New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Default Agents of K.I.C.K - Reloaded IC

DISCLAIMER: This game will contain violence, bad language, drug references, content of a sexual nature and bad puns.

Any similarities to any persons, living or dead, is unintentional. Except when it is intentional.

Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
    BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR, per G.G., Chief of Ordinance.

It's a bright, clammy summer morning at K.I.C.K. Headquarters, a non-descript glass-and-chrome skyscraper much like any other in The City.

K.I.C.K. was first developed as a government subsidiary during World War II, when Hitler first brought the supernatural to the battlefield. While the images of power-armoured SS soldiers and anti-Semitic werewolves were hidden from the public, the government knew they needed some defence against such ultra-mundane threats to their soil. Thus, K.I.C.K. was born, those first few souls single-handedly taking out the Nazi threat.

60 years on, K.I.C.K. has gone private-sector - they are paid vast amounts of money by various parties to investigate and beat up paranormal threats to the US.

You are the latest intake.

You are waiting in a high-fashion modern waiting room. The walls are a soothing plain colour, somewhere between yellow and creme. Adorning them are various PoMo art pieces that took 5 minutes to do, yet are worth tens of thousands of dollars.

You sit in the various couches, seats and assorted resting places, waiting to be called in.

Have you met before? Worked for K.I.C.K. previously, or is this your first mission? What are you doing while you wait?
    Last edited by whiskytangofoxt; 2010-08-06 at 10:45 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Agents of K.I.C.K - Reloaded IC

The resident killing machine, Fred Broll, was seated on one of the couches, wiping the last traces of blood off of his cheek. On the way over, some tentacled creature tried to attack him from a manhole and he had to eviscerate it. It was the second time this week. He didn't even bother to talk about that kind of thing anymore, it was so commonplace.

Broll had been a part of K.I.C.K. since he was 16, back in 2000. He'd been a steady employee ever since; mostly because he loves his job. He really loves his job. Anyone working for K.I.C.K. from around that point would know him, or at least know of him.

He'd heard scuttlebutt that they were assembling a new team. It was always fun to get set up with a bunch of other freaks (freaks are his kind of people).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

His chin protruded and making those groovin' back-and-forth moves, his eyes slowly scannin' the room, his ears bombarded with rhythmic volleys of double bass-drum kickin', channeled from the Unholy Gods of the Underworld by the earphones of his old, 90's-spirited DIY walkman, Django sits. And hell dam', he sits fine! There's some gravity of his own in this 7'5" 240-pound body!

The top of his head still lets a thin streak of smoke, because, well, roadside mines aren't something you can just Schwarzkopf off. At least he changed the pants, and now sits (damn fine he sits!) in camo trouser shorts and similar jacket, with the white skull on a black Danzig T-shirt underneath. A smirk runs through his face, recalling he couldn't chase the Kraken up on the way here and had to let it run to the sewers. Just now, a tiny, shy reflex of sympathy in his mind hoped no one got hurt too seriously 'cause of that.

Shaking off his daydreaming and the present tense, Django looked around. Some faces, quite familiar, not too much, though. K.I.C.K.'s teamwork, but that ain't like you're sitting around a table, discussin', is it, now? He had been working there just a year, but got to know what the deal's about, and seeing all the pitiful crap walking the streets with no way out, felt he'd made the right decision to join.

Or that he had the 'right luck' to mix up the addresses and deliver pizza to the HQ. Needless to say, ten times big Extra Deluxe did earn him some entry and welcome! And now, here, it seems he's about to be deliverin' some pure axe-spiced stomach-kickdown once again.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sitting alone one a couch, seeming to doze is Jonathan Ryan, he'd been with the agency for 8 years now, and had solved many problems since his start. He looked normal, but he was far from. He had seen many things, things that hadn't happened. He'd seen countless VIP assassinations, none come to pass, several doomsday's, a few nuclear warheads, and he'd seen himself die more times than he should. Around here things like that weren't strange, around here the 'Freaks' were the regulars. That was one of the reasons he was here, for excitement, and he figured if he wasn't here, they'd recruit him sooner or later.

Perhaps he really was sleeping, but it was unlikely it was more likely he was getting to know the others in the room. Seeing futures that wouldn't come.

But he was calm. He was unshakable, and virtually unsurprisable.
    HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO TYPE LIKE THIS?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves View Post
    The top of his head still lets a thin streak of smoke, because, well, roadside mines aren't something you can just Schwarzkopf off.
    Seeing this caused Broll to grin and give him a nod. Props. He'd heard of this guy (after all, he did bring up ten big Extra Deluxe pizzas).

"Looks like I ain't the only one with a crazy commute."

Broll said before tossing the bloody paper towel.

"Want to get a pool going to bet on what we're fightin' today?"

He said to the rest of the room. He pointed at Jonathan.

"Except you! You cheat, man."

6. - Top - End - #6

JR smiles and opens his eyes to look Broll.

"Yeah games, against other people that know what I can do aren't really my thing. But I'm great at poker, and horse-racing."

From his pocket he pulls out a worn deck of cards, and begins shuffling absently.

"I don't know yet you know, but I can tell you we probably won't be fighting anything in the next couple minutes."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Thanks, but nah," said Django and tossed the bloodstained towel into an adjacent bin. "Now that it's smokin', like, I'd at least get some steam out of it, ain't I, man," he laughed, stood up and came up to JR.

"Cards, eh? In cards you can't pray for snake eyes, man. You, you'd have me runnin' with just my boxers on if I played with ya," he extended his hand and started picking cards from the top of the deck, but looking somewhere above, at the wall. "What, I know that, I'd get what? An ace of base, maybe a jack? Johnson, huh? And you'd end up with an ace of spades, a queen, or maybe it be a king, some killer joker, huh?" Django just barely glanced at the cards he pulled, knowing what he's going to see there. Yeah. Some people got the 'suttle' talents, eh?
    Last edited by Thieves; 2010-08-06 at 03:05 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

"Dude, I don't know what card game you're describing, but it sounds awesome."

He said with a grin to Django and JR.

"Though, come to think of it, I did run into a killer Joker before. It's surprising how hard he could kick in that floppy red shoe."

He said with a thoughtful nod.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Django froze, and in a pose that would just require him a burning cigarette, a bent cowboy hat and a long black coat, he said:
    "That ain't a game, man. It's a way of life."

And easing up and walking back to his place on the waiting sofa, he added:
    "And yeah, these jokers can be a kick to the ass."
    Last edited by Thieves; 2010-08-06 at 03:59 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sitting in there with his rocket launcher near him and with some heavy-armored lower body, but not much for the upper one, Fredderick Cane, the physics-using rocket warrior was smoking a cigar now. Basically, cane's a blockhead looking like he had an enormous amount of physical workout done, having the classic army-type shave and dressed into something resembling a soldier's uniform. He had been working for K.I.C.K. for quite some time now, since he was 18 years old and he was 29 now - a veteran, that is. Cane took inhaled some smoke in his mouth tasting it, and exhaled it, laughing at the conversation going on, going closer to the man with cards and sitting in front of him.

"Poker's easy, you just have to wait for good cards." - he says, smiling. - "Lets play."
    Last edited by Critical; 2010-08-08 at 05:38 AM.
    Awesome Bleachatar by Terry576.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Levethix the Dray Arcane Swordsage from the harsh world of Dark Sun.

Fallout bloody mess avatar by C-Lam.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Grace was never inconspicuous; a perky blonde looking for all the world like a teenager usually wasn't, not when surrounded by K.I.C.K. agents. But she could at least have changed out of the cheerleading uniform. Instead she flounces around the room in a miniskirt, industriously texting on her phone.

She was relatively new to the organization, having only attempted a scant few missions since finishing training. But news like that gets around. Almost everyone had run into Grace cartwheeling through the training room, or petitioning the organization's director for "casual Fridays."

Finally snapping the tiny phone shut, Grace nimbly swings around a chair and pulls up a seat by the cards. "Poker, huh? How do you play? Is it hard?"
    Last edited by Eurus; 2010-08-06 at 05:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

JR sits smiling with shuffling the deck of cards without looking at the other two people next to him.

"I don't think you understand. I can't play games, let me show you."

Jonathan blinks, and in that split second he saw what would have happened if he had flipped the cards up and then dealt them, effectively knowing what everyone held. Then he was back to reality and dealing the cards to everyone.
    Before he or the other players had picked up their cards:

"Cane wins, with a full house, three 4's and two 8's, Grave has a pair of Jack's, and I have a Queen high."

He was right, he was always right, so he like games much. Strange he would carry a deck of cards.

"You guys can play though, and I'll try and keep my mouth shut, if you'd like."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Broll sat back, watching people talk about playing cards with JR. He grinned and shook his head. He responded to Grace.

"It's hard when you play with that guy. You know, I've seen you around. I'm definitely down for the casual Friday bit. Sometimes you want to be comfortable when you're decapitating hydras."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Grace nods emphatically. "I totally know, right? Like on my last mission, they totally wouldn't let me wear my new high heels! Said they 'weren't regulation,' whatever that means. They were a brand new pair and everything, totally went with my outfit that day, I was so ticked. And it's way harder to drive a tennis shoe through a Nazi's neck. Hopefully they go easier on you once you're not a pleeb anymore, right?"

As she talks, she idly looks at the still face-down cards. "Wow, you're good at this. Are you, like, a circus magician or something?"
    Last edited by Eurus; 2010-08-07 at 01:21 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

OrcBarbarianGuy

"No Grace. Not a magician." A figure behind her sighed exasperatedly. He brushed his lank brown fringe out of face only for it to fall back almost instantly. He wasn't a tall man by any means, barely scraping 5'6'', in fact he wasn't imposing in any sort of manner. He was wearing a khaki military jacket, a green t-shirt that would of said something slightly ironic if the print hadn't almost completely faded, a pair of old ripped jeans and black combat boots completed his haphazard look. He pulled out a pair of round wire frame glasses and, after briefly breathing on them and wiping them on his t-shirt, put them on.
    "Possibly some form of paranormal precognition, science is ruled out as you do not have the.....traits of my 'kind', Mr Ryan I presume? He outstretched his hand to JR.
    Last edited by Malfunctioned; 2010-08-07 at 04:33 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    And it's way harder to drive a tennis shoe through a Nazi's neck. Hopefully they go easier on you once you're not a pleeb anymore, right?"
    Broll nodded and scratched his chin for a moment.

"You know, I did kick a guy's head off one time while wearing sneakers. Does that count as going through his neck? Anyway, just hang in there, you'll be fine."

He looked up to Cane. Broll was pretty sure Elton John wrote a song about him. He gave him a head nod, that masculine greeting.

We had the cheerleader, the Lumberjack, the Rocket-man, the Mad-Scientist, the Card Shark, and yours truly. Looked like this mission was going to be a good one, if they're packing all these guys together.

17. - Top - End - #17

Cane switched the cigar to the other side of his mouth with his lips, exhaling another puff of smoke. "Impressive, pretty boy. You've ruined my great hand, though." - Cane says, putting the cards away and puffing the cigar again. He then turned to the blonde.

"Wear armored boots. Or soldier boots. They aren't pretty, but you'll do just fine." - he said, knocking on his lower body armor. - "Gotta keep em safe."

He then returned a glance to Broll. What the hell did this guy want? Cane basically asked that with the expression on his face.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: What Elton John's song? xD

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: "Rocket Man"

He spoke up to Cane, in an attempt to alleviate the confusion.

"What up, dude? That armor looks pretty bad-ass."

See? Just being friendly.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Miss Mae sits in the corner, impassionately investigating her nails and filing them to within a milimetre of accepted length.

Before she can fire off some witty remark, you are asked to take your seats in the meeting room next door.

As you enter the room, there is a large rounded table. A voice clicks over a small intercom on the table, and asks you to take a seat.

*If everyone is ready, we will begin.*

From an unseen projector, an image springs onto the wall, showing a large, stepped building and a corprate logo - a stylised skull.

"Mayincatek Inc. are a new face on the technologcal scene. However, we have very little idea what they actually do. Records show that, out of 1300 applicants, 200 have found employment in the company. Another 70 have since been found dead in highly ritualised murders.

Each victim has been found skinned, hearts and tongues removed, and hung upside down from the roof. This company is the only link between the victims."

Various crime scene photos support the claim.

"You have each been granted a place in one of the interview processes. Use the time to investigate the offices, and see if you can find any leads about the murders.

You have approximately 2 hours before your interview. Use them well.

Any questions?"

What would you like to do?
    Last edited by whiskytangofoxt; 2010-08-08 at 10:26 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Mayincatek Inc. are a new face on the technologcal scene. However, we have very little idea what they actually do. Records show that, out of 1300 applicants, 200 have found employment in the company. Another 70 have since been found dead in highly ritualised murders.
    "Man, I heard it was a rough economy, but that's excessive."

He looked through the crime scene photos. Man, this kind of evil crap really got his blood boiling.

"Alright. So, when we get in and gather intel, how long do you want us to wait before we take the next step. . . or can we just start cleaning house right then?"

He grinned a wild grin.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCracker View Post
    Alright. So, when we get in and gather intel, how long do you want us to wait before we take the next step. . . or can we just start cleaning house right then?
    "You should wait and collect solid evidence that the company is behind these murders, and take appropriate action. At least, as appropriate as you can manage..."
    Last edited by whiskytangofoxt; 2010-08-08 at 11:31 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, alright. Guess I'll go get ready for my interview."

Broll then (after the meeting is adjurned) gets a suit for the interview, prints up a fake resume that looks incredible, and gets a long canvass tube to put in bogus rolled up pie charts and to hide his sword inside of it.

23. - Top - End - #23

Cane laughed at the remark about bad-ass armor, and nodded afterwards. He then listened to the briefing.

"Why would a company kill it's own employees? My bet it's a rival company."

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Grace gasps at the description of the murders, looking horrified. "That's, like, totally not okay! Cubicle nerds are people too, they can't just kill them like that!"

She seems to accept without question that it's the company itself responsible for the murders.
    Last edited by Eurus; 2010-08-08 at 01:10 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Mayincawhat?", grunted Django, "Like Manson & Family, I say!" He blinked at the tone of his voice. Something changed in the last several minutes, but he couldn't put a finger on it.

"Interviews? You gotta be kiddin'. I can do warehouse stuff. Yeah." He looked around, not really expecting anyone and their crippled dog to be astonished at his qualifications, but still. "Yeah. I mean, I'm getting into a suit? I can program VCRs. Or drive a fork-lifter. But I ain't late-night crawlin' in ventilation ducts doin' Tom Cruise Impossible! ... He's a little wackhead."

"But uh, yeah. Who's doing my CV?" To anyone from his parts that would pass with a "*gasp*!" from a thousand throats and a tumbleweed rolling by. One thing you'd be expected to be able to do, coming from the East E'ur, would be writing CVs.
    Last edited by Thieves; 2010-08-08 at 01:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I will volunteer to for an interview. I'm sure I can dumb my intellect enough so that they will not suspect me of being anything more than I seem. It should be a piece of cake."

27. - Top - End - #27

Jonathan smiles, getting a job was one of the things that was easy for him, he always knew all the right answers, and could see how to respond to all the questions for the best performance. "Yeah this should be a real walk in the park"

It was the investigating that would be more difficult.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    "Why would a company kill it's own employees? My bet it's a rival company."
    "These were not employees - these were rejected applicants. Remember and do well in your interviews, people."

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves View Post
    "But uh, yeah. Who's doing my CV?"
    "Those of you not comfortable writing your own Curricula Vitae will have them provided for you. See Anna at the Armory for your normal kit and identities."
    Last edited by whiskytangofoxt; 2010-08-08 at 04:00 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Correction to earlier post.

When Fred is picking up his props, he sees Anna for the kit.

He tells her: "Let's make this disguise a little Gordon Gecko. These big money types appreciate that kind of thing, right? Also, make the graphs overly complicated."

He planned to mask his utter lack of business knowledge with total bullcrap, keep them confused, and make it sound like he was a future corporate star. That's pretty much how they did it in the 80s.

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by whiskytangofoxt View Post
    "These were not employees - these were rejected applicants. Remember and do well in your interviews, people."
    "That's even stranger... So, by an interview you mean "go and apply to the job over there"? Every dog in this town knows who I am!" - he says, turning to Anna.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.