New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default [Nexus] Good League of Good LVII: Princess Power Trio Plus Protective Parents

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

If you're new to GLoG:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Good League of Good is an ACRONYM organization devoted to the redemption of evildoers and the care and support of those in need. If you are looking to smite evil, please check out HALO.

If you are new to Acro or ffrp, please come to the Nexus OOC thread and introduce yourself first.

Our IC leaders:
    President: Happyturtle Amakirr (player: Happyturtle)
    Vice President: Daisuke Hayashi (player: Horngeek)
    Treasurer: Jazirian (player: KidKris)
    Chief Warden/of Security: Susan (player: Billtodamax) and Judy (player: Lex-kat)
    Heads of Pastoral Care: Quinn (player: Bushranger)
    More positions open
    OOC: All players are welcome to make a character to join GLoG. The post-in-ooc-thread-first request is only so we know who is around. We aren't running auditions or anything.
    IC: Your character may be refused entry to the premises or asked to leave if they cause trouble in-character.

Membership form:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Current Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
    Desired Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
    Profession:
    Race:
    How can you contribute to help support this organization's goals?
    Any other important information:
    Preferred room assignment:

((see room list and choose))

Character room assignments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Location|Character|Player|Room|Notes
    Main Lodge|Happy Amakirr, President|Happyturtle||
    |Charity Evans|Happyturtle
    |Otaso|Hyozo
    |Phoenix|KidKris
    |Anshu|Iames
    |Nimai|Iames
    |Tomris Nafisim|Je dit Viola
    Cabin 1|Jazirian, Khiansa|KidKris|
    A
    |
    |Susan, Head of Security|billtodamax|
    C
    |
    Cabin 2|Amadeus|Happy Days Falgorn|
    A
    |
    Cabin 3|Crodelus|Hyozo|
    A
    |
    Cabin 4|Shania|Lex-Kat|
    D
    |broken windows
    Cabin 5|Coplantor|Coplantor|
    A
    |Visitors Cabin|
    Cabin 6|Marley|ThePhantom|
    A
    |
    Cabin 7|Helykaan|Je dit Viola|
    A
    |
    Cabin 8|Koyuki|Piggyebil|
    A
    |
    |Krysta|Lex-kat|
    B
    |
    Cabin 9|Coma Nothing|Beans|
    A
    |
    |Vashal|Quinsar|
    A
    |
    |Yamako|iElf|
    B
    |
    Cabin 10|Brendan, Ashna|Bushranger, Recaiden|
    A
    |
    Infirmary|Eko|Earl of Purple|
    [/table]

Each cabin has rooms A-D. The main lodge has plenty of bunk space, but there are no separate rooms.

Cabin 5 is reserved for visitors who do not want to stay at the lodge. They are requested to check in at the main lodge, where any member can give them permission to stay for a few days. Longer than that, and unless they are in need, they would be requested to either join or move to their own place or one of the local inns.

Description of the new GLoG setting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After the original GLoG building was destroyed by an army of catpeople, the survivors took out a mortgage and purchased Phoenix Lake Campground. Facilities include the main lodge house, a bathhouse with separate male and female sections, a stable (no horses present), various picnic shelters, and a few scattered cabins. It's set in the foothills of the Acro mountains, and mainly surrounded by woods. There are many hiking trails nearby leading to mountaintop vistas, waterfalls, seacoves, and various other locations, both within this thread, and in the Outside thread. The campground is also within easy walking distance of the Taverna Generica and the city of Inside.

At the lake, there is a small dock with a little shed nearby where a few canoes and paddleboats are stored. (They probably should be inspected first before trying to put them in the water.) The swimming area has a GIANT slide and a rope swing. Because GIANT slides and rope swings are awesome. There is also a playground under the trees, set back from the lake somewhat, and a set of horseshoe pits.

Having been built on a Generic Ancient Burial Ground, Phoenix Lake Campground is haunted by various ghosts. They are generally harmless, and for the most part glad to have some company, though pranks and hijinks may occur. Ghosts, like the drones of old, can be NPC'd by anyone. They tend to speak in Gray.

Speaking of drones, there are very few remaining, all of which are the basic hospitality drones rather than the war-ready Security drones. They can still be NPC'd by anyone, but there should never be more than one per player in the area. No more drone swarming.

Surroundings:
    Spoiler
    Show

South, by Neon Knight:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Lake, Southern Shores]

Our descriptive tour starts here, because NK has jurisdiction here.

The southern shore is a gentle slope descending into the waters of the lake, sandy here and there, and perfect for waders and swimmers. There are no high banks along the water, which is normally quite pleasant. Being winter, of course, it is rather chilly. The foliage around the lake isn't prickly or harsh at all, and a free trees provide shade for those inclined to lounge nearby.

[South Meadow]

Immediately south of the central shoreline is a rather nice meadow. Although winter has robbed it of some joy and vitality, [South Meadow] will be a lovely spot for picnics when warmth returns, with soft grass, pretty blooms, and an arrangement of surrounding trees that lets in just enough wind to cool you off in the summer but blocks enough so that the windchill doesn't freeze you.

[South Forest]

As the tree line thickens, conifers and deciduous trees grow in thick clumps, making a patchy canopy overhead. Hiking trails wind through it here and there, but it is mostly overgrown; the southern woods are a more remote and neglected part of the campground.

The bare wooden limbs of the deciduous trees contrast sharply with the continued vitality and life of the firs and other conifers. The elevation gently slopes up the deeper south you go, wit forested hills rising and eventually the great peaks of the mountains forming the southern part of the valley.

North, by EleventhHour:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Once in a lifetime, you get a new beginning]

GLoG, was blown apart and torn down, those who visited it mourned the loss of such an extravagant building, and for the loss of a landmark they grew up with. When they heard word of it being rebuilt, from almost the ground, people came to see, and to work. The following is an excerpt from a journal of a woman who came to see the new place...

On the northern shores of the lake, 'tis easy to see why they pick such a place. To the south it one range of mountains, sandy beaches and old forgotten trails, on the north side, things are rockier. For example, even as I write this, I stand on the head of a short cliffside some six feet above the glistening blue waters, well they are frozen over with ice at the moment, glittering in the sun, but I can imagine the summer view...

To look around, turning in an eastward fasion, it's easiest to notice the grey mountain peak of the beginning of the northern range, the massive waterfall feeding the lake shining white even from here, there are the forested groves and the low growing holly bushes, some dead for the winter, others still a vibrant green as thier sort dictates. To the north, I will have to travel through the woods, to be looking upon the sights. Coming back 'round to the west, you can see the battered place of old, where a graveyard must have stood, some pitted old pillars and laystones of granite grown over with moss, and pushed aside by saplings.

Upon starting the climb up the hillsides about the mountainous locale, I noticed that where some rockslides had taken the face away from the lower mountain revealing black, midnight cracks into the roots of the world, leading who knows where, and sealed for who knows how long. Ah! I have reached a merry pinnacle, about halfway up those imposing peaks. Oh, 'tis cold, certainly, but any who dare venture up this far are surely in for a treat of wonder. Looking down across the forest, you can see the blackened trees to the west, and the breaks in the treeline where the cabins and lodges stand empty, with the little cleared roads drawing snaked pathes between them.

Up here, you can taste the frigid air, and only the lowest growing bushes are able to grow at all. Miraculously, when I stopped in a little enclave on the side of the hill, heading back down now, there were blueberries growing! In the middle of winter, no less! Unfortunately, there was a storm brewing, and I had no time to stop and wait. One thing did catch my eye though, on the way down, that somehow I couldn't see from the peak, and I have yet to drop by the main lodge itself to see, but from here I could see a tree, massive beyond reason of twisted branches and a trunk easily as large as a house, I would say it was a blue ash, but they couldn't possibly grow so tall...

Island: (by Rebonack)
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the midst of the lake there is a small island. Getting here is a bit of a swim unless other means of transportation are available.

It's generally sandy with more than a few alder trees quite happy to take advantage of the water. Everything is powdered with a light application of snow, disturbed by only the occasional bird footprints. Isn't exactly the sort of location large animals come to.

The place is largely wooded with the occasional granite boulder sticking out of the snow, strange swirling petroglyphs etched into them. And in the middle of the island is a structure of decent size. A low, squat building of stacked stones. Looks to be a crypt of some kind.

Should one step into the barrow...

It's dark inside. And kinda wet. The walls are carved with the same odd swirling sigils that were found on several of the stones outside. In the middle of the ruin lies a huge stone table, ancient glyphs ringing the edge. The slab appears to have broken ages ago, split right down the middle. Several windows allow sunlight to filter in, causing the various stone to cast long shadows.

Or at least they do when the skylights aren't covered in snow.

Buildings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Main Lodge: This large building contains an industrial kitchen with a cafeteria style serving area, and an open space that was once used as the dining hall. The space is warmed by a massive fireplace. Bunk beds are lined up on one end of the hall, opposite the kitchen, and a few comfy chairs and sofas are beginning to appear around the fireplace as they are procured. The building itself is made of stone.

Bathhouse: This building is divided into the men's and women's bathhouses, with entrances at either end. It has shower stalls, a line of sinks, and toilet stalls in each. By now, the shower curtains have been replaced and the whole area has been scrubbed to cleanliness and usability.

Cabins: Each cabin has 4 rooms, each with shelves and space for three bunk beds. The ones nearest to the lodge have been cleaned out and are habitable, though they lack furniture and any source of heat.

Infirmary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The outside of the infirmary looks just like all the rest of the buildings. Nothing distinguishes it at all.

But inside, everything is white, with silver highlighting. Even though it doesn't seem possible, when looking from outside, sunlight filters inside. Giving the place a warm feeling with natural light.

A soft, soothing music filters through the whole building and words can barely be heard saying words of healing and comfort, like: "You are going to be okay." "We'll take care of you." "You are dear to us." and so on.

Each room is walled off for a limited amount of privacy, because the pixies know that humans seem to need this. Strange. But it is limited. There are no doors.

Kinda looks like this:
    |_\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\_|
    |__\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\|

Except the angles are more severe, so that people on the other side of the hall can't see into anyone's room. Only someone intentionally looking in, can see you.

There is also a small living area in the back which includes a small kitchen and bedroom among a few other things.

Ghosts:
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Ghost|Player|Notes
    Teenage Prankster|Hyozo|Seems to enjoy tormenting Charity
    Bloody gentleman|Hyozo|
    Ironbeard|Happyturtle|A dwarven gentleman rake
    Lady Anastasia Miranda Ophelia Stuart|Happyturtle|former royal courtesan
    Nurse Piper|NPC|Former camp nurse, thinks of the GLoG infirmary as her domain
    Lady Phoenix|ThePhantom|the lady in the faded red dress
    Vidalia|Lex-kat|Former member of old GLoG
    Heather|Happyturtle|Drowned teenage girl
    Jase|Happyturtle|teenage boy
    [/table]

Attention villains:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story, and there isn't much to roleplay without it. However, as a player to player courtesy, please check in with the players who are active at any given time before launching an attack. Not everyone wants to roleplay combat scenes, and sometimes there are other things going on that players don't want to interrupt for a random fight. Either a PM/IM to players, a short post in thread to say ((Mind if I introduce a villain here?)) or a longer post in the OOC thread if it's a larger plot is appreciated.

Also, please don't plan any villainy that will result in destroying the base or having the same effect (poisoning the lake, burning down the forest, etc.)

Base Defences:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Khiansa goes around the grounds, casting alarm spells around the surrounding woods, and wards against the weaker classes of undead, devil or demon (eg. Those least likely to be PCs ), weak wards to limit the strength of destructive magic, and other such weak fields of protection, in order to make things a bit safer in general, before he can eventually go back over and make stronger, more selective wards.
    After setting up the wards, he'll start the considerably harder work of magically fortifying the buildings themselves, especially the lodge, weaving spells of protection and strength in between and through the building materials, so that they may better withstand attack.

NB: As part of a continuing effort to move away from DnD and become more freeform, there is no longer any inbuilt organizational capability of 'alignment detection'. Individual PCs may or may not have this ability.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    [Infirmary]

Inside the infirmary, the ghost of George Shackleton, cleric of Thor, grunts in pain as he senses a strong cursed object being used nearby.

His first thought is to go and intervene, but he looks back at the sleeping Czernov. No, he can't leave him.

Instead he goes around the doors and windows, putting powerful holy spells on them that will keep anyone from entering who is carrying anything cursed or unholy. And because George is just that powerful, it will also keep them from entering via dimensional shenanigans.

Leaving the cursed item behind allows normal entry. Whether it blocks unholy or cursed PCs is left to the discretion of individual players. This would also preclude someone from pulling a cursed item out of hammerspace or a bag of holding when inside the infirmary.

Reference images:
    Spoiler
    Show

Main lodge:
    Spoiler
    Show

GIANT slide:
    Spoiler
    Show

The lake:
    Spoiler
    Show

***When this thread reaches 50 pages, anyone can make a new GLoG thread, which grants them the right to choose the title and (optional) theme song. Please be willing to keep the cabin list updated, and check that the link to the Nexus OOC thread is current. If you anticipate being away from the forums much during the lifetime of the thread (each thread usually lasts a few weeks) then please let someone else do it.***
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2010-08-16 at 04:57 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Good League of Good LVII: Princess Power Trio Plus Protective Parents

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Inside]

"Perhaps, but I can help." Quinn smiles. "Tell me...what would you think my abilities might be, just looking?" she asks, the brown-haired, rather ordinary (yet attractive in a cute sense) young woman asks.
    Krystal thinks for a moment, then shrugs a little.

Got me. Good cooking.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Good League of Good LVII: Princess Power Trio Plus Protective Parents

The Druid laughs, annoying drawn out and slowed down. And then he suddenly casts a spell to bring a blast of fire down from the sky behind him. He's trying to convey the message that he's no longer under the Slowga spell, he probably wasn't for a few rounds minutes, and that he could have blasted Jack by surprise if he wanted to. Also, the pillar of roaring fire is a rather dramatic backdrop, wouldn't you say?
    Well then, please, tell me who used your slimy shell for target practice. He smirks, the corners of his lips curling up dangerously. I need to buy them a drink. He pauses to give the appropriate weight to his comment before changing the subject. What do you want, Jacky?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

[Inside]

Quinn chuckles softly. "Thanks. That too. I'm actually telepathic, a a Paladin of Freedom, and I'm also the Champion of the goddess Neirian," she says matter-of-factly, not boasting at all.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #5

Inside

Huh. The telepath part I find easy to believe. I know a few.

As for paladin and champion, I wouldn't have guessed those. Ever.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

[Inside]

"Well, the latter wasn't exactly planned," Quinn admits. "But it's great. Neirian is a goddess of life, death, pixies, and butterflies," she explains. "The paladin bit was...helping to make up some of my youthful indiscretions."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #7

Inside

Huh. Sounds like you've led a busy life.

Me, well, simply put, I'm a mutant.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

I would say that, yes.

Jack's grin shines in the light of the pillar. Well, half of it. The other half is bashed up or torn away, thanks to some laser fire.

"Oh, no one you would know. Some mooks from Watchtower decided I'd look great with a few holes."

"And what I came for, I already have. So unless you'd like to sit and exchange pleasantries, I have people to kill."

Meanwhile, to ensure it's safety, Jack drops the small letter he swindled into the Yellow Road, just in case Toby decides to use him for target practice as well.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #9

I like you Jacky, but if you come around here again I'll make what you've got look like a harmless misapplication of makeup. And if I were you, I'd wait and rest up a bit. The only way you're going to kill someone is by scaring them to death with your ugly mug. He gives him a very slight, sardonic bow, then turns away smartly and walks back into the camp.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

[Inside]

"Oh? I would have put you as 'human with powers'." Quinn looks a bit surprised at Krystal. "Like me. Just a different kind of magic."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    I like you Jacky, but if you come around here again I'll make what you've got look like a harmless misapplication of makeup. And if I were you, I'd wait and rest up a bit. The only way you're going to kill someone is by scaring them to death with your ugly mug. He gives him a very slight, sardonic bow, then turns away smartly and walks back into the camp.
    "You don't know the half of it." He remarks.

Then Jack shrugs and walks away. Hm. No sarcastic/annoying/threatening comment.

You should've seen how he looked just a few minutes ago. Bastard regenerates pretty quick.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #12

Inside

She shakes her head a little. No, it's not magical at all. It's actually genetic. Mutated genes. There's quite a few people back home like that.

Kinda frowned upon, though.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

[Inside]

Hm, does she know Talia?

"Oh. That's too bad," Quinn says, before smiling and going to put a hand on Krystal's shoulder. "Well, you won't have to worry about that here."

If Toby enters, he gets a broad smile from Quinn.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #14

Toby enters the building... by the same window he leaped out of before. He smiles back to Quinn, then looks at the new girl curiously.

15. - Top - End - #15

Inside

Nope. She doesn't. Yet.

She returns the smile.

Then she glances at Toby, and gives him a hesitant wave.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn smiles. "Toby, this is Krystal, she just joined. Krystal, meet Tobias Druid, my husband."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #17

Hullo. He returns her wave, then dusts himself off before standing by his wife.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn smiles and steps up next to Toby, slipping her arm around his waist.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #19

Hi. She seems a little hesitant around him. Maybe cause of the fireball he threw earlier.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #20

Toby puts his own arm around Quinn's shoulders and leans into her slightly. So, Krystal, you wouldn't happen to be... ah, here for redemption? Who wouldn't like Toby? He's all charm and smiles and kindness and poorly concealed borderline sociopathy!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn, noticing Krystal's hesitation, smiles reassuringly at Krystal.
    "Don't worry, he doesn't bite..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #22

Krystal grins at Quinn's comment, then answers Toby.

Actually, I'm here cause I wanna put my powers to use. Helping people.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #23

Yeah? He seems ever so slightly disappointed by that. Well, that's nice, I guess. Too many "helpers", not enough Evil people for him to talk to... What made you leave? Wherever you came from, I mean.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn rests her head against Toby's shoulder, and closes her eyes with a smile.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #25

Kind of the same reason I wanna help people. My powers.

She brings up her right hand and flicks her wrist back. A foot long crystal quickly slides out from her wrist. She leaves it there for a moment, then it slides back in.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #26

Oh, I see. Cute. He chuckles. Looks like we have something in common then: descriptive names. He turns his head to kiss Quinn's cheek, then deadtimes.

27. - Top - End - #27

Krystal grins. Well, my powers came after my name.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn turns her head to kiss Toby's cheek back, then chuckles at Krystal. "Are you so sure? Perhaps it was destiny, or fate."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #29

Krystal smiles. Maybe. Could've been just luck.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, whatever it is, you've come to the right place to help people. Do you have any...for lack of a better term, normal talents?" Quinn asks. "All my assistants seem to, ah, not pan out."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew