New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Three Worlds: Age of Heroes (in-character)

"If I encounter them you will hear about it." She promised. "But now I must take my leave." She walks outside, waiting for the other interested to defeat those bandits and see whether they got other useful information.
    Last edited by Rannil; 2010-08-10 at 11:27 AM.
    ~~And now I'm moving... Shouldn't change that much in my posting... But Hitting is still allowed when I slack off.~~

Thanks a lot to GreenMuffin, again, for another awesome avatar. Steampunk warforged ftw!

My dragons:

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Solomon stood silent as Rhana, walked back to the group. "Did the goblin have any useful information?"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Woden was watching wearily from a distance as the adventurers spoke to the Gob, trusting it about as far is it could throw him, but again keeping in mind that wantonly attacking is would likely be taken poorly.

Now that the group has returned from it, he voices his opinion on the matter. The Goblin is a gob; you can't take anything it says at face value. Now, to business! These bandits most likely have a camp somewhere near the keep and some certainly wanted out for drink and pleasure. So, unless any of you actually know where to find them, I'd suggest we ask around and browbeat a few drunkards.
    Guess who, it's Kaosubaloo!
    Shards RPG: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...s0q1rtodzrBhU/

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

"Indeed. We should gather as much information as possible, rather than blindly charge the countryside."

Sir Elric ties up his warhorse, then makes his way towards the nearest inn. After entering, he looks about for anyone who seems shady enough to have dealings with bandits.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Upon entering the Sleeping Cat Inn and Tavern, the first person you notice is a fairly large man by the doorway. His somewhat misshapen face, betrays what is likely an ogrish heritage. He has a sap in hand, and wears studded leather armor. He is almost 6'5" tall and fairly large, although you have no doubt you could take him in a one on one fight.

The wonderful smell you noticed earlier is most likely coming from the center table. A group of 4 elves, and 2 catfolk, clad in silks sit in a circle about it eating a hearty, if late, breakfast. In the center of the table is a locked, metal strongbox. Another group of five humans are playing cards at a nearby table as they eat. They're wearing a mix of scale and chain mail, and longswords hang at their waists.

Two men sit at the bar, separated by several empty stools. One has mid-length red hair, a freckled face, and a grin as he watches the barmaid walk. The other wears a cloak inscribed with three symbols, one of which matches that which Rhana wears on her cloak, the other two likely the holy symbols of other gods. In addition to these three symbols his cloak is inscribed with various runic glyphs which can be recognized as Draconic writing. His hair is long and black, tied back in a ponytail. A hawk perches on the stool beside his, occasionally the man will take a piece of meat from his breakfast and feed it to the bird.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

The lockbox was intriguing, but it wasn't what he came here for. The man who was grinning and staring at the barmaid seemed like the type who might know something... or he was simply a pervert. Either way, it was worth a shot. Sir Elric made his way over to him.

"Barmaid, a drink for my new friend here."

(Rolling Diplomacy on him.)

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[21]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

He gives you a look. He seems suspicious at first but quickly dismisses it. "So what you doin' here? An adventurer, a mercenary? I'm guessing you have some questions."

He's about 16, maybe 17, and his eyes a light hazel. You note the definite odor of spell reagents, and the bulging pouch which is most likely where he keeps his spell components. Under his clothes he seems to be wearing a suit of studded leather armor, although such light armor is common in these days of bandits, raiders, and monsters.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm simply seeking the whereabouts of an old friend from my rougher days. Someone who I'd like to catch up with at some point. I heard he was in a bit of trouble, so I've decided to come help him out. I was wondering if you knew him."

Speaking quietly, Sir Elric said.

"His name is Kotetsu, and I'm sure he'd want to speak with me as soon as possible."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Yes they are, and also you'll need to make a bluff check soon.

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Jakiro

The minuscule dragon eventually caught wind of the goblin's eyes upon him, but still seemed to care little. He was listening, but had more of an eye out for any unattended pies that might be sitting around outside. When the group of individuals (or portion thereof) he had been keeping tabs on heads inside the nearest tavern he follows but does not enter. He instead keeps to the shadows and disappears down an alley. He circles around the building to check for alternate exits and then flies up to land on the roof (as out-of-sight as possible, of course) and wait for the adventurers to exit.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

@Jakiro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see a back door, from the garbage and food scraps beside it you figure it is where the cook disposes of kitchen trash. There are two sleeping men in the alley, wearing tattered rags and stinking of unwashed man-flesh. Interestingly there is a badly concealed secret door leading into the alley as well.

From the roof you have a decent view of the town, and can even see the front of the temple a few blocks away (the inn is 2 stories, the rest of the town is 1 story buildings). A man is emerging from it with several armed guards.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Okay. Let's try the bluff check first. (Hopefully a party member who actually has bluff can back me up here.) If that fails, I'll try to charm gaze him.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[10]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

"Isn't that the guy on the poster outside?" he asks, "He's in league with those dirty orcish bandits, ain't he? How could you be friends with a monster like that?"

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Solomon stands off near Elric, close enough so that he can hear their conversation, but not close enough to seem imposing. He scanned through the crowd warily, looking at the different vagabonds that fill the bar. He wanted a chance at the ogre, but doubted he would prove to be too much of a challenge. His eyes drifted to the man with the cloak, and for a moment he was about to approach him but stayed back, a moment longer after he heard the red haired man's reply.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll sense motive the guy before I try something:
    (1d20)[16]

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

@shiverman:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man in the cloak seems to simply be minding his own business. He gives off a professional air, that of a mercenary wizard.

As for the man with red hair, his disgust seems faked.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #46

GnomeWizardGuy

Where the others enter the Tavern, Woden instead looks around the building, searching for drunks who may have spent the night in a gutter.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

@Kaosubaloo
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see a back door, from the garbage and food scraps beside it you figure it is where the cook disposes of kitchen trash. There are two sleeping men in the alley, wearing tattered rags and stinking of unwashed man-flesh.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #48

GnomeWizardGuy

Woden inspects the sleeping men; then prods one with his foot - hard - until he wakes.

Spoiler
    Show

Just a heads up, I've noted my current readied maneuvers on my Character sheet

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

@Kaosubaloo: "What do you want?" the man says groggily.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Solomon approaches the empty stools and takes a seat beside Elric and the cloaked man.

"The rogue is feigning his disgust. " Solomon whispered to Elric quietly, while looking at the barman and signaling him over.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

"I see."

Elric said quietly when Solomon whispered to him. Elric leaned in closer to the cloaked man.

"Then shall we both dispense with the facades? I wish to find this man, and I believe you can help me do just that."

He was going to try mundane tactics just once more, before subverting the man's will.

(Diplomacy)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[22]

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

(should have been intimidate, but you'd have made that with that roll)

The man looks at you, a little shaken, and glances at Solomon. "I can't tell you much, he's rather new. Came in a few weeks ago and took over the band. The orcs respect him for his strength, not like they ever respected us mages, and well you typically obey the guy with a wolf that can eat you in two gulps," he whispers.

He then glances from side to side and says, "If you promise me a full pardon I could take you to the camp."

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Elric grinned ever so slightly, revealing his slightly elongated canine teeth.

"I believe I can live with that deal. Step outside with us, and tell us what you know of him. We shall go there shortly."

Edit: (Also, just for future reference, I'm going to Detect Evil and look around the tavern. Not planning on acting on anything, yet, just seeing who's on the list to check up on later.)
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2010-08-12 at 01:29 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

@SuperCracker: The man gulps, but nods and follows you wordlessly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You sense 4 evil auras round 1, round 2 you can identify that they belong to the red-haired man, and one each of the elves, catfolks, and swordsmen.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #55

GnomeWizardGuy

"Can't hold your liquor, eh? Heh. Well, I have a job for you, so get up and come on. I shant like take kindly to needing to drag you. Or would you rather I kick you some more first?" Woden proceeds to seeing the man off then ground, then either leads or drags him out of the ally and towards the group - whichever takes less time.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Once Elric has rejoined the group, he motions towards the bandit he and Solomon had in tow. "Fellow compatriots, I believe we have found a guide to our quarry. Though we may wish to come back to this inn later and do further investigation."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Solomon followed silently after Elric and the red haired mage had their conversation. The way the man described Kotetsu he was sure the man was a menace... and a challenge. Solomon smiled slightly in anticipation.

"Fellow compatriots, I believe we have found a guide to our quarry. Though we may wish to come back to this inn later and do further investigation."
    "If the mage leads us to our mark, what is left to investigate?"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

"I sensed quite a few evil parties in there, in particular that crowd around the lockbox. Upon our return here, we could find out what they are up to. It would certainly be an interesting diversion." He said to Solomon.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

"I see.." Solomon replied.
    He didn't care much for evil or good to be honest. But he liked the idea of taking care of the assortment of scum in this bar. He was tempted to wield his scythe now, and take care of the mess before they pressed on, but he knew that'd give the mark time to escape.

"I call the ogre when we get back then..." He said quietly.
    Last edited by shiverman; 2010-08-12 at 01:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

@Kaosubaloo: The man half follows you/half allows you to drag him. The entire time he is grumbling and complaining about how "there'd better be food at the end of this."

When you reach the front of the inn you can see that two of your companions have also managed to collect someone, either a new ally or a guide of some sort. He doesn't seem happy about his current situation so you guess he's being forced into this.

Current Projects: