New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Default Were-war (Brotherhood of Beasties)

The city of Derrar is a place of extreme conflict, physically and politically. During the day, it is a city like any other in the world; it has a noble family that rules alongside a chamber of advisors, it levies taxes on the citizens and there’s some strife between different officials in power. But when the people lock their doors, the shops close and the moon rises, everything changes. As long as the citizens can remember, there have been problems with therianthropes, but it’s … different than other places, even in this sense. While other cities occasionally have a werewolf problem, they very rarely have a perpetual and unstoppable number of were-people of all different kinds of animals. But even stranger is their behavior, for civilians have seen several times over the years the animals fighting each other, which is seen by the people as them being even more aggressive. Despite their efforts, the officials cannot stop the problem, and this is, perhaps, in part because of the actions of the weres themselves. There are unverified rumors that some of the governmental officials are were-people themselves, but most dismiss these ideas as nonsensical.

Invisible to the people, there are actually two competing factions of therianthropes in their city. One group believes that humans are inferior and that a society of were-people would be much better and are responsible for the negative publicity that all therianthropes have in the city. Their opposition believe that all life is important and seek to protect the people, even as they are being persecuted.

Derrar is in a state of chaos, with the were factions stronger than ever. But which side wins this momentous struggle is up to you.

You think that humans deserved to be wiped out, turned into therianthropes, or at least enslaved for society to really succeed. Right now, you know that your adversaries are trying to sway public opinion to thinking that you aren’t that bad to create peaceful coexistence. That’s just not enough for you. You’re currently sitting in a cave on the south side of town that you use as a base, thinking ahead to what you’ll do next, as you haven’t done any attacking in about a month.

OOC is here.
    Last edited by FlamingKobold; 2010-08-15 at 09:43 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Were-war (Brotherhood of Beasties)

Spoiler
    Show
    That's it, we're starting this thing, even if we have to start in medias res.

The great white wolf returns to the cave, his snout and forepaws stained a pale red with blood, and carrying a battered, unconscious man by the neck of his tattered robe. He drops him to slump to the ground, and sits back licking his lips.
    The man is breathing steadily, and seems to be in a stable condition.
    Meanwhile, the wolf sits down, alert, and addresses his comrades in a high pitched, proud, husky voice, calm to sound almost like a whisper.
    "This is the alchemist we need. All that remains to do is let him regain consciousness, and we can... coerce him.
    The easy part's done- any alchemist worth his salt can create a compound. But what reagents he'll require remains to be seen, as well as his... faithfulness, to our cause."
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The eyes of olive-skinned figure sitting on a bare patch of floor, meditating, flickered open. "Finally." It had taken them long enough to find somebody possessing the required talents.

He rose-and rose-to his feet. Even in his humanoid form, Riverdweller was massive, approaching eight feet tall and easily clearing 300 pounds. He padded across the floor barefoot, clad only in a simple easily-shed habit. He retrieved a manacle chained to the floor and brought it across the warehouse to the limp alchemist, snapping it around his neck. And he sat back down, again in meditation, waiting...
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Erik slips, and *bumps* his head against a rock.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm so very, very sorry. I thought I posted here before, but it seems that the Update must have eaten it. Well, here goes nothing!

The young man tucked into the back of the cave stands up. His limbs are a little too long to be quite human, and as Alomar parts with the shadows they can be seen to be sparsely covered in long, thin hairs. He is small, and unlikely to grow any larger. Alomar wears nothing more than a rough leather skirt with a strap running across his chest.

"I will enjoy extracting the information we need." When the man speaks, it comes with a strange hissing sound. "What do you think? Should we try to wake him?"

Now fully revealed by the light of the fire, Alomar's face is revealed. It's a horrible amalgam of man and arthropod, the mouth splitting into two distinct parts under either of the lowest eyes. Two wicked fangs hang from the end of his swollen mandibles, blacker than the sky and twinkling with their own stars in the firelight.
    Last edited by Lyndworm; 2010-08-20 at 01:40 AM.
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

The alchemist, bruised and battered, begins to slowly open his eyes, not really aware of what is going on. However, he does manage to move his arm significantly, alerting all of you to his awakening.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"I don't think that will be necessary," River said as the alchemist started to stir. Giving Alomar a hard stare, he continued, "Let's not have a repeat of last time, shall we? We need this guy. Alive."
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I grant this thread a new theme song!
    Meanwhile: do something, DM! Keep the X-peopleanimalthingies busy until we put our dastardly deeds into motion!

Erik transforms into a human, and grabs the alchemist by the shirt.
    "I hate this. Do you understand how much I hate this? I feel so... helpless. I hate that you can't understand me under other circumstances, that you're so pathetic and weak you can only understand the words of another pathetic and weak being. I hate this.
    I just want to be able to talk to people once in a while without having to jump through hoops, y'know? So, since I hate this so much, I'll make this quick: I want you to create a concoction that, when drunk, turns one into a lycanthrope. One like me. I need it in mass quantities. You will help me with this, or you will die."