New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dark World Incursion (A Seerless Werewolf game) Game Started

You're gonna looOose. You are heading in the wrong direction.

I tried telling you guys this before, but no one listened.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Looking back at the game, Bruntonspall is much more wolfish than Lex-Kat. Aemoh is also somewhat suspicious.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well Internet Flea was also convinced that Murska is a wolf as well as Lex-Kat, and Murska's voting behaviour has been very irregular, with multiple swaps that aren't obvious for the reason, the previous claim being Lex-Kat and Aemoh, and suddenly on to me?

Let me summarise why I think Murska is suspicious as hell -
    Day 1 - He was pointed at by Fleeing Coward who subsequently got bandwaggoned and lynched. ZP didn't go with the bandwagon, and Shadowcaller didn't vote at all. (i.e. he's excused from coordinating a wolf bandwagon that day from the wolves we know about)

Day 2 - Hobbitkniver and TyDude started on Shadowcaller, the counter wagon consisted of Shadowcaller, Murska and Zar Peter. It never got enough traction and nobody was lynched.

Day 3 - Internet Flea voted second for Shadowcaller, and Murska jumped in on it, since the other option was ZP who was Alpha Wolf, this could be a plan to be able to claim innocence based on voting for Shadowcaller (who was almost certain to die regardless because of the size of the wagon on the previous days).

Day 4 - Murska votes second for ZP, but as soon as the bandwagon got going, he switched to Sanity, then TehSheen, then finally back to ZP so he could claim that he voted to lynch a fiend.

Now, it's possible that he could just be unlucky on Day 2, and that his protestations of innocence that by voting for other people started a counter bandwagon that nearly resulted in ZP not being lynched as just adding interest to the game.
    I actually agree that it has made the game more interesting, and in general I prefer to lynch the quiet ones rather than the interesting ones, but I don't like being pointed at out of the blue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also this gave me a chance to test out my new bit of tracking software that I wrote to try tracking the votes. Answer: It mostly works, but Murska's vote changing on Day 4 had it very confused, it marked him as having 3 separate valid votes for 3 different people. We'll find out if it's found anything interesting when either Murska gets lynched or the game ends and we find out his role.
    Now to deploy the software to anaylse the other games, that big 52 person game, here I come

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

I'll join with Murska, for self-preservation. Bruntonspall

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bruntonspall View Post
    Well Internet Flea was also convinced that Murska is a wolf as well as Lex-Kat, and Murska's voting behaviour has been very irregular, with multiple swaps that aren't obvious for the reason, the previous claim being Lex-Kat and Aemoh, and suddenly on to me?

Let me summarise why I think Murska is suspicious as hell -
    Day 1 - He was pointed at by Fleeing Coward who subsequently got bandwaggoned and lynched. ZP didn't go with the bandwagon, and Shadowcaller didn't vote at all. (i.e. he's excused from coordinating a wolf bandwagon that day from the wolves we know about)

Day 2 - Hobbitkniver and TyDude started on Shadowcaller, the counter wagon consisted of Shadowcaller, Murska and Zar Peter. It never got enough traction and nobody was lynched.

Day 3 - Internet Flea voted second for Shadowcaller, and Murska jumped in on it, since the other option was ZP who was Alpha Wolf, this could be a plan to be able to claim innocence based on voting for Shadowcaller (who was almost certain to die regardless because of the size of the wagon on the previous days).

Day 4 - Murska votes second for ZP, but as soon as the bandwagon got going, he switched to Sanity, then TehSheen, then finally back to ZP so he could claim that he voted to lynch a fiend.

Now, it's possible that he could just be unlucky on Day 2, and that his protestations of innocence that by voting for other people started a counter bandwagon that nearly resulted in ZP not being lynched as just adding interest to the game.
    I actually agree that it has made the game more interesting, and in general I prefer to lynch the quiet ones rather than the interesting ones, but I don't like being pointed at out of the blue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also this gave me a chance to test out my new bit of tracking software that I wrote to try tracking the votes. Answer: It mostly works, but Murska's vote changing on Day 4 had it very confused, it marked him as having 3 separate valid votes for 3 different people. We'll find out if it's found anything interesting when either Murska gets lynched or the game ends and we find out his role.
    Now to deploy the software to anaylse the other games, that big 52 person game, here I come
    Day 2, I voted on the counterwagon. Wolves never do counterwagons when one of their own is being lynched, they at most join them or point randomly off-wagon.

Day 3, I voted second for Shadowcaller, so claiming Zar Peter was the other choice is untrue. There was no ZP-wagon when I pointed.

Day 4, I endorsed the ZP wagon but saw it was becoming too large and easy to hide in: any wolves would jump on it after it was so far ahead. So I picked the other choice, netting us a few more suspects, before switching back to ZP to seal the lynch. If I hadn't switched back, by the way, ZP would've lived.

Now, for why I suspect you:

I guess I'll jump on the ShadowCaller bandwagon as well, since nobody is backing me on the Aemoh randomwagon
    Very late in the day jump on the wolf-wagon, and to mention, the Shadowcaller one instead of the Zar Peter one. Even mentioning that you tried to create a counterwagon against a non-wolf.

You pushed suspicion on Internet Flea, and have posted a lot while appearing very quiet, clearly paying a lot of attention. (You're actually third in posts in this thread, after the narrator and Internet Flea.) Then once there was a what looked like a certain wagon on Zar Peter you jumped on, accusing him more.

Hmm, not sure I fully understand the reason that IF and Murska are leading this bandwagon, but I have no better ideas - Zar Peter
    "I don't think you should trust Murska and Internet Flea, but I'll jump on this wagon since it'd be very suspicious not to." Is what I read here.

Jumping on the Lex-Kat bandwagon again, after saying it's 'clear' that you should lynch her. I'm not actually 100% convinced of her guilt. She's likely to be a wolf, yes, but if she isn't then I think you're our prime suspect.

You became awfully defensive the instant someone pointed at you, and most importantly as a wolf tell, actually went on the offensive against my credibility instead of attempting to defend yourself. You're claiming Internet Flea was sure I'm a wolf, which is pretty strong wording if you ask me, especially to be said after the death of IF.

And lastly, we don't want a single bandwagon dominating the entire day.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Day 2, I voted on the counterwagon. Wolves never do counterwagons when one of their own is being lynched, they at most join them or point randomly off-wagon.
    Very late in the day jump on the wolf-wagon, and to mention, the Shadowcaller one instead of the Zar Peter one. Even mentioning that you tried to create a counterwagon against a non-wolf.
    Firstly, Although I used the term randomwagon, but given that I was the only person voting, it really can't be called a wagon. I just happened to like the assonance of the phrase RandomWagon, it sounds nice :)
    Secondly, you say that wolves don't do counterwagons, and then accuse me of creating a counterwagon.

Day 3, I voted second for Shadowcaller, so claiming Zar Peter was the other choice is untrue. There was no ZP-wagon when I pointed.
    Yup my mistake, There wasn't a ZP wagon at that time.

Day 4, I endorsed the ZP wagon but saw it was becoming too large and easy to hide in: any wolves would jump on it after it was so far ahead. So I picked the other choice, netting us a few more suspects, before switching back to ZP to seal the lynch. If I hadn't switched back, by the way, ZP would've lived.
    I don't remember the details, but I think if you hadn't switched back, ZP would have got to 4 first, and been lynched anyway.

You pushed suspicion on Internet Flea, and have posted a lot while appearing very quiet, clearly paying a lot of attention. (You're actually third in posts in this thread, after the narrator and Internet Flea.) Then once there was a what looked like a certain wagon on Zar Peter you jumped on, accusing him more.
    I'm not sure how one posts a lot and appears quiet. I swing from lots of posts and attention to a whole day going by without adding because of my work and life schedule at the moment. I'm also new to this and dividing my attention between 3 games is a bit tricky. (Lynching me would probably solve that, although not my favourite route )

Jumping on the Lex-Kat bandwagon again, after saying it's 'clear' that you should lynch her. I'm not actually 100% convinced of her guilt. She's likely to be a wolf, yes, but if she isn't then I think you're our prime suspect.
    Fair enough, I'm not convinced of Lex-Kat either, but IF seemed pretty convinced it was you and her, and it seemed pretty obvious from the night comments that Lex was gonna die, so doing anything else was not going to help.
    I also don't remember ever saying it's clear that we should lynch her. -- Ah found it, I said
    Quote Originally Posted by bruntonspall
    The voting records are clear - it's Lex-Kat tomorrow,...
    Sorry, that wasn't supposed to say that it was clear that we should vote for Lex-Kat, it was my opinion that from the night comments it was clear that we would lynch Lex-Kat because it was IF's last point.

You became awfully defensive the instant someone pointed at you, and most importantly as a wolf tell, actually went on the offensive against my credibility instead of attempting to defend yourself. You're claiming Internet Flea was sure I'm a wolf, which is pretty strong wording if you ask me, especially to be said after the death of IF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea
    I'm pretty sure about Lex-Kat and Murska being wolves now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea
    Lex-Kat tomorrow, then Murska if I'm right.
    Maybe my choice of words with "convinced" wasn't the best, I read that comment of IF's and paraphrased, sorry.
    I've been suspicious of you for a while, and have mentioned in the thread at least once, but your point against me made me want to display the evidence in case I do actually get lynched. Since I have no contacts with any confirmed villagers, posting my suspicions in the list is the best way I can help everybody, as you have done. The more information is floating about, the easier to catch someone out lying.
    And lastly, we don't want a single bandwagon dominating the entire day.
    No arguments there, Certainly makes the game more fun and interesting.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Good responses. Let me clarify one point:

Secondly, you say that wolves don't do counterwagons, and then accuse me of creating a counterwagon.
    What I meant by wolves not doing counterwagons is that many people from the wolf team don't almost ever pile up on a quick alternate wagon if there's an established wolf-wagon going on. They do, however, vote off-wagon and join competing counter-wagons that are close to the size of the wolf-wagon. And jump on the wolf wagon, of course, it all depends on the player, but it seems to me that most wolves try to avoid being the direct cause of their teammate getting lynched, at least if they don't ask his permission first.

Mainly they avoid doing it because it's one of the largest things vote analysis tends to point at. However, there are of course exceptions.

But still, three wolves jumping back-to-back on an unestablished wagon to protect a wolf would be suicidal.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

But still, three wolves jumping back-to-back on an unestablished wagon to protect a wolf would be suicidal.
    As compared to say 2 wolves and a random villager jumping back-to-back on an unestablished wagon?

I will admit fairly well argued, if only that ever counted for anything in Werewolf, the only game where a well argued logical point for why you aren't a werewolf (or that someone else is...) is reason for everyone suspecting you of being a werewolf!

Last post tonight I promise

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Villagers easily jump on random wagons, especially counterwagons, especially if there's no public reason for the other wagon.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground

did this die?
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It keeps trying to I think :)

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Is this officially dead now?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deady deady dead dead? right?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yup, he's dead, Jim.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio