New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dystopia (IC)

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Dystopia (IC)

Your head still spins from the weird magic that wizard used and as you stand up you have some minor troubles keeping your balance. As you look around you see both your companion and the minions of the wizard. The wizard is no where to be seen and you suspect he had more minions then the five lying on the ground.
    You companion seem alright, of the henchman only two seem to be alive, the other three are dead. You suspect that wizard left the ones he though where weak or dead.
    Suddenly you realize one of your companions isn't alright. The friendly and happy sorcerer, Annia Thindur. Unlike the henchman she has a dagger wound in her head and she wasn't stabbed during the fight before this all...

When you look around you have no clue where on earth you are. You are next to road in a large grass-field with here and there a three. You see the sun coming up in the east, the same direction the road goes, at the end of the road you see a small village. The other side of the road goes past a forest, that's in the southwest, and into the mountain in the far distance. In north you only see grassland, and something glittering in the distance. Maybe a lake or the sea.

Without much trouble you also spot humanoid tracks leaving from the place you arrived going towards the forest.
    You also see a few scorch marks in the grass.

You hear moaning and realize everyone alive is awake now, including the henchman.
    ~~And now I'm moving... Shouldn't change that much in my posting... But Hitting is still allowed when I slack off.~~

Thanks a lot to GreenMuffin, again, for another awesome avatar. Steampunk warforged ftw!

My dragons:

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dystopia (IC)

Levonaaro runs to the woman. Don't worry, Annia you'll be alright, it's not even that bad a wound. I've got it I cast cure light wounds (1d8+1)[8]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Arcturus stands up and asks, "Is everyone all right?"

He looks at the other two while walking to Annia, and queries, "It looks like he left you for dead. What will you two do now?"

After Levonaaro casts Cure Light Wounds, and looks to see if it did any good.

Heal check: (1d20+6)[12]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

Krylius

Krylius holds his glaive at the throat of the male henchman. As the henchman begins to wake up, Krylius says, "Stay calm, and you may live until a time when my blade is not at your throat. I have two questions. First, where did that wizard take us? Second, why should I not kill you?"

Krylius turns his head to his companions briefly. There is a notable lack of concern in his voice as he asks: "How is she doing?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Waking up, and finding a weapon at his throat, Kurarkar decided that this was not a good day. Listen, I don't know either. If the wizard trusted me enough to tell me where he was going, he wouldn't have left me here to die, now would he? I'm in as deep trouble as you. I need to collect my last paycheck from him, and I need a say out. I'm going to rip that paycheck from his cold, dead hands if I have to. We have a common purpose, and I would have nothing to gain from killing you. Back off.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

ClericGuy

Krylius

Krylius thinks for a few seconds, and pulls his weapon away from the human's throat. We beat them once, after all. If necessary we'll pound them to the ground.

He extends a hand to help the now ex-henchman to his feet, and at the same time introduces himself. "Krylius Solendale. But you can just call me Kryl."

Krylius then walks over to his companions. "Annia's seen better days..."

7. - Top - End - #7

Getting to his feet by himself, Kurakar dusts himself off. Kurakar. First thing's first. We need food and shelter, which we can get in the village. We can also gain information there about where the wizard went after we got here. I'll scout out the road. and avoid cursing their friend, hopefully. he adds silently.
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2010-07-31 at 01:00 PM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Levonaaro spell has effect and the grave wound on Annia's forehead disappears. But she still is unconscious, although she looks fine except a few scratches.

For Levonaaro
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you cast your healing you realize you are back at full magic potential. You must have been knock out for more then eight hours.

For Apollyon
    Spoiler
    Show
    She now looks okay from the outside, but you suspect she has some internal wounds. Maybe a broken bone, you aren't sure.
    ~~And now I'm moving... Shouldn't change that much in my posting... But Hitting is still allowed when I slack off.~~

Thanks a lot to GreenMuffin, again, for another awesome avatar. Steampunk warforged ftw!

My dragons:

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

With a terrible headache, Nekka awakes. "Hmm... not again, damn dwarf beer..." Until he opens his eyes and gives a look around: "The Demonic Wizard... where is he?" Nekka shouts looking in every direction with his Battleaxe in his hands. "Where are we, and why are there still minions living?".
    Last edited by Anders Celsius; 2010-07-31 at 03:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Levonaaro puts Annia down gently and addresses Krylius I have sereval reasons you should not try to kill us, one we have no idea what that wizard did, we could be on the other side of the world, in a different time, or even another dimension, in addition I just saved your compainons life, and I have the power to save yours, why kill me, it would be in your intrest to keep me alive, We all want revenge on the wizard, we should work together and start by figuring out where we are,
    Diplomacy (probably won't work on Pc's) (1d20+4)[10]

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #11

ClericGuy

Krylius

Krylius looks to Illven, slightly confused. "You're right, I shouldn't try to kill you. Why would I? Weren't we working together to defeat this wizard? I think you need to take some time and rest your head."

Krylius then walks up to Nekka. "I'm afraid I have no idea where we are. As for the henchmen, I think they might be of some use. The wizard, at the very least, seemed not to trust them."

Krylius sighs and sits down, holding his palm to his forehead What have these mortals gotten me into?

12. - Top - End - #12

Yes you are right, I need to relax and calm down, I'm worried about my sister, she always gets sick, and I can't be there to help her. However if you kill the henchmen, you probably kill us all, safety in numbers and all that

Sorry I screwed up
    Last edited by Illven; 2010-07-31 at 05:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

ClericGuy

Krylius

"Yes, you are right. We could use all the help we can get now. I'd like to live long enough to see my sister again as well. Perhaps we should take that one's advice," Krylius motions toward Kurakar "and head toward that village when everybody feels up to it."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't worry about the mess up. It's just one step in a long line that started with me originally wanting to be an ex-henchman

14. - Top - End - #14

As he starts to walk to town Really what's yours like, mine is almost always sick

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hmm, very well, for a greater good..." Nekka grumps "But if they try anything even resembling evil, I'll smite them down, before they even notice."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Anyone good with patching injuries? It feels like Annia has a broken bone, but I'd like to get some help before I try to set it." queries Arcturus.

He looks at the two henchmen, "I am Arcturus. Do you two know anything about this area?" He pauses, then continues on, "For that matter, does anyone know this area?"

He walks over to the tracks, and sees how long ago they were made, and if it's possible to identify what made them.

Survival: (1d20+6)[16]

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

For Apollyon
    Spoiler
    Show
    The footprints are quite fresh and easy to recognize. You suspect a group of 6 humanoids, all seem to be medium size. One thing strikes you as odd. Two pairs of tracks have deeper footprints and seem to walk behind each other, in the same pass. As if they were carrying something heavy together.
    Last edited by Rannil; 2010-08-01 at 08:31 AM.

My dragons:

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Arcturus lifts his head to look at the group and asks, "So what do we want to do? These tracks are fresh, and two people are carrying something heavy, so we can probably catch up to them. Or we can go into town, see if we can fix Annia, and then come back for them."
    Last edited by Apollyon; 2010-08-01 at 10:25 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19

From the trail ahead, Kurakar says One of us could track them while the rest of us scout out the town. I'll try to get us an inn, and maybe look for some information.
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2010-08-01 at 10:28 AM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

I'm good with injury's I'll use more of my power Would a healing spell give a bonus on heal check's to set bones?

21. - Top - End - #21

ClericGuy

Krylius

Krylius chimes in his opinion,"I do not think it wise to send a lone scout. If, however, one would scout with company I would gladly watch his back. I am curious as to what these two mortals may have carried away from us."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Kyrlius, would you be willing to help track the wizard, then? Let me just set the broken bone."

Arcturus walks to the edge of the woods, looking for some thick sticks to use as splints.
    Last edited by Apollyon; 2010-08-01 at 06:00 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

When you need the healing tell me. Talking to Arcuturus

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Help would be appreciated. If we do this wrong, the bone could heal wrong, which would hinder her use of it in the future."

Arcturus gets some sticks, straightens the break, and lashes the bones to the splint. He's very careful to take his time, and make sure that the work is precise, to ensure that she will recover properly.

Heal: Taking 10.

25. - Top - End - #25

If you're done with your friend, can we move along now? We only have so much time to get to the town before our own lives become threatened. Let's go. he says, waiting impatiently for the others to follow.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

*Casts cure light wounds* One will need to help me carry her

27. - Top - End - #27

One of the women seen in the company of the evil wizard comes around. Rising to her feet, she looks around in a panic for a second until she sees Kurakar. At least there was another familiar face here...wherever here was.

Typical, she thinks to herself, years of hard work and he just leaves me to die. After all the jobs I ran for him, all the hours of research, all the meals I cooked. That bastard. To think I ever believed he was different...

Luci stumbles over to Kurakar with her hand on her forehead, and notices who his company is within seconds. While approaching, she silently changes her face to that of a younger woman with dark brown hair and doelike, pale blue eyes. As she joins the group, she curtsies to her new companions. "Hello there," she drawls, "name's Eliza Atterberry. Thank you ever so much for freeing me from that awful enchantment. Absolutely charmed to be makin' your acquaintance. Does anybody have any idea where we are?" Looking towards the village, Luci bats her eyelashes at the group. "Do y'all reckon we could make for the town and rest up? It's just that I'm awful tired, and it looks like we're all the worse for wear."

ROLLS:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[26] Bluff

@DMofDarkness:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a fellow henchman, you've heard Luci use the name Eliza Atterberry as a cover identity on previous missions.
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2010-08-02 at 05:18 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Levonaaro and Arcturus together try to set the broken arm of Annia , but due the lack of good material the try is crude at best. At least you know it isn't going to get worse.

Also examining Annia and your own bodies you realize you have bruises like you feel from a distance, whatever brought you here, it wasn't at ground level. It explains why you have been unconscious for so long. The three dead henchman seem to have broken necks, probably from falling wrong. You must have been lucky.

While you travel towards the village it indeed takes two people to carry poor Annia. Even though the village didn't look far away it still takes more then a hour to get there, mostly because the ones carrying Annia are encumbered and can only walk slowly.

When you are almost near the village you see a group a warrior at the edge of the village staring surprised at your group. They point at your group and start talking with each other.

The group exist out of 4 young males, all carrying a bow and spear. A closer look reveals also that each carries a waterskin, a pouch with food and a quiver. Also their clothing seem to exist out of studded leather.

Oddly, the houses of the village that you can see are in various states of disrepair.
    Last edited by Rannil; 2010-08-02 at 02:55 PM.

My dragons:

29. - Top - End - #29

Leaning to Kurakar, the changeling whispers, Get ready to attack if one of those bastards so much as flinches wrong. Luci pastes on a wide smile and steps forward, her hands raised to show she holds no weapons. "Why hello there, you handsome things," she coos with her signature curtsy, "name's Eliza Atterberry. Can you help us? A woman is hurt. Is there a doctor in your town that can fix her up? We'd be ever so grateful."

ROLLS:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[20] Bluff (for the alias)
    (1d20+8)[14] Diplomacy

EDIT: The bastards above are the warriors, not my new compatriots.
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2010-08-02 at 03:12 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

As soon as Luci approached the group one of them gets pushed forwards. One of the others in the back whispers to his companion, but you cannot hear what they stay. The other responses and you see them both laugh silently.

The one before Luci smiles friendly. "Depends on the wound, miss. Our eldest Liana has kept us alive for years now. But she ain't no mage, miss." He nods. "We were going to hunt, but we can bring you to our eldest. It would be impolite to leave while we have guest, you know, miss." He winks and the other three giggle.

For Nekka
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can't put your finger on it but you get a strange feeling from these guys. They don't seem to lie, but they are way to happy for just meeting strangers and their giggling almost sounds like the laughter of hyenas.

My dragons: