New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default FREEFORM ROLEPLAYING: Community Thread

The Story so Far

Until around the end of 2008, this area of the Giant in the Playground Forum was known as "The Town", by that time, however, there was already a considerable split between the ACRONYM world and the Town proper.

A while later, the split was officialized by the forum administration when the subforum stopped being "The Town" and became the Freeform Roleplaying area.

Shortly after this event, Metropolis and then Bleachitp were created, and in more recent times, Narutoitp was born. And in even more recent times, a number of other freeform settings appeared. Unfortunately a number of these appear to be missing the crucial component that is "player interest".

That is one of the reasons this thread is being created, another reason is to, hopefuly, create a better integration between the players of the different settings, as our subforum is considerably fragmented, currently.

The Purpose

Freeform's purpose is fun. Fun for all of us who play our characters here, telling their stories.

The purpose of this particular thread is conversation and discussion, and to guide newcomers through the various settings here. Most of them have their ground rules listed on the first post of their respective OOC threads, yes, but there are unspoken rules in each of them, facts that a new player will not be readly aware, as well as details of the settings themselves.

Most importantly, every now and then, players have ideas for new settings, but unfortunately a number of them have suffered a stillbirth from lack of interest. This thread should provide an area where these new settings (which, when so discussed, are discussed in the OOCs of particular settings and seen only by a handful of the community, if they are discussed at all), and hopefuly, avoid the death of good ideas to the ravages of lack of interest from the playerbase.

Table of Universes:
    {table=head]Name|Tag|Approx. Age|Still active?|Notes
    Nexus|[Nexus]|5 yrs|Yes|Includes Acro and Town
    - ACRO|{colsp=4}[ACRO]
    - Town|{colsp=4}[Town]
    Metropolis|[Metro]|2 yrs|No|Superhero universe
    Bleach|[BleachITP]|1.5 yrs|No new characters
    Bleach Reborn|[BitP:R]|4 mnth|Yes|Reboot of BleachitP
    Camp Half-Blood|[CHB]|6 mnth|Yes|
    GONE|
    Final Fantasy|[FFitP]|Brand New|Yes (setup)
    Wheel of Time|
    Organized Crime|[OCitp]|1 mnth|Yes|
    Eragon/Twilight Lynching|
    Dead Plains Drifter|
    Pokémon|||No|Now in Structured
    Super Robot Wars|[SRWitP]|2 mnth|Yes (setup)|Characters from existing mecha anime/manga/etc. allowed
    Naruto|[NarutoITP]|8 mnth|Yes
    Supers|
    [/table]

For those of you who care, that is just two posts bellow.

FFRP Universe Application Form: (FFRPUAF)
    Name of Universe:
    Tag:
    Description:
    Character limitations:
    Founding player(s):
    Interested players: (to be added during the discussion/recruitment period)
    Other notes:
    Style:
    What makes this different from other FFRPGs?
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-06-20 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Adding suggested tag to title.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: FREEFORM ROLEPLAYING: Community Thread

I'm here to help newcomers who don't quite understand this! Because Captain Planet says, "The power is mine!"
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Universe Directory:

[BiblioITP] Bibliography ITP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name of Universe: Bibliography ITP
    Tag: [BiblioITP]
    Description: Our world is not what it seems... there is a Veil on the eyes of all humans that, when lifted, reveals a world where are the myths... are true.
    Character limitations: Most characters will play as Pages, bound to a single Codex. Each Codex has strengths and weaknesses. Others are Librarians, more like police and with more power.
    Founding player(s): Elagune, Jokasti, Prime32, Lix Lorn, Creed
    Interested players: Everyone who's read Bibliography.
    Other notes: Options are Page/Librarian/Human
    Style: Superhero-ish
    What makes this different from other FFRPGs? Based on Elagune's webcomic, and mostly in the city of Tiltstone.
    Date created: June 2010

[FMAitp] Fullmetal Alchemist ITP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name of Universe: Fullmetal Alchemist ITP
    Tag: FMAITP
    Description: An RP taking place in the FMA Universe
    Character limitations: Must fit the setting, and not overpowered.
    Founding player(s): Maximum Zersk
    Interested players: Uh... a lot of people? To be added?
    Other notes: None
    Style: Alchemy/Shounen/Storytelling
    What makes this different from other FFRPGs? It takes place in the FMA Universe, and is more guided and is less tolerant of silliness than the Nexus is
    Date created: 2010

[GDU] Global Defense Unit
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name of Universe: Global Defense Unit
    Tag: GDU
    Description: A group called the GDU protects it's native country of each unit from dangers, and on occasion, the world
    Character limitations: Set list of gadgets. Must be human. Must be a GDU member.
    Founding player(s): Maxios, The Antagonist, Instinct
    Interested players: The antagonist, instinct
    Other notes:
    Style: Action/Spy/James Bond/Thriller
    What makes this different from other FFRPGs?: It's action packed, and filled with encounters with badguys and adventures
    Date created: Aug 2010

[HP] Hogwarts ITP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name of Universe : Hogwarts ITP
    Tag : [HP]
    Description : An RP set in the Harry Potter Universe, specifically Hogwarts.
    Character Limitations : Have to fit the setting, no Voldemorts or characters with major items.
    Founding Player(s) : Gimliggamer
    Other Notes : None
    Style : Magic. Duh.
    What Makes this different from other FFRPG's? See above. Blarg
    Date Created: July 2010

[Lynch:_] Lynching Games (Twilight, Eragon)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name of Universe: Twilight Lynching Games
    Tag: No Tags
    Description: A free form/structured hybrid in which you play as established fictional characters from a variety of settings and to battle with the characters of the Twilight series of Novels/Movies as well as other PCs.
    Character limitations: Depends on the particular game but usually only restricted by desired power level and plausibility of them existing in modern times. Also, we keep things limited to established fiction characters.
    Founding player(s): Cracklord, Industrious, Doliest, Darkblade
    Interested players: Kuroimaken
    Other notes: Each thread represents one game with the thread's creator as the GM who plays the canon Twilight characters and other NPCs.
    Style: It's basically a sandbox game with direction.

Name of Universe: Eragon Lynching Games
    Tag: No Tags
    Description: A free form/structured hybrid in which you play as established fictional characters from a variety of settings and to battle with the characters of the Inheritance Cycle series of Novels as well as other PCs.
    Character limitations: Depends on the particular game but usually only restricted by desired power level and plausibility of them existing in Fantasy setting.
    Founding player(s): Cracklord, Industrious, Doliest, Darkblade
    Interested players:
    Other notes: Each thread represents one game with the thread's creator as the GM who plays the canon Inheritance Cycle characters and other NPCs/
    Style:

Date created: ~2009

[Nexus] The Nexus aka Town aka Acronymia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name of Universe: The Nexus aka Town aka Acronymia
    Tag: [Nexus]
    Description: A nexus of realities where all cosmologies are true. At the same bar, there could be a DnD barbarian, a 24th century shadowrunner, a Jedi, a cthuloid monstrosity, and a perfectly mundane baker's apprentice.
    Character limitations: No limitations except for the forum rules.
    Founding player(s): Town was founded around the dual between players Mortia, and Lykan. Then evolved with the addition of Sneaks Milk Bar. Then kept growing and changing.
    Interested players: lots
    Other notes: There's no pre-approval process, but if you come and say hi in the Nexus OOC thread, people will try and help your character get settled in.
    Style: Comedic, dark, angsty, romantic, apocalyptic. All over the place, really.
    What makes this different from other FFRPGs? This is the oldest and most established universe, the one the subforum was created for. It's also the most chaotic and anarchic as there is no overarching plot, consistent rules, or guiding hand. The advantage of this is that you can play any character you like. The disadvantage is that your character may not work quite as expected when they are taken out of their home universe and left to deal with people from different cosmologies. If you value order and consistency, it may not be for you, but for sheer chaotic roleplaying fun, Nexus is clearly the best choice. </biased opinion >
    Date created: ~2005

[Myth] Mythos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name of Universe:
    Tag: (Myth)
    Description: A fantasy universe
    Character limitations: Characters only have 4 races to choose from.
    Founding player(s): Maxios
    Interested players: Creed (to be added during the discussion/recruitment period)
    Other notes: Is set in the Kingdom of Kroso.
    Style: Action/Swashbuckling/Fantasy/Comedy
    What makes this different from other FFRPGs? It's set in a fantasy universe filled with loot, monsters, and heroes. Plus, it has warrior liches!
    Date created: July 2010

[RvB] Red vs. Blue
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name of Universe: Red vs. Blue
    Tag: RvB
    Description: A group of Red and Blues in an endless civil war.
    Character limitations: Player must be Red, Blue, or from Command.
    Founding player(s): Pally Elendro
    Interested players: Moff Chumley, iElf
    Other notes: The people are SPARTAN IIs.
    Style: Uh... Action/Comedy
    What makes this different from other FFRPGs? This one contains more arrogance among people.

[WoR] War of the Ring
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name of Universe: War of the Ring
    Tag: [WoR]
    Description: A universe based of Tolkien's Middle Earth legendarium, in which characters from different fictional sources, and history as well, are summoned by the Valar and Morgoth, to fight for either good or evil in the War of the Ring.
    Character limitations: All characters must be pre-repeating firearms and appropriate to the setting (For example: Roman legionaries and Narnians are okay, US Marines and Gundam pilots are not)
    Founding player(s): Executor, Cracklord
    Interested players: Executor, Creed, Keveak, Darkblade, doliest, Falgorn, more to be added
    Style: It's basically a sandbox game with direction, in the style of Cracklord's Lynching freeforms.
    Other Notes: N/A
    What makes this different from other FFRPGs? Having characters, both historical and fictional, participating in the famous War of the Ring from the Lord of the Rings novels and movies. Also, would be the first freeform Lord of the Rings roleplay universe I am aware of.

[WoT] Wheel of Time itp
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name of the Universe: Wheel of Time itP
    Tag: [WoT]
    Description: A universe based off of both the plot and the world of the late Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. All characters from the novels, including main characters, do not exist in this universe, and most will be replaced by player made characters
    Character Limitations: None
    Founding Player: Kurama
    Interested Players: Horngeek, Kid Kris, Cracklord
    Other Notes: Each thread will represent the main areas of the Three (or four?) main groups.
    Style:?
    What Makes this Different: It has a directed plot, yet with the possibility of many subplots branching off of it.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2010-08-25 at 03:51 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #4
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Viera champion View Post
    I'm here to help newcomers who don't quite understand this!
    I'm here for the food! *munch*

Seriously, though, may I suggest adding a "PLEASE READ" sign to the thread title? Sorta like the WW Central Thread.

And maybe even request a mod to sticky it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: FREEFORM ROLEPLAYING: Community Thread (Please Read)

¤waves back at Happy Turtle with a big anime wig¤ .... erm... ¤hides wig behind back¤

A very good innitiative I must say, I myself am trying to start up my second RP, the first one had people interested, but not that big a player base still, and, unfortunately, school brutally dragged me away from the forums. Trust me, I flailed and screamed all that I could, but it fell on my own deaf ears as I sheepishly trodded into the horror that is university full time studies

And now, as said, I am back, but this time, I can't seem to find players at all.

The short version of the world I hope to start off:

Dark, Medieval, European inspired Fantasy, no Elves or Dwarfs or Orcs, not as us fantasy lovers know them at least. A world of spirits and fae that exist inside of a heavy fog that descends upon the land each night, and a world you venture into when sleeping, but venturing too far could cause you to lose your way and not find yourself getting back to your body are both worlds existing within this place.

Ravens

However, since it's not up and running and merely gathering people at the moment, I guess it'll have to wait before it can be thrown up onto the list of excellent RP's that Draken's got in his post.

Furthermore, if anyone need help brainstorming a new world of their own, just toss me a PM or say something here, I'm basically bursting with ideas for most settings, and have been active in the creation of two full factions AND a movie plot and realisation in Bleach ItP, and I've still got more to give (Ravens and Starlight are two completely separate RP worlds for instance).
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Good idea Draken. A place for all the settings to come together seems like a good idea to me(even the OOC one here). Yeah, there truly is a split among the different settings and its good idea to bring them all together in one place.

You have the full support of apeoflight on your side. Also I can help people as well.
    Last edited by ApeofLight; 2009-12-21 at 11:34 AM.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Mind you Ape, the idea is not for the settings to come together, but the players of the Freeform Roleplaying Section.

Discussions about conjunctions of the settings themselves have been carried time and time again in the OOCs of the different settings themselves, mainly regarding the rather tenuous ACRO/Town split, more often than not, these have similar ends and the vigent status quo is pretty much kept.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

So, in the interest of keeping this on the first page, I'm going to poke the waters a bit and ask how you guys feel about a sci-fi RP. I have a detailed setting ready (ish), but for now I'm just going to say it's on a large colony ship (pop ~2 million) full of refugees of various races*, fleeing from the ruins of the GENERIC FEDERATIONTM, which was destroyed by the EVIL HIVEMINDTM**. There is also a defense fleet too, mostly consisting of human and gray ships, since they had the largest space fleets. Most locations will be on the colony ship, with space available for restaurants, shops, churches, black market gun stores etc etc. There are also 'outside' areas, in the form of the various bio domes that pepper the outside of the ship. The ship is divided into four parts: The White Sector (public space), The Green Sector (vast hydroponics gardens, for food and oxygen), The Yellow Sector (important machinery, including life support, engines and generators. Access is restricted) and the Blue Sector (Comms, piloting and other things vital to ship's functioning. Access is also restricted).
    Aaaand that's all I can think of putting down right now. There's more, but not for now. So yeah.

*Current (major) Races: Grays (with tall and short (and elder brain) subspecies, had a tendency to mutilate cattle, and give people hallucinations for the lulz, until the human race found out, and brutally slaughtered most of them), Eldrin (advanced 'precursor' race, was the major power in the Federation), Myrmidons (Big people race. Probably Lizard People), [Name Pending] (Little, Green(ish), but not necessarily Men, and more likely women, since they have a vaguely hive-like society. Consists of Workers, Soldiers, Drones, Experts, Nursers and the Queen), Humans (thirteen legged eldritch abominations with seven eyes, blue skin and a giant fanged maw ) and whatever else you want to throw in. Except Space Elves. Space Elves suck.

**Is either a super insect genetic engineering hivemind, a robot hivemind, a cyborg hivemind, or an insect-cyborg hivemind. Assimilation is optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'd like to reply to the above that there is currently a sci-fi setting of the Mecha genre just starting, if any are interested in joining that.

OOC thread is here
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-12-28 at 03:03 AM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, right. I'd like to add to the above in that the style of play will be more like ACRO, Town or Metropolis, in that it won't be as structured as CoT, or the AnimeITPs. It's basically: You're stuck on a ship, hurtling rapidly away from the ruins of the Federation, 100 years after it was destroyed. Also, you can't settle down on a planet haven't been able to settle down on a planet, otherwise the bugs will come and eat you because the bugs came and ate everyone who tried. Have fun. Or something.

I keep looking at my setting and either thinking: 'This needs more camp', or 'this needs more GRIMDARK'. .~.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2009-12-28 at 03:11 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground

Oh I'm sure if you toss in a couple GENERIC GOVERNMENT BLACK OPS PROJECTStm concerning doing something morally illegal to fight back at said Hive mind to make it grimmer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by celtois View Post
    Squeeeeee!!!! *Huggles the penguin avatar* Oh nice to see you Bergett.

Penguin is more important then you

My avatar is also a weapon I will one day use to take over the world.(Avi by Sweet_aphrodite, well the first one was.)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Are you done yet, Kermag?

The former bar wench tapped her foot impatiently against the rubble. Said foot was carefully wrapped in a ragged leather boot at the moment, magically enchanted to fair better against the sheep (Called as such because they were once believed to have been brought about by Shepherd) and whatever rough terrain they found themselves in, but even magic can only go so far nowadays. They were late enough as is, and that stupid half-breed bucket of bolts was slowing them down even further with its selectivity. Just pick some random guns and come back later if you want to be that picky, for gods' sakes.

The armory has been successfully emptied, masters.

KR-MAG, or Kerr, Kermag, and Kermit, as he was called by the others, was a rather peculiar experiment with, as one might guess, K-CORP robots and MagCorp technology. Whether he was made by a desperate Magtok from scavenged K-Corp materials before the infamous cyborg became one of them, or constructed of spare MagCave parts assimilated into the crimson robot empire before its eventual collapse was a mystery nobody really cared enough to think about, including KR-MAG himself.

Okay, let's hurry. The sun's dropping, and sheep's going to be right in our path to the caravan around...6:47 if we don't hurry.

It's truly a miracle that smurf's survived as long as she has. Given all the people she lost even before the Sheep came and her relative inexperience with firearms (compared to the other survivors, anyways), one would expect the flock would've infected her in seconds once they reached Gersemi's Isle. Instead, it only empowered her, driving her to achieve miracles for her fellow survivors time and time again with her mystical gift.

Some time later, they finally made it to the caravan. There'd been a brief scuffle with some sheep along the way, but with some well-placed headshots and KR-Mag's bite immunity, they managed to get by. The caravan however, was not how they'd left it. There was blood on the MagMobiles, somebody's arm bouncing off the turret of an ISF hovertank, and the whole place smelled of death. The three paled at the site of this devastation, and quietly began to back away.

Oh gods...Melody, why didn't you-

I-I didn't think they'd...oh gods, we have to get out of here n-

Sensors detecting enemy signatures numbering in...triple digits! Suggestion: Retre-

SHRIEEEE!

As one might expect, Melody, Yasmin, and the rest of Caravan Evans was lost to the Sheep. KR-MAG, given his non-organic form's immunity to infection, was simply bludgeoned and clawed at by the beasts, and managed to last long enough to transmit the fall of Evans to ISF radio before getting scavenged by raiders for parts. Life went on in the Acro wasteland like it always did, and war...war never changes.

Anyways, this is the rough idea several people including Vespe, Kaela, and others thought up before in chat but never gave a try I had for a darker, post-apocalypse Acro, where the bad guys succeeded in one of their many attempts to ruin the world, and where even the mighty superpowers of Acro are challenged by the sheer, overwhelming numbers of zombies Sheep trying to eat and/or turn them. It's called-

Acropocalypse Now

Anyone interested?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Right now, in the GMT -4 Area (where I am), it is currently 23:40 of the 31st day of December of 2009. Within 20 minutes it will be the 1st of January of 2010.

I would like to give all who I play with in ACROnym, Bleachitp and Narutoitp, along with everyone else I don't play with, a Happy New Year!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I quit.

Metropolis is for those who play in it, as it's always been. Any characters in it who I play are now NPCs, save for the baby Benjamin, who chokes itself to death as it sleeps, donating his power to his brother, if his brother's player wants it.

What few ACRONYM characters I have left erase themselves from reality. The Taverna can be updated by those who want to. As a last gift to you guys, I'm erasing its upper floors. You can get your smut elsewhere. HT and Rebonack have updating-rights for it, but please avoid heavy editing to it. Let it die, if you want, but respect what I built, mm?

As said, in the first line, I quit FFRP.
    Cheerio!
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Cheerio, then.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry to see you go. So long Kaela.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I have an idea. What about one based in a Steampunk/Clockpunk world? Is there an FFRP based on that already?

'Cause if not... called it!

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Is anyone up for a Brutal Legend FFRP?
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Well, I have an idea. What about one based in a Steampunk/Clockpunk world? Is there an FFRP based on that already?

'Cause if not... called it!
    Not particularly, but it's easy enough to have a steampunk character in Acro or Town.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-01-13 at 01:25 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Not particularly, but it's easy enough to have a steam punk character in Acro or Town.
    *cough cough*
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

What?

22. - Top - End - #22

While we're on the subject of garnering interest, would anyone be up for a Pirates of the Caribbean-esque historical fantasy FFRPG based in the 17th/18th century?

I really shouldn't be stretching myself out any thinner, but hey, I liked the idea.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    What?
    I just started with a steampunk character and shop in inside.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

24. - Top - End - #24

@Zarah: I'd prefer it to be described as a fantasy-based Pyrate RP, but it seems like it could work. Ship battles could be hard (although I can't help but imagine threads shooting at other threads and how much fun that could be).

All I would ask is that you please don't run it like Bleach itP. Let players run their own course, man their own sails, and guide themselves to the treasure of role-play! Okay, that sounded better in my head.

@FFRP Section: Are we getting overcrowded? I know that the Twighlight/Eragon lynching RP's aren't growing that much, but we are getting more and more RP's by the month.

We have Acro, Town, Metropolis, Bleach, Naruto, Twighlight, Mecha-things, Eragon, ...and... others. I can't remember all of them. There's also Neknoh's Ravens and the above concepts in this thread. In fact, Neknoh's world is probably being choked out by all the universes... Either that or the massive wall of text. A good read, it was.

Note that I'm not saying we are currently overcrowded, but we are getting there. Any thoughts on what to do?
    Last edited by Boo; 2010-01-20 at 02:12 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

WolfInSheepsClothing

*readies the blasting caps*

Huh? Oh, these? Nothing... [sinister]Nothing at all.[/sinister]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Note that I'm not saying we are currently overcrowded, but we are getting there. Any thoughts on what to do?
    Nothing, is my vote. I think there are a few of the threads here that might fit better in Structured, but other than that, I don't see any reason why any new setting that has participants shouldn't exist.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #27

I don't remember saying we should be rid of them or ban new ones (or anything in that context).
    Last edited by Boo; 2010-01-20 at 06:22 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

I assumed, based on the fact that the two options I see are nothing or restrict new settings in some way.

If other people can think of other options, please speak up.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #29

That second part would be rather narrow-minded and cruel of me to suggest.

Maybe just enforcing the "setting name in front of thread title" rule would be enough...

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    @Zarah: I'd prefer it to be described as a fantasy-based Pyrate RP, but it seems like it could work. Ship battles could be hard (although I can't help but imagine threads shooting at other threads and how much fun that could be).

All I would ask is that you please don't run it like Bleach itP. Let players run their own course, man their own sails, and guide themselves to the treasure of role-play! Okay, that sounded better in my head.
    I've more or less moved on from that idea, unfortunately. Anyone is free to pick it up themselves if there's enough interest though.

I have been working on another more original setting lately, but I have no idea when it'll ever see the light of day. The best way I can describe it is pretty much "Heroes meets Left 4 Dead meets Fallout meets Half-Life 2."
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]