New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Technical Support Messes Up My Computer.

My family's router is having technical difficulties, so we call the company. The technician makes us enter stuff into what I think is called the prompt menu or something. (That little black box that lets you enter commands). We double and sometimes triple check to make sure we enter exactly what he said. The Router works for a few minutes, then, when I log into my PS3's internet, the computer's internet crashes. Logging out of PSN does nothing to help. The computer won't even turn on anymore, saying something along the lines of ''Windows cannot start due to modifications to... '' We were forced to use the Destructive Reset option. Not a big deal, but lots of stuff was lost... .[/rant]

Anyone else have similar stories, or comments...?
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Technical Support Messes Up My Computer.

My old computer caught fire and blew up while my sister was downloading some stuff (some crazy stuff) once, if that counts. Not sure exactly when the flame started coming out. It was somewhere between the explosion and the scream.

It was small and actually put itself out. But the house is made of wood, so you can guess it freaked everyone.

Made me mad beacause I had quite a bit of writing stored on that sucker. It was old, it required a password that was absolute gibberish, and ran slow as hell. But there was something like 15 pages of stuff I hadn't copied over anywhere else, and it, and I stress this, freaking exploded.

Needless to say, my sister does not touch my laptop. And I back up most everything, too.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2010-07-24 at 07:09 AM.