New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Sea of Starry Night II [IC]

Lumpy

Still uneasy, Lumpy follows the others down to the springs armed and armored. The sight of the hot water is too much for him to pass up. He prys clasps free eagerly, stacking his plate into a compact pile with practiced ease. Clothed for the moment in only his rough-woven pants, he glances about as if concerned about privacy, before slipping them off and sliding into the pool noisily. This briefest moment of revalation shows his lower body to be scarred similarily to his upper, but vision would be drawn more alarmingly to his left knee, a horrible mismatch of roughly mismatched scar tissue that stood against his dark skin like a beacon. If anything, that was the source of his apparent bashfulness.

Once in the pool, he relaxes easily, leaning back against it's edge. Making sure one last time that his flail is within easy reach, he lets himself slip deeper into the water, immersing himself.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Bugbear in the Playground

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby's eyes light up at the thought of a bath, and he quickly secured his scroll case other belongings in a room before eagerly seizing a bathrobe.
    I've managed to keep cleaner than most, but magical cleansing is no real substitue for a true bath and a good scrub.
    Realizing that its fluffy whiteness will be swiftly marred by his own perceived grime, he leaves his undershorts on and drapes the robe over his arm, instead.
    After a moment of contemplation, he grabs the shadow-cloth he bought from the gloamings, as well.

He jogs down to the hallway and is about to take the stairs two at a time before realizing that they are twice the size of those he grew up with, and thinks better of it.

When he arrives at the bath, he briefly tests the water's temperature with a toe, and, smiling, shucks his undershorts off. Turning to place them next to the clean robe and shodowcloth, he pauses to breathe in the steam and clean air.
    It has been a long time since I have felt safe enough to be nude. I hope some of us will get a chance to spend more time this way...
    He stifles another grin, and dives headfirst into the pool.
    Relishing the feeling of the warm water swirling around him, he floats underwater for as long as he can manage before surfacing. Shaking the long hair out of his eyes, he frins broadly at everyone, and flips over onto his back to float for a moment. Feeling utterly relaxed for the first time in months, he idly swims over to a shallow spot to rest, all concerns for the future temporarily banished from his mind.

Aahhhhh...
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

3. - Top - End - #783
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger

Draped in the fresh robe, Hajih holds his sheathed dagger as he descends the steps to the spring. He folds the robe neatly and places the dagger on top of it before sliding into the spring.

Nervously he glances around, looking for any possible exit.
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

4. - Top - End - #784

The warm mineral water soothes your knotted muscles and seems to invigorate your tired bodies. Thokk and Lumpy both have fresh wounds (only partially healed by magic) that tingle as they wash themselves clean in the pool, as if the water were a mild astringent.

There are lanterns in the corners of the room that illuminate the chamber dimly. No one seems particularly self-conscious as the room fills with the sounds of laughter and splashing water.

Servants appear, placing trays of chilled water and fruit juice at the edge of the pool for refreshment.

[hr]
    Elthan watches as his clone's serpent familiar slithers into the pool.

"Sethra is close by. In fact, he is likely one of us or has at least been with us through the entire journey through the Underdark.

"I suspect that he needed us to help him get out of the Underdark alive, but now that we have reached the surface, there is little stopping him from carrying out his plan to eliminate all of Sarloc's descendants.

"And yet here we are, at perhaps the most critical moment of our journey, cavorting about in a giant bathtub, letting our guard down ..."

His voice trails off as he watches the snake swim in lazy circles around the party members.

"If only I hadn't been forced to give Sarloc's journal to that mind flayer. I had notes in there that might have helped us."

5. - Top - End - #785
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Lad, if ye dont mind me sayin' so, shut the blazes up. This is a time to relax, and ye all know the mind takes just as much of a beatin as yer body. A chance to restore both is very welcome indeed. Besides...

*Thokk swims a bit closer over to Elthan*

"GOTCHA!"

*With that, Thokk thougly uses both hands to splash Elthan with as much water as possible and then dive under and swim away*

"Come on little ones, lets teach the big 'uns how to take advantage of this water!"

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Sea of Starry Night II [IC]

Callos

"Big 'uns to me! We must protect tall people rights in the bath!"

This came from the necromancer standing on the edge of the pool close to Thokk. A wide grin was on his face before he bent his legs and jumped down into the bath in a classic belly splash while bellowing...

"Attack!"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #787
    Barbarian in the Playground

Darius

Darius heads on down to the baths, stripping off and diving in, and trying to avoid the splashfight as best he can.
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

8. - Top - End - #788
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy glares at anyone who starts splashing too close to him, trying to enjoy his warm bath in peace.

"Frankly? All this Sethra business is yer problem I'm just milking this fer what I can get before I find something better ta do. Unless someone wants ta start paying me, 'a course."

9. - Top - End - #789

The waterfight breaks Elthan out of his funk. The two Elthans start using cantrips to shape the water. The two clones reach out and make contact with their fists ...

One calls out, "Shape of a sea serpent!" A sinuous column of water rises and attacks Callos.

The other shouts, "Form of a tidal wave!" A large wave rises up and crashes onto Lumpy.

10. - Top - End - #790

Fizahn:

Fizahn hesitates a while in front of the pool. He looks slightly disturbed when Elthan speaks of Sarloc. Eventually, the promise of the clean, soothing water and the water fight are too much. He takes off his chain shirt and clothes. Looking at them remorsefully; he drops them a distance away from the pool, but brings his dagger all the way to the other side before dropping it. "Unfair! Rotten magic users!" He shouts as he runs and does a cannonball into the pool, splashing the Elthans. He resurfaces quickly and begins to splash them, trying to ruin their concentration. "About that little'uns power, well, it's kinda hard to splash them when you have to tread water in a place they can easily stand."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 05:11 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Swimming under water he surfaces right infront of an Elthan and splahses him directly in the face*

"Hahaha, got yer ya flithy cheater!"

*Thokk continues to splash him full in the face, and readies to dive tackle him if he attempts to cast another spell*

OOC: Haha, that should force a few concenration checks!

12. - Top - End - #792

The water fight swells to truly epic proportions until everyone is soaked and spent.

"Hrmm. Hrmm."

Garent stands by the poolside. A number of servants stand with him carrying your clothes and armor, which have all been magically repaired and cleaned.

"It is nearly midnight. Shall we retire to the great hall? Mistress Linda is anxious to see you all!"

13. - Top - End - #793
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Alright thouroughly irritated by the water-fight's interruption of his peaceful bath, Lumpy turns to face Garent and the servents. A response dies on his lips as he catches sight of someone handling HIS armor without permission,

"HEY!"

He heaves himself out of the pool, limping naked across the floor to face the servant with his armor, moving to snatch his plate back,

"That's mine, and I didn't say ya could touch it. Hand it over, now."

14. - Top - End - #794

Elthan II

Exausted from the water fight, Elthan lazily gets out of the pool and retrieved his robes.

Examining his cloak, he nods and 'hmms' appreciativly, noticing the holes removed and the inbeded dirt removed.
    "Impressive. I feared I would have to replaced this, thank you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

15. - Top - End - #795
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Hauling himself out of the water and just standing at the edge*

"I pray ye havnt done anything to me robe, tis kind of irreplaceable, unless yer can go to the halls of Moradin and fetch me another. Besides, I be needing some fine steel inbetween me and everything else. Know where I can get some?"

*Thokk stands dripping for several more seconds, thinking*

"Ach, thats it! Me sword be needin' a polishin, and I am the only one who can do it. If I could, I need some mineral oils and a fine shammy"

16. - Top - End - #796

The servants bow and step back quietly, leaving clean white towels at the edge of the pool.

Garent asks Lumpy for forgiveness. "I should have asked your permission before having your armor repaired and your clothes cleaned. Please accept my apologies."

Garent goes on to offer to have your armor and gear returned to your rooms while you enjoy a nightcap with Linda in the great hall.

Sheyra climbs out of the pool and quickly covers herself with a towel. Once she has dried off, she slips into pants and a clean tunic, wrapping a sash around her waist.

Smiling at Garent she says, "It will be good to see Linda again. I'd like to hear how she made it out of the Forest by herself ..."

17. - Top - End - #797

Fizahn:

Fizahn exits the pool and grabs his 'short sword.' He quickly slips into his clothes before carefully inspecting his clean gear. I'm not sure I particularly trust Linda right now. He takes his chain shirt from one of the servants and replaces it with his pack."That's fine. You can bring my pack up to my room. I prefer to wear my armor." Once he has his chain shirt, he slips it on and waits to go meet Linda.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 05:12 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

18. - Top - End - #798

Darius

Darius dons his clothes and armor. He declines Garent and will to dinner with armor on, and his bow strung over his back. He says no more, just steps to he side and waits for the others.
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

While she participates enthusiastically in the water fight, Lissa doesn't make any moves on Achkby beyond several admiring glances. This really isn't the place, not with so many people around. Maybe I embarrassed him, kissing him in public like that.

Upon seeing her clothes and armor cleaned and repaired, Lissa beams up at Garent. "Thank you, sir! That was quite thoughtful of you. I wasn't looking forward at all to putting on my dirty clothes after such a lovely bath." She grimaces. "Prestidigitation can only do so much after a while." The towel-clad gnome happily dries herself off (using the aforementioned prestidigitation to dry her long hair) and puts on her now-clean and mended clothes. Lissa gives her armor a considering look, then decides to leave it off. I get the feeling that I'll have to put that stuff on again all too soon. Might as well enjoy wearing regular clothes while I can. Now clean, dry and clothed, Lissa sits down on one of the few dry spots in the room to wait for the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

20. - Top - End - #800
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy sorts through his armor, making sure every piece is still there. He doesn't dress himself in it though, pulling on his familiar pair of pants and leaving it at that. However, he makes no move to return his armor to the servants, snorting belligerantly,

"I'll keep my things with me. wouldn't want no one digging through it while I'm gone."

21. - Top - End - #801

I was considering doing something, but had an AP exam today and was spending all of my free time studying. Well, I was on briefly, but with no good mental energy for such an important game as this. :P

Achkby

Achkby, like Lissa, tries to keep his distance, but he can't help sneaking glances at the derobed gnome. Unfortunately, the water is deep enough to keep most of her covered, but he seizes those opportunities presented him.
    She's so attractive... and certinaly attracted.. but... what will of of this end me in?

[hr]
    Achkby slips into his still-clean robe rather than his own patched clothes, relishing in the unmarred fluffy-whiteness the soft cotton affords him. He asks the servants to take his armor back to his room -- "And put it right back where you found it!" Sliding his clothes under one arm, he heads off with the rest to see Linda.
    I don't know how keen I truly am to see Linda once more... she has not been the most morally scrupulous. But I am in no position to pass judgement!
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

22. - Top - End - #802

Aeroz

Aeroz exits the pool and puts on armor and clothes.

"It is so good to have my clothes not smell like my sweat. So, Miss Linda is waiting for us now?"

Odd...very odd indeed. She was left on the plane of shadow, and I don't think she did follow us.

Aeroz then retreives his daggers and reconceals them. He buckes his blade to his belt and pulls a very old and tattered cloak out of his backpack. It is a deep shade of blue and has three faded gold etched symbols, a dagger, a bird and a moon, on the very back of it. He unfolds it and puts it on his shoulders, pulling his hood back.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

23. - Top - End - #803
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach, Ill head on up to see her, and ask what in the abyss happened to her and the others. Im sure she will want to find out about me as well..."

24. - Top - End - #804
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih

Clean and dressed, Hajih examines the mithral links of his chain shirt. He shrugs and hands it over to be placed in his room. Grabbing the long dagger, he tucks it in his overcoat.
    With a smile, he pulls on his hat and says to Garent, "A nightcap? don't mind if I do."
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

25. - Top - End - #805

The mineral bath has done all of you good. You feel fresh and rejuvenated. Even Thokk, Aeroz and Lumpy find that the warm mineral water seems to have accelerated the healing of their wounds.

Clean clothes are a luxury that you had almost forgotten about during your stay in the Underdark. Some of you choose to to don your armor - sleek, shiny and freshly repaired.

You follow Garent upstairs and are led to a pair of large oak doors.

A pair of servants carrying silver trays offers each of you a flute of fine wine as you enter the great hall ...

OOC: Here ends the Sea of Starry Night II. We'll meet in the Golden Griffon and get prepared for the Necromancer's Pact VI!