New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Help me with an Evil Character!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone View Post
    Soulknife? Nooo.

Plain and simple, Soulknife sucks. It sucks hard. Its an entire class whose class feature is "has a magic weapon".

If you like the idea of being able to walk around "unarmed" and call up a weapon from nowhere, use Psychic Warrior 8 and take the Soulbound Weapon ACF. It's the exact same bonus scaling as a mindblade, for free, more flexible, and you get full PsyWar power progression.
    I see your point, but then you get into having to spend valuable PP on manifesting the weapon and then have to worry about duration. Meh.
    Maybe I'll only take 1 or 2 levels in SoulKnife and the rest in PsiWarrior.

@Randel
    The chameleon Race idea is a pretty good one. I could really pull off some shenanigans with the party using those ideas.
    "Let me get this straight, None of you bought rations?"
    "Nope."
    "Okay, you all starve to death in the desert."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

If the object is to confuse your enemies(and other PCs), try the chameleon PrC, or this homebrewed chameleon base class.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rigor_Mortis View Post
    I see your point, but then you get into having to spend valuable PP on manifesting the weapon and then have to worry about duration. Meh.

@Randel
    The chameleon Race idea is a pretty good one. I could really pull off some shenanigans with the party using those ideas.
    Call Weaponry is a 1-PP power though. Just going from PsyWar6 to PsyWar8 nets you 4+Wis Mod PP, improves your soulbound weapon to a free +2, +2 BAB, access to 2 3rd-level powers, and gives you a bonus feat - comparatively, spending those two levels of Soulknife gets you a nonmagical weapon you can conjure at will and lets you throw it. It'll be a very, very rare circumstance where you need your weapon for more than 4 stretches of 8 minutes at a time, and it's cheap to get even after that. Not to mention that you're effectively saving 16+ PP by having that free +2 bonus instead of needing to augment it to a +2.

Really, the only viable way to use a Soulknife is a Soulbow ranged build, which can actually be halfway decent. Otherwise, avoid it at all costs.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2010-08-03 at 08:45 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rigor_Mortis View Post

@Randel
    Soulbound Weapon ACF lets you summon those weapons for a single power point. Two more levels of psyWarrior is 2 more minutes of the weapon. The extra pp from those levels is also a good 3 or 4 more uses of the power. There's just no mechanical advantage in soulknife. As far as psionics go they're replaced in every possible sense by all other classes.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

Well now...I hadn't looked at it that way. :/
    Interesting. Okay.
    I guess Soulknife is on the outs then.

I'll look up the prereqs for the Chamleon PrC, although I know there was a PrC (the duelist?) that dealt with not wearing armor and instead adding your int mod to your AC instead, that I'm considering.

And someone here had a point, since I'm not spending gp on armor I can buy magic items that give me Spider Climb or Teleport or something along those lines.

I really appreciate all the help and advice guys, you've all been a great help so far!
    "Nope."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

Factoti do that. Duelists add int to damage when using a finesse weapon.

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Snake-Aes View Post
    Factoti do that. Duelists add int to damage when using a finesse weapon.
    You're thinking of Swashbucklers. The Duelist does add his Int to AC, maximum=Duelist class level, when unarmored.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Was the Duelist updated for 3.5?

The only one I saw still had ambidexterity listed as a prereq, and I know that was done away with in 3.5. (That, and I don't want a rapier)
    Last edited by Rigor_Mortis; 2010-08-03 at 12:13 PM.
    "Nope."

9. - Top - End - #39

It's in the 3.5 DMG, so yeah. It's really weak though, I'd avoid it (stick with pure PsyWar, solve your 'unarmored' problem with long-duration Inertial Armor and in-combat Defensive Precognition).

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

If your thinking of a psychic warrior, you might want to dip into the elocater prc. It would probably work well with an evil character, both mechanics wise and for feel what with teleport-striking, flanking from bizarre angles and floating several inches off the ground at any given time like your out of the goddamn Exorcist.
    "One saving throw at a time."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Hrmm, I liked the Duelist for the +int to AC but that's the only reason I wanted it tbh. Good point.

However!
    Holy Crap!

I just checked out the Chameleon PrC, It's AWESOME!
    I mean, WOW. That would give me so much roleplaying opportunities it isn't funny. I could really screw with the rest of the party.

Especially if I went changeling or another doppleganger (are there many?) race and changed my appearance too like someone suggested.
    "Nope."