New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Age of Turmoil

After checking the rest of the village, Julian is reminded of Mortley whom he chose to spare. Going after him he finds after some minutes, grabbing the man he walks towards Sheron and the archer, putting the vampire in an armlock, and with Aurum's watching eyes along him. Introducing himself before giving the news to his commander

"My name is Julian, I'm a Wyvern Rider. Boss?I captured Mortley, he was the one commanding the previous engagements between us and the enemy

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mannfred

Mannfred picks over the fallen undead, trying desperately not to look at the faces of those who were once his parishoners. One body turned over, and the priest found himself staring into lifeless eyes that looked back at him, accusing him almost of betrayal and cowardice. His own faltering gaze protested feebly but it was soon wrenched away in defeat, the elderly priest burying his face in his hands and half-whispering, half-sobbing a prayer for the deceased.

There he stood, in the corner as the battle wrapped up. Suddenly, his head jerked out of his palms as his eyes tracked a horrible path back to his church. It was with a horrified yelp and a mad dash that Mannfred got back into his church, and it was wtih a grateful prayer to the heavens when everyone was unharmed. Motioning with his hand, he leads the people out onto the street. So it was that Lord Sheron was confronted by about 10 people headed by the priest he had roused out of shelter.

"Thank you... thank you for what you have done here. We don't even know your name and yet you saved us. All of us! I only wish every stranger was so kind..." He glanced to once side, at the piled dead. "I am Mannfred, priest of this town and the only authority left, by the looks of it. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask." He did not point out that they did not truly have anything to give apart from gratitude, but the aged countenance in front of Sheron beamed generosity nonetheless, although his haunted eyes revealed that he was a few faltering steps from a breakdown.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I'll help you search young miss. What was your brother doing outside? Sheron searches for the lady's brother by pushing rocks and debris where he could be hiding
    "He was out going to the store when the attack started and... AHHHH!" the girl screams upon look down one of the alleys. There slouched against a wall was a young man with a large, extremely bloody gash running from his shoulder down his torso. An iron sword hangs from his hand, and a dead zombie lies at his feet. He isnt moving.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Niek View Post
    "He was out going to the store when the attack started and... AHHHH!" the girl screams upon look down one of the alleys. There slouched against a wall was a young man with a large, extremely bloody gash running from his shoulder down his torso. An iron sword hangs from his hand, and a dead zombie lies at his feet. He isnt moving.
    Sheron takes a look at the man's pulse, no matter what he finds he says
    He'll be okay young miss just a few hours rest as he takes his cloak and wraps the man's wound.
    Mannfred take a look at this man's wound.

Sheron takes a look at his men. Putting his arm on Shinobu's shoulder he asks her.

Are you okay, Shinobu if you got injured in the battle just tell me.

Looking at Juilan and seeming distracted
    Thanks Juilan, just set him down right here. Now Vampire you put my friend's lives at risk, you will tell me everything you know about your assault on the king and maybe I'll spare your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mortly

"Ow! Watch the arm! You do realize that I'll just have to drink more blood to heal any bruises you give me, right?
    Command is an awfully strong word. Those mindless husks were just attacking aimlessly. If I had been commanding them, I assure you, I would not have been catured so easily. Heck, I didn't even want to get involved, but that just one of the many downsides of undeath. Espadri ordered me not to leave the village until you were dead, so I'm stuck here.
    As for the attack, I'm not high enough ranking to know any of the details of the overall plan. I just knew the day of the attack, so I took a few of my men and took advantage of the confusion. Really, I'm not such a bad guy. I'm just trying to make a living. Espadri's the one you want."
    Last edited by 4is111; 2011-03-10 at 01:36 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Shinobu

Shinobu: "Ah, Lord Sheron. There were no difficulties. It seems I only missed one person...and fortunately it looks like he will be ok."

Shinobu looks at the injured older brother. She reaches to pat the little girl's head and stops. Then she kneels down next to her.

"He will be ok. And father Mannfred?" She turns to him. "Maybe this kind of care is your specialty.". It is a polite comment.

She steps away from the group darkly when Mortly is brought in.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

7. - Top - End - #337

Quote Originally Posted by 4is111 View Post
    Mortly

"Ow! Watch the arm! You do realize that I'll just have to drink more blood to heal any bruises you give me, right?
    Command is an awfully strong word. Those mindless husks were just attacking aimlessly. If I had been commanding them, I assure you, I would not have been catured so easily. Heck, I didn't even want to get involved, but that just one of the many downsides of undeath. Espadri ordered me not to leave the village until you were dead, so I'm stuck here.
    As for the attack, I'm not high enough ranking to know any of the details of the overall plan. I just knew the day of the attack, so I took a few of my men and took advantage of the confusion. Really, I'm not such a bad guy. I'm just trying to make a living. Espadri's the one you want."
    Where's Espadri now? And you're bruises won't be healed Vampire.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #338

Mannfred

Healing staff in hand, Mannfred hurries wordlessly over to the downed man, kneeling beside him and feeling his pulse, his other hand raising his staff and enveloping the young man in healing energy. It's impossible to tell if it'll take yet, though. Mannfred's impromptu congregation disperses and begins siftng through the rubble while looking for survivors.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339

"We should burn the corpses, just in case," Karvek said after the battle had finished. He had scratches all over him, oozing blood, and the other parts were covered in the blackened blood of the zombies. It was a good day.
    "Hey, Sheron! I'm gonna put these bag of bones into a pile, hope no one minds," He shouted to their leader as he hefted two bodies and tossed them with no amount of care into a suitable spot to burn them all.
    ~ZA

10. - Top - End - #340

RedWizardGuy

Drake looks around nervously. There are the dead, fair enough, and that might be enough to place a few on edge, but it's the living breathing people that place him on edge. The way they look around, or gently paw through the bodies of the dead for any survivors as if they don't want to know what they will find. His eyes catch sight of Karvek scavenging the bodies, and throwing some into a heap to be burned. His voice calls out.

"Save some of the bones, si- oh, do not worry..."

Trying to shake his mistake away, his gaze turns to Mortly. This person is an enemy, and an easier problem to deal with.

"Pardon me, Lord Sheron... but why do we not let the coward die? It is the offical punishment that his kind deserve." He hesitates a little at his own firmness, but looks around the people nearby with a certain slowness. "I am sure the people here would appricate the honor. You cannot let traitors live." The last line is spoken with a dreadful finality.

11. - Top - End - #341

Where's Espadri now? And you're bruises won't be healed Vampire.
    Mortly

"He went ahead, to towards Lothet. He's probably after the count, but I wouldn't go after him if I were you. Espadri's a giant of a man. He would tear the lot of you to pieces given the chance.]
    Wooh wooh wooh, don't go calling me a traitor. I never wanted any part of this revolution buisness. I was content with the way things were, but I'm a slave to that madman. Don't hold this war against me."
    Last edited by 4is111; 2011-03-10 at 06:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #342

"I am the rose bandit, Mercury." The statement lacked its normal gusto, the adrenaline's exit from her veins leaving her emotionally drained. Mercury watched the events unfold from aside with uncharacteristic silence. She was no good at comforting people, so she could only watch Manfred and the village girl's plights.

She also knew better then to open her mouth when Mortly appeared; Sheron would have a better idea of what questions to ask, and trying to think too hard or long about what to ask would just make it harder for her to not stab the vampire in the throat and search for his boss the hard way.

Instead, she wordlessly moved to Karvek's side to help move the bodies, laying them out more formally (if you could use that phrase for what was still a pile of dead bodies) then the large man. I need a drink.

Because that helped so much in the battle for the castle. Remind me, how did that end again? Let's ask Ossler-oh, right.

...I hate you.

I hate us too.
    Thanks to Akrim.elf for the avi of my OC.

Homebrewer's signature.

13. - Top - End - #343

Mortly

"He went ahead, to towards Lothet. He's probably after the count, but I wouldn't go after him if I were you. Espadri's a giant of a man. He would tear the lot of you to pieces given the chance.]
    Wooh wooh wooh, don't go calling me a traitor. I never wanted any part of this revolution buisness. I was content with the way things were, but I'm a slave to that madman. Don't hold this war against me."
    Why is Espadri trying to overthrow the government.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Orc in the Playground

Sheron takes a look at the man's pulse, no matter what he finds he says
    He'll be okay young miss just a few hours rest as he takes his cloak and wraps the man's wound.
    Mannfred take a look at this man's wound.

Sheron takes a look at his men. Putting his arm on Shinobu's shoulder he asks her.

Are you okay, Shinobu if you got injured in the battle just tell me.

Looking at Juilan and seeming distracted
    Thanks Juilan, just set him down right here. Now Vampire you put my friend's lives at risk, you will tell me everything you know about your assault on the king and maybe I'll spare your life.
    "Are... are you sure?" the girl asks worriedly.

The young man's pulse cannot be felt, and Mannfred's magic appears to have no effect on him.
    Last edited by Niek; 2011-03-11 at 03:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345

Mortly

"Its not just Espadri. There's an inner circle of, for lack of a better term, vampire lords. While many of us are content to live with our lot, they're sick and tired of always being persecuted by you humans. As far as I know they want to install figure heads to get us better treatment, though they all have a personal interest. I'm not privy to any of the details, but I can tell you that Espadri doesn't need a reason to kill. I'd be very surprized if Thond ordered the destruction of this town."

16. - Top - End - #346

"Are... are you sure?" the girl asks worriedly.

The young man's pulse cannot be felt, and Mannfred's magic appears to have no effect on him.
    Uh sure whatever. Sheron says obviously distracted and shooing her away with his hand.

Mortly

"Its not just Espadri. There's an inner circle of, for lack of a better term, vampire lords. While many of us are content to live with our lot, they're sick and tired of always being persecuted by you humans. As far as I know they want to install figure heads to get us better treatment, though they all have a personal interest. I'm not privy to any of the details, but I can tell you that Espadri doesn't need a reason to kill. I'd be very surprized if Thond ordered the destruction of this town."
    Who is Thond? And of course you Vampires are going to get persecuted if you need our blood to just heal from normal injuries.

17. - Top - End - #347

[COLOR="Blue"]Who is Thond? And of course you Vampires are going to get persecuted if you need our blood to just heal from normal injuries.
    "Maybe you are being too harsh, lord Sheron. We need the bounty of the land to sustain ourselves," Karvek said from his corpse hauling task.
    ~ZA

18. - Top - End - #348

Wow, that was almost as heartless as you. Mercury's eye twitched when he saw Sheron wave the young girl's question off, dropping what she was doing. Comfort was hardly her strong point, but it seemed as though the young girl was going to need it. Yeah, cause you haven't screwed up enough. Wordlessly, she approached the young woman, trying to force her features to soften as much as possible. She knew a dead body when she saw one. The fact that Mannfred's healing wasn't working was a sure sign the man was dead. Lying to her would only get her hopes up.

"Young lady..." Mercury froze up on the spot. Why the hell was it so hard to think of a way to break it to her gently? Because there isn't one. She looked her in the eye, sympathy radiating from her features. "I... I don't think it... it's not likely for someone to survive injuries of that caliber, especially if he's been out this long without receiving medical treatment."

Break her heart, why don't you?

Got any better ideas? There aren't any knights around to deliver this news properly, and Sheron and the others are occupied at the time.
    Thanks to Akrim.elf for the avi of my OC.

Homebrewer's signature.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Shinobu

Quietly Shinobu watches Mercury attempt to explain to the little girl. She shakes her head and then pulls out her knife.

Shinobu: ". . ."

Shinobu looks at her knives for a minute while thinking. An unknown look on her face. The fate of the child, her brother, the talk of vampires, Lord Sheron, all of it is a distant conversation in some ways. Maybe too close in some ways.

But she'd have her chance to kill Mortly soon.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

20. - Top - End - #350

Mannfred

He knew as soon as he saw the wounds. He knew there would be no pulse, and he knew that healing would not work. The man was dead, a grim truth that left little room for hope. But this was not the hardest thing to cope with.

The hardest was telling the young girl beside him that she would never hear her brother's voice again. Slowly, he turns to face the girl, but is interrupted by Mercury's attempt at consolation. "I wish there was a way to save him. I... wish I could tell you that he'll be fine. But... She is right. I'm sorry." It wasn't the best thing he could say, but that opportunity came and was taken by the woman opposite him.

With a quiet sigh, Mannfred got to his feet and prepared last rites for the poor soul. He'd have to have a word with the apparent leader of this group later.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Returning from his usual secret report to Delrose whenever he came out of a battle, Julian and Aurum bring the corpses of some enemies, with the same idea as Karvek. Seeing the man already doing what he planned, he drops them at a close location to the fire he made, and goes to see the problems with the little girl
    "Hey Necromancer? Pick these up if you want"

Approaching Mercury, he observes for a second, before whispering, not wanting to disrpt nothing, as he saw the little girl worried

"Rose? What's happening?"

22. - Top - End - #352

Mortly

"You axeman is wiser than he looks. It isn't really fare to hold our nature against use. We try not to kill more people than necessary, and if you were in our posision you'd do the exact same thing. Thond is the closest thing we have to a singular leader. He personally took the capital a few days ago. I couldn't tell you much more than not to get in his way."

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

"He can't be dead... he just can't be!" The girl drops to her knees and covers her face with her hands, both to wipe away her tears and to shield herself from the sight of her brother's corpse.

24. - Top - End - #354

Mortly

"You axeman is wiser than he looks. It isn't really fare to hold our nature against use. We try not to kill more people than necessary, and if you were in our posision you'd do the exact same thing. Thond is the closest thing we have to a singular leader. He personally took the capital a few days ago. I couldn't tell you much more than not to get in his way."
    I guess we have to take the capital back, how many Vampires are in the capital?

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

"He can't be dead... he just can't be!" The girl drops to her knees and covers her face with her hands, both to wipe away her tears and to shield herself from the sight of her brother's corpse.

Understanding quickly, he doubts his own ability to support the girl. But the makes an attempt aniway. Putting his hands on her shoulder he takes a deep breath before trying

"Don't cry...not now. You have a pretty face that should not be tainted by sad tears...I'm he would have thought so. Even if the worst has happened, you can't see it so easily, but take a look at deep within his heart and you will see a smile. He was happy that he could help to protect this village...you..."

Standing up..he changes from conforting to rousing...in times like that being dramatic was useless, there was no point in it. But someone had to do it, because that was what people needed. A lie, to cheer them up, something to hold to

"There will be one day to lament those who fell. There will be a day when their names will marked as heroes. But not this day. Today, the heroes we need are the ones who are alive. We will all have to be strong... so, I know you are not crying now, let's get you out of this rain..."

And then turning to Sheron and Mortley

"Indeed. The capital must be retaken, and a new king must don the bloodstained crown...are you willing to do it, Sheron?"
    Last edited by DukeGod; 2011-03-12 at 10:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356

"Huh?...wise...?" Karvek asked no one in particular as he went back to the task of corpse stacking. The drama with the child was no concern to him, half because she already had more than half of their team in her attendance, and the other half because he knew he could not help her. "Ah well.....Should we behead the corpses too?" He muttered as he looked at the pile, not wanting to undo it just to take a few heads.
    ~ZA

27. - Top - End - #357

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
    "Indeed. The capital must be retaken, and a new king must don the bloodstained crown...are you willing to do it, Sheron?"
    Honestly not unless I have to, I'm not sure I'm close enough to the royal family, the country may be better off with a distant relative than me.

28. - Top - End - #358

Mortly

"A couple dozen or so, but I wouldn't bother trying to take it back. Unless you've got the manpower to turn over every building in the city you'll never find them. Thond is too smart for that. If you head back there and try to do anything funny, you'll end up in the gallows."

29. - Top - End - #359
    Orc in the Playground

The girl seems comforted by Julian's words.

"Thank you."

She walks back to her house, still crying, but not as much as before.

30. - Top - End - #360

Mortly

"A couple dozen or so, but I wouldn't bother trying to take it back. Unless you've got the manpower to turn over every building in the city you'll never find them. Thond is too smart for that. If you head back there and try to do anything funny, you'll end up in the gallows."
    Okay I guess we'll go to our orignal objective, Vampire you are our prisoner, men find chains and throw away his weapons. I don't want the Vampire tainted weapons. Hey wait where's the girl.