New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default To boldly go where no maid has gone before! MTTaS

You stand on the bridge of an All-purpose Space Ship, being briefed on your next mission by your commander. All around you shiny gizmos and buttons beep and whir. The commander stands in front of a projector screen, currently displaying the IRS' logo. Commander Tanigawa is a beautiful woman, wearing a navy blue uniform and cap. Long pink hair is pulled into a ponytail.

"Alright everybody, I see both old faces and some new ones. Your first mission will be to travel to this planet." She presses a button on a remote control; the screen changes to a shot of a greenish yellow planet. "The foliage will provide cover while you look around for the hideouts of these two less-than-gentlemen." She presses the button again, and an image of two men appears on the screen. They both have blond hair and would be identical, if it were not for the fact that one clearly worked out more than the other, being muscled rather than skinny. "These are Sato Kyo and Sato Kyou." She coughs. "That was not a mistake, they just have very confusing names. Regardless, the two are wanted for theft and murder, and are considered highly dangerous; do not engage. We believe that they are hiding out in one of the many caves on the planet. Once you have found them send a radio transmission back to the ship so we can contain them. Is that all understood?" She asks, raising an eyebrow at the lower-ranking individuals arranged before her.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: To boldly go where no maid has gone before! MTTaS

Kari Passerine

Kari nods her head, almost enough to bang it on the table. Mmhmm. She smiles in affirmation, and the antennae at the top of the little girl's black hair tweaks as if it had a mind of its own. Her wings born of SCIENCE! are currently not displayed.

"So, KyouKyo Sato are secretive? Then how do we know what cave they're in?" Kari tilts her head slightly to one side. "We could look in calcite covered caves for a Kalpa and still not cover every cave on a rock planet."
    Last edited by Verlaufen; 2010-07-29 at 05:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

"Brandi"

At least one of the Agents stands at almost rigid attention, though it's difficult to tell if this is on purpose or not. The android agent wears a navy uniform with short cut vermilion hair that doesn't get in the way of her metallic eyes. She's a bit on the short side, almost looking like a pre-teen if it wasn't for her...developed figure that her modest uniform tries to downplay.

"Is there any dangerous fauna or foliage that we should take note of, Brandi asks in a concerned voice." comes the flat and calm voice, like the sort of emotionless tone one would expect to hear coming from a machine operator at a call center, "And I assume that we are to run if confronted by Kyo or Kyou, Brandi says with quiet confidence in her answer."

Head swiveling about, the battle ready android looks at the other agents, appraising them with numerous sensors to try and determine battle readiness.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #4

Commander Tanigawa

Tanigawa nods, a smile on her face. "Very good questions you two." She takes a small device with an antenna from a table next to her. "The planet is low tech, and the natives keep mostly to themselves. You should have no difficulty in tracking down any electrical or radio signals."

She then turns to face Brandi, feeling an unexplainable urge to cross her arms over her own chest. "The planet is underdeveloped, Unlike the robot in front of her. "and we have little information about it. From our first scans, no. There are no dangerous foliage. As for fauna, the natives will stay away from you, but they seem to be attracted to light. So you can avoid them by traveling by day, and sleeping at night."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Brunhild likewise stood straight at attention next to Brandi trying to mimic her seriousness. The princess wore an all white version of the standard issue uniform which was in pristine condition and had her hair combed back as usual. She didn't really know what to ask so she decided to remain silent.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-07-29 at 08:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari Passerine

Attracted to light? well then in that case, shouldn't the radio signals from KyouKyo Sato b- oh, you meant visible light..." Kari's smile fades slightly (and only slightly) as she realizes her idea doesn't work. On the plus side, though, she might soon grow to love her name for the scientists.

"So we drop on to the planet. Rocky, I suppose, and a few times bigger than earth? I can't remember any details from a briefing about that. Regardless, we drop down, find EMS signals, confirm them, report back, and a second drop team apprehends them?" She laughs a bit, somewhere between a mad scientist's laugh and a little girl's giggle. "Then, this shouldn't be too hard."
    Last edited by Verlaufen; 2010-07-29 at 08:37 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Meredith

Meredith stood in a more relaxed stance, her blue uniform tidy, but not impecable. She adjusted her glasses while asking:"What should we do if flee before we find them?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Next to Meredith, stand a girl half human, half feline and half asleep, wich is as biologicaly improbable as it is mathematicaly wrong but, hey, you wanna make something out of it ?
    Yeah didn't thougth so.

A vague twitch and a scratch of an ear indicate that she just forced herself to attention. For now, she doesn't have anything to say. From what she understand of this boring brifeing, the 'mission' is going to consist in finding two men hidden in a cave by having other people looking at instument and then give a phone call.
    ITalk about excitement.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-07-30 at 04:10 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

9. - Top - End - #9

Tanigawa

Tanigawa looks at Kari with a smile. "You are correct, Kari. It's a foolproof plan, we hope." She squints a bit as she looks at all the agents. "As for if they flee... Your mission will last a week. After that, if you have no luck, we will simply move on to another planet, we have our espionage division on it."

(+1d6 favor to someone who can come up with a good acronym for the espionage division OOC.)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari Passerine

Kari looks around the table, noticing in particular a catgirl (perhaps the work of SCIENCE? She hoped so.), and once more taking mental note of the robot. I'm sure she's nothing like that other one...

Her quick survey of the table brings her back to the commander. Kari returns the commander's smile with one of her own. "So, Miss Tanigawa, when do we get to leave? A minute, an hour, a day?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

A small girl looks up from a computer and rises, bowing to Tanigawa. Her freckles make her look a lot younger than she probably is. Her brown eyes are soulful and sad and her hair is cut in a short, military style. She's in full uniform. A serial number is prominently branded on her neck, marking her as a slave of the government. Her mouth is concealed by a black silk scarf, which she speaks through.

Understood Commander. Nora will travel with the others to the ugly yellow planet. She will try her best to sniff out the criminal scum. She won't bite them. If she can't find them, then we will be S.O.L. I mean- she'll let S.O.L* take over. She then looks at the ground, standing listlessly.

*S.O.L - Special Observation Legion
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2010-07-30 at 05:05 PM.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Brandi

Brandi notes her commander's odd behavior, scrolling through various responses to the situation that would diffuse possible attention with the superior at a later time.

"*Click**Click**Click*...Commander Tanigawa, I wish to reassure you that I was not staring at your chest. Brandi says a bit sheepishly." Yeah, right. Her stare was just as flat as ever and it didn't waver from the commander either. "I am merely checking for combat preparedness....You did quite well. Brandi says, hoping to diffuse the tension."

Then the...'over-developed' android stops, more then a couple sentences after she should have, hoping against hope that Tanigawa accepted her innocent explanation for her unblinking stare. And that the commander would become distracted enough that she could filch the shiny looking pen she had spied on the ground. It caught the light so wonderfully. She just had to grab it!

I fear my manner programs are not up-to-date.

Finally her attention turns to Brunhild, the white (and she wore so much white) princess' imitation earning a perplexed look from Brandi. Was she...being imitated?

"Do we know what Kyo/Kyou have done to fortify themselves? Brandi asks to avoid unpleasant thoughts." she says blatantly, casting another glance at Brunhild.

Spoiler
    Show
    Luck (To keep from ticking off the commander): (1d6x5)[5]
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #13

Tanigawa

The commander looks at Kari. "After the briefing you will be sent down to the planet. Unfortunately, because of safety concerns, we only allow six people to go down in the pod." She raises an eyebrow at Brandi as she steps on the pen to ensure that the robot would not pick it up. "We do not have a clue what sort of defenses they may have made, but your sensors should give you a general idea. Now, for the business of the pods, thankfully you do not need to breathe. We can stick you on the outside of the pod." She says with somewhat of a cruel smile. "It should not get too hot. Now, are there any more questions, concerns, or comments before we begin?"
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2010-07-30 at 09:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari nods her head, the antennae of her hair surprisingly not being thrown out of place. "Nope, no questions."

"Actually... I don't know who everyone here is. I'd like to have a nice understanding of everyone with whom I'm working. I'm Kari Passerine, and I've only been with the agency for a little bit, after a biological experiment. She shifts from being professional to childish once more. "I hope working with all of you will be fun," she says with a laugh and a smile.
    Last edited by Verlaufen; 2010-07-30 at 11:33 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Meredith

"I'm Meredith, by the way, I'm also recently employed by the agency, being in need to pay some debts."States her as she is adjusting a nearby vase so that it is place exactly in the middle of it's stand.The mention of the debts doesn't take her smile of her face, as if she's used to that idea.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2010-07-30 at 09:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes. Who's going down in the pods?"

Alicia had been quietly observing at the side. She was new here and this job hadn't really seemed like what she expected. Still, it could be worse. Uncertain about the dangers of the mission, yet curious as to what could happen, she spoke up, not really sure whether she was hoping to go or not.

Taking a quick count of the ones around, she suddenly realised that with Brandi on the outside, there would be enough space. Still, it seemed kind of cruel. Oh well, I guess I'll pass up this mission if I have to. It's better than sticking someone on the outside of the pod during re-entry.On the other hand...there would probably be enough space. She was joking right?
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2010-07-30 at 10:22 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nora gives Kari a shy glance. Nora is... me. I belong to the government. I will do as I'm told and be a good girl and help out however I can.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"Good ! what are we waitin for then ?!" Mina shake herself shwoing just how much pins and needles she has in her legs. Obviously she's just itching for somme action, even if it's somme borring stalking. "If it's just finding a couple of guys with somme high ech equipement, I have no idea what use I'll be there though."
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-07-31 at 10:07 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari Passerine

Kari just smiles and nods as the group introduce themselves, keeping her questions about backgrounds to herself. Servitude? Debt? I guess we all have a past... doesn't mean they're not good people!

"I've got plenty of experience with machines of most uses. This is really only one step harder than using an RFID. I'm sure there will be a use for all of us, though!"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia listened carefully to what the others have to say, but it wasn't all that informative. Well, my turn I suppose

"Hi, everyone, my name is Alicia. I'm here to look for someone. In the meantime, I'm just here for the ride. I'm not that good with machines. You see, I don't really come from a very high tech society, so I guess I'll just be tagging along as an observer."

21. - Top - End - #21

Tanigawa

The Commander turns off the projector screen and picks up the pen underneath her boot, tucking it away into the pocket of her shirt."Yes, yes, you will all have plenty of time to get acquainted on the trip down. But right now we're wasting engine fuel. Everybody, dismissed." Tanigawa salutes to them as she walks away, muttering something about hiring standards.

The agents should all know that the pods are down the closest hallway and to the left. Their orders are to get their butts down to the planet and go find the criminals. Time to go!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Brandi

The petite android girl salutes crisply, wisely keeping her mouth shut for now, and turns on a pin to leave the briefing room and go in search of the shuttle for the ride down. Part of her dreaded to find out if the Commander had been serious about riding on the outside of the shuttle...the part was dreadfully confused about what she had done to offend the woman in the first place.

"I'm worried she may have been serious, Brandi says off-hand to the pale girl." comes the soft whisper to Brunhilde as the android marched off towards the shuttle.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Brunhild returned her commander's salute and followed Brandi to the specified area. As she did so she sped up a bit to walk side by side with the anxious robot and then matched her pace. "I don't really know anything about her but I don't think she's a bad person. Even if she is there are probably rules against treating sentient beings in such a way, artificial or not. I'd volunteer to take your place just in case but I don't think that would work out very well." She desperately hoped everything would go as smoothly as their superior said it would. Her rookie status made completing a mission plenty satisfying enough to not need any surprises during it. Having one of her fellow agents subjected to atmospheric reentry didn't sound like a good start.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-07-31 at 06:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari Passerine

Kari walks briskly towards the pod, though in no way in a business like manner. She thinks of asking one of the interesting people on the ship, like the cat girl, what exactly she was, but figured the only possible way for that would be through the use of science, of course! She instead just walks, not thinking of anything about which to strike up conversation.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia went to her room, grabbed her backpack, and on second thoughts, her Starstreak Missile System and 4 rounds of munitions as well, before walked briskly back down the corridor. Well, time to go. Business calls.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari Passerine

Kari looks over at Alicia with a slight bit of suspicion. whether the subject was good or bad, talking was talking. She taps Alicia on the shoulder, a hard task for someone of her stature. "Excuse me, why do you have those missiles?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Meredith will leisurely walk towards the pods, only stopping to get her katana and to even a tilted painting. When she arrives she'll stare at the pods and say to the other agents."So, who'll be piloting the pod?"

Edit OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, kind of went witrhy the title
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2010-07-31 at 09:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

((Psst! They aren't maids!))

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia turned around and tilted her head a little, considering how she answer the question. Not many people have actually asked her that before. They tend to try and scurry away inconspicuously.

"Self defence I suppose. It never hurts to bring more gear. Weapons are weapons."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari Passerine

Kari smiles, her neck still at an uncomfortable angle to be looking at the taller woman, increased by her close distance to the weapon-bound maiden. "Well, I guess that's one way to look at it. I just hope we don't have to use them."

She turns to address Meredith, assuming the reason for bringing the sword was the same as Alicia's. "I can pilot. I think. The mechanics shouldn't be too hard."