New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dystopia (IC)

1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Dystopia (IC)

Indeed. Should the holy really abandon those who doesn't deserve it, Sir Levonaaro would lose its magic, and as you can see, it is not the case, Nekka says, gesturing towards Sir Levonaaro. Now, tell me, when do you say that the holy abandoned you? When the mountains raised? What are your relations towards the goblins?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player: I was thinking that in the mythology (of the campaign) the figure of two brothers fighting each other is the climax and end of most tales. Maybe if we sought after Prea's brother, we could find a way to amend for the liberation of the corrupter.
    DM: What was your intelligence again?
    Player: Huh... 8?
    DM: And that thought quickly vanishes from your mind.

Hippiemancer avatar by Qwernt

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

"We didn't attack innocent travelers, we were just hunting for food. Can't say that is a crime." The boys states simply. "I told them you were dangerous, but that guy wouldn't listen." He points with is thumb to one of his unconscious friends. "Not sure when we were deserted by holiness, or something like that. Not sure what it really is... was? Maybe it was never here, I only heard story of time with other people... I lived my entire like my elder's told, proud, fearless, strong and always helping my community and there was nothing else in the world then my community. Yet there so many times we didn't had food, so many times elder's and new born died... There is nothing holy here, just desperate survivors, struggling with the world..." He looks at his dead friend and shakes his head. Then he looks up at Nekka. "You mean those funny human-like man with the long beards and the silly sounds? Hard to catch and really fat. What about those?"
    ~~And now I'm moving... Shouldn't change that much in my posting... But Hitting is still allowed when I slack off.~~

Thanks a lot to GreenMuffin, again, for another awesome avatar. Steampunk warforged ftw!

My dragons:

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

Listen child, Pelor's light can still shine in your town, if no holyness could reach here, I'd be bereft of my power
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

I assume Dorendo has the ring, since neither Emery nor Truckley are still here, so I'd say he'd be the most fit to have taken the curse away and grabbed the ring.

Wrong thread
    No back to story:

So, you were just hunting for food? And what was that food? Our food? Realize that evil only brings more evil upon you.
    You situation seems desperate indeed, and for that I offer you a hand, even after you tried to kill and rob us. It is a shame a young had to die in the process. Whatever evil has stripped you out of your faith will be cleansed, and you'll no longer need to fall into evil actions to survive, I promise that. You'd better stay out of trouble from now on.
    Then Nekka thinks a little bit and continues: So, what have you been helping your community with? Gathering food and resources? It is good and well, but remember that a great power calls for a great price. If your methods are stripping other of their survival, you'll end up running into a stronger one, sooner or later, who'll make you and your kind perish eventually. Is it your will that we now take your and your folk's lives, shelter and food?
    After a small dramatic pause, he continues: Oh, not goblins, but gnomes, yes. I suppose they are also trying to desperately survive in here too. Are you on hostile terms with them? Do they rob passers by? Are they in any way related to the foul magic that has reduced your town to this situation? What are your elders doing and thinking about this? What are their plans?
    Last edited by Anders Celsius; 2010-09-26 at 08:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player: I was thinking that in the mythology (of the campaign) the figure of two brothers fighting each other is the climax and end of most tales. Maybe if we sought after Prea's brother, we could find a way to amend for the liberation of the corrupter.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

OOC: You can delete posts. When you edit them, at the top, you can delete the post.

Let me get this straight. You eat humanoids, and thought we would make for a good meal. Eating people is not the best thing for relations; you might be able to increase your food supply be farming, or hunting and raising animals. If properly done, you might be able to shake off the unholiness of the town. At the very least, don't go hunting people. If you find a corpse, and need food, fine. Just don't hunt people; bad things will happen. You will find someone stronger than you. And this, he says, gesturing at the fallen comrades, Will happen again.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

frown Re: Dystopia (IC)

Krylius

Krylius sheaths his weapon and drags the unconscious boy back to the group. He nods a quick, thankful gesture toward Arcturus and retreats back to his tent, not even acknowledging the presence of the captured boy. The elf then attempts to drown out the conversation going on in front of him and puts his mind at rest.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

The boy looks from Nekka to Kurakar and shrugs. "I thought some of you guys were hunting as well, the gnomes are like the biggest creatures here. Not sure what you want to raise here. Don't think the gnomes make good farm animals. also I don't think they are smart to do, any of the things you just said." He falls silent for a moment. "Yes, attacking you was a mistake... but, I still don't see any crimes, or reasons for holiness, just for misjudged attack... You are trying to say the elders were wrong all these years... that's hard to believe they kept us alive all this time."
    ~~And now I'm moving... Shouldn't change that much in my posting... But Hitting is still allowed when I slack off.~~

Thanks a lot to GreenMuffin, again, for another awesome avatar. Steampunk warforged ftw!

My dragons:

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm... Nekka ponders, with his hand on his chin, what did exactly the elders told you, that we imply they are wrong? That there is no crime in hunting other sentient beings?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Diplomacy:
    (1d20+6)[12]

"It is possible to be right, and there to be a more right answer. Have you tried farming? Hunting is an inconsistent source of food. For every time that you get something, there will be more times that you return with nothing."

OOC: Sorry for not posting this week, it's been a busy week for me.
    Last edited by Apollyon; 2010-10-02 at 09:14 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

The boy seems to ponder. "Is their a difference between hunting you guys for food... Or foxes, badgers, gnomes or anything alive? I wouldn't know, the elders said we could anything if we need food. I don't know why it would be wrong... but I also I wouldn't know anything about plants, you might ask someone else instead me." He stares at his still unconscious friends. "I just don't know..." He shakes his head...

My dragons:

11. - Top - End - #131
    Firbolg in the Playground

Plants are, yes, edible. However, what I would recommend is that you don't try to eat the gnomes. Gnomes are intelligent, and may eventually find a way to fight back. Things like foxes and badgers, and other quadrupedal creatures, are better sources of food. Grass-eating animals, if you can find them, can be put in fences and be forced to live in pastures, where you can raise and fatten them up. They will become a reliable source of food, and they will not resist being hunted. Just try to avoid eating bipedal creatures, as they are most likely intelligent, and will fight back more... creatively.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Colossus in the Playground

The difference is that people can feel and think. It's one of the highest wrongs to take a feeling life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

I see me and my friends have different reasons, but the same belief: taking food from sentient being is wrong. You can take their reasons plus mine: if you do it and let others do it, it might be eventually done to you. That is not something you want, right?
    Spoiler
    Show