New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1

Default [4e] Playable Lizardfolk with racial feats

I think Lizardfolk are my favorite monster race. They look more alien than Tolkien-inspired races without having too many racial traits.
    They're also neutral, so they're not walking bags of XP like orcs and goblins, but they're not noble savages either. I like that.

LIZARDFOLK
    Type: Natural Humanoid (reptile)
    Height: 5'4"-6'0"
    Weight: 200lb-230lb
    Ability Scores: +2 Srength, +2 Dexterity or Wisdom
    Size: Medium
    Speed: 6 squares (Swamp Walk)
    Vision: Normal
    Languages: Common, Draconic
    Skill bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Nature
    Scales: You gain a +1 racial bonus to your AC defense.
    Sidestep Attack: You can use Sidestep Attack as an at-will power.

Sidestep Attack
    Lizardfolk Racial Power

Useless flavor text.
    At-Will
    Standard action
    Personal
    Effect: You shift 1 square and make a melee basic attack.

HEROIC TIER FEATS
    Spoiler
    Show

Greenscale Sniper
    Prerequisites: Lizardfolk, trained in Stealth
    Benefit: When you miss with a ranged attack while hidden, you can make a Stealth check to remain hidden.

Lizardfolk Weapon Training
    Prerequisites: Lizardfolk
    Benefit: You gain proficency and a +2 bonus to damage rolls with all spears and maces.
    You treat all spears and maces as high crit weapons.

Tactical Sidestep
    Prerequisites: Level 11, Lizardfolk, Leader role
    Benefit: When you use your Sidestep Attack racial power, one ally within 5 squares can shift 1 square as an immediate reaction.

Tail Sweep
    Prerequisites: Lizardfolk, proficiency bonus to unarmed attacks
    Benefit: Once per round, when you hit with an unarmed attack, you can knock the target prone.

PARAGON TIER FEATS
    Spoiler
    Show

Improved Terrain Walk
    Prerequisites: Level 11, Lizardfolk
    Benefit: You ignore all types of natural difficult terrain, but not terrain created by powers.

Monstrous Scales
    Prerequisites: Level 11, Lizardfolk
    Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus to AC and Resist 1 to all damage.
    Last edited by Faleldir; 2010-07-22 at 09:15 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] Playable Lizardfolk with racial feats

Nice concept. Will there be a lizardfolk-only racial paragon path to match the ones all the other races get in PHB2?
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

It looks kind of nice, but I have a few nitpicks.

First off, a racial power should be usable no matter the class/weapon layout. However, your power is questionable in several characters hands that could make decent use of this race, like an Archery Ranger. It's also bad for someone who doesn't do Strength primary, like a Rogue. It also becomes less useful as you level up except for possibily fighters, who want to boost up or replace a MBA anyway. However, I'm not sure what keeps the flavor and makes it useful.

Your channel divinity powers seem pretty nasty compared to many of them that exist, and an encounter power should really avoid (save ends) without significant restrictions or to allow for ongoing damage.

Tactical Sidestep needs to be moved to Paragon feats, which I think you intended. Greenscale sniper looks better than Rogue utilities that do the same thing (all of which I believe are encounter powers).

To me, the heroic feats seem rather powerful for racial feats, while the race itself feels like it wants just a bit more.

4. - Top - End - #4

Will there be a lizardfolk-only racial paragon path to match the ones all the other races get in PHB2?
    I'm trying to make one, but I can't think of a theme for it. I wish there was more fluff to inspire me.

First off, a racial power should be usable no matter the class/weapon layout. However, your power is questionable in several characters hands that could make decent use of this race, like an Archery Ranger. It's also bad for someone who doesn't do Strength primary, like a Rogue.
    Well sure, but who chooses a race with a bonus to a dump stat? I'll make an alternative racial power for Poisonscale Lizardfolk, but it will still be useless to implement-wielders.

Your channel divinity powers seem pretty nasty compared to many of them that exist, and an encounter power should really avoid (save ends) without significant restrictions or to allow for ongoing damage.
    You're right. I just copied the MM1 without looking at similar feats. How embarrassing.

5. - Top - End - #5

Bump.
    If I change Tactical Sidestep to be an immediate reaction instead of free, is it still overpowered?