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sornas View Post
    "Goddamnit Deacon, I'm a mechanic, not a miracle worker!" ((Sorry, I couldn't help myself XD)) Brennan harrumphed and turned back to a diagram that he had hanging up from a support pole.

"Something like that would need a massive amount of power! Have you ever wondered why the Paladins don't use magical blast weaponry? It's because to keep the other functions going, there's no way to reliably power them!" He scowled and started scribbling notes rapid-fire on the diagram. "The only way would be to either massively upgrade the power source, or use some sort of external source! And something like that would be dangerous, unstable, prone to collateral damage, have far too much recoil for an ARM of the Paladin's weight class to handle, and, almost thankfully at this point, only be good for a few shots! Not to mention you would be slowed down drastically by carrying the external source!"

He drew several circles around the power source on the diagram. "And we don't have nearly the resources on-hand to upgrade the internal power source to that level, anyway! I could technically do it, don't mistake me, but with what we have now, it's impossible, I'd need a huge shopping list of reagents that we don't have, and the result would STILL be a dangerous, unstable prototype."
    Deacon's face acquires a crafty expression.

"So you're saying you CAN do it. Great, great, that's wonderful, Brennan!"

Deacon is getting more and more excited, talking faster and faster.

"Look here, we can mount the external power pack on this hardpoint here, and route the blast through the blunderbuss bore to shape it. I think it's strong enough to withstand a few firings, at least. If we anchor the power pack on the center of gravity and deliver the power through a flywheel, the spin will counterbalance that recoil. It's just like pinwheelin' yer arms to keep from fallin' down. And there's only a very small chance that the flywheel will rip offa the main drive shaft and crush everything in its path. Look at this here! We can strip out some of this unnecessary cockpit armor to save weight and keep up speed. And if there's only enough juice for a few shots, that's fine, with a blast this big it'll be impossible to miss anyhow! Heck, I could probably knock down a building with one shot from this thing!

"Sooo...if I can get Miss Marie to approve the reagents, do you think you could have it ready for a shakedown trial by next Tuesday?"
    Last edited by jiriku; 2010-08-17 at 01:15 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Top detective ? Not hard given that I'm the only one. so what are we playing here Mr Black ? Toss the journalist around ?

"Miss Shelley" Arthur tips his hat to the journalist. "Isn't it like our Ace pilots to be so modest ?" His smile doesn't even flinch despite the enormity of associating this adjective to the good sergent Black. His voice changes a bit after that, still sounding polite but without any trace of condescendation or irony (well almost)
    "I certainly would have a few storries to tell. I think everyone does after a while, don't you think ?" He's being sincere, that's what taking an interest in people is about. "But I'm afraid few of them would be related to the subject at hand. Mobile Guard Section One is more of an intervention unit than an investigation one as you can imagine. If you wish to know more about our previous intervention I can only in good conscience direct you to our Ace pilots," wich he presents as he talk "Corporal Tal'lab and of course the unique Sergent Deacon Black."
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-05-09 at 02:34 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

30. - Top - End - #240

"Ace pilots... and Detective!" Elizabeths writes in her notebook.

"And I'm the captain of this wonderful section, James Marlowe." The old captain shakes Elizabeth's hand with a smile. He looks surprisingly... leader-y today. "Before we continue with our interview, may I ask you one thing?

As you know yourself, not being a celebrity have its uses in police work. If we're going to do this interview, may I ask that you limit our officer's exposure in this article? We'll still give you plenty of material of course. I know that it would be easy for a writer with your caliber." He says as he smiles patronly.

"Captain..." Marie turns speechless.

"Of course, you can expose me as much as you like. Being a celebrity won't obstruct my work at all." He grins.

"Captain..." Marie facepalms and turns speechless for another reason.

"By the way, are you the one that wrote that previous article about us?" Captain James strucks his beard.

"Oh yeah, that was me." Elizabeth says as she busily writes something in his notebook. "I guess it was not really up to my usual standard. But I arrived very late in the evening, I have... other tasks. I was down to interviewing passerbys and leftover staffs, none who're actually present in the event. But I have deadline, and my editor said that I have to come back with something from the zoo.

Strange aftermath, really." Elizabeth continues, still focuses on writing. "That is, there are no aftermath after all. Mr Barnum curiously didn't say anything about you guards, at all. Not even a single berating sentence. And it seems that there are no repercussion for the zoo either. They have their delayed opening today. But he is one of the merchant after all...

Anyway... I guess I could do that, captain..." Elizabeth finally finishes writing. "I could still write your names without corresponding it to a specific picture, right?" She smiles.

"So... can you explain to me in what does exactly this fabled mobile guard section one do? And what each of you particularly do around here, officers?"
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-08-18 at 05:52 AM.

Spoiler
    Show