New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Men of the Middle Land (IC)

Kian

"Good then. Now, we unfortunately have to care for the body of our friend before we take care of that sleeper. Dearg, do you mind sitting watch over him while me and Drix collect rocks for a tomb? We'll decide if we're to follow the surviving one afterwards."

Kian begins to pick up his javelins before finding a suitable place to leave Vladinek according to tradition.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Drix, happy to participate in these peoples' customs, though perturbed by the dead body, starts collecting rocks, some of which are as big as his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current characters: None, looking for a game.

Homebrew!

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okey, dokey, answers Dearg, sitting down, happy to be able to rest. The fight has left him exhausted.
    "From nature we come, to nature we go" Dearg recites, adding: or something like that... That was what the druid said once we lost a man in a skirmish. He instructed us to let the corpse right where it was, explaining us that the animals and plants would eat him, and that we would latter eat them, so our friend would end being part of us, after all. Dearg shrugs and keeps watching the sleeping halfling, with his battleaxe at hand.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh ... okay then! Let us let him let animals eat him!" Drix is a bit confused by these men, but they seemed a nice enough lot. Leaving a corpse out was a bit odd to him though. "In the Law lands we burned bodies ... it was cleaner that way."

Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

5. - Top - End - #35

Kian

"Burn them", Kian asked quizzically. "Seems like an odd thing to do, giving everything back to it's natural cycle seems better to me." Kian placed the stones they had found in a crude pyramid, a marking post to symbolize the place a man lost his life. "Now let's see what these halflings were carrying shall we?"

Kian searches through the halflings bodies for belongings, weapons or anything else of use.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ooh, I've heard of them! They're wanted criminals up north. Bandits, under the thumb of ... oh, what's his name ... Gimme a second and I'll remember. Anyway, he's a pretty bad guy. Not nice at all ... Gimme a minute and I'll find the info on him!" Drix rummages through a bag, looking for the WANTED poster he had picked up about the bandits. DM Only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't access PMs at the moment, I'll get the info once I get home.

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh really? Then we can bring this sleeping fellow to the justice, and get a reward... Nice..." Dearg pondered, "but not before we hunt the remaining one, of course. He is wounded, and even if he was not, halflings, no offense, Drix, are slower than the average human, and the trained dwarves like me".

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Drix pulls out a raggedy piece of parchment with an illustration of a stern halfling on the front. "Here we go! Lesse here, Grinn Sunderpath ... 'A brutal trickster, the road wardens have been chasing him for years. Last activity ...' wow, that was a while ago! Nearly half a year! I wonder what's got him riled up now ... we'd better catch him, yeah, after all, he might be going to report to his boss!"

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

The picture on the wanted poster was that of a Halfling, smiling widely. He had a heavy brow and a nose that looks like its been broken many times. Brawny and tall (for a Halfling), Grinn was wanted for theft, assault and public drunkenness.

The sleeping Halfling had now begun snoring loudly, rolling over to the sound of snapping twigs.

Kian searched the bodies and found 3g, a collection of daggers (4) and a letter that read as such:

"Beverages still not being served, our host is quite rude. Gather up some potluck and return in time for just desserts.

-G"

Spoiler
    Show
    Almost mixed up the tenses on this post. I absolutely love how this conversation is going, lots of character to be had immediately. Don't want to push you guys, the longer you just chat back and forth, the less work and more entertainment for me. When you're ready to move forward, you can do so. I n the meantime, if you need any more information about the world just PM and I'll let you know anything your character should. Long live character development!
    Last edited by Crunchy English; 2010-08-26 at 04:37 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

"So it seems to me that we should take care of the sleeper first. I mean, we can't exactly carry him around, can we? I know I can't. He's the same size I am! Maybe we can tie him up and leave him on the side of a road? I'm sure someone will come along and find him, and then it's their problem!"

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

11. - Top - End - #41

Kian

Kian passed the gold coins and knives around evenly, leaving the fourth in his own belt unless someone wanted it. He reads the note outloud and specifically makes a point of the signature -G-. This had to be Grinn.
    "Leave him by the road? That sounds cruel! Just about as cruel as slitting Vladineks throat open to make a point. I say we call it justice." Kian frowned, he did not like where this was going, but he recognized the reality of the situation and felt like a decision had to be made. "We should take care of our wounds, then question this guy about his identity. If he really is Grinn we could get him to the road wardens and let them dish out the justice he deserves instead. What say you all?"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think the note's *from* Grinn, I don't think he's Grinn. In fact, I'd venture a guess that we're the "potluck." He doesn't really look like the picture I don't think ... and if we question him, one of you'd better tie him up first."

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That is not what he would have done with us, and that is not what they did to Vladinek. Soon I'll be rested, then I'll wake him up and take out information from him. If he cooperates, he'll have a swift death, if not, it will be long and painful", Dearg angrily answers.

14. - Top - End - #44

"That makes sense that the note would be from Grinn. But I don't think it matters much what they would've done to us. Let's just ask him our questions and then finish him off, quickly."