Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 218
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    PARTY
    {table]sciencepanda | Wilbur Rustbreath
    Doctor Acula | Baal the Redeemed
    Superglucose | Soraya
    DMofDarkness | Shamenakar
    Lothmar | Markus Ma'soch
    The Amish Pirate | Anthony Clarke[/table]

    The roosters begin their morning call as the sun rises up over the horizon. Farmers look on the sunrise, counting it as their second hour up, and continue their diligent work to keep thousands fed and supplied. Artisans who have spent the night thinking and pondering and working are falling asleep, and those who had their night of fulfillment early, are starting to wake up. Blacksmiths stoke their fires, Potters make their molds, Painters set up their next piece. Librarians finish their tea, Parents wake up to look at their children, and the Town Guard switches shifts.

    It is morning in Baelnosh, and what a fine morning it is.

    INGAME
    Spoiler
    Show
    What are your characters doing?


    OOC

    DM NOTE: You will roll inside the IC. You will put it in a Spoiler, so we avoid longer pages.
    Last edited by Cardea; 2010-07-26 at 10:01 AM.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned
     
    Superglucose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Soraya, being the fabulously wealthy wizard she is (seriously), will begin the day by purchasing a cup of tea, some eggs, toast, and bacon with a bit of butter, and studying her spellbooks. She asks of the innkeep, If I could not be disturbed for the next hour, kind sir, that would be great.
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2010-07-24 at 10:36 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Doctor Acula's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Baal wakes up early in the morning, he breathes heavily contemplating what his day will hold. He then prays to St. Cuthbert for several hours, skipping breakfast.
    I'm just a frat guy who loves DnD and musical theater

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sciencepanda's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The moon. myes.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    As the first ray of sunlight hits his eyes, Wilbur groans and struggles to sit up. Ugh, he thinks, What a terrible day.

    Wiping his nose on the corner of his beard, he picks up his walking stick and looks around the room he has been placed in ever since he was "recruited" by the Baelnosh city guard.

    As far as he can tell, the barely furnished room, little more than a jail cell, has no visible means of escape, so with a grumble in his belly, he goes for the next best option.

    "Hey!" he shouts, banging on the door, "How 'bout some food in here!"
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

    Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned
     
    Superglucose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    OOC: That's what I get for not picking my color first!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DMofDarkness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Shamenakar, feeling the sun upon him, reminds him of his hatching that lifetime ago. Welcoming the subtle, strong Kashi of the sun into his body, he feels refreshed after a night's sleep. He rises fully prepared to take on the day, despite the turbulent night he had.

    The followers of the Platinum Dragon had nearly picked up his trail, and he had to hide witnesses. The ones who would not agree to hide... Shamenakar shudders in remembrance. The blood of innocents is a horrible thing to spill, but it was for his continued survival. Besides, they would be considered witnesses if they spoke. If he did not die, then they would. It would be better to further sully his own soul than to have a... well, he wouldn't call them innocent, but a soul who believed that they were doing right have to kill an innocent in the name of their god.

    Kashi never required death. He did not understand why these followers of the dragon needed to kill people to get their powers. Truly, theirs must be a powerful Kashi, but the cost needed to achieve it was too great.

    After seeing the relentlessness of his followers, Shamenakar was greatly joyed to not have joined the Platinum Dragon. It would have hung upon his conscience too much.

    After meditating in the morning sun, searching again for the Kashi of nature and the Kashi of the dragons within him, Shamenakar descended to the bottom floor of the inn to get a cup of tea. Sure, the patrons stared when he first got here, bloodied and exhausted, and with his unique appearance (which he still found shocking, after all these months. The Kashi within the form was formidable. However, he was not yet used to his form, and it still slowed down his reflexes), he caused many curious glances. But in the 3 days he spent there, he hardly merited a glance. Perhaps I should settle down here. The followers of the Platinum Dragon at least have the courtesy of not killing in a public place, and I am surrounded by all of these people. And, hopefully, after seeing me settled down and no longer adventuring, they might leave me alone.

    Yeah, right. They would do anything to find me. That's why I wear my shirt while I sleep, with my sword never leaving my grasp, filled with lethal poisons. The shamans taught me that poison was cowardly, and a thing to be frowned on. Something to kill without skill. However, it lets me survive, no matter how deplorable it is.

    After his conversation, he notices that he had already ordered. He makes sure to try to taste poison as he downs it. That meant that is was time to leave. After his nice cup of tea, he paid his rent and tipped the bartender. He then strolled out to town to begin his job, a lowly shelf stocker in a library of arcane lore. It was not the best job, but it paid for his bread and board, and it was not the worst job in the world. He got to explore new uses of his Kashi in his spare time, and the company of the silent wizard studying their tomes was calming. His inner rage was nulled somewhat. It would never leave him, but it may calm soon. Another good thing about living in the library was that he was always able to pick up when the Platinum Dragon's servants were coming. Then, he would be forced to erase his trail. No word for 3 days, which was always a good sign.
    Last edited by DMofDarkness; 2010-07-24 at 11:14 PM.
    Xykon avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Superglucose
    Spoiler
    Show
    The innkeeper smiles at you, grinning his trademark grin. "Of course, mi'lady. Shall I have room service send for you after an hour's time is up?"


    sciencepanda
    Spoiler
    Show
    The door bangs in response, and you hear talk of 'That damn Psychic again.' There is a small argument, and then you hear stomping outside of your room. A man's voice, rough and angered, yells, "Hold onto your mind, ya damn abnormal."


    DMofDarkness
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you walk, you begin to notice odd looks from people. They look like tourists and newcomers to the city, but you don't pay any mind; they all stare anyways, and they were no one of importance. A few children smile at you, and even more begin to follow after you, looking at your odd form.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned
     
    Superglucose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Politely setting her books aside so she can face the doorman eye-to-eye (or at least as near as an elf female can to a human) with nothing in her arms, she gives him a warm and friendly smile. No thank you, she says, I will simply come down at the end of that time. But I thank you greatly for your consideration... it is truly why I choose to spend my nights here. That and your cook is simply wonderful! Please pass my compliments to him. Then she will politely recuse herself to begin studies.
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2010-07-24 at 11:54 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DMofDarkness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Hm... I have not seen this many people out before. It may be a holiday, or the start of tourist season. But, people work in interesting ways. This may not be coincidence, he thinks. He gets ready to draw his sword in case anyone attacks him, and his tail ready to deflect oncoming attacks.

    However, he would like to stay low-profile. He smiles back at the children, and even releases a small, friendly puff of fire into the air, shaping it's Kashi into the shape of a small, golden version of himself, lasting for a second before fading. He continues on his path. He did not attempt to feel the people's Kashi; such a thing would be impolite in his culture. Nevertheless, he feels the desire to do it. His instincts told of something foreboding, but he dare not act. He continues to the library.
    Last edited by DMofDarkness; 2010-07-25 at 12:08 AM.
    Xykon avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sciencepanda's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The moon. myes.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    "Bah!" spits Wilbur, angered at the guard's uselessness. Immediately, he considers sending one of his constructs out through the crack in the door to mess with them, but decides against it. Anything small enough to fit through the crack would not pose a threat to the guards, and it would only anger them and lead them to sticking him in a worse cell.

    No, he would have to try something else. But eventually, the guards would have to bring him a meal, and then he would take the opportunity.

    He can wait.
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

    Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    IL, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Though it was not cold per say, Marcus felt relatively uncertain of this lands climate - for some reason it felt too stable to him and he kept his clothing fastened tight as he was used to much hotter temperatures during the day and colder at night. Marcus was awake early, mainly because of trying to adjust his sleep schedule having gotten used to traveling at night and resting during the day - and so he unfurled his bedroll to use as a prayer mat and faced the dawn in humbled reverence. "The land, her noises are more abundant..." He adds staring up at the distant dawn. "Which make's this calm all the more disturbing." He thinks until finally the sound returns and the world seems normal again.

    He packed up his campsite and yawned after stretching out. "Best to see if I can find a merchant or someone from the homeland who may be willing to put up with me." Marcus was not a big fan of inn's and was used to accepting and giving hospitality freely when it was appropriate. And overall, it may be better to get an explanation in his own dialect or even the language of halfling's as it was another appropriate language of traders ; It was awkward enough to piece over his own broken words, but to piece together the uncertainties in another's speech when a quick response is appropriate sometimes lead to awkward misunderstandings.

    And so, he returned to the road and headed further into Baelnosh having only recently journeyed in from her borders.
    Last edited by Lothmar; 2010-07-25 at 12:42 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Doctor Acula's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Baal moves outside to the church where he will get morning assignments from his bishop.
    I'm just a frat guy who loves DnD and musical theater

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Superglucose
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I'm assuming you go up to your room. Correct me via PM if I'm wrong.)
    As you walk into your room, and you begin your rituals for the day, something feels different. You set up the incense, the writings and the spells you wish to have ready for today's Lessons, but something in the back of your mind is telling you that something is... different. As you begin reading, you notice some new writing is present in your books.

    It is in a shade of blue that shifts from blue to pink to purple as you watch it. It's writing is not your own, yet you read it all entirely and complete. It mesmerizes you, and you begin to read it in your head, curious as to what it does. You begin to feel panicked, as you realize this spell is what is different. You are reciting it, and you do not know what it does. But as you continue to read it, you know it's name: Scribe of the Blue Dawn.

    [Roll a Will Save vs. Mind Affecting.]


    DMofDarkness
    Spoiler
    Show
    The children squeel in delight at the fire image and it's movements, and scatter away in screams of laughter as it disperses. There are less on-lookers now, less worried faces, but the ones who do look have faces of curiosity; not animosity or disgust.

    You approach the Library. You know it's name is the Library of Hindruil, forged by some of the first Dwarves to inhabit the city of Baelnosh. There are, to date, and according to the Mage who owns and runs it, 17,380,110 books to date, with more than half of them being either Magic-Wrought, Forbidden or Teaching Magic itself. They are kept in the stacks behind the Librarian's office, and only those who can shape magic, or in your case Kashi, can both see and enter through the gateway.

    On the outside, there are images of hundreds of unraveled scrolls, complete with engraved runes, all around the walls. On each corner there stands a pillar, and at the top of each floats a stone elemental symbol. One for air, one for fire, one for water and one for earth. It is unknown what powers each half-ton block of stone, or if the engraved writings of the scrolls are magic or not. None have been detected, but rumors are rumors...


    sciencepanda
    Spoiler
    Show
    The door opens gently, and a woman enters your cell. She is a Gnome, her hair is sand-colored, her eyes are blue and her features strong. She smiles at you, which you assume is from her job training, and holds a tray that has on it a bowl of noodles, some old-looking meat, a mug of brown... sludge, and a half-cut apple. She winks at you, and hands you a slip of paper, with the words 'Baelnosh-ishtriga' on one side, and on the other side it simply says 'In five minutes'. She sets the tray down near your bed, and beams at you as she walks out. As the door shuts, you can see her scowling at the guards.


    Lothmar
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you travel the roads inside the walls to Baelnosh, the marketplace is abundant with overjoyed faces of little folk; the Halflings. Caravans of different hued-clothes have innumerable merchants squawking and harking and screaming that their wares are the best. Their wares are the cheapest. Their wares might be over-priced, but you get what you pay for. As you walk past, you can see little pickpockets darting back and forth behind you. You're a newcomer, and a strange one. They do not approach you, as you notice them whenever they come too close.

    As you travel along, you see a small theater troupe performing some act of tragedy, a puppet-show for kids and even a performing dog. This is the Halfling tier of the Caravans in the walls; what else would you expect?


    Doctor Acula
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you walk outside of the Church, you see a new group of people amongst the Bishops, Templars, other Paladins and Archers. While the Bishops wear their glowing white robes, laced with gold and black-curian silk, the Templars wear White Armor polished to a Holy Sheen, and the other Paladins and Archers, who are of your rank, wear grey and red, these men wear armor and clothing you do not recognize.

    They stand in a loose group, all wearing the same armor; gold full-plate, covering all of their bodies. The plates link in a way you have not seen before, almost like they are one moving piece, and helmets are in the shape of beast heads. They are talking with who you recognize as Archbishop Denifold, who acts as your mentor and holy guide. He is smiling, but you can tell it is a practiced, forced smile. He looks at you as you walk outside onto the Church Courtyard, and beckons you to come over.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned
     
    Superglucose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Spoiler
    Show

    OOC:Is it an Enchantment effect? If yes, add an additional 2
    (1d20+9)[10]

    EDIT: Never mind. STUPID DICE ROLLER!
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2010-07-25 at 01:47 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DMofDarkness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Walking amongst the runes that he found familiar, even though he was only here for 2 days, the library had an inherent sense of home. Walking past the runes, feeling comfortable with their simple elemental Kashi, he enters the library. It was a place of peace and learning, which was appealing to his tumultuous soul, for some reason. The Kashi of the place was subtle, gentle, and guiding. Just like the homes of the shamans who recognized his gifts, and taught him how to shape his Kashi.

    He enters the back room, and starts sorting and alphabetizing books. He divides them into piles based on their rune (which marks their section), and alphabetizes those with the same runes, as per the customs of the library. Shamenakar did not know why, but he was comfortable with his job. After sorting the returned books, he carries the load to the shelves with his enormous strength (on of the reasons he got the job), and begins restocking th shelves.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kashi is magic. Kashi is just what the people of his tribe named the energy.
    Last edited by DMofDarkness; 2010-07-25 at 01:56 PM.
    Xykon avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sciencepanda's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The moon. myes.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Having expected to be manhandled yet again by the guards, Wilbur is totally taken aback by this gnome woman. Turning the paper over in his hands, he tries to make sense of the message.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Does he know what ishtriga means?
    Knowledge (Nobles and Royalty) check, in case that helps: (1d20+3)[6]


    As soon as he has every minute aspect of it memorized, he swallows the paper, to prevent it from being used as evidence against him. He follows this up by diving into his meal, swallowing it all in enormous gulps. It's no squirrel stew, he thinks, but I suppose it will have to do.
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

    Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    IL, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Markus can understand the situation at hand, in fact it's children like these that are one of the reasons his eyes and ears are so attuned to trouble - every bizarre had some. However acting without reasonable proof of such misdeed's would be to act in tyranny, besides he didn't need to draw the kind of attention to himself apprehending these children would bring. So long as he did not catch them in the act or if they did not personally wrong him with their thieving ways - he would not involve himself personally.

    However, a stern warning to make sure they kept their activities away from him wouldn't hurt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As I walk around the bizarre, every time I catch one of the kid's coming to close to me I stare at them for a moment before continuing on. DC 16 or shaken via Daunting presence. I take it this contributes to why they mostly leave me alone.


    Finding one of the thrift stands he'll look around, attempting to mix and match outfits he likes - or clothing he can tolerate. After all, it would be nice to have a few changes of clothes so that he wouldn't have to keep washing the same one's every few days. Finding the halfling clothes salesman at the counter or stand he inquires in their trade language "Excuse me, I would like to purchase these five sets of clothes." He adds setting the clothes onto the counter
    Spoiler
    Show
    equivalent of a peasants outfit.
    "Also, you wouldn't happen to have a decent bucket or tub and some other minor odds and ends for laundry at hand or know a good place I can have it done?" Marcus asked hoping he'd receive a discount buying all his goods at one store or at least find a place he could do it himself, but was willing to shop around further if he couldn't get the bucket, scrub grate, some hanging wire and the clothing for less then two gold.
    Spoiler
    Show
    all that would be about 1.5 G out of the book. But I figure there's going to be markup and haggling.


    If everything goes fine and he acquires everything he's looking for he'll find a place to sit with his back to the wall, checking to make sure there's no hole's or loose stones that small hands can reach through before setteling down to casually watching the show ahead of him. He organizes his backpack making room for the new clothes and tieing the laundry bucket and things to the outside of the backpack with some rope until he feel's it's relatively secure.

    Spoiler
    Show
    [Roll]1d20+4[/roll] - Use rope untrained.
    Last edited by Lothmar; 2010-07-25 at 02:50 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Superglucose (ohgodohgodohgodohgod)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The spell fills up your mind and sigils fill the air around you. You would panic but... it all seems so... good. You cast aloud the words, and you feel a little bit... faster. Smarter, as if your worries are over. You begin preparing the rest of your spells as normal, but make a note to tell your overseers and mentors about it later.

    DMofDarkness
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you put the books in place, you sense a... mental earthquake, as you think of it. Your world becomes loose and shaky, but only for a moment, before you regain your normal mental status.

    Spoiler
    Show
    [Make a Knowledge: Arcana roll if you got it, as well as a Spot check.]


    You finish shelving the books, and as you return to where you were previously stacking, you notice that there are more books, with a note attached that says: 'Thanks for the help - Couldn't do it without you.'


    sciencepanda
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Aaaahahahahahah, you rolled a three. ]
    [This will be retro-editing, by the way.]
    As you pick up the bowl of noodles, as it leaves proximity of the tray, it's appearance changes from simple boiled noodles to pasta, which contains pieces of chicken, beef and some herb which smells of fire. Out of curiosity, you pick up the cup and the meat as well. The meat turns into a leg of some sort of large bird, freshly cooked. And the cup looks like it's filled with a honey substance.


    Lothmar
    Spoiler
    Show
    After some haggling, and after the poor woman is... frightened by you, she offers to sell you the supplies, and the clothes, for two gold if you promise 'Not to scare the children like this'.

    You find a spot, against the inner-side of the second wall tiers, and begin to watch a play entitled 'The King In Yellow', while you organize your new items and gear.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DMofDarkness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    For something to shake his mind like that- it was not natural. There was Kashi ringing in his mind and ears after the disruption, but he could not identify the kind of Kashi it was. He looks around, and hopes to find something that might make sense of what happened.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[10]+2 (spot)

    After reading the note, he is puzzled. He writes back on the other side of it, "What did I help you do?" and then he walks out of the room with the books, looking over their topics, and then entering the room again, and sorting the books, while seeing if there was a response on the note.
    Last edited by DMofDarkness; 2010-07-25 at 04:32 PM.
    Xykon avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    IL, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    'Oh so I have to scare them in other ways?' He thinks to himself ironically with a smirk after he begrudgingly accepts the trade, knowing full well what she means and will promise not to actively try and scare them - but such a promise is almost as convincing as a suspicious person telling you they're not suspicious.

    "Hmm, did I read this story somewhere before?" He ponders observing the play before him with varying interest dependent on whether he knows the story and how well it's performed, as well as if it's performed accurately.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+4)[6]Use rope
    (1d20+3)[14]Knowledge - Arcana, Religion, Nobility - if any apply to knowing this play/story.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned
     
    Superglucose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    After preparing her spells, she finishes eating. Then she uses a Prestidigitation spell to clean off the plates and clean herself up before heading for work. She walks down, carrying her bag around her shoulders like a purse. The first thing she does is deliver the cleaned plates to the man running the inn. Thank you so much for the meal, she says, as usual it is a pleasure! With that, the elf waves goodbye and walks out the door.


    Heading down the street, she arrives at the University with about an hour to spare before her first class of the day. The first thing she does is head into the library and do a bit of studying over her books, looking for any hint of the spell that had affected her that morning.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Knowledge Arcana (1d20+15)[29]
    Knowledge Religion (1d20+15)[32]
    Spellcraft (1d20+20)[23]


    After that she'll enter her Master's office. Master, I have a concern. You see, this morning there was a spell that affected me. She describes the spell, and ends with, So I am not sure... it felt good, but perhaps I am being controlled by an outside source?

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sciencepanda's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The moon. myes.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    "Oh..so now they're messing with my food are they..." grumbles Wilbur, "Well, I'll show them, I will."

    Rummaging through his beard, he pulls out an elongated blue crystal, and places it on the floor. Concentrating, he uses it to psychically spy on the guards, and hopefully the mysterious woman, outside his door.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dorjes of Clairvoyant Sense, 1 charge used up
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

    Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Doctor Acula's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    I walk over to the Archbishop, kneel and bow my head before saying respectfully "Yes milord?"
    I'm just a frat guy who loves DnD and musical theater

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    DMofDarkness
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice that one of the books you hold, third from the bottom, is unlike the others. It's bindings are older, and it's lettering is a foil of some sort of metal... blue, in it's hue. It entrances you, and you hear an almost soft hum the longer you look at it. You set the books down, and pick this one up gingerly, almost like you would hold a baby, and look at the cover. It's writing is old, but the message it has on the front is clear: How To Start A Blue Dawn.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll a Will Save vs. Mind Affecting Enchantment. 19 is a Save.


    Lothmar
    Spoiler
    Show
    While you do not know the play, the Actors are quite skilled. You learn, through observation, that the scene taking place is known as 'Cassilda's Song', and is quite early in the show.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Along the shore the cloud waves break,
    The twin suns sink beneath the lake,
    The shadows lengthen
    In Carcosa.
    Strange is the night where black stars rise,
    And strange moons circle through the skies
    But stranger still is
    Lost Carcosa.
    Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
    Where flap the tatters of the King,
    Must die unheard in
    Dim Carcosa.
    Song of my soul, my voice is dead;
    Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed
    Shall dry and die in
    Lost Carcosa.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a listen check.


    Superglucose
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane: You know that the spell is a sort of scrying spell when first cast, but then acts as a spell of the Transmutation school. Roll a Spellcraft check to see if you can determine the effects.
    Knowledge: You know it links back to the Cultist Attack of the tales the Town Guard tells, but by name alone.

    The old man behind the desk smiles at you through old and crooked teeth; an honest smile, as you've come to known. He looks at you, a glow in his eyes. It's unlike what you've seen before. Normally, when casting his spells for demonstration and for practice, his eyes would have a white sheen to them. But as he looks at you... they're bright purple. "I was wondering where I had placed that spell..." He drifts off, still looking in your direction... but not at you. His eyes are out of focus, and his head begins to shift back and forth on his neck. He looks back at you, resuming his smile that he had lost while he was in his... trance. "Dear, dear Soraya, would you do me a favor? Please go to the Hindruil Library. You'll find a... a Dragon-man, and he shall be holding a very bad, bad book. Would you please retrieve it for me?"


    sciencepanda
    Spoiler
    Show
    Through the Crystals Power, your vision moves rapidly switching from in your room, to out into the corridor beyond it. The peripheral sights are crystallized, almost as if through seeing through shattered glass. You see the Gnome yelling at the guard directly in front of what you know as your door. "He en't a Prisoner, and I'm the Assistant Cook. I'm allowed to feed him what bloody hell I want, it en't any of youron business, Bertrand!" She looks red in the face, and the guard she is addressing looks annoyed. "Preesha, he's only here because Captain Ibal wants to make sure we have a good Mind-User when they come." "They be no such thing! It's all non-sense! The Blue Dawn en't comin' back. They wen't even here to begin with! Ye just be keepin' him here cause you are afraid of your own stories!"


    Doctor Acula
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archbishop Denifold smiles tentatively, and moves his jaw in a way you recognize as a sign of caution. "Baal, my boy, these men are from the High Exarch Retreat of St. Cuthbert, from the Shorehighs of the West. They've come to ask you something. Templar Urai'th?"

    A man, massive as any stone tower, stands up from the group of golden clad Templars. His helmet is in the visage of a great demon which bears no similarity to one you have seen before in stories, images, phantasms or nightmares. It's eyes are mouths which seem to speak vile things, it's nose nothing more than a smooth surface, and its ears as warped and sharp as a saw-blade of a lumber-mill. It's mouth, which hangs open, is the only reassurance that there is in fact a man inside. The mouth bears hundreds of, what appear to be, talons. Inside the mouth is a strong chin, with a beard of dark crimson hair. "Hello, Baal. We are Templars of the Righteous Hand, and we come to greet you, and to enlist your service. Come, walk with me." He pats you on the shoulder, with a large hand almost as wide as your thigh, and walks down the courtyard path into the Chapel Gardens.

    Roll a Spot check.


    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does anyone mind all the fluff I give? I like doing it, but I know I sometimes get carried away.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned
     
    Superglucose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Spoiler
    Show

    ooc: I was going to ask about how much fluff I would be allowed to add.
    (1d20+20)[37] Spellcraft to determine effects.


    Slightly puzzled at the seemingly lack of trust, Soraya betrays none of this and continues smiling. A... dragon man? Do you have a description? After hearing a description she will leave right a way to head to the library, internally concerned that she might be late for her first class. After all, teaching these introductory classes lays the framework for all future work in the school of Abjuration, and it was very important to Soraya that she teach her charges well... and part of this, she felt, was an importance on punctuality.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DMofDarkness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Spoiler
    Show
    I prepare my invocation (unstoppable(will)) before going to the library every day, mind you. I don't trust mages, because they could learn secrets from his mind; like his ritual. And he doesn't want anyone persecuted because of him. I would like to take 10 on the check (which would give me 19), but if not...
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[1]+4 (base will)+5(cha mod from unstoppable(will))

    He feels a soothing Kashi emanate from the book, trying to lure him in...

    The Kashi embraced his mind, entering his thoughts and making him peaceful in his mind. This book has an interesting Kashi. I should get around to reading it... he thinks, entering the room again, sitting down and starting to read the book. As he starts, a word comes to mind. Perhaps the book had some arcane knowledge that it instilled within me. He then utters the word, Shaelaetum'de'eshkatunaar. Scarcely after the words left his lips, he heard a voice saying, Sir, I was sent to find a 'dragon-man' who works at this library. May I speak to him? Shamenakar, hearing this, hastily stores the book, and then realizes that no one should know of the book. He melds his Kashi into a barrier around his mind (using the invocation 'unstoppable(will)', and then walks out of the room, saying, I think I am the man of whom you speak. What would you want of me?, while thinking, This man is asking for me. Perhaps there was more evidence that the followers of the Platinum Dragon have caught up to me. I must be ready to fight or run, but if this is just an ordinary citizen, then I shouldn't scare him.

    Superglucose:
    You see a stout, strong looking man whose skin was made of jet-black scales, sleek and shining. He has a tail, swaying back and forth, and enormous black wings. Across his body, swirling golden insignias sweep across his skin, reminiscent of dragons in flight, merging into each other. These consolidate to the end of his tail (a good 3 inches or so), which is thicker than the rest of the tail. The designs are most intricate on the wings- swirling patterns of gold mesmerizing to the eye. They unfurl while he speaks, showing their undersides, and the epic designs within. He seems both beautiful and terrifying, and has the look of being invulnerable to harm.
    Last edited by DMofDarkness; 2010-07-25 at 10:45 PM.
    Xykon avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Doctor Acula's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Baal follows Templar Urai'th cautiously, unsure of who these men are. He looks around cautiously while toungeing his own pointed teeth, causing him to bleed in his mouth. The taste is good and comforts him enough for him to think rationally, he uses Detect Evil on the Templars while walking.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot check:(1d20+9)[21]

    Knowledge religon to see if I know anything about the templars alread:(1d20+11)[12]
    I'm just a frat guy who loves DnD and musical theater

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sciencepanda's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The moon. myes.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    At this first part, Wilbur can not help but smile. So I may have an ally here. This could prove...useful. However, the second part puts him at alert. He is not familiar with whatever "the Blue Dawn" is, but it does not sound promising. And it sounded like they will try to put him to work there. He certainly does not like the sound of that.

    He puts away his crystal promptly devours his meal. By the look of things, he will need to keep up his strength.
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

    Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    DMofDarkness
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have not said anything about preparing the invocation.
    And yes you... you have failed that roll.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DMofDarkness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

    Spoiler
    Show
    For future reference, assume that he prepares that at the beginning of every day from now. Reflecting the results on my post. Again.


    superglucose: we now have character interactions.
    Last edited by DMofDarkness; 2010-07-25 at 10:45 PM.
    Xykon avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •