New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Ballad of the 503rd: Star Wars WW

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    Nnnnnope. Just gets passed to a random person if the previous owner didn't use it.
    Do they get scraps?
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't see how it'd matter, seeing as how both engineers are dead, but scraps are just gathered by breaking down weapons.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

3. - Top - End - #243

I'm just going by the rules where it says

*Scrap Metal is acquired for each man killed.

If it's a mistake, my first point probably isn't likely, but my second point stands.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm.

I don't like 50/50 situations, so I'm going to work to see if I can get a backup plan: Please PM me if you're a Stormtrooper and have a Sniper Rifle. It is very important.

Meanwhile, we got this situation. I don't usually condone to lynching one of FC's targets in these kinds of situations. If I really had to choose here, I'd pick lynching FC, even though there are certain things that make TFT suspicious aswell. We know for sure either FC or The Fiery Tower is a wolf. However, if FC is not a wolf, those two are, and if FC is a wolf, there's still a chance they are. This means there's a higher than 50% chance those two are wolves, and we really need to lynch a wolf.

I think we should lynch Cyberwolf. If he is the wolf killer, Vader will be safe. If he isn't, and we have a killer, the killer can kill Luke the next night. Or follow another plan I will PM him if he gets in touch.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #245

O.K. Cyberwolf sounds good to me. We can go from there tomorrow.

EDIT: The only issue is that this puts us at a 4 -4 at the end of the day, and a 3-4 the next day if we're wrong. Meaning, we lose. However, this is also the best option we have(Besides FC of course).
    Last edited by TFT; 2010-08-22 at 03:37 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246

FFFFF you're right then. I have forgotten my own rules. I am one ***** DM.

And this is why you should be glad to have Rabbit. Let's just lay down the law right here:

Scraps are gathered for every man killed: Has, due to idiocy on my part, been ignored. Go forward with this knowlege, and know that this is my first time running any game ever.

Scraps have been gathered for each time a weapon has broken down, however.

There is no scry tool.

The Adrenaline Boost is only used up once something has been stolen.

Chewbacca and the Heavy are both baners.

Solo filled the role of both theif and engineer.

R2-D2 fills the role of both mason and sniper. C-3PO still can't do anything.

One of each item was passed out at the start of the game.

The stats are currently:

5/7 Troopers lynched.

3/7 Rebels lynched.

Hope that answers some questions. And again, sorry for making this game ***** for all of you. Next time I'll just save myself the trouble and forgo engineers completely.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

7. - Top - End - #247

And this is why you should be glad to have Rabbit. Let's just lay down the law right here:

Scraps are gathered for every man killed: Has, due to idiocy on my part, been ignored. Go forward with this knowlege, and know that this is my first time running any game ever.

Scraps have been gathered for each time a weapon has broken down, however.

There is no scry tool.

The Adrenaline Boost is only used up once something has been stolen.

Chewbacca and the Heavy are both baners.

Solo filled the role of both theif and engineer.

R2-D2 fills the role of both mason and sniper. C-3PO still can't do anything.

One of each item was passed out at the start of the game.

The stats are currently:

5/7 Troopers lynched.

3/7 Rebels lynched.

Hope that answers some questions. And again, sorry for making this game ***** for all of you. Next time I'll just save myself the trouble and forgo engineers completely.
    Honestly, it hasn't been too bad. I mean, at least you're still chugging along. I didn't even finish my first game. Neither of those things were too bad anyways(Rabbit might be annoyed though). Don't beat yourself up, it's only a game.

EDIT: With that, I'm off to sleep. It's 2 in the morning, and I really have been up too late. Don't expect counter arguments from me for... about 10 hours minimum.
    Last edited by TFT; 2010-08-22 at 03:53 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Cyberwolf is C-3PO, Trixie is Chewbacca and I'm going to assume that since you're claiming Vader, you're actually Luke. I've remained quiet all game because I can't scry a single villager that remained alive and our baner is dead.
    Yawn. FC is lying - I have no idea what Cyberwolf's role is, but I know mine, and he couldn't possibly get this result if he is the real seer. Ergo, there's your rebel.

Had I indeed been, rebel, the game would have looked entirely different. For once, FC would have been long dead if he were innocent :P
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

9. - Top - End - #249

Cyberwolf it is then. Of course you're going to insist I'm lying Trixie, you're next after Cyberwolf gets lynched today
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Yawn. TFT, please scry me today, you'll see which one of us is telling the truth.

Really, now, FC, I regarded you higher. Such blatant lies when the game looks nothing like it would had I been behind the wheel? In so dubious manner? You're grasping at straws here.

Still, lynching someone who (IIRC) cannot defend himself in order to gain the sheep's trust and win the game? Could have been good in different circumstances. I don't think it will work now.

I won't proposed myself to lynch in order to bust your lying behind only because there's a sliver of chance you're trying to lynch real C-3PO to "confirm" yourself, which will only improve Team Empire's standing for now.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

11. - Top - End - #251

You can only bane, not kill so unless you have a sniper gun, you had no way of killing me so your point about the game going differently makes no sense.

Personally, I'd actually prefer to lynch you since C-3PO can't do a thing but either way we get a wolf so I don't care which of you two gets lynched.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Meh. I give you 2 out of 5 for trying, only 2 because false claims of being seer are so repetitive nowadays, especially after you were shown how it is supposed to be done :P

And, seriously, now, I don't know what you're trying to achieve unless you rebels really have a way to do an extra kill.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

And this is why you should be glad to have Rabbit.
    Hate to break it to you, sweetheart, but this is my first ride as conarrator, and most of my experiences in WW games are "I have no idea what I'm doing, so I'll just sit cutely in the corner =D"
    So, we'll stumble through this together. Thank you all for your patience
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2010-08-22 at 10:16 AM.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Meh. I give you 2 out of 5 for trying, only 2 because false claims of being seer are so repetitive nowadays, especially after you were shown how it is supposed to be done :P

And, seriously, now, I don't know what you're trying to achieve unless you rebels really have a way to do an extra kill.
    It ain't false but regarding how it's done check Abhorsen 2. I did it before you and I even kept Murska alive after he was exposed as wolf
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Dayshift End

The logic of droids was drawn solely from patterns. Patterns were mappable, recurring, and, after a point, predictable.
    But patterns required memory, and that was something C-3PO had been running short on, these days.
    There was something about this place that gave the droid an uneasy feeling, if, indeed, a mess of wires and artificual intelligence could feel anything. This Vader character, there was something about him Threepio knew, somewhere in his memory. But it was dark and grainy, locked and forbidden and, perhaps, just gone.
    Unlike his organic counterparts, his memory could be gone. He could forget whatever events littered his past like so many scars on real flesh, and he'd never be the wiser. Once it was erased, there could be no recollections of what was lost.

R2-D2 buzzed and whirred, opening this locked door or translating readouts of private documents as Luke or Chebacca or whomever else growled through the communications, and C-3PO watched, silent when he could manage to keep his thoughts quiet.
    Which wasn't often, to be perfectly honest.
    "I'm getting an awful feeling about this."
    Beeps and whirrs and servos swirling. Artoo could sometimes be so unrefined.
    "I am not a crybaby. It is infact impossible for me to cry. I don't know why you say the things you do sometimes. They often don't make any sense."
    But sometimes he wished he could cry. It would make all this so much easier, especially the recurring thought that this was all a pattern, laying itself over and over again...but of what? It was frustrating.
    There was something right there, right beyond his circuits, and he knew it, just as he knew that he'd always been with R2-D2...
    Who's absence was suddenly louder than any noise he'd been making just seconds before.
    "Ar..too?" The protocol droid hobbled in a semicircle, facing where his fellow droid had been previously.
    There was nothing but a cold black blaster muzzle pressed to the flashy gold plating that Master Luke had spent hours cleaning not so long ago in the oppressive heat of Tatooine.
    "Why does this always happen to me?"
    "You know, for a droid, you sure do talk alot." A second voice, behind him now. Of course, another Storm Trooper must have snuck up on him, while the first distracted him.
    They often traveled in pairs, if he recalled. Buddy systems.
    It was the last pattern C-3PO evaluated before there was nothingness.

Summary:

Spoiler
    Show
    Cyberwolf was lynched. He was C-3PO.

Nighshift starts now and ends in 24 hours

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

16. - Top - End - #256

So, Vader was it The Fiery Tower?
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Yawn. Yup, you sacrificing one inactive comrade won't change a thing, FC

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

18. - Top - End - #258

So tell me this Trixie, if I'm actually Luke, how would I even know any of my "comrades" to sacrifice them in the first place?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259

O.K.

It is currently 2 in the morning for me right now. I have to be at work by 10, which means I have to get up by 8. I need to get to sleep, as much as I would love to debate Fleeing Coward right now. I scried Trixie(No response yet though), so no matter what happens(Because we will be able to see who truly is Vader somehow by the end of next dayshift), as long as I can say who Trixie is, we won't be losing everybody. I have to be alive tonight to do that though, so I hope Murska's plans don't include me dying or the rebels plans include me dying.

That's all I have right now.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Sniper rifle people, kill The Fiery Tower or Trixie, Trixie is the wolf Baner so there'll be 50% chance of the kill getting through. In any case, lynch Trixie tomorrow and TFT after that if they're still alive.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

Uh, excuse me. THAT TOTALLY BROKE WW ETIQUETTE.

I was away. I specifically asked not to be lynched. I came back, and whaddya now? I've been lynched.

Grr.

Generation 5
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.
    Degeneration 91
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

So tell me this Trixie, if I'm actually Luke, how would I even know any of my "comrades" to sacrifice them in the first place?
    Any number of ways. I can imagine more than a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Sniper rifle people, kill The Fiery Tower or Trixie, Trixie is the wolf Baner so there'll be 50% chance of the kill getting through. In any case, lynch Trixie tomorrow and TFT after that if they're still alive.
    Yawn. Kill FC, he is the wolf here. Killing me would be a waste, but far smaller waste than killing TFT (as he must be Vader). It will at least bust FC lying ass out of the water.

Anyway, I hope killing C-3P0 gave us enough time to win even with whatever FC planned for tonight.

You know, Murska, if you're the wolf, too, great job on leading the sheeps

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

23. - Top - End - #263

Well, you wouldn't have been lynched if you weren't you know, a wolf

If WW etiquette prevents the lynch of people who are away, I'd just post away every time I'm a wolf
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

So, are you posting away now?

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

25. - Top - End - #265

I don't need to, I'm dead tonight to the wolf killer anyways since I don't have a barrier sphere so just give up your act already Trixie
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Well, if two people claim to be the seer, both agree to testing the claim by lynching one of the people one seer has claimed to scry and he turns out to be the role the seer claimed, and the wolves don't have a devil, I'm going to work as if that seer is proven. He might be lying, it's possible, but stretching for tiny possibilities in face of overwhelming evidence is not a good strategy. Especially since now we won't lose even if we're wrong.

EDIT: Oh, and Cyberwolf, being away only helps with autolynches, it offers no lynch protection.
    Last edited by Murska; 2010-08-23 at 07:07 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Well, if two people claim to be the seer, both agree to testing the claim by lynching one of the people one seer has claimed to scry and he turns out to be the role the seer claimed, and the wolves don't have a devil, I'm going to work as if that seer is proven. He might be lying, it's possible, but stretching for tiny possibilities in face of overwhelming evidence is not a good strategy. Especially since now we won't lose even if we're wrong.
    Yawn. He is lying. Noticed how he pushed lynch into CW, instead of me, which would have ended his credibility instantly, yet he asked for TFT to be shot first? Nice act btw, FC.

That's why I said to the killer - if you have to target anyone, TFT is the last person you should attack.

And I really hope your 'we won't lose even if we're wrong' wasn't said from the rebel side

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yawn. He is lying. Noticed how he pushed lynch into CW, instead of me, which would have ended his credibility instantly, yet he asked for TFT to be shot first? Nice act btw, FC.

That's why I said to the killer - if you have to target anyone, TFT is the last person you should attack.

And I really hope your 'we won't lose even if we're wrong' wasn't said from the rebel side
    I went for CW because the other 2 wanted CW to test my seer claim.
    Like I've said, it made little difference if you or CW died to me although I would have actually have preferred to lynch you since you're Chewbacca and could potentially stop the snipe tonight if we have one but I'll settle for lynching you tomorrow.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269

Ok.

I'm going to preface this with TheLaughingMan will do PM's before night ends. I don't know if I'm allowed to speak about them now, but it doesn't seem like I wouldn't be able to.(Also, he owes us one for having Rabbit lynched if I shouldn't )

I scried Trixie as a Stormtrooper. If I die, you can at least trust him.

Also: It's not inconceivable that C-3PO or R2-D2 could have gotten a scry. FC would only have to know one, and make up a second one(Someone he wants out of the way?) on the off chance he might be right, because then that lynch would screw us up.

That's all I have.
    Last edited by TFT; 2010-08-23 at 11:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    Ok.

I'm going to preface this with TheLaughingMan will do PM's before night ends. I don't know if I'm allowed to speak about them now, but it doesn't seem like I wouldn't be able to.(Also, he owes us one for having Rabbit lynched if I shouldn't )

I scried Trixie as a Stormtrooper. If I die, you can at least trust him.

Also: It's not inconceivable that C-3PO or R2-D2 could have gotten a scry. FC would only have to know one, and make up a second one(Someone he wants out of the way?) on the off chance he might be right, because then that lynch would screw us up.

That's all I have.
    No comment.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf