New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Fey vs Industrial- Industrial Side IC

Daemon smiled grimly to himself once more.

Brilliant. Perhaps I can achieve something here after all.

Turning to his sister, he chuckled darkly. "Don't worry, Amaryllis. I will take necessary pains to avoid the rain and cold if necessary. After all" He shifted in his seat, gazing contemplatively at the dark wooden ceiling, "I have no intentions of shuffling off this mortal coil just yet". Amaryllis knew of his goal (not even he could have confidence in no one) but he had not filled her in as to how he planned reach his aim.

Perhaps that is for the best.

As he continued contemplating the polished interior of the carriage, he decided this was indeed true. As much respect (he could only hope it was mutual) as he held for his sister, he recognized that her quixotic tendencies might not allow her to abide by his more ruthless strategems. As far back as he could remember, Amaryllis had been a valuable friend and support for Daemon, but there had always been fundamental differences between his headstrong twin and himself. He suspected this must be due to the privaledges she had enjoyed in life. She was needed by the family, taken care of, treated as an asset. None of these things, he had realized long ago, would ever be available to himself. The time for that had long passed him by. He was something more sinister, unable to truly belong in the world of wartime morals and headstrong heroes his sister so proudly occupied.

However, she did not need to know that. He fixed his gaze on his sister and smiled, perhaps a tad ruefully.
    "As for today however, I do believe I will follow your lead for once." He paused, thinking hard for a moment. "What is it one does in their spare time here? I'm afraid I have been out in the hinterlands a bit too long."
    Last edited by questionmark; 2010-09-20 at 11:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

"Socialize. Manipulate. There is far too much free time in the city." Amaryllis said. She paused, and in a considerably more distant voice, she added "I suppose I should arrange for someone to come and take care of things while I'm gone."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

The medicine man, for lack of his familiar undead companions from back home, lack of a current task to occupy his mind, and due to all the excitement of being in such an interesting place, decides to venture out and find the skinny man whom he saw glaring at him in the hallway.

He chooses this particular person because (to the medicine man) he had a homely complexion (reminding him of the sickly rotting corpses that had kept him company for so long), and because he had more of the basic quality essential to rulership in the Medicine Man's domain... the ability to invoke fear. Despite having not noticed it at all in comparison to the lasting image of the elder's demands he was now beginning to notice that that man had caused the slightest of shivers in the Medicine Man's spine.

Thus resolved the Medicine Man slips downstairs telling the innkeeper I believe I will take a nice relaxing stroll in this marvelous aura of Ka-Dul that you humans have so kindly created. With that he steps back out into the falling glops of sludge in a search to find the authoritative, homely young human.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Drack
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming you return to the last place you saw the young man, you arrive just in time to see him and the dark haired woman step into a carriage. Before you are able to reach it, however, the coachman spurs the horses on, heading east.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Having now lost hope of speaking to the homely looking young man, the Medicine Man decides to return to his room and think of all the wonders that he experienced since leaving his homeland. (Guess I'll just call his game day over, clean and simple .)
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.