New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 11

While Boo is indeed gone, Michiko is very much around. But as the only active 11th player I can remember, I guess you can do as you may.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Akio Yama
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 5‘7“
    Weight: 154
    Rieatsu: Cold and moist, like wet dirt.
    Speech: Yellow green - Impact

Appearance: Akio is a very distinct individual. He has slightly pale skin and waist length flowing silver hair. His eyes are a radiant blue green with a minor vertical slit and he wears a stoic grin most of the time. He wears the standard shinigami uniform with a white obi around his waist, the ends hanging loose on the front to his lower calf.

Personality: As a major power in the Yama Minor Noble Family, Akio takes great pride in his name. Any insult to another member of the family is viewed as an insult upon himself and he will thus do everything in his power to restore the honor of his family. Yuuta’s decision to be in the Kico Corps does not perturb Akio as much as it does other Yamas but he believes Yuuta would be very suited for 11th division, and will remind Yuuta of that fact whenever they meet. Akio fills the image of a stoic noble quite well, rarely if ever confiding in those outside the family or even trusting them. He has great respect for the Hayaki clan and as such views Natsuko with the utmost respect as both his captain and a powerful noble.

Akio sees little sense in worrying about his own life, often seeming depressed to others by the fact he has little regard for himself and a lack of intensity to most personal situations. Couple that with his minor antisocial behavior and his habit of drinking alone, one may start to believe he’s in trouble. Truth is he’d rather drink alone because he trusts no one else.

History: Before the cold war with Hueco Mundo, Akio was a proud member of the family division, 11th. As the war slowly died, so did the fighting of the 11th. After the start of the cold war, Akio transferred to 13th in order to fight the hollows once again.

Zanpakuto:
    Sealed: As a sealed weapon, (name) is not very extraordinary. Its length is immaculate, polished and a slight metallic blue tint shows on the blade. The hilt is in a fine white silk wrapping and the guard is an hourglass shape of polished brass.
    Shikai: (release command): (name) Forms a perfectly white thin chain to attach to a large wood framed hourglass. The hourglass is as hard as his zanpakuto as well as the chain.
    Abilities: Releasing increases Akios power by quite a bit, though gives little else to him. He has the ability to release his rieatsu from along the blade, which seems like blasts of sand.
    Bankai: Not yet achieved but in training.

Spirit: (name) inner spirit takes the shape of a guardian angel atop the grave of Akios first kill. rarely ever moves frantically and more often than not speaks cryptically.

Inner World: Akios inner world is dark and foreboding. Inside the wrought iron fence of a cemetery is his sanctuary, the graves representing those he has killed, hollow names filling the entire site. The skies above are always black but give off a little light, just enough to see Akios inner representations of shortcomings gnawing at the bars. These creatures look like large black canines. Akio meditates in his inner world twice daily, no matter what else is happening.

Abilities:
    Kido: Average for his seat in Hado but below average in Bakudo. Akio can use up to level 67 Had with incantation and up to 34 without. Akio can only use up to level 43 Bakudo with incantation and 20 wihout.
    Shunpo: Below average. Akio can only use Shunpo a few times in succession and rarely uses them during battle except to follow an opponent that he knocks away, or one that tries to run.
    Zanjutsu: Slightly above average. Akio has devoted his entire fighting style to his blade, and therefore is well trained.
    Hakudo: Well below average. Akios use of hakudo fell to the wayside as he trained his sword skills. He uses what little hakudo he does possess to compliment his zanjutsu.

I still need a name for his Zanpakuto, and a release command. Future plans are to be fill in captain of 13th when Natsuko takes maternity leave and Karite undergoes hollowfication. When Natsuko is about to come back he will request a lateral transfer to replace the retiring Himura. I'd like to hear from Strawberryman and the central 5 about the second part of the plans. I'm currently discussing the character with Hadrian, as he said he would like the next captain of 11th to be a Yama.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-08-09 at 01:15 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Sounds like something that will take a while to happen in-game, but otherwise a sound plan. Thumbs up. The character doesn't look half bad either. Thumbs up from me.

Also, rejoice! There's another character speaking with the rude, loud growl Hannibal uses!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    To restate the purpose of the event, it's to give a good in-game reason for all the unseated characters to meet up and build connections. If there aren't any in the 10th, well, that's a pity.
    I'm...kind of in the same boat. I can technically have Masaru respond, but he's the only PC in 8th. Shrugs*

See, my bigger concern is Yoshi. I want him to go on patrol with 13th, and so does he. Both for some field training, and for, potentially, some bounty money.

...If possible, it'd be fun to have him work with Ikimi and Shinji, but if that's not doable, no big.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sounds like something that will take a while to happen in-game, but otherwise a sound plan. Thumbs up. The character doesn't look half bad either. Thumbs up from me.

Also, rejoice! There's another character speaking with the rude, loud growl Hannibal uses!
    You never replied to what Karite said to Sato.

Just telling you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    [13th Division]

Karite walks past his office, silently fuming. Sure, he knew that as Vice Captain he's no longer allowed to drop everything to go patrol, but it would be nice to patrol anything in the Mortal World, just one last time. He continues to fume until he hits the signpost, where his expression softens, seeing Sato. He walks up behind younger Shinigami, with a slight grin on his face.

"First time leading a patrol, eh?"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    You never replied to what Karite said to Sato.

Just telling you.

Uh, yes he did.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I'm...kind of in the same boat. I can technically have Masaru respond, but he's the only PC in 8th. Shrugs*

See, my bigger concern is Yoshi. I want him to go on patrol with 13th, and so does he. Both for some field training, and for, potentially, some bounty money.

...If possible, it'd be fun to have him work with Ikimi and Shinji, but if that's not doable, no big.
    As you can see, Frozen, despite this post here, I was struck by some inspiration.

If you need to refresh yourself, the link to the 8th Division duties is in my signature.

Still no PCs, but you can at least assume you'll have plenty of 8th members to go around.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmm. I have a character idea that JUST might work with the 8th. Need to think a little deeper into it, though.

How does anyone feel about small-scale foresight and/or psychometry?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #188

I really like the flavor of this new Yama. While not the typical meathead that the clan is known for producing, the consistent 11th poking should still be enough to get under Yuuta's skin.

Although, I must confess that I am curious about what to expect from his eventual Bankai. I'm picking up a serious "Grim Reaper" vibe to match that compelling inner world.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I'm sorry if I frustrated you. I was simply trying to keep the process logical, orderly, and unrushed. A good portion of that is so that it actually has dramatic weight; bankai is an enormous step, and not something to be achieved lightly on-screen.
    Connected to that, in Reborn, it's supposed to stay pretty rare. We don't have a single Vice-Captain with Bankai, and that's on purpose. When they start achieving it, the next tier down maybe feels the need. Then the next. It becomes a nigh-unstoppable arms race. It's the same reason we're trying to curb the presence of Vizard (though that seems less successful).

So take some time to think your process out, and I wager your story will be better for it.
    Thanks.^_^ I may seem frustrated by all this conversation with you, but I do appreciate it KD.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

10. - Top - End - #190
    Halfling in the Playground

What? Message to the captains....I didn't see that! Must have missed it....like so many Fire Emblem discussions.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

11. - Top - End - #191

Okay! I am back from vacation! So, what did I miss?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    Okay! I am back from vacation! So, what did I miss?
    HM has barely moved.

SS hasn't moved much. I/Yoshi am still waiting on a reply to this post and this post, if possible.

Also, school is starting. Class 1-2 (16 year olds, with characters such as Kaito, Valeria, Aki, and others) is going through the roll call, currently. Or just finished it, such that unless you do a "been there the whole time" post, Takara and Erima would be late.

13. - Top - End - #193

Posted in the Soul Society. Which classroom would Erima and Takara be in?

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Posted in the Soul Society. Which classroom would Erima and Takara be in?
    Well. Assuming you want them with all the other 16-year old characters, Class 1-2. I don't think we assigned a "room number" to it, just the Class number.

15. - Top - End - #195

Thanks!

Also, Tai's Bakudo is clearly made up and I have no clue if shinigami can have personal Kido, but she is in the Kido Corps in charge of one of the research divisions... and I thought this would be funny and nonlethal.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Thanks!

Also, Tai's Bakudo is clearly made up and I have no clue if shinigami can have personal Kido, but she is in the Kido Corps in charge of one of the research divisions... and I thought this would be funny and nonlethal.
    I made up something like half the Kido on Yoshi's list. Draken has created several Kido that Kazuo seems to use exclusively. So it's definitely possible.

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    [Class 1-2]

Yawning, Ryo made his way towards the classroom door. As soon as he got there however, he immediately became an alert and attentive student, ready to learn, however late he might have been. Bowing to the teacher, he said in a cheerful tone, "Good morning, sensei, please excuse my tardiness." Izumi asked him to take out the lip ring, but she wasn't here to make him. Maybe he should have listened, "My friend, Izumi also wanted me to express her regret for not attending school today, she's not feeling well." he continued. Not a lie exactly, just an understatement. She was injured from a run-in with a hollow last night. He was able to patch her up, but she still needed rest.
    Um, Strawberry? I think you missed this post. If you could address it, I'd be grateful.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Tai]

As he turns back, Yoshi finds Tai on her feet, still fully bound by several kido, but standing nonetheless. Her face is stern, all hints of the previous childishness gone from it.

"I could break the kido, but there is no fun in that. So, how about a real match. Zanpaktou sealed, no kido, no tricks."
    Uh, Purple? How does that interact with Yoshi's actions in this post, where he specifically binds her ankles together. Frankly, she shouldn't really be able to move, not without breaking a couple of those Bakudo.

Edit: That said, I'll at least partly roll with things. After my next SS post, I'm done for the night/morning. Sleep....
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-08-10 at 02:45 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Edited this post to accommodate for Ryo.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Hmmm. I have a character idea that JUST might work with the 8th. Need to think a little deeper into it, though.

How does anyone feel about small-scale foresight and/or psychometry?
    Bumping this before people lose sight of it.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    What? Message to the captains....I didn't see that! Must have missed it....like so many Fire Emblem discussions.

This post here.
    The part pertaining to 13th Division. I don't recall if there are any characters in 2nd that would be touched by the Joint Op missions, but some form of reaction would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-08-10 at 10:16 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stuff
    Foresight/prescience is a pain to work with. With personal experience behind it, I'd say you'd need to thoroughly explain just what was involved, technicalities, etc. before any kind of writeup should be done.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Bumping this before people lose sight of it.
    I'm very hesitant on the idea. Even "small-scale" foresight can quickly become an enormous advantage, one that can overpower many other advantages.

I'd need to see as much detail as possible on the powers themselves before I could say much more, though. Beyond "I'm leaning towards it not being a great idea".

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

One thing good to remember with foresight is that just because you see it coming, doesn't mean you can do jack squat to prevent it.

Example, from Naruto: Sharingan allows the user to perfectly observe and mimic bodily movements, to the point where a user can fool a victim into believing he knows what he's about to do beforehand. Yet when Sasuke first fought Rock Lee, he was trashed. Why? Because, while he knew exactly when he had to block and how, his body was too weak and too slow to follow through.

You can probably make a balanced precognition-based power as long as you keep limitations like this in mind.

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Edited this post to accommodate for Ryo.
    Much thanks.

26. - Top - End - #206

This post here.
    The part pertaining to 13th Division. I don't recall if there are any characters in 2nd that would be touched by the Joint Op missions, but some form of reaction would be appreciated.
    Oh there it is.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

When I say small-scale, I DO mean small-scale.

The idea behind the power itself would basically be having someone who could see three seconds into the future within a certain radius (specifically, that of his senses). Obviously, if there is nothing to be seen, or if there's no reasonable way the character were able to detect it, it wouldn't come up.

Plus there's the factor FF takes into consideration. Knowing what's going to happen doesn't mean you can necessarily avoid it. I figured the character would be a good fit for 8th because this is the kind of power a strategist would love.

As for the psychometry bit, I figure it could be a Kidou of some sort. It fits better than something a zanpakutou would enable, methinks.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

When I say small-scale, I DO mean small-scale.

The idea behind the power itself would basically be having someone who could see three seconds into the future within a certain radius (specifically, that of his senses). Obviously, if there is nothing to be seen, or if there's no reasonable way the character were able to detect it, it wouldn't come up.

Plus there's the factor FF takes into consideration. Knowing what's going to happen doesn't mean you can necessarily avoid it. I figured the character would be a good fit for 8th because this is the kind of power a strategist would love.

As for the psychometry bit, I figure it could be a Kidou of some sort. It fits better than something a zanpakutou would enable, methinks.
    Three seconds wouldn't be very useful for strategy. That timeframe is way to short to do anything but yell "Duck!".

Psychometry would, if anything, be the more potent of the 2 abilities, and definitely not something a Kido should do. It could provide a whole wealth of information, especially if it was a measured, reliable ability.

I'd suggest dropping the foresight, and focusing on the pyschometry. That seems like something with a better application for a strategy division, and with a wider range of uses. Maybe extend it into a couple of other "extrasensory" abilities.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

If you want interesting precognition-based power for zanpakuto, maybe you could steal from Isaac of Heroes? You know, the painter who got small glimpses of future and put them on canvas.

It was non-broken, because all his picture were utterly without context - they only conveyed what would happen, not how or why. Could be interesting for creating potential character interaction and plot points.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

If you want interesting precognition-based power for zanpakuto, maybe you could steal from Isaac of Heroes? You know, the painter who got small glimpses of future and put them on canvas.

It was non-broken, because all his picture were utterly without context - they only conveyed what would happen, not how or why. Could be interesting for creating potential character interaction and plot points.
    That's also a possibility.

...I remember when that show was good.