New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Fey vs Industrial- Industrial Side IC

Daemon cursed inwardly as his target was swept away by the official man in the armor. He breifly entertained the notion of following the pair unnoticed but decided that if the man wanted to talk to him privately than the risks of such an approach far outweighed the benefits, at least for now. In the meantime, Daemon began searching through the building for Amaryllis to finally enact their slightly delayed reunion.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Amaryllis got up, her eyes tracking the departure of Roth and his companion. She scanned the room and almost took a double-take before recomposing herself and walking over Daemon. "You don't even pretend to listen to me anymore, do you?" she says, slightly annoyed.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The Medicine Man (who isn't the most patiant among his people as is evident in his having taken the large snake head too soon,) allows his curiousity to get the better of him, and decides to go out venturing in order to see what a city is actualy like. Being accostom to the dark of caves he decides that there would be no better time to see what makes a city a city, than at night, when obviously any advanced society would be out and about fulfilling their daily routine.

The Medicine Man slips silently out of his room, and creeps down to the common room in which he informs the innkeeper I will be going out for a nighttime stroll. I will be back before my stay expires. If any messages arrive for me pleas keep them for me.

With that the Medicine Man exits the inn, and begins prowling the streets looking for anything of interest.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

The disappointed, sopping wet, and naturally dour Daemon couldnt stop a genuine smile from carving itself into his haggard face at her usual enthusiastic disapproval; He really hadnt realized how much he had missed his sister.

"Well, I heard the part about there being a meeting. I guess I just...skimmed the rest." He allowed himself to chuckle heartily at his own slight joke, then regretted the decision as his laughter devolved into a painful coughing fit. "Ah. I'm fine, don't worry. Anyway," He brazenly attempted to draw attention away from his health for the time being by adopting a teasing tone, something no one would ever see in him had he not been talking to Amaryllis. "According to that rather plump man, you are a foul woman who gibbers about wartime morals. How do you plead?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

"Innocent, naturally, to all except one charge. I do care about wartime morals. And about decreasing the fatalities our side suffers each day." Amaryllis replies, raising an eyebrow at Daemon's current state of being utterly drenched. "I hope you didn't walk here, Daemon. You could at least pretend to care about your health."

It always slightly amused her how easily she slipped into a motherly role when Daemon was around. "Perhaps we should go back home, if you are not feeling well."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Drack
    Spoiler
    Show
    This busy city is home to many marvels unheard of back in your peoples territory. While most things are simple, like the paved roads and everbright street lamps, things like steel refineries and massive golems are regular sights here.

The main attraction of today is the constant flow of mercenaries into the courthouse. Obviously part of the heavy recruitment protocol implemented by their leaders, which you've heard whispers about it since you arrived.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    At first the Medicine Man circles around this courthouse noting the odd flow of massive muscular men. This is also a new sight to him seeing as in his land there is no such thing as a warrior. The closest there is is a hunter. The Medicine Man cautiously enters the building staying somewhat out of sight until his curiosity than finally gets the better of him.

He jumps out in front of one of the "machine people" and says:Hello, why dose your metal appear more permanent than that which other humans wear? What is your name? Where are you from? What is your rank?

Than noticing that the machine has no time to respond to any of the questions (not to mention shocked by the Medicine Man's appearance), and that he is letting his excitement get the better of him (something the elders would disprove of immensely), he decides to stop, and slowly say I am known as the Medicine Man.
    Last edited by drack; 2010-09-03 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Man, I gota stop doing these while talking to people XD
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Deamon scowled, more troubled with old memories than angry.
    "I'd rather not think about my disease too much; I think its already earned me more than enough 'special treatment' from this family."
    At his sister's suggestion, Daemon thought awhile.
    "Certainly. It doesnt seem like I will found out much about the current war efforts from these bigots and hero hopefuls. Although I wonder..." He turned to Amaryllis. "You are more used to these meetings and such than I; did you recognize that portly man or the armored man that led him off? they seemed like they were very...influential."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

"The fat man is Alder Roth, a rich merchant's son who plays at being a politician. His influence stems from money, and possibly supporters, though I cannot fathom why anyone would support him. He's not even good at what he pretends to do. The only thing he can do is find those who hold power and hire someone else to do what he believes must be done." Amaryllis says quietly. "I do not know who he was talking to, but the man in armor was not human."

10. - Top - End - #70

@Drack
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a delay in the "machine mans" response as hes takes in your appearance. "I assume you are a recent import from the outside? I am called Scrap. I am a field medic for other 'machine men'. Our official classification is: Warforged, though there are others like us without the spark." He says all of this in monotone, and this is clearly his best attempt at sounding friendly.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The medicine man attempts to make his body language, and voice friendly, but that is only to a limited effect seeing as his voice is a almost haunted sounding shriek, and that this is than translated through a somewhat hollow sounding snake voice (and I won't even go into body language).

Regardless he continues in as pleasant a voice as he can manage considering his surcumstances. I am also a healer amung my people, but we healers of my land are all refered to as the Medicine Man, rather than "Medic".(he has a bit of trouble with the strange word, but appears to understand it's significance)

What is this?He continues gesturing at the much illuminated, and by now crowded courthouse.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

12. - Top - End - #72

@Drack
    Spoiler
    Show
    "This is where many of the lands warriors are gathering in order to further their cultures expansion. As he is readying his next sentence, you hear a familiar voice cut him off.

"It seems your sense of direction is better than most." The man you sent off with your intel has appeared with another rather rotund man at his side. "I didn't even have time to come find you and here you are, showing up at my doorstep." He says all of this enthusiastically. "This is Alder Roth, and the man responsible for... well look."He hands you several papers describing your new probationary citizenship.

The fat man steps forward to congratulate you, but declines a handshake upon noting you anatomy. "I looked through the information you gave us, and while most of it we already knew, there were a few key points that really would have set us back had we missed them." He takes a slightly more serious tone. "Now it's against regulation to give full citizenship upon arrival, but with what you brought me today, I've managed to get your probationary period reduced to just one week."

@Ajadea and questionmark
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's not long before you spot the two men returning back to the main hallway in a hurried manner, but quickly stopping to speak with an extremely odd looking fellow draped with what appears to be animal bones.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

The Medicine Man rises to his full hight for the first time in his stay, easily dwarfing all three men, and puts his hands on the fat man's shoulders (fingers dangerously close to the fat man's neck as is their tradition.) Than has a skeletal snake resting on his back say Sir, you honor me, but I was sent by the elders to serve your struggle the instant this message is delivered. So I am sorry if this appears a bit ungrateful, but could you instead sent me into the fray. As he says this his eyes glow brighter, and his skin seems to fade into the night, leaving in appearance two will o' wisp bight purple eyes in a dangerous looking night time mist, the occasional bone glistening from within.
    Last edited by drack; 2010-09-04 at 08:36 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Amaryllis whips around as the...being, whatever it was, entered the room. "What..." she whispers, eyes widening as the bone-draped being vanishes almost completely.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Daemon allowed a wry sneer to curl his lip as the odd-looking newcomer entered. Impassively surveying the strange being with a disinterested gaze, he allowed a slight snort without stopping his study of the being. An eyebrow raised in surprise as the thing began to vanish.

"Here's an interesting fellow. Is it just me or are our good generals in charge here getting desperate for aid of any sort?"

Spoiler
    Show

and a knowledge fey roll for Drack:
    (1d20+8)[25]

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

"I would agree with that." Amaryllis says. "Might as well be a fey itself, but if it will turn against its kin, the generals don't care about its race as much as they would like us to believe."

17. - Top - End - #77

@questionmark
    Spoiler
    Show
    You've heard rumors of fey-types from the darker parts of the wood who have figured out how to harvest residual magic from the remains of the dead. Their time within the feywood have given them a weak glamer effect that they often manipulate to look more intimidating. They can't normally speak most humanoid languages, but have developed a technique that allows them to speak through the dead.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I figure the way the RP is going I may as well make an intimidate check. (1d20+12)[13]... I would roll a 1 wouldn't I. after all my other intimidate I rolled a 2
    Last edited by drack; 2010-09-09 at 06:43 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79

@Ajadea & questionmark
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you honestly feel like you might be intimidated by such a display, you may roll an opposed check with a +2 bonus as it isn't directed at you. Questionmark gets an additional +2 due to his high knowledge roll.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

@ Nano
    Spoiler
    Show

Meh. Not likely. Amaryllis is more like than right now.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Suddenly, Daemon's hawklike eyes narrowed for a split second as a realization struck the man. Then, his sneer returned, and he began tapping his temple knowingly with a forefinger.

"Ah. Sister, I do believe this fine gentleman does actually hail from the feywood himself. I recognize some attributes from my reading. Fascinating really..."

The gaunt man allowed himself to trail off, then turned towards the creature with an odd look in his eye, detatched and predatory, like a falcon closing in on its mark.

"So the "Barbarians" have adopted a highest bidder mentality, have they? How...convenient for us."

Spoiler
    Show

guess I'll make an intimidate check meself. Just focused on Drack though.
    (1d20+13)[30]
    and dont think Daemon will be too frightened, so I wont bother there.
    Last edited by questionmark; 2010-09-10 at 12:56 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

"Daemon, I wouldn't mess with a creature that wears bones like a second skin. Please try not to get in over your head." Amaryllis smiled wryly at her last sentence. She had had plenty of experience in getting herself in over her head. Idealism and politics didn't seem to mix as well as she would prefer.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

The Medicine man, noticing that he didn't seem to be getting much of a response tried again (and I'll throw in the ceremonial intimidate check just to make "the fat man" feel so much better). "Sir again, I would like to request you to put me on the front lines where I may better serve the elder's wishes." His eyes twinge with a new element witch (though actually fear at the prospects of not obeying the elders, to other) can be taken as the last twinges of mercy leaving him.

This time the snake (sensing his fright and anxiety) leans a little closer to "the fat man", and the snake like elements in it's speech become more prevalent.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[27]
    Edit: yay, not a completely fail roll.
    Last edited by drack; 2010-09-18 at 06:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Both Roth and his companion nod to the intimidating figure and exit from the building. (Unless someone decides to stop them) The hallway is beginning to clear as more and more of the warrior types are walking to the back.

@Drack
    Spoiler
    Show
    A thin man standing in the hallway takes notice of you and sends you a glare. Not necessarily aggressively but more in response to your appearance.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

I hasten to blend into the shadows of a nearby alleyway , and find a nice dark place under a nearby building to survey the situation (which quite frankly looked fairly grim to the medicine man despite the nods). Than he quickly slips back to his temporary residencies.

Nano:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Medicine Man than sits himself nicely on the bed and decides that his worn body could use some nourishment, and that his arsenal was insufficient for what lay ahead. He pulls a variate of corpses from his "snake head O' holding" and enters a meditative state in which he reaches for the dark tendrils of Ka-Dul. He slowly draws power from them, taking a little to nourish himself, and diverting the rest to the preparation of the following spells before the dark power could overwhelm him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He converts his remaining 2 cats into light spells
    remaining 3 ravens into inflict minor wounds spells
    7 old fish into 4 entangle, and 3 obscuring mist spells
    Than pulling out 4 human corpses he creates 4 more summon undead 1 spells
    Thus finished with his meditation he went about commanding those which may be useful:2 obscuring mist, 1 entangle, 2 light, 10 cure minor wounds, and 5 inflict minor wounds. (I won't make checks out of combat, seeing as I have all the time in the world to make the check.)
    Last edited by drack; 2010-09-19 at 05:38 AM. Reason: oops

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Daemon continued to watch the strange fey creature with an air of smug interest, then turned to his sister.

"Well, it seems events here are coming to close. Shall we go, or is there more you wish to attend to?"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

"No, there is not." Amaryllis replies. "Though I certainly should figure out what has happened on the front lines to make the politicians desperate enough to accept alliances with those they seek to destroy. And what would make the fey desperate enough to offer alliance in the first place. But that can wait." She walks out with Daemon, keeping a close eye on him as they returned home in the rented carriage.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

"Indeed." Daemon thought back to the odd Fey creature; he fully intended to find that creature again and learn, if he could, why exactly it had chosen to betray his kin.

If at all it had...

This thought struck the slight man rather suddenly, and he grinned to himself, half convinced this was the case. The higher ups certainly seemed desparate enough to ignore a potential snake in the grass....

Be that as it may, Daemon had more fish to fry in the big city. Let some leafblood spies jeopardize the entire expansion effort, he had business here that had infinitely more pertinance to him. For example, visiting his sister. And, on the side, finding out a little more about an old friend.

"Tell me, Amaryllis. you know quite a bit about the higher-ups and the political climate around hear; have you ever heard of a man in the inner city who goes by the family name Nakros? I have some business with him I would like to wrap up while I am here"

29. - Top - End - #89

OOC@Ajadea:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sure if you are around your brother much, you are familiar with many of his business partners, at least by name.
    Last edited by Nanoblack; 2010-09-19 at 09:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

"Nakros? I think so, he lives near the marketplace. I hope you aren't planning to visit him in this weather, Daemon. The cold and wet is not good for your health."