New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

Spoiler
    Show
    Good to have you aboard! I'm sure we'll get along swimmingly.

"Hm" snorts Wilbur, "Well, at least it's intact. I don't know about you lot, but I'm heading inside."
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Markus pauses to set down the body of the 'possessed' mage as he circles his neck and rotates his shoulders - slightly sore from carrying the extra load this entire way. However, his comfort hopefully attended to he re-shoulders the body and proceeds to look for a captain or officer to talk to.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Markus finds an officer willing to listen, he will explain as follows.
    "This man was, 'possessed?' in a sense by whatever this force is." He adds in reference to the blue dawn phenomenon in general but implying 'from the beginning' not 'possessed recently/in his presence. "In the fight though, he controlled a number of the enemy birds and kept going on about something akin to 'Emperors Decree'. We visited the academy, but it was gone - so i've brought him here in hopes that some mage of the guard or the royal mage's might be able to discern some information from the study of an intelligent enemy." He adds comparing this man to the bestial blue dawn creatures, having at least a semblance of intelligence and possible authority.
    --------
    If the soldiers are too busy/seem to ignore him, he will continue inside following the others in his company while shouldering the body. Most likely obtaining someone's attention at that point to confer the above...

And, sounding official etc.
    Diplomacy(1d20+12)[23]
    Last edited by Lothmar; 2010-08-26 at 11:47 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Banned

Soraya gives a grin at the Dwarf, all his past transgressions seemingly forgiven as she says, You speak sense, Master Dwarf. I would prefer to be indoors as well, the sounds of these pitched battles are distressing.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

"Aye, the sooner we get inside, the sooner we can get this mess sorted out." Anthony takes a minute to look around, trying to see if he can see where if there's a central place where the citizens of Baelnosh have fled. And I've got a few things to ask His Highness as well...

Anthony notices Markus put down the body of the mage. He puts his bow back in his quiver. "You need any help with that?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+12)[27]
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #185

"No no, I should be fine." Markus adds waving akwardly with one hand as he catches the body that slipped slightly because he bothered to wave-respond.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Anthony gives a small shrug. "Well, alright then. Shouldn't be too much farther anyhow."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone excluding DA and DMoD
    Spoiler
    Show
    You walk further along in the High Palace grounds, and eventually you come across what looks like a Commander of sorts leading a squadron on patrol around the grounds. He's very tall and strong of build in appearance, and his Helmet marks him as a Veteran from the marks and dents made along the helm. Upon looking at the corpse, and hearing what Markus says, he crouches down to the body. "You get his book and item of power?"
    Just finding my roots again.

8. - Top - End - #188

"Uncertain... The book is in the elves possession, everything else I simply kept on his person." Markus adds not knowing what the 'item of power' could be.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone but DA and DMoD
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man shakes his head, and looks at Markus. "No, see, these guys? Always got something to help fuel the control over the mind in some cases, or to just help fuel their powers, if they were already loyal. Its a crystal or a mask or a skull or somethin', typically."

10. - Top - End - #190

"Should I be asking how exactly you know so much about them?" Interjects Wilbur.
    Campaign:

Characters:

11. - Top - End - #191

Spoiler
    Show
    I dont think anyone specifically said they took the mask, if not I said I carried the mage and his things - so I figure I would have probably just picked up the mask and tucked it in his belt/robes or something. Thus why I said "The book is in the elves possession, everything else I simply kept on his person."

Anyway, its time for bed and im too lazy to go back and look for now.
    I'll take a ten on searching his person.

"Hmm..." Markus mutters thinking that sounded familiar as he tries to remember where he may have put it. "Well he was wearing a mask," He mutters while grumbling about where he could have put it.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Banned

Soraya steps forward and shows the mask. I took it into my possession in accordance with his dying wish. It is my preference, of course, that his wish be fulfilled, but if you have solid reason for me to relinquish this mask to you then I will gladly do so.

Spoiler
    Show

I can't remember if I got a book from him or not... I do remember taking that mask. Is this the book that our half-dragon ran off with?

14. - Top - End - #194
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The book that the high mage asked for- it's mine.

The spellbook of the wizard- that's yours.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Anthony stepped in. "To answer the question, yes we got his book and power item, sir. We're trying to find his Majesty, as the dwarf here says he summoned all of us."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

To all but DMoD and DA
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I've been fighting these things since I was a pup, dwarf." The man says, a face of amusement plainly showing. "And I'll be fighting them until I die, which might very well be today, by the sounds of the fight going on." He turns to Anthony, and sighs in relief. "Okay, thats good. Keep it. If you're Wilbur's group, like I'm pretty sure you are, you need to head off to the High Palace-" He points to the large building. "Right away."

ZombyWoof
    Spoiler
    Show
    No. Different book, as DMoD said.

17. - Top - End - #197

With a snort of indifference, Wilbur begins making his way up the tall building.
    Campaign:

Characters:

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Anthony thanks the man respectfully and follows after Wilbur.

19. - Top - End - #199

"Shame; I'd hoped he would have been more helpful." Markus adds taking a knee and seeing to the bodies final details as he makes sure the eyes are closed and his arms are crossed. "Im sorry to be a burden, but could you have someone handle this from here?" He adds in reference to the body knowing that he should go, but doesn't wish to simply leave his opponent on the ground without even an attempt at a service.

If he feels or is assured that the body will be handled with respect, he will perform a quarter bow and thank the commander before rejoining his associates. If he's told they are to busy or feel's they will handle the corpse in poor taste since it is an enemy, he'll inquire where they're sending their casualties and will take the body there to perform a hasty service, a cremation with what little firewood and lamp oil he has remaining if necessary.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone but DMoD
    Spoiler
    Show
    The four of you make your way to the building, large and magnificent in both size and design, and walk through already open doors. You find yourselves in a large chamber, rectangular in size. On both sides of the room are doorways leading off to, what you assume, are smaller rooms. Pillars stand at set intervals in the room, stretching far, far back. The far, far wall has large windows and openings, looking out onto the city, and right before that is a large throne on a pedestal, rising ten feet off the ground. In the middle of the room, however, is a large table, with small statues and figurines, representing what looks like Baelnosh, and the armies surrounding it. Around the table stands half a dozen men with magical auras glowing off of them, and a man in large armor, directing them with instructions on plans of attack.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you do not have any more interest in this campaign, please say so now.
    Doctor Acula has dropped out due to lack of his continued interest.
    I'll leave it to you to vote whether or not to get a replacement for him, or to continue this PbP.

21. - Top - End - #201

Wilbur lumbers his way into the view of the figures.

"'Ey!" he shouts, "Would you happen to mind telling us just why in the nine flippin' hells you called us here?!"
    Campaign:

Characters:

22. - Top - End - #202

Markus tries to suppress a soughed laugh at Wilbur's lack of etiquette in this situation and lowers his head so his face is less obvious that he is trying to suppress a slight bit of laughter. "Now, now, lets not be rude to the war council - they're busy, im sure someone will see to us in time." He adds trying to calm the dwarf at his side.

After a few seconds Markus feels better and straightens his face as he takes a knee, resting his elbow on said knee and holding his arm across his chest with a slightly bowed head. "The Audience is appreciated, hopefully we can be less formal considering the severity of the situation."

'That and the fact that I don't know all of this kingdoms customs very well...'

"So, how can we be of service?"
    Last edited by Lothmar; 2010-09-19 at 09:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Anthony stands at attention, wincing at his companion's...lack of discipline.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone but DMoD
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man in the armor turns from the others, waving off one of them about to say something in protest. He looks at all of you, doing a once over of each of you individually. He cracks a smile at Wilbur's manner, and sighs. "Hello. I am Bael' Norrock, ruler of Baelnosh. You are the guard that was sent for me? You seem to be... two short."

[[Everyone roll a Spot Check.]]

25. - Top - End - #205

Markus gives a respectful nod when Bael introduces himself. "That is, uncertain?" Markus adds as if unsure of how to word the response to this statement like question of them being the guards that were sent for him.

"I would certainly consider such a position so as to not cause strife between our people, but im certain at least I was never asked to perform such duties... Or do you mean we were selected by whoever created this apparatus?" He asks inquiring about the tracking system Wilbur was entrusted with, making certain this king understands he is no subject of his but will respect his authority in his lands.

Unfortunately Markus had no idea how many they were truly supposed to have in their company and did not fully understand the current situation, so was not about to address the missing members issue as of yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot(1d20+14)[34]

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Anthony bows respectfully. "It is an honor sir. I am...". He pauses, struggling to find the proper word. "...confused as well. The dwarf only mentioned you summoning us." He glances to the side to glare at Wilbur. "As for missing people, I'm sure the dwarf could explain."

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+12)[16]

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [[For those of you who got above a 15, you notice Shamenakar flying towards the palace. He looks mildly injured.]]

"There was to be a... man of Draconic appearance amongst you, a being known as Shamenakar. And another man, a Tiefling, known as Baal. Do you know where the two of them are?"The man says, the effort of remembering showing on his face.

28. - Top - End - #208

"Well, I assume your archers shall soon know where this, Shamenaker(?) is..." Markus adds with a slight clearing of his throat as he gestures with his eyes.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Firbolg in the Playground

Seeing the assembly at the palace, Shamenakar glides down towards them, descending in a slow spiral until he alights just behind the party. Having heard the conversation about Baal in the air, he grimaces, and says, Baal is dead. He was torn apart by a dragon-like beast. He... took a massive blow to the shoulder, and then he was down. After this, I managed to kill the beast, but it was too late. Baal died protecting another, as a paladin should. He raises his head in a silent, meaningful gesture of thanks, and then once again returns his focus to the concentration. He died a good death. These opponents are not to be underestimated. We need to work together if we want to stop them. I don't know about you, but I have a hunch that they will only be getting stronger after this. The creature I saw was just hatched from an... egg sac, and it came in several parts. They would mix together, and kept on forming more powerful forms. The longer this "blue dawn" lasts, the enemy will have more time to hatch eggs, making new recruits, and already potent warriors much stronger. Much as I would just like to ignore this battle, and survive elsewhere, this is going to be too big to do so. I may be able to avoid the Platinum Church, but this is going to be much harder to avoid. And one day, they may be unstoppable. The best thing we can do is nip this in the bud. Do you, as of now, have a plan to stop this?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

After Shamenakar finishes, Anthony turns to speak to Bael. He seems completely unfazed by the news of Baal's death. "It looks like everyone's here who will be here, sir. I'd also like to know what you had in mind for us."