New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Age of Turmoil

Mercury noticed the look in Sheron's eye. Sorrow? What's that doing there? "While I am a woman, I wouldn't call myself a 'lady'. That went out the window the time I started my first bar fight, right before I did." She joked, trying to lighten the mood.
    Thanks to Akrim.elf for the avi of my OC.

Homebrewer's signature.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Sheron half chuckles out of politeness Very well, but I wouldn't want to jar her by shifting her over to you, I'm rather bigger than most mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Shinobu: "Ah... To be carried by a handsome Lord, or to the fierce swordswoman? Surely a good maiden would know what choice she would make.

It's nice to be fought over."

Shinobu said, though being of forced cheer, though Her cheeks are a little red to think of how long this travel may be. But she is enduring the pain like a good shinobi.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Raising slowly,Julian takes one hand to he forehead and looks around

"Why is everything spinning?Where am I?And where's Aurum?"

He tries to stand upWound hurts.Knowing that ignoring it will only make things worse he lies in wherever he was again

"Great.That effing swordsman hit me"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

"Careful dragonrider. Your friend is right here. When you got hit, he fell but seems otherwise uninjured. We're going to get you to a medic, he'll patch you up right. You'll be back on your feet in a couple days."
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

6. - Top - End - #156

Mercury laughs boisterously. "Yeah, points taken. Never was good at gentle moving. Breaking is more my forte."

She turns to Julian as she hears him stir. "Just take it easy for now. You were really something out there, you know that? Tore through more then the rest of us, short of the swordsman. Seems he's left on important business, though, so that makes you and sir knight our heavy hitters."

Homebrewer's signature.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, we had better get moving. It isn't good to stand around talking while there are people in need of medical attention."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

The party, King Multas, and the rest of the royal guard set out for the castle.

Meanwhile, a meeting is held in the deep woods. Three figures stand in a small torchlit clearing. In the shadows beyond them, an unknown number of cloaked figures stand silently watching from the trees.

One is a giant of a man, wearing a blackened suit of armor with large spikes extending from the joints. His dark beard is caked with dried blood, and those looking upon him can feel his piercing gaze even though a helmet conceals his face.
    "When are we going to start? I'm a busy man, I won't just stand around here waiting forever."

The second figure turns to him. In contrast to the massive build of the man standing next to him, this one has the body of a small boy, but the look of ruthless cunning on his face betrays him as being much older than he appears.
    "Patience, Espadri. Its not like Thond to summon us for frivolous reasons."

"Then why have we not yet started? He called this meeting, I would expect him to begin in on time."

The third figure is a noble-looking man with stern features. Of the three his is the most civilized appearance, but his cold eyes and unchanging scowl mark him as one to be feared far more than the lesser monsters who stand with him.

"Lord Lars is correct, Espadri. The matter for which I have called you here is of the utmost importance. The delay in starting is merely to ensure that all are present to hear what I have to say."

"Hmph. Well, it had better be worth the wait."

At this time a tall man in a light grey cloak enters the clearing. His long hair is bleached white from exposure, and a hood conceals the top portion of his face. A large spiked mace hangs from his belt, bits of still-bloody flesh clinging to it.

"I apologize for my tardiness. I had other business to attend to." He motions towards the bloody weapon.

"Ah, Castor! I see you have met with some success as of late. Unlike a certain other fellow..." Lars looks towards Espadri and grins.

"That coward Mortley is to blame! If I had gone myself there would not be a beating heart left in that town!"

"Do not overestimate yourself, Lord Espadri. Powerful as you are, you are not invincible, and could not hope to stand against all of Morhelv alone. That is why I have called you three, my fellow clan heads, to this place."

"Go on."

"For too long we have been confined to these woods, no more than a mere thorn in the side of the Morhelvan throne. I do not need to remind you of the terrible injustice our people face in this country, banished to the fringes of civilization simply for what we are and what we must do to survive! They call us monsters, who would deny them their precious right of life. But what of us? Do we not have the same right to existence? Do they not deny us that same right by refusing us sustenance? For too long the balance of power has laid in mortal hands! Our efforts have failed up to this point because we were divided, but if we now stand united, the wretched spawn of our enemy and his oppressive regime would have no choice but to fall before our combined might! King Multas is weak, not even a shadow of his accursed mother's strength. Now is the time for us to rise up and claim our place in power, so that our people will live in shadow no longer!"

As the man finishes his speech, Lars begins to clap.

"Fine words. But how do you plan to back them up with actions?"

"I would not think to call this meeting without having a plan ready." he reaches for his belt and retrieves a scroll case, "Read these words carefully, and prepare your soldiers. The revolution begins tomorrow night."

Back at the castle...

"Thank you all again for your help at Genak. I am in your debt. Please, eat as much as you wish."
    Last edited by Niek; 2010-10-04 at 02:33 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159

Excuse me sir, do you know why the Vampires attacked?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Julian hated feasts.He preferred to eat in the campfire with his companions.But he knew how to behave himself in such a situation.Sitting and eating with a relieved face.Looks like he was gonna live to fight another day,but either he was getting rusty or those people were way more than normal bandits

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

"The vampires are bitter. They tried to ruin the celebration of our late Queen out of spite for the defeat she dealt them in their traitorous war."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A boy is sitting next to the group, uncomfortable in the more festive atmosphere: the robes of his profession and his unusal skin mark him out as not one of the people, and his unwillingness to join in with the feast does nothing to endear him to some at the table, who are sending him sharp glances.

When the talk turns to politics, he takes his chance to speak, politely but nervously

[ Drake: "Pardon me, but - I was told that you encountered some Shamansin the forest? I.... know it is was not expected of me, but I have studied those arts. Since I was here, the King requested me to offer you some advice."

The young Shaman seems to realize something, and retreats his hands a little.

Drake: "Did I not introduce myself? Apologies. My name is Drake, ahough I have no family surname..."

The boy quietens.

Drake:"Pardon. That was... too verbose, was it not?"
    Last edited by DeafnotDumb; 2010-10-04 at 04:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

These festivities were always full of big hats doing a lot of talking. That was all it was, talk. But at least the pay and food was good, even if the work was dull. Though, these guys that the king had invited to his table looked like they had seen their share of a fight.

"A fight in the woods? You get in these kind of scraps often?" Karvek asked anyone in the group, cutting off a few other people that were talking, though he did not seem to notice their looks of disapproval as he leaned forward eagerly.
    ~ZA

14. - Top - End - #164

Sheron raises his eyebrow at the newcomer, but then shrugs, Not usually but the Vampires have been ever more bold since their assassination attempt on the king. I wonder if they're planning something, but it's not my job to analyze their movements

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

"Aye, m'lord speaks true enough. Though some of us on the front lines see a little more action than our magic user here. Hah!"

Oscar is dressed in a formal tunic set in the colors of the castle; over this he wears his breastplate, shined and polished. He wears no other armor and his shield is back in his quarters. He is noticeably drunk, the serving boys have started giving him wine heavily watered down.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

16. - Top - End - #166

Mercury sits at the table in her usual attire, eagerly digging into her plate of food. *hic* "Well, well, well. Looksh like mishter knight CAN loosen up. Not exactly hard on the eyesh either, after a few dozen glasshes of wine." Outwardly, Mercury remained remarkably composed for the amount of alcohol she'd downed, though her slurred speech gave her away.

She shoved another turkey leg into her mouth and started tearing into it barbarically. "Thish wine shtuff is great. Flavor's nice-*hic* and you can drink lotsh without blacking out. Givesh plenty of time to enjoy the food firsht."

She blinked when the part of her brain that heard the vampire discussion sent the message along to the rest of her brain. "Ahhh, buncha sore losersh. *hic* Can't blame them for alwaysh being sho pisshy, though. Can't even enjoy a fine leg of turkey or glassh of beer. Gotta nibble on their buddiesh jusht to avoid starvin'. What kinda life ish THAT? Eh... Shucksh to be them."

Saying no more, she continued tearing into her plate of food with reckless abandon. It was a miracle she waited to finish talking before stuffing more into her mouth. Speaking of... I wonder how Iso... Ison... Isolda! That's her name! I wonder how Isolda's doing... *hic*

Homebrewer's signature.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Up to that point the night,Julian had not drinked one sip of wine.He didn't liked alcohol.Messed with his brains and body.But this kingdom had some other kind of weird beverages.At that point ot the night he was drinking something amusingly addictive,called Koffee.But as his companions get completely drunk,he keeps quiet.That is until someone questioned their fight,then he could gleefully talk

"The fight was as a matter of fact very interesting.I learned some things about Aurum's resistance I couldn't even imagined"

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Shinobu

Shinobu blends into the crowd somehow, despite what they would think. Maybe because she isn't wearing her shinobi clothes for once. Her arm is wrapped, but she seems to be able to keep it from most notice.

A cheerful smile on her face- a normal smile for her it seems. To the question of 'shaman in the forest' she does not answer on that. maybe an annoying topic for her.

19. - Top - End - #169

RedWizardGuy

Drake looks on in amazement as Mercury drove her way through the pile of food and drink before her. His own plate was mostly untouched, enough eaten only for politeness's sake, and his wine glass was still half-full.

Still studying Mercury with a sort of shocked amusement, Drake responds to Julian's remark. "Well, um. You are the wyvern rider? I think they have natural resistance due to their harsh environments. It is part of why capturing them is so difficult. But the reason I was requested was - ahm, I, heard someone got injured?"

Unable to quite bear it any longer, Drake nervously speaks to Mercury. "Pardon me again..." He searches for an appropiate honorific, and settles for "...madame? But I believe the wine here is quite strong. It could be, erm, you are more used to - ale?It could be causing you to... lose control?" The boy glances around, seeking for verification that he has chosen the right words. "Pardon me if I offend."
    Last edited by DeafnotDumb; 2010-10-05 at 04:00 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Shinobu: "Yes, there were injuries."

Shinobu said with her cheerful smile. Suddenly to seem to appear in the conversation, but not so surprising. She had been standing close.

21. - Top - End - #171

*hic* "No offensh taken. Yeah, the wine here ish pretty shtrong for anyone not ushed to it." She flashes her trademark shark grin. "No worriesh, Thish ish how I alwaysh am. I can function perfectly fine, even like thish. You jush gotta PACSHE yourshelf." She places the wine glass down and grabs another piece of cornbread.

Mercury spins to face Shinobu. "Hey there, if it ishn't my favorite ninja girl. Grab a sheat, the food and drink are great!"

Homebrewer's signature.

22. - Top - End - #172

RedWizardGuy

Drake stares back at Mecury, unable to think of any response but the honest. "Um... it is not a good idea to accompany wine with bread. It is not - considered - polite...? Slowly, it dawns on the Shaman that this may not be the highest of the mercenaries concerns. "Apologies. Do not mind me."

Seeking escape, the boy looks at the girl that has appeared beside him, suddenly realizing her presense. "Sorry, pardon me! I have been ignoring you." Drake places a hand on his chest in a formal but unsure gesture of apology, reorganizing his thoughts. "So. If you should find yourself fighting a magician, the traditional advice is to strike just as they do and thus disrupt the channeling of the energies. Such a thing, if lucky, can be fatal and tear your Shaman into numerous small parts, scattered liberally about the battlefield. Um. Or so I've read."

23. - Top - End - #173

"Hah! Thats usually what I do. Your alright!" Karvek said to Drake, slapping his hand on the shaman's back with some force, though not enough to cause any true damage.
    ~ZA

24. - Top - End - #174

RedWizardGuy

"Thank you?" says Drake, a little shocked at the contact. "I do not believe we've met."

25. - Top - End - #175

"Nope. I'm Karvek," He said, offering his large, calloused hand.
    ~ZA

26. - Top - End - #176

"No problem, ish fine." She waved off his concerns. "The name'sh Mercury, the Roshe." She raised her pointer finger to emphasize her new self-title. "Jush Mercury ish fine, though."

Homebrewer's signature.

27. - Top - End - #177

RedWizardGuy

"I am drake." Drake takes the man's hand, although the boy's handshake is probably too trained for the warrior's taste. What is it that you do, Sir Karvek and Madame Mecury?"
    Last edited by DeafnotDumb; 2010-10-07 at 09:59 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178

"Sir? None of that sir stuff, kid," Karvek said, waving off the title of 'sir'. "What do I do? Usually, I hurt people, but only for coin...well, most of the time," He added the last part in with a grin.
    ~ZA

29. - Top - End - #179

Sheron leans in close to Mercury Mercury are you still okay to fight, what if someone attacks during the feasting.

30. - Top - End - #180

"What he said." she shrugged at drake.

She almost took another bite of her food when Sheron whispered to her. She leaned and lowered her voice, if only because he did. "I can shtill fight. Eashy-peashy. I may not be able to pronounche the lettersh 'she' and 'esh', but my shword arm is as flawlessh ash ever. Beshidesh, there'sh guardsh all over the plache. How many troopsh can Mortly and anyone he'sh working with posshibibly have left?"

She blinked, then narrowed her eyes, glaring at her food. "I hope I didn't jusht jinx ush. It'd shuck if thish party got ruined 'cause a shlip of the tongue."

Homebrewer's signature.