New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Beyond the AEther (IC)

"Subtle's not my thing." she said. "Don't need it."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yasen sighs.

Wonderful. She's going to get us killed at this rate.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-08-23 at 05:47 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

As Fenix gets out of the clouds and lands at the peak he takes a slight look at the horizon and again finds himfself in awe by that plane.The clouds swirling like mist around the tall peaks of mountains,he couldn't see very well but some looked covered in snow.A sight that most mortals would probably find near impossible to even imagine even if described by the best storyteller for that many words were non-existente

"Beautiful..." he says in a a low tone

But then again,the call comes back,this time even stronger,even hurting.He puts his hands on the head,closes his eyes and turn,taking a look at the cave as Secret shot light

"An approach as good as any,I guess.I think right now I would rather do the same.This voice is driving me mad"

(Oh yeah,sorry for taking your job over and ending up describing partially the landscape)

4. - Top - End - #94

Chase:
    'Yeah, I wouldn't mind a meal either.' Chase curiously follows their host, trying to take note of the route. When the meal arrives, he hesitantly waits to eat until either Nissus or their host has done so.
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Yasen, Fenix, Secret-
    Spoiler
    Show
    The spear of light penatrates into the cavern, it's intense heat and illumination showing all angles of the cave. Unfortunately, it seems there is much more to it then you had hoped. The cavern stretches inward, increadibly so. The light dissapates after a few seconds, however in the time it had traveled the cave, you were able to make out at LEAST a half mile of depth, if not more.

Once more the world reacts to the discharge of mana. A violent humming whells up from within the cave, and a new light is emitted. The light is faint, however you can feel the heat from here. Erupting from within the cavern is a jet of fire, wide as the cavern, and hot enough to melt bone!

Nissus, Chase-
    Spoiler
    Show
    The walk is short, and you learn little of your surrondings. The building itself is vastly under decorated. With little more then the occasional statuette or painting.
    Shortly after your walk from the prison, you are led to a dining hall. It is so far the most beautiful part of the complex. The chairs are all perfectly crafted, expertly varnished deep cyprus. The table is made similarly, where the floor and walls are all engraved marble. The table settings are silver and gold, possibly solid, and the food is expertly prepared. Everything has a sort of aura about it. An aura that speaks of perfection, and eloquence.

Your vampiric host is the first to sit, motioning for you both to follow. The three of you sit there, for a tense moment, nobody daring to sample the food. And then the vampiric leader digs in, keeping grace with every bite, watching, expecting the both of you to do the same.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

"...awesome!" she cheered, trying to form a blue elemental blast to block the flame.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

7. - Top - End - #97

Yasen Tal

Yasen shoots Secret another sour glance.

"Yes. Awesome. Woohoo."

Extending one hand, he re-forms the red ward around himself, splitting the tide of fire apart where it strikes the barrier.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Secret giggled.
    "What're you afraid of? We're Planeswalkers."

9. - Top - End - #99

Yasen Tal

Yasen's response is laconic and somewhat enigmatic.

"Fish."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

She stared at him, and then drew blue mana to summon a fish onto his head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hooray for Dominic Deegan?

11. - Top - End - #101

Yasen Tal

Yasen's hand snaps up and grabs the fish, then tosses it back at secret.

"Clever."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

She rapidly dodged it, with a giggle.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Yasen, Fenix, Secret-
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was going to wait till fenix's player posted, but since you guys are getting a little caught up in this.. side gag, I will post now.

The fire erupts from within the cave, drawing to the mouth within seconds. In this time, yasen once more conjures his protection from red mana. This works, for a time, however the spell seems to weaken from subsequent castings. Although the damage was nothing more then cosmetic, a few singes and scuffs.

Secrets blast of mana serves to help placate most of the inferno, lessening the damage the group takes.

Finally fenix manages to shield himself as well, only suffering cosmetic damage as well.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Secret yelped, instinctively channeling more white mana to heal the damage she had taken.

15. - Top - End - #105

Yasen Tal

Yasen ignores the light burns he receives from the inferno; he's dealt with far worse wounds under far worse conditions. Of more concern was the weakening of his spell; the Circles of Protection were normally inviolate, as long as enough mana was put into them. He dismisses it with some trepidation.

Wonderful. Now the plane is messing with my spells, too?

Walking forward, Yasen takes point at the head of the group and withdraws a small glass orb from one of his pockets. Speaking a command word, he causes it to flare to life with internal light, illuminating the cavern for a good distance. He continues onward.

"Come on, let's go."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Fenix checks his body for wounds.Apparently no actual harm done,so nothing to worry.But he was worried,it looked like the plane was against them

Along with Yasen he walks to inside the cavern,but keeps his hands ready for any spell

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Yasen, Fenix, Secret-
    Spoiler
    Show
    The three of you press onward into the cavern, the thick hot odor of the cave unbearable. Ignoring the putrid stench however, you advance further, the cave floor quickly becomming damp as you move further and further in.

Not more then five minutes in, well after the entrance has dissapeared from sight, you can hear a faint humming. You cannot tell where it originates from, as the cave echo's vastly the further in you go. After a short while you find that your orb of light fails you. Leaving you all in utter darkness.

Next you hear the sound of skittering. Tiny things, thousands of them, perhaps millions, moving, creeping, and crawling along the cave. At first you were slightly confused by what could make such a noise, until you felt it. thousands apon thousands of tiny spiders. They rush past your feet, the vibrations of so many tiny soilders felt even through your boots. The arachnid army seems to ignore you, moving through the cave with speed and determination. The worry of whatever rested in the cave had past, only to be replaced with a new fear.

A low, sinister humm emminating alot closer this time. Like the humms in he background, this one was thick, and heavy, like a war siren. However this one could be heard much closer, at least less then one hundread yards ahead of you.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

"...this is awesome." said Secret, eyes alight with amazement.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Fenix takes his hand to cover his ears,or at least attempt to.He didn't like the combination of that humm combined with the eerie voice of the call.And in the mess of the sounds,his thoughts sounded like a whisper to him only

"I heard undead screams who were better than this.I can't focus on any high-levle magic I think

Reacting on instinct Fenix raises his hands pointing towards the cave and lets black mana flow from his body to his hand, preparing to cast an attack spell

"No wait!This might trigger another one of those fire streams"

Quickly holding the magic he was about to unleash,he focus more and lets the mana go back to his body.Cursing in low voice.Those things were really messing up with him

20. - Top - End - #110

Chase:

Chase intensely watches the host as he starts eating, then eyes his own food suspiciously, but decides to dig in as well.
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

21. - Top - End - #111

Yasen Tal

Unable to do anything, Yasen looks around suspiciously. He begins gathering white and black mana, preparing to cast magic if he needs to do so.