New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ballad of the 503rd: Star Wars WW

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    Ok.

I'm going to preface this with TheLaughingMan will do PM's before night ends. I don't know if I'm allowed to speak about them now, but it doesn't seem like I wouldn't be able to.(Also, he owes us one for having Rabbit lynched if I shouldn't )

I scried Trixie as a Stormtrooper. If I die, you can at least trust him.

Also: It's not inconceivable that C-3PO or R2-D2 could have gotten a scry. FC would only have to know one, and make up a second one(Someone he wants out of the way?) on the off chance he might be right, because then that lynch would screw us up.

That's all I have.
    Well, guess this confirms that you're Luke to me then. I'm going to keep silent about my scry results until the day actual starts if I survive the night.

Unlike you, I'm not going to knowingly abuse a narrator's mistake in sending out night results early in an attempt to look innocent in public.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Well, guess this confirms that you're Luke to me then. I'm going to keep silent about my scry results until the day actual starts if I survive the night.

Unlike you, I'm not going to knowingly abuse a narrator's mistake in sending out night results early in an attempt to look innocent in public.
    Dude.(I'm overusing that word today )

1. Yes, I know it was more likely than not abusing a mistake. I partly justified it(I know it isn't really enough), and I apologized to him in PM. You do not need to guilt me about it, or take the "moral high ground" to make me look bad here. It's the whole tone of your post that's bothering me here.

2. This is not to look innocent. This is more of a "I'm figuring I'm going to be lynched/killed soon, so I want to make sure they know this fact if I die." Something that doesn't matter until I'm dead, which would prove my innocence.

3. Umm... confirms... that I'm Luke... How, exactly?
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

3. - Top - End - #273

Dude.(I'm overusing that word today )

1. Yes, I know it was more likely than not abusing a mistake. I partly justified it(I know it isn't really enough), and I apologized to him in PM. You do not need to guilt me about it, or take the "moral high ground" to make me look bad here. It's the whole tone of your post that's bothering me here.

2. This is not to look innocent. This is more of a "I'm figuring I'm going to be lynched/killed soon, so I want to make sure they know this fact if I die." Something that doesn't matter until I'm dead, which would prove my innocence.

3. Umm... confirms... that I'm Luke... How, exactly?
    1. Considering the team that actually got hurt in all this is mine not yours Luke, I feel perfectly justified to take the moral high ground if you will. I'm not going to let you to use Rabbit's death even more to your advantage.

2. Well, that is how it looks from my position. You and Trixie are perfectly aware that you're both going to get lynched/killed at this point and from my point of view, this is your backup plan to try to discredit me if all 3 of us somehow survive the night even though that's almost impossible.

3. Luke's the only other person that has a scry ability in the game, there's noone else I can think of that'd know the result of their actions before the night is over.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2010-08-24 at 01:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

4. - Top - End - #274

1. Considering the team that actually got hurt in all this is mine not yours Luke, I feel perfectly justified to take the moral high ground if you will. I'm not going to let you to use Rabbit's death even more to your advantage.

2. Well, that is how it looks from my position. You and Trixie are perfectly aware that you're both going to get lynched/killed at this point and from my point of view, this is your backup plan to try to discredit me if all 3 of us somehow survive the night even though that's almost impossible.

3. Luke's the only other person that has a scry ability in the game, there's noone else I can think of that'd know the result of their actions before the night is over.
    1. Okay, let's just drop this until the end of the game. Obviously I don't have all the PMing facts of what Rabbit was or wasn't doing that would help or hurt either team. This point probably will just end up ugly.

2. Well, Trixie and I have never exchanged a single PM. We are both going individually on this. So from my position, everything you have been doing has been twisting words: No evidence at all. You're taking advantage of the uncertainty of the situation. I, on the other hand, have been using what evidence I can find the whole time(Voting records, your claims, etc.) So, what logic and evidence, other then yesterday's lynch, do you have?

3. I thought you meant that what I said was proof I was evil somehow. Sorry.

2. Addendum My second point has gotten me thinking of your counterarguement: "But I do have proof: wasn't giving you a wolf enough?" Quite frankly, no. It's too easy for you to have had a chance to get into contact with wolves somehow(Especially with items!), who would be willing to sacrifice one of themselves once yesterday's events started, especially if that person didn't have any abilities to add to the game. You say impossible, I say improbable, and improbably that somehow happened .

5. - Top - End - #275

"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"

Sorry, carry on.

EDIT: Extending Nightshift by ten hours, for various reasons.
    Sorry.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2010-08-24 at 02:14 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Pixie in the Playground

Right. So my ignorance of WW etiquette lead to a mass accusation of FC. Cool.

Generation 5
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.
    Degeneration 91
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.

7. - Top - End - #277

1. Okay, let's just drop this until the end of the game. Obviously I don't have all the PMing facts of what Rabbit was or wasn't doing that would help or hurt either team. This point probably will just end up ugly.

2. Well, Trixie and I have never exchanged a single PM. We are both going individually on this. So from my position, everything you have been doing has been twisting words: No evidence at all. You're taking advantage of the uncertainty of the situation. I, on the other hand, have been using what evidence I can find the whole time(Voting records, your claims, etc.) So, what logic and evidence, other then yesterday's lynch, do you have?

3. I thought you meant that what I said was proof I was evil somehow. Sorry.

2. Addendum My second point has gotten me thinking of your counterarguement: "But I do have proof: wasn't giving you a wolf enough?" Quite frankly, no. It's too easy for you to have had a chance to get into contact with wolves somehow(Especially with items!), who would be willing to sacrifice one of themselves once yesterday's events started, especially if that person didn't have any abilities to add to the game. You say impossible, I say improbable, and improbably that somehow happened .
    2. Other than yesterday, I also cast what turned out to be the deciding vote against Lex. If I had voted against RabbitHoleLost, she would have been the one that really would have been lynched rightly. Now that I look at it, you started setting up your accusation of me that day so I think this whole "seer claim" of yours had been premeditated since the previous day.
    Note also that I've been voting every second day. Those who know how I play when I'm a wolf know that I tend to stay quiet but I never skip a single vote since that's one of the first things that any half decent analyst notices. Only reason I've been skipping every second day is to attract minimal attention so the wolves don't notice me at all.
    Finally, stop making up shoddy excuses about potential items. TheLaughingMan has alraedy confirmed that there is no scry item in this game so if I was Luke, there is no way at all that I could have gotten into contact with the wolf masons in the first place to set up a sacrifice play as you seem to claim I'm doing.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278

Nightshift End. Narration soon.

EDIT: Recovering from flu. Sorry for lateness.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2010-08-24 at 04:43 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

9. - Top - End - #279

Number Ten skittered around the air-ducts, watching the drama unfold beneath him. "It is fitting, that I should be trapped in here like the rat I am," he told no one. He had been hiding, hiding away from those insects below. They couldn't even comprehend his good will. He was their watchdog, and he must protect them. He watched closely as they wandered blindly from place to place, flitting about their miserable existence.

They babbled mindlessly below him, a common occurrence of those ants. Every once in a while they might try to communicate with him, but no matter how hard he tried, he could not decipher their gibberish.

"Please come down, Ten. We'll give you a nice, shiny medal if you do."

Blathering idiots. Oh, how he'd-

*BZzTt*

Wait what?

*BZzTt-*" -repeat, do you read?"

Why, it was the voice of his superior, Lt. Mensch!

"Yes sir, I read." It had been days since Mensch had contacted the crew, so this was a nice surprise.

"Good. Now, would you kindly get someplace secret? I have something private I need to share with you."

"It doesn't get more private than where I am, sir."

"Alright then, I'm going to send you on a secret assignment-"

"SECRET MISSION SECRET MISSION SECRET-"

"Shut up. Now, I need you to find Five for me. It's very important. When you find him, contact me again."

"You'll not be disappointed, sir."

"I certainly hope not."

As his radio died down, Ten considered his situation. He must go by night, lest the insects catch him and do who knows what. He must stay pure, amongst all else.

Still, something stood out in his mind. What was the purpose of this mission? The deck-dwellers had questioned him throughly the day before. He eventually decided to ask once he got there.

In the dead of night, Ten arrived at the makeshift infirmary. It had formerly been but a supply closet, but desperate times called for desperate measures, he supposed. It's walls were tarnished, it's floor bloody, and its single occupant lay in something... unspeakable. It was about as primitive as he'd come to expect.

"sirihavemadeSir, I've made it tothatplacewhatplaceidon't-"

"Oh hi, Ten. You're coping well."

"Youdon'thavewherepainStop your babbling monkey."

"*BZzT*-ou've done well, Ten. Now I have something I need you to do." Mensch's voice instructed.

"What is it, sir?"

"Kill him."

A million thoughts raced through Ten's head at that moment. Why kill the harmless monkey? What had it done to him?

"I- Why, sir?"

"There are many things you do not know. And there are many things you will never be able to understand. Just do as you're told."

"I-I cannot!"

"Very well. You will be missed."

The walls of the infirmary began closing around the both of them. As he struggled to open the doors, Ten could only wonder about his situatio-

"Ten! What the hell's going on?" Five screamed.

"doyouevenStop your wailingmindlessinsect."

The walls grew incredibly close, as Ten heard a familiar scuttling outside the door. "Help!" he yelled desperately.

He gathered the attention of Four, who had been on night watch. As Four alerted the troopers at large, Ten regretted dying for the sake of one of these animals. He thought back to his wife, his kids, his-"

"THE DOOR IS OPEN! For heaven's sake, Ten, listen to me!"

At this moment, Ten was forcibly kicked from behind. Who dare interrupt his thinking process? Why, they will taste pain when-

"Goodbye, Ten," Five softly called. It was too late to rescue him.

As Ten sat in his padded cell, he looked about at his witless captors. Filthy insects.

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Number Ten (Fleeing Coward) was attacked and protected. Everyone survived the night.

Dayshift Start. Day ends in 48 hours.

Sorry again, guys. I'll try to be more punctual next time.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2010-08-24 at 05:41 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

The Fiery Tower. Sorry, but I have to make a decision and all evidence points your way. I second-guess myself too much anyway, people have taken advantage of that before. Pure logic says you go.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Yawn. What evidence?

I held back my role, to check if TFT is saying the truth (FC's lie notwithstanding) - and indeed, I am Imperial Stormtrooper. So, TFT must be Vader.

Now, let's look at actual evidence, shall we?

Exhibit #1: FC was saved tonight. Imperial Baner is dead.

So, what if he was saved by Chewbacca?

A) He said I'm Chewbacca, and is telling the truth. So I saved him. What would be the point of it, if he is on the other side? Nope, he must be on the same side as Chewbacca, thus, he is a rebel.

B) A) He said I'm Chewbacca, and he lied. In this case, I'm really a Stormtrooper, he is Luke, and Chewbacca, someone else, saved him. Thus, he is a rebel.

So, in both cases, FC is a lying rebel :P

Of course, unlikely as it is, it could have been an item. In which case, we learn nothing. But, even in such a case, there is easy way of checking who is telling the truth. Before I propose it, FC, let me humbly ask, have you "found" any more rebels? If so, our task will be easy indeed
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

12. - Top - End - #282

OK, let's look at this shall we?:

-You and The Fiery Tower first claimed that I made a sacrifice play because I knew the masons.
    -Logically, if that were the truth, that would mean I know the wolf killer - R2D2
    -If that were true, then why would R2D2 even attack me in the first place? I could have directed him to kill some other villager completely not related to this whole claim and bring the wolves one trooper close to victory.
    - I did indeed have the barrier sphere last night. That was why I announced my list publicly - so I could draw the kill my way knowing I was protected. If that wasn't the case, I'd just PM someone else about the list and asked them to post it since chances are I'll most likely PM a villager having already scried 2 wolves and The Fiery Tower having revealed himself as a wolf.
    - Why do you think I chose not to reveal my scry result until day officially starts? Because I knew I wasn't going to die tonight with my barrier sphere. Otherwise I'd have evened the playing field by revealing my scry then like The Fiery Tower since he broke protocol first.
    -I scried Cake as a stormtrooper. There's no point in hiding this since we need to avoid killing our own at all costs once I'm dead and this fully clears him.

I point at The Fiery Tower just in case he's actually R2D2 since we need to get rid of the wolf sniper in order to win this.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283

Why would I kill you if I were R2D2 or any kind of rebel? It would blow my cover. I, as Luke, would want to keep you alive to make as much confusion as possible, using the chance to instead take out someone else. It makes no sense, if I were Luke, R2D2, or any other rebel, to even try to attack FC, because it would just get my lynched the next day.

Also: You know R2D2. You can stage attacks, especially if you have an item like the Barrier Sphere. That just gives you that much more credibility, and the ability to lynch the only power role the stormtroopers have.

Also, lets go back to what you said earlier. You said that you were playing it one way, because that's how you normally play that role. Once the person realizes it, you can't use it as evidence for or against anything. The person can abuse that reputation as much as he/she wants.

So, Fleeing Coward. It's up to everyone else now to make their choice.
    Last edited by TFT; 2010-08-24 at 08:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284

You've killed 5 of 7 needed already for the win so your side only needs two more kills for the win. It doesn't matter if you're exposed. Your team's perectly happy to kill me during the night, let you die during the day and then kill one more during tonight for the win. I think the only reason you even tried to claim seer is because you were so close to the win and decided it was worth the risk to end it earlier but it has now backfired.

If I was Luke and I knew R2D2, I wouldn't be staging kills, I'd tell them to kill you during the night, get myself lynched during the day and let R2D2 notch up the final kill needed for victory after I get lynched.

Basically:
    The Fiery Tower = Luke or if we're lucky, R2D2.
    Trixie = Chewbacca
    Fleeing Coward = Vader
    The Cake = Stormtrooper

Stormtroopers, if I got our numbers right, our only chance of victory is to either lynch 2 wolves in 2 days and shoot the third with the sniper rifle tonight or we need to lynch R2D2 today or tomorrow so they can't win by purely doing 2 night kills.
    Either way, your best option is to lynch The Fiery Tower today since there's still a chance that he may be R2D2 although it's pretty likely he's Luke.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

The Fiery Tower.
    -SPLAT!-

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Sigh. Stormtroopers, let's just tell you this: Murska's and FC's drive to lynch TFT will lead to your loss.

If you don't believe me and TFT, please don't point at TFT. Point at me. I'm expendable, TFT is not. If we're rebels, it would make double sense, too - because then I'd have to be Chewbacca, and once rebel baner is dead, the Imperial killer will quickly off the remaining rebels.

But really, FC and Murska try to push for rebel victory by offing Vader, then confusing people for that one last lynch that will give them required 7/7. Empire can still deny them this, simply by checking which "seer" is telling the truth, and sadly, I'm the easiest way to check. Would I tell you this if I were rebel? I think not.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Sigh. Stormtroopers, let's just tell you this: Murska's and FC's drive to lynch TFT will lead to your loss.

If you don't believe me and TFT, please don't point at TFT. Point at me. I'm expendable, TFT is not. If we're rebels, it would make double sense, too - because then I'd have to be Chewbacca, and once rebel baner is dead, the Imperial killer will quickly off the remaining rebels.

But really, FC and Murska try to push for rebel victory by offing Vader, then confusing people for that one last lynch that will give them required 7/7. Empire can still deny them this, simply by checking which "seer" is telling the truth, and sadly, I'm the easiest way to check. Would I tell you this if I were rebel? I think not.
    You sure are desperate Trixie if you're going to spin easily disproved lies. Our killed is already dead we don't have a night kill or this would be alot simpler. What we need to do now is find your side's killer so we have a chance of victory and I'm beginning to think that The Fiery Tower may very well be R2D2 if you're that desperate to save him.

Lynch The Fiery Tower, killing their baner would do little for us since we don't have a sniper and from last night, it looks like we don't have a sniper rifle either
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Yawn. You both sure seem to be desperate to lynch TFT, despite claiming me to be more important target. I even pointed this out yesterday, to which you basically replied that no, you don't want to kill TFT first, but me...

And today, like nothing happened, you do just that. Weak :P

Ok, let's test your sincerity. GM asked us recently if we would like to change victory conditions, that is, from the 7/7, to standard wipe-out. Since there are more Imperials than Rebels alive, any change would favor the Empire. So, how about it - what if we voted en-masse to change the conditions making the rebel's lives more difficult by robbing their possible instant death victory from them?

I, as a loyal Stormtrooper, would have no problems with such a change. Would you, Mr. Skywalker?

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

A standard wipeout is all right for me, but it wouldn't change anything.

There are eight people left alive, and at least three wolves. This means two villager deaths is a loss for us, just like it is with the other win condition.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Something doesn't feel right about any of this, but I'm naturally sceptic.

Trixie, because TFT turns out to be Vader it could be disasterous for us, and it's not a risk I want to take at this point. Yay, cautious pointing.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    A standard wipeout is all right for me, but it wouldn't change anything.

There are eight people left alive, and at least three wolves. This means two villager deaths is a loss for us, just like it is with the other win condition.
    It doesn't change anything only if the rebels manage to get two kills first. And even then, if Empire can trip them even once, by snipe or kill blocking, it still has a fighting chance.

In the variant we have now, though, R2D2, if undiscovered, can win the game for rebels by himself, even if we play a perfect game, as we can't outkill him. So, I'm glad I have your support for system change

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, I didn't pay enough attention to how that works. I just assumed that 'X/7 lynched' would mean by lynch, not by kill.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293

By apparently popular demand, changed to standard win conditions.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Very good. I hope it will be enough

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

25. - Top - End - #295

I don't know what you're trying Trixie but you make it seem like you wolves have a huge advantage when the only reason we don't have a killer on the our side was because we lynched him ourselves.

Late rule changes should never be implemented in my opinion but guess we'll just have to live with it now and it does help us villagers so I'm not going to openly complain about this too much
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2010-08-25 at 07:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

After some thought, the rule change is very biased. Back to Best of Seven.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Late rule changes should never be implemented in my opinion but guess we'll just have to live with it now and it does help us villagers so I'm not going to openly complain about this too much
    Us villagers? Aren't you supposed to be a powerrole now?

Plus, you won't complain openly? It means you'll complain in secret? About what?

Another proof: FC goes silent as soon as I propose the rule change against rebels, then, when he gets back, he pushes all he can to change it back. Just some food for though.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Us villagers? Aren't you supposed to be a powerrole now?

Plus, you won't complain openly? It means you'll complain in secret? About what?

Another proof: FC goes silent as soon as I propose the rule change against rebels, then, when he gets back, he pushes all he can to change it back. Just some food for though.
    Well, as a whole, we're the villager team so us villagers.

Stop trying to twist my words.

Have you ever heard of something called sleep? I'm not going to be awake past midnight to see your posts when I have lectures at 8am in the morning. Why would I push against the change when it helps us? More than likely you're the one who suddenly pushed against the change when TheLaughingMan actually accepted it. Just another stunt gone wrong for you is what I see.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Well, as a whole, we're the villager team so us villagers.

Stop trying to twist my words.
    [shrug] there's nothing to twist. You're obviously trying too hard, and failing heavily. The number of your little mistakes clearly points where your true allegiance lies.

Have you ever heard of something called sleep? I'm not going to be awake past midnight to see your posts when I have lectures at 8am in the morning. Why would I push against the change when it helps us?
    Yes, and somehow, TLM changed it back shortly after you got back. Even if an attempt to change it would not clearly show where my loyalties lie, the above alone would be sufficient to show yours.

Huh, at least it gave you guys a little heart shock when you realized your little sacrifice of non-contributing wolf wasn't so brilliant after all.

More than likely you're the one who suddenly pushed against the change when TheLaughingMan actually accepted it. Just another stunt gone wrong for you is what I see.
    Are you nuts? No sane narrator would accept a player's proposition then agree to the same player to change it secretly back to what it was. It would be a violation of GM's neutrality, as it would clear that player by giving him an unfair advantage.

I find that part insulting both to TLM and to me, as fellow GM. Give it up, you're not fooling anyone anymore. The only one who could have asked for it is you.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Dayshift End.

They called him slave.
    Despite that, he was fairly happy- as happy as a child with no future could be, really. He and his mother had their own home to shelter them from the raging sands, they had food to eat, he had mechanics and droids to tinker around with in the rare free time. Most of all, he had his mother, who cared for him, and whom he loved completely, with all the blind devotion of a child.
    But his mother could not shield him from the harshness of their reality, as much as she wished she could believe his childhood naivete hid the truth of the situation from him.
    He had no freedom.
    No freedom, no future, and even he, as a young boy, could see it.

She called him Ani.
    She was beautiful and strong and she had to have been an angel, descended from the stars and the heavens as she had. Perhaps he was too young to understand the truth of his slavery, of his lack of freedom, and, these feelings, too, he was too inexperienced to realize. But he knew that he felt strangely drawn to this older girl, an affection both like and unlike what he felt for his mother.
    And she, along with two Jedi, took him away into the stars, with promises of great possibilities and future.
    She gave him hope.

They called him the Chosen One.
    And how could he have been anything else? The Council trembled in fear of his powers; the Sith coveted them. He was a force in and of himself. Nothing could stand in his way.
    He lead great armies to defend the Republic, in the name of the Jedi. He was peerless.
    But he was still bound by chains and restrains, rules and ettiquette and codes. Attatchment was forbidden.

She called him Husband.
    They had exchanged vows nearly silently, quietly, to a droid who's memory had been wiped clean. Couldn't chance it. Couldn't let anyone know.
    It frustrated him.
    They loved eachother, and it wasn't weakness, it wasn't a point to exploit him into the darkness! It was strength! She was his, she was his, she was his!
    They fought often, his repressed emotions hidden from the council exploding out at her, but she always forgave him, always held him as his nightmares wracked trembles on his body.
    Someday, after the war, they wouldn't need to hide anymore.
    She gave him love.

They called him Vader.
    He was the scourge of the Jedi, the extension of the Emperor's will. Again, he had no peers, and he ensured that there never would be, slaying the Jedi, hunting them into extinction.
    His name was something parents whispered to children. You'd better brush your teeth, or Lord Vader will take you away for being a bad Imperial Citizen.
    He was a living boogeyman, with a flowing cape of ebony, with all the power in the galaxy.
    Controlled by a withered old man whopulled the strings from his imperial throne.

She called him nothing.
    He'd killed her with his own hands.

As his old Master always said, if you wanted something done properly, you'd better do it yourself.
    Well, Vader had never listened to Obi-Wan before, and he supposed now that he'd killed him, it wasn't exactly the best time.
    But the Trooper's weren't doing so well, and he could feel each of them die, each a feeling suddenly gone in the force, like a star blinking and then dying, to leave the sky a little darker than it was before.
    Pity. He was just beginning to think he didn't have to put his own hands into everything anymore.

Rebels. Just a few rebels. As he strode across the metallic floor, clinking, he pondered over how just a few raggamuffin scummy rebels and smugglers had managed to pull the wool over his Troops eyes.
    And then he heard the hum of the saber, and turned around just in time to see that cerulean blade, too familiar, lodge itself in his chest.
    The wielder was a Trooper. No, an imposter. No Trooper of his was force sensitive, Vader knew that much. None of them had access to a Saber, much less one he had previously owned, lost in the battles of years before.
    No, the only person who could have possibly had possession of such a weapon was Kenobi, and he was freshly dead by Vader's own powers.
    It was getting harder to breath through his ventilation system, his vision becoming darker through the helmet. Still, though, he watched his undoer lift his white gauntleted hands, and when he removed his helmet, Vader gasped.

The systems in his suit had kept him alive for years, with a bit of tweaking here and there. It was top of the line mechanics, something he would have admired in his much younger years. It could withstand quite a bit of abuse.
    But little could withstand a lightsaber, and, as his suit shut itself down, he found himself falling into nothingness with it.

She called him nothing, for she was dead.
    But she had given him a son.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Fiery Tower was Lynched. He was Darth Vader

Here, Imperials. This is my gift to you

Nightshift starts now and ends in 24 hours
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2010-08-26 at 04:40 PM.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas