New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: 'In Shamus' Honour' IC

"I do not know, this is a little more garballed then we normal get, But from experience it seems we are in for a spot more of wind, he always gets excited when before a storm"

Orsik, The boy answers you, "Been like it two years now, feel into the sea one day and when he came up, was passed out, but this is worse than i've ever seen, I've never seen him so agitated before"

The ship continues to roll as you look apon this feeble old man, who mew's to himself between words that don't seem to mean anything.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Raiann looked to the others and just shook his head. "I am going back up top tell me if you need anything?" The big broad shoulders of Raiann turn and leave going back up to watch the crew make ready for land. "Secret weapon is a bloody seer..what did all that jibbering mean anyway" Raiann was talking to himself more than others.
    Last edited by Doombringer; 2010-08-16 at 11:47 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

You all stare at the old man for a little while longer - hoping his babbling will turn into more sense, but its clear that you'll get nothing 'meaningful' from him in the near future and his assistant looks at you all and asks you to leave.

You follow Raiann back above deck you see the sky is getting darker and has taken on a green tinge, The sea is getting highier and highier, even some of the crew and looking a little ill. But the crew seem confident that they will make land fall before the storm hits fully.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

The captain looks after the ship as it rolls towards the north coast of Mar Teraso, a few hours pass and the crew start to ease off as they now sure they'll reach port before the storms hits, the talk start turning to a little shore leave and they girls in Fort Bolland.

Suddenly the Man in the crews nest calls the alarm! Everyone rushes afore, as you approach slower now, you see the town is laid to waste, the lighthouse is dark, the walls smashed in places and the docks are smoking. A lone, crude wooden watchtower has been built on the coast, it has a symbol painted on the side in white.

Fort Bolland has been defeated
    Last edited by Grogmir; 2010-08-17 at 05:45 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well... this ain't a happy greeting at all" Liv looks towards the Captain and speaks
    "Captain, we may want to skidaddle out of here"
    with that Liv heads below decks and gets her gear ready and arms up fully in case they run into trouble.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

I want to check it out.... I have a bad feeling about what that seer was saying below deck... And it has nothing to do with the weather. Doivak said, clutching the railing of the ship. If my hunch is correct, then the elf lands have been hit by war.. And not in a nice way.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tambor

"What in the bloody 9 hells is that?!" Tambor shouts as he scrambles to the rail to have a better look.
    Avatar by Dire Human! Thanks, dude!!
    Playing as:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None yet!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Aye, I second goin' down there," Orsik says to the Captain. "There might be survivors we're duty-bound ta help." This doesn't look good, not good at all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Star Wars Saga
    Jaryn Vox
    Gurps 4e
    Captain Cyrus Latham

9. - Top - End - #99

Raiann looked to the rest of the people before grabbing his gear and saying "I second going down there..if nothing else we might be able to find out more about what happened." Raiann then sat waiting for the go ahead eager to get on land and stretch his legs a bit.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

The Captain takes the Ocean's Majesty closer to shore, as you approach the flag's over the city are clear. An Eye with a Thorn through it, you see a guard, human looking raise the alarm on the Watertower, bowman rush out, a bell rings in town and you see men in armour approach the shore.

It doesn't take an insight check to realise that you welcome is not going to be friendly. Whatever war this town was fighting has obviously taking a turn for the worse.

Inores speaks up "Captain, the load, the weapons..." Its clear that the elf is thinking that your welcome might be made worse by the fact the ship was supposed to be supplying the enemies of the conquers.

"Turn her about! Head North by North East" You (He gestures to the group, Beck and Inores) into my cabin. As you make the way to his cabin the ship slowly turns in the rising swell of the land. You and the Captain take one long look and the quickly approching storm.

"I'm afraid we cannot land, looks like you will be with us a little longer" He proceeds to take you through the seamanship of sailing in a storm, turn into wind, reduce sail, get away from the leeshore etc. "You are not sailours but you do have strength and courage my crew do not, we will need your help before getting out the other side"
    - - - -

"Save the Ocean's Majesty" - Skill Challenge

Athletics: Help the Crew on the sails
    Heal: Keep the crew in tip top shape
    Endurance: Man the pumps!

- - -

You follow the captain back on deck, the sky is almost jet black now, the wind howls around the ships, each waves sends a torrent of water flying over the deck. The ship creeks and groans. The captain barks out orders

"Take down that Mainsail! Quickly now! LIVELY YOU SCUM! UP UP UP!!!"

He goes over to the wheel and straps himself to the barrell, you fellows, kindly make yourself useful or get belows decks.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tambor

Tambor scrabbles across the deck and begins climbing to the tops to help adjust the sails. As the deck begins to heave to and fro, he clings to the stays, deftly making his way up.

He wraps his small legs around a thinner cable and begins to haul in the large, wet canvas as quickly as he can, showing much more strength than his small stature would imply. He is serious and determined, not speaking much for fear of distracting the crew in this perilous circumstance.
    Avatar by Dire Human! Thanks, dude!!
    Playing as:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None yet!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Liv joins the line of crew to aid in pulling the sails down.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[8]

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Doivak heads to the pumps, putting his muscles to use.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[23]
    Last edited by Turalisj; 2010-08-20 at 08:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104

He moved over with Doivak looking to the pumps and giving it a good heave trying to help as best he could "Here we go!"

Rolls:

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[18]
    Last edited by Doombringer; 2010-08-21 at 01:57 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Moving quickly, Orsik runs against the harsh wind to the pumps and starts pumping out water as soon as the dark foamy waves crash it aboard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Endurance
    (1d20+9)[22]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Star Wars Saga
    Jaryn Vox
    Gurps 4e
    Captain Cyrus Latham