New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Character Sheets

Quote Originally Posted by Korbu View Post
    I realized that I only asked to avoid a couple of possible questions like "Why is there an 'o' and why it ends in 're' instead of 'er'?" from the players.
    lol!

They need to learn about diversity some time, if Sesame Street hasn't already managed it then it's their DM's job
    Out of paper on drive D:

Character Sheets for D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder | Download them both from Dyslexic Studeos

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Hahahaha, the old "DM is the foundation of the universe" saying. lol!

Nah, I don't think it would be a diversity issue but ignorance, since English is not our native language...I hope... *Shaking in horror* Oh my god, could it be diversity? The horror, all those tasks on me! I hope the experience reward will be satisfying...! LOL :)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Actually makes the effort to look a few inches to the left

By all the gods! I do apologise for assuming you were American.
    Out of paper on drive D:

Character Sheets for D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder | Download them both from Dyslexic Studeos

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Hahahaha! Don't worry about it Thank you though.

I will now stop "spamming" in your thread and wish you a good night! :)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm curious now. How many non-English speakers play D&D/Pathfinder, and how do they manage with all the material being in English? Would people appreciate localised character sheets? Or would it just be confusing?
    Out of paper on drive D:

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Well, I can only answer about Greeks, even though I think the same answer would apply for other non-English speakers.

I know that many people in Greece are familiar with D&D and that only a few know about Pathfinder (I stumbled upon it randomly on the internet for instance). The Core books for 3.5 had a translation in Greek...actually, I think the translation was for the 3.0, and not for the 3.5 version. Not all people though prefer reading translated material. Most Greeks (with a few simple calculations I would assume around 80% - 90% of Greeks) speak English well enough to understand what's written the books.

Now...since not all people prefer translated material, and since only a few core books (not Pathfinder, D&D) are translated in Greek, I would say that it would be mostly confusing. In my opinion it wouldn't only be confusing, but annoying as well. "Annoying" in a sense that it would look/sound/feel ugly and unoriginal.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Considering the way Greek (old, modern or just gibberish writing) is abused as a way of making something look ancient in films, games etc, I find it quite amusing that the Greeks would consider a translation unauthentic.
    Out of paper on drive D:

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

My mistake, I probably didn't word it right. I meant unauthentic when it comes to game terms. Greek is generally abused in many films and games, but it's actually funny most of the time.

I could do a translation for instance on the character sheets, but then it would make me lose the D&D feeling for some reason
    Last edited by Korbu; 2011-02-13 at 02:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well I'm a Dane, and I prefer the sheets in English and I would Imagen most of my countrymen would as well seeing as translated books are simply not available, so with the rules only available in English it's nice that sheets are as well.
    Member of the paladin fan club

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

New feature: coloured character sheets

A lot of people have asked for their sheets to be either lighter or darker. It took some technical wrangling, but that's now possible with the Character Sheet Composer. Not only that, it also lets you convert your sheets to various colours!

This is still very experimental, so feedback is welcome. In particular, are the light and dark options too light or dark? Are the colours too strong or too weak?

This option was made possible through the help of Mark Storer of iText, and Leonard Rosenthal of Adobe. I'm incredibly grateful to both of them.

New classes from the Tome of Secrets

I've added the Artificer, Priest, Shaman and Witch Hunter classes from the third party Tome of Secrets.

So download them now
    Out of paper on drive D:

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Hello again, and thank you for the new features! They're absolutely wonderful, I like the darker & black ones a lot, they're "easier" to read. :)

I would like to add something though, a mistake I found a while ago that I thought was just me doing something wrong. On the Pathfinder Character Sheet Composer, the Spellbook Style on the Options tab doesn't work while it does on the 3.5 Composer. Like it doesn't generate the Spell Book page. If you could correct that I believe it would be perfect.

Thank you in advance :)
    ~Korbu

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Strange, it works for me. Can you tell me exactly which classes and options you selected?

Remember, not all classes use a spellbook. The option for "Spellbook style" doesn't add the spellbook page, just changes which one you get if you get one. Is there a class that should get a spellbook but doesn't?
    Out of paper on drive D:

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Well, I know that not every class gets a spellbook because not every class uses spells. I've been trying with Sorcerer. In the Pathfinder generator it doesn't give me a spellbook while in the 3.5 generator it does. Cleric and Druid don't get either in any of the generators (While I believe it would be very convenient if they did get one; it's nice to have the spell's details without having to open the book every time.)

I checked every class in the Pathfinder generator; the classes that get a spellbook are: Wizard, Alchemist, Oracle, Summoner, Witch.

Edit: Irrelevant comment. I saw the colored ones as well, I believe they would be better if they were a bit darker. Easier to read, so to speak. :)
    Last edited by Korbu; 2011-02-28 at 02:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

You're right, I'd left the spellbook off quite a few of the classes. It is indeed helpful to have, even for classes that don't specifically say they use one. I think I've fixed it now.
    Out of paper on drive D:

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Yes, I believe it's all good now :)

As for the colors-thing, I could help you if you'd like me to. I have something on mind and I could send you my ideas in your mail or just upload them online as pictures.

Edit: I just re-downloaded the colored ones to check about how the colors would be "better" but from what I see I think you already changed them :)
    Last edited by Korbu; 2011-03-02 at 12:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not sure I changed them since you last looked...

Colours can be a very subjective thing, complicated by the way everybody's screen is different and so is everybody's printer. You're welcome to upload or email me pictures (a link is on the front page), but if you do can I suggest putting the original and your adjustment side by side? Clearly labelled of course.
    Out of paper on drive D:

17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground

In the skill list, I can't think why Track is a subskill of Survival and has two rank fields.
    Matthew Greet
    My purpose in life is to play games.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by warmachine View Post
    In the skill list, I can't think why Track is a subskill of Survival and has two rank fields.
    Track isn't a skill, but a derivation of Survival with some bonuses. The ranks field is crossed out, but the bonus fields - Racial, Feats, etc - are there for you to put things in.

Concentration is a similar pseudo-skill, but would be harder to annotate because its stat depends on your class - and I have no idea what happens to it when you multiclass. Anyone?
    Out of paper on drive D:

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

The Caster Level stacks with different spellcasting classes for the purposes of determining concentration checks.

For instance, a 3rd level Cleric, 3rd level Wizard and 4th level Mystic Theurge would have a Caster level of 10(3+3+4) for determining concentration checks but a caster level of 7th for Divine or Arcane spells.

That is, because concentration shows now how much skill one has in handling magic in general. Well, at least that's how I see it.

Edit: On second thought, I might be wrong. The other case would be if it counted separately on different classes, which makes sense as well.
    Let's say we have a character, with 16 Wis & 17 Int, 2 levels of Cleric & 5 levels of Wizard. In this way of handling concentration, he would get 5(3+2) for Cleric Spells and 8(3+5) for Wizard spells.

I'll try looking through the book again to see if they clarify that anywhere.

Edit 2: Yes, it seems I was wrong. It's not 100% clear on the book, but it's actually written "properly" if read carefully.
    It says: "When you make a concentration check, you roll d20 and add your caster level and the ability score modifier used to determine bonus spells of the same type.".
    That basically means, that concentration counts differently for different types of spells(by different classes, that is).

Sorry for the long message :)
    Last edited by Korbu; 2011-03-06 at 08:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, at least that's how I see it.
    Edit: On second thought, I might be wrong
    Edit 2: Yes, it seems I was wrong
    That's more or less the process I've gone through, and still not quite reached an answer I'm sure of.

When you make a concentration check, you roll d20 and add your caster level and the ability score modifier used to determine bonus spells of the same type.
    I read that as saying that caster level stacks, but you choose a different stat. So your Cleric 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 4 would have a caster level 3+3+4=10, then add +3 int for Wizard spells, and +4 wis for Cleric spells. So the combined concentration would be 13 for Cleric spells, 14 for Wizard spells. Both others - including my GM - might disagree.
    Out of paper on drive D:

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

The Mystic Theurge would have a Caster Level of 10 total, but individually 7 for either Cleric or Wizard spells just like he would get the equivalent spells for a 7th level Cleric and Wizard (I think 4th level spells).

I am a GM but so far in my campaign we haven't had any Mystic Theurges or other multiclass spellcasters, so I haven't given it much thought yet. I believe though it's split between different classes...there is also a thread in the paizo forums about it:

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...nCheckModifier

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, right. Multiclassing casters isn't something I'm in the habit of doing either.
    Out of paper on drive D:

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Greetings again :)

Would it be too much or too difficult for the pdf with the Character Sheets(Above the composer) to come as a whole in different colors? I am only asking because there is no option to get the DM sheets in other colors

Note: I also noticed something on the example character. Gnomes get +2 to Charisma as well ;)

Thanks again!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground

I am only asking because there is no option to get the DM sheets in other colors
    I see no DM sheets? Although if they exist and are as awesome as these character sheets I would love them : )
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

DM Sheets...I mean the Campaign Timeline, NPCs, etc ;)

26. - Top - End - #86

Yeah I dont see that : /
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you download the whole book, rather than getting pages through the composer, you can find the DM sheets are at the end, after all the character sheets.

Would it be too much or too difficult for the pdf with the Character Sheets(Above the composer) to come as a whole in different colors? I am only asking because there is no option to get the DM sheets in other colors.
    That sounds reasonable - I'd just add DM as a class. I'll get on it as soon as I have a working hard disk.

Note: I also noticed something on the example character. Gnomes get +2 to Charisma as well ;)
    Actually, I was thinking a higher-level character would better show off the sheet's features. In particular, the bonus spells selection seems to trip people up, and it'll be clearer if the character has a high enough bonus in whatever stat - say +7? I chose a druid because it shows off the Wild Shape and Animal Companion sheets. Does anybody want to build me a character?
    Out of paper on drive D:

28. - Top - End - #88

Gotcha! Found it :)

The DM section is pretty awesome, I'm gonna use most of this stuff. My I suggest adding a page or two of templates for cones/bursts etc?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I meant Gnomes get a +2 Racial bonus on Charisma, and not just +2 Constitution and -2 Strength as it is on the Example sheet.

I can build you a character if you'd like...anything in particular, or should I experiment? I could also post my character, 6 level Sorcerer, 1 level Fighter, 6 Eldritch Knight...Lich :P Let me know.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

I can build you a character if you'd like...anything in particular, or should I experiment?
    Something that shows off the different pages. Enough of a spellcaster to use a spellbook, enough of a fighter to have plenty of detail on the core sheets, and if possible something with an animal companion as well.
    Out of paper on drive D: