Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Trust me, if I became an English teacher, my students would live in terror.
    Your probably right. They'd be so scared they had to spell a word the british way they'd start eating jellied eel pie.
    My Current Works


    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maximum Zersk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    The Canadian/British Spelling System can be quite frightening if you don't have the proper equipment and training.

    A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

    Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

    Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.


    Spoiler
    Show




  3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    What means location?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Okay, here is character sheet v.1.

    Mori Hajime
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Mori Hajime (last, first)
    Aliases: "Ossan" (or Old Man), Feral One.
    Level: 3
    Gender: Male
    Age: 16
    School: Not sure.

    Appearance: Hajime seems to be something not quite human. His long, straight white hair is entertwined with various herbs, flowers, and roots. The weave of hair and plant is about shoulder length. His skin is tan and leathery, pockmarked with various scars. His eyes are a deep green color. He is slightly above average height-wise, as well as a little slimmer than average build-wise. His face is often blank, as though he is constantly in some sort of meditation. His posture tends to be a little tense, but nothing too alarming. He tends to try and wear the school uniform in a way that covers himself the most without breaking any rules, as the various tattoos on his skin tend to put off people. After school, he repeats the trend of covering himself, using clothes that seem to be an attempt to underemphasise his oddness. He also wears various pouches and sacks, in which he contains seeds and herbs and such.

    Tattoos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has several, of differing designs. Some are Celtic in design (and in method of drawing), and some are more modern. They tend to be more focused on his back and arms, but some do creep onto his neck. Centered on his back is an elaborate tattoo of Yamato-no-Orochi, a mythical eight-headed serpent. It contains remarkable detail, every scale looking as though it were real. Each one of its mouths are open, a kanji for certain words in between the jaws. The eight kanji are for the words "Trust", "Strength", "Faith", "Love", "Friendship", "Honor", "Wisdom", and "Peace". The tattoo seems incomplete, however, the bottom two heads only partially filled in. Almost symbolically, the kanji the two heads point to are "Friendship" and "Love".


    Personality: He seems to be reserved, quiet. He tends to be more on the outskirts of social life due to this. He is always aware, always watching for the little details that most people would miss. He is practical. However, he is willing to help however he can. He seems to keep himself average publicly, to the point where people have commented that he seems to be restraining himself.

    Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Esper Ability: Chlorokinesis: The ability to control plants.

    As a level 3, he has an impressive control over plants. He can manipulate the plant's cellular structure to direct its growth, even in some cases killing it. He can fill a garden house to the brim with plants in full bloom within a few hours, with only a few seeds and a little soil.

    Physical Traits:
    -Tough hide: Due to life in the wild and liberal application of his abilities, his hide is tougher than most.
    -Wild fighter: Again, due to life in the wild, he learned how to fight. It may not be disciplined and graceful, but it works.
    -Athletic: This doesn't need explanation.

    Mental Traits:
    -Reserved: He tends to restrain himself, in an attempt to make himself look normal.
    -Plant lover: He does enjoy plants a lot, often finding himself close to them.
    -Woodcarver: Pretty much what it says.
    -Self sufficient: He knows survival skills; how to forage, what herbs to use to heal, how to hunt, the works.

    Notable Equipment:
    -Various pouches: Used to contain seeds and seedlings of plants and herbs of various sorts.
    -Seed implants: Various seed implants all over Hajime's body.

    Okay, that's the first draft. I have to say, I've had an interesting time writing up this character. The question is, what do you think?
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-08-20 at 07:22 PM.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Moon Wolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Defying Laws of Physics
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    The Canadian/British Spelling System can be quite frightening if you don't have the proper equipment and training.
    How right you are. Especially considering that it's my second language.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

    Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

    GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maximum Zersk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    I think the oddest part about learning the system was the beaver. And the nanites. Though the polar bear was also odd.

    A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

    Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

    Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.


    Spoiler
    Show




  6. - Top - End - #276
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Moon Wolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Defying Laws of Physics
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Ah yes, the beaver. That's right, one of Canada's highest honours went to a giant, buck-toothed rodent.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

    Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

    GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground
     
    13_CBS's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Ah yes, the beaver. That's right, one of Canada's highest honours went to a giant, buck-toothed rodent.
    I heard their tails are quite tasty.

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maximum Zersk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Beavertails are actually fried batter.

    A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

    Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

    Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.


    Spoiler
    Show




  9. - Top - End - #279
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Moon Wolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Defying Laws of Physics
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    I heard their tails are quite tasty.
    You ever seen a beaver's tail? NOT to be confused with a Beavertail. The tail of an actual beaver is leathery unedible meat. A beavertail is fried pastry (or in Explorer's case, teabisk with raspberry melt) and is incredibly delicious.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

    Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

    GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    What means location?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    ...Huh. A discussion on eating beaver's tails.

    Yep, that's our internet for you!!
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground
     
    13_CBS's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Yep, that's our internet for you!!
    Spoiler
    Show


    That's just how it rolls, mate. That's just how it rolls.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maximum Zersk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    This is a beaver's tail.

    Spoiler
    Show


    This is a beavertail.

    Spoiler
    Show


    A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

    Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

    Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.


    Spoiler
    Show




  13. - Top - End - #283
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    riccaru's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Toshi Yuki
    Spoiler
    Show

    Alias: Armand (self given)
    Age:15
    Height: 5Ď6ď
    Weight: 127
    Group: Onizuka Middle School
    Gender: Male
    Level: High-tier 2. RSPK symptoms classified as low-tier level 3

    Appearance: Yuki is a pale and somewhat sickly looking young man. His eyes are a dull blue color and his hair lacks any noticeable shine or luster. His hair is a dull light brown and comes to slightly over his eyes in the front. He rarely combs his hair as well. His typical outfit is an old loose gray hooded sweatshirt. The color is faded from the shirt but what seems like a discolored red dragon can be seen on the front. For bottoms he wears lined black pants, staving off the cold. Yuki can often be seen with a quite large duffel bag on his person, and often wears dull gray shoes.

    Personality: Despite his somewhat dreary dressings, Yuki will often try to gain the attention of people through other means, I.E. throwing things at them. Less often he will hide in a nearly unreachable place and sit alone, watching the city continue without him for long periods, as if he was never there.

    Power: Gravity Manipulation - Yuki has the ability as a level two ESPer to shift gravity for himself in any direction he chooses, so long as he is touching a solid object on that plane. He will most often use this to climb vertical surfaces or even stand upside down on a ceiling. His power protects him from minor vertigo and blood pooling in any one part of his body. Toshi can also shift gravity to a lesser or higher variable in his immediate area. This shift can change gravity to between -10.79 m/s to -8.83 m/s (Normal is -9.81 m/s, for a change of +/- 10%).

    RSPK: Yuki has a mild case of RSPK syndrome. The ailment manifests itself by causing fragile objects to crumble under their own weight or causing light objects to float momentarily.

    Physical traits:
    Weak bodied: Yuki gets sick quite easily as he has a slight immune deficiency. He is often seen with a cold or other minor ailment.

    Mental traits:
    English speaking: Yuki knows a little English, just enough to survive on hotdogs and coca cola. He learned what little he knows from translated Heavy/Death metal songs.

    Fast reader: Yuki often reads to himself during classes, he has to fight to stay with the class on a daily basis.

    Notable equipment:
    Cell phone: Yuki carries a phone around with him, though he rarely gets calls. He keeps hoping for a number to show up thatís not a telemarketer.
    Nerf gun: In Yukiís bag are two Nerf guns, the Longshot CS-6 and the Maverick Rev-6. He sometimes has a Raider as well.


    Edit: So it's like fried dough?
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-08-20 at 08:21 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Moon Wolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Defying Laws of Physics
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    My friend, that is exactly what it is. Fried dough. Because we Canadians have our own things that we like fried.

    P.S. They're all over...just not in Canada's largest city...
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

    Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

    GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    What means location?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    This is a beaver's tail.

    Spoiler
    Show


    This is a beavertail.

    Spoiler
    Show

    ...That beavertail looks delicious right now.

    So, to get somewhat back on topic, any comments on the characters?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maximum Zersk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    They both seem like good characters.

    A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

    Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

    Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.


    Spoiler
    Show




  17. - Top - End - #287
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    riccaru's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    They both seem like good characters.
    I'm actually really surprised I remembered the velocity of gravity after all summer. Good ol' Mrs. Cronin.

    edit: Anyone know how to do superscript? It's supposed to be -9.81 m/s^2
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-08-20 at 08:51 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Arkturus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Looks like fun. Can I join?
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Nekutar made by Terry576.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    No.
    ...
    Alright, fine.

    But seriously, go ahead! Come up with a character and we will provide scathing insults helpful commentary/criticism! Then when the character is complete/approved you can put him/her on the wiki.


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground
     
    13_CBS's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Okay, here is character sheet v.1.

    Mori Hajime
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Mori Hajime (last, first)
    Aliases: "Ossan" (or Old Man), Feral One.
    Level: 3
    Gender: Male
    Age: 16
    School: Not sure.

    Appearance: Hajime seems to be something not quite human. His long, straight white hair is entertwined with various herbs, flowers, and roots. The weave of hair and plant is about shoulder length. His skin is tan and leathery, pockmarked with various scars. His eyes are a deep green color. He is slightly above average height-wise, as well as a little slimmer than average build-wise. His face is often blank, as though he is constantly in some sort of meditation. His posture tends to be a little tense, but nothing too alarming. He tends to try and wear the school uniform in a way that covers himself the most without breaking any rules, as the various tattoos on his skin tend to put off people. After school, he repeats the trend of covering himself, using clothes that seem to be an attempt to underemphasise his oddness. He also wears various pouches and sacks, in which he contains seeds and herbs and such.

    Tattoos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has several, of differing designs. Some are Celtic in design (and in method of drawing), and some are more modern. They tend to be more focused on his back and arms, but some do creep onto his neck. Centered on his back is an elaborate tattoo of Yamato-no-Orochi, a mythical eight-headed serpent. It contains remarkable detail, every scale looking as though it were real. Each one of its mouths are open, a kanji for certain words in between the jaws. The eight kanji are for the words "Trust", "Strength", "Faith", "Love", "Friendship", "Honor", "Wisdom", and "Peace". The tattoo seems incomplete, however, the bottom two heads only partially filled in. Almost symbolically, the kanji the two heads point to are "Friendship" and "Love".


    Personality: He seems to be reserved, quiet. He tends to be more on the outskirts of social life due to this. He is always aware, always watching for the little details that most people would miss. He is practical. However, he is willing to help however he can. He seems to keep himself average publicly, to the point where people have commented that he seems to be restraining himself.

    Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Esper Ability: Chlorokinesis: The ability to control plants.

    As a level 3, he has an impressive control over plants. He can manipulate the plant's cellular structure to direct its growth, even in some cases killing it. He can fill a garden house to the brim with plants in full bloom within a few hours, with only a few seeds and a little soil.

    Physical Traits:
    -Tough hide: Due to life in the wild and liberal application of his abilities, his hide is tougher than most.
    -Wild fighter: Again, due to life in the wild, he learned how to fight. It may not be disciplined and graceful, but it works.
    -Athletic: This doesn't need explanation.

    Mental Traits:
    -Reserved: He tends to restrain himself, in an attempt to make himself look normal.
    -Plant lover: He does enjoy plants a lot, often finding himself close to them.
    -Woodcarver: Pretty much what it says.
    -Self sufficient: He knows survival skills; how to forage, what herbs to use to heal, how to hunt, the works.

    Notable Equipment:
    -Various pouches: Used to contain seeds and seedlings of plants and herbs of various sorts.
    -Seed implants: Various seed implants all over Hajime's body.

    Okay, that's the first draft. I have to say, I've had an interesting time writing up this character. The question is, what do you think?

    Looks good! I have no problems with Hajime's powers as they are.

    However, getting him to fit into one of the various factions will be trickier. At the very least, all the stuff in his hair will probably be dress code violations at most Academy City schools, and at the very least may mark him as a weirdo or an outcast among the other students. Meanwhile, I'm reluctant to let too many ESPers join Skill Out, especially those that are Level 3 or above...

    Nonetheless, a fine character and a welcome addition to the madhouse.


    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Toshi Yuki
    Spoiler
    Show

    Alias: Armand (self given)
    Age:15
    Height: 5Ď6ď
    Weight: 127
    Group: Onizuka Middle School
    Gender: Male
    Level: High-tier 2. RSPK symptoms classified as low-tier level 3

    Appearance: Yuki is a pale and somewhat sickly looking young man. His eyes are a dull blue color and his hair lacks any noticeable shine or luster. His hair is a dull light brown and comes to slightly over his eyes in the front. He rarely combs his hair as well. His typical outfit is an old loose gray hooded sweatshirt. The color is faded from the shirt but what seems like a discolored red dragon can be seen on the front. For bottoms he wears lined black pants, staving off the cold. Yuki can often be seen with a quite large duffel bag on his person, and often wears dull gray shoes.

    Personality: Despite his somewhat dreary dressings, Yuki will often try to gain the attention of people through other means, I.E. throwing things at them. Less often he will hide in a nearly unreachable place and sit alone, watching the city continue without him for long periods, as if he was never there.

    Power: Gravity Manipulation - Yuki has the ability as a level two ESPer to shift gravity for himself in any direction he chooses, so long as he is touching a solid object on that plane. He will most often use this to climb vertical surfaces or even stand upside down on a ceiling. His power protects him from minor vertigo and blood pooling in any one part of his body. Toshi can also shift gravity to a lesser or higher variable in his immediate area. This shift can change gravity to between -10.79 m/s to -8.83 m/s (Normal is -9.81 m/s, for a change of +/- 10%).

    RSPK: Yuki has a mild case of RSPK syndrome. The ailment manifests itself by causing fragile objects to crumble under their own weight or causing light objects to float momentarily.

    Physical traits:
    Weak bodied: Yuki gets sick quite easily as he has a slight immune deficiency. He is often seen with a cold or other minor ailment.

    Mental traits:
    English speaking: Yuki knows a little English, just enough to survive on hotdogs and coca cola. He learned what little he knows from translated Heavy/Death metal songs.

    Fast reader: Yuki often reads to himself during classes, he has to fight to stay with the class on a daily basis.

    Notable equipment:
    Cell phone: Yuki carries a phone around with him, though he rarely gets calls. He keeps hoping for a number to show up thatís not a telemarketer.
    Nerf gun: In Yukiís bag are two Nerf guns, the Longshot CS-6 and the Maverick Rev-6. He sometimes has a Raider as well.
    Also looks fine.


    @ Arkturus: Welcome to Academy City ITP! Remember: the more kidneys you let Callos harvest, the happier your stay here will be.


    Meanwhile, I drew a picture of Satoku Masaki on Inkscape. Many thanks to Innis, Callos, and especially Shades for giving me advice on my very first OOTS style avatar!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-20 at 11:51 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    riccaru's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Looks good! I have no problems with Hajime's powers as they are.

    However, getting him to fit into one of the various factions will be trickier. At the very least, all the stuff in his hair will probably be dress code violations at most Academy City schools, and at the very least may mark him as a weirdo or an outcast among the other students. Meanwhile, I'm reluctant to let too many ESPers join Skill Out, especially those that are Level 3 or above...

    Nonetheless, a fine character and a welcome addition to the madhouse.




    Also looks fine.


    @ Arkturus: Welcome to Academy City ITP! Remember: the more kidneys you let Callos harvest, the happier your stay here will be.


    Meanwhile, I drew a picture of Satoku Masaki on Inkscape. Many thanks to Innis, Callos, and especially Shades for giving me advice on my very first OOTS style avatar!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, unless other peoples' kidneys count... There's a hard limit of 2... 1 if you're a wimp.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground
     
    13_CBS's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Well, unless other peoples' kidneys count... There's a hard limit of 2... 1 if you're a wimp.
    Who said those kidneys had to be yours?

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Who said those kidneys had to be yours?
    I did. It seperates the hardcore players who give two from the casual who give one to the ninnies who give zero and 'disappear' like Child Errors.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    "These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground
     
    13_CBS's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I did. It seperates the hardcore players who give two from the casual who give one to the ninnies who give zero and 'disappear' like Child Errors.
    Pfft. Hardcore is when you go out, harvest your own, then sacrifice them to the dark god Callos, He Who Is Devoid of Mercy.

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    What means location?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Looks good! I have no problems with Hajime's powers as they are.

    However, getting him to fit into one of the various factions will be trickier. At the very least, all the stuff in his hair will probably be dress code violations at most Academy City schools, and at the very least may mark him as a weirdo or an outcast among the other students. Meanwhile, I'm reluctant to let too many ESPers join Skill Out, especially those that are Level 3 or above...

    Nonetheless, a fine character and a welcome addition to the madhouse.
    Well, I wasn't thinking of having him be a part of Skill Out. Not sure where you got that idea...

    As for the Seed implants in his hair...well, I could change them to be different somehow...

    Other than that, thank you very much!! It will be interesting.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground
     
    13_CBS's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Well, I wasn't thinking of having him be a part of Skill Out. Not sure where you got that idea...
    I mentioned this because the 2 main "factions" that student age characters can join tend to be either one of the schools or Skill Out.

    Now, I'm not an expert in Japanese culture by any means, but I get the impression that, in most urban areas in Japan, standing out the way Hajime does, especially at school, isn't going to make you a whole lot of friends. If you want to keep Hajime the way he is, then that's fine. I just wanted to inform you of how people might react if the saw Hajime at school.

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    What means location?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    I mentioned this because the 2 main "factions" that student age characters can join tend to be either one of the schools or Skill Out.

    Now, I'm not an expert in Japanese culture by any means, but I get the impression that, in most urban areas in Japan, standing out the way Hajime does, especially at school, isn't going to make you a whole lot of friends. If you want to keep Hajime the way he is, then that's fine. I just wanted to inform you of how people might react if the saw Hajime at school.
    Well, from what I've heard, having a tattoo is pretty much instant social isolation thanks to the tattoo's connection with the Yakuza. So there is that...

    I'm pretty sure my intent with Hajime was to have him be on the fringe in the first place. The things that he did weren't for winning beauty contests, they were for survival. Now that he is in civilization, he makes an effort to at least appear as normal as he can, but sometimes old habits die hard.

    So, it seems that, as is, he won't cause too much trouble. But, just in case, I am willing to negotiate. I will think about it.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground
     
    13_CBS's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Well, from what I've heard, having a tattoo is pretty much instant social isolation thanks to the tattoo's connection with the Yakuza. So there is that...

    I'm pretty sure my intent with Hajime was to have him be on the fringe in the first place. The things that he did weren't for winning beauty contests, they were for survival. Now that he is in civilization, he makes an effort to at least appear as normal as he can, but sometimes old habits die hard.

    So, it seems that, as is, he won't cause too much trouble. But, just in case, I am willing to negotiate. I will think about it.
    Ah, I apologize if it sounded like I was trying to actively discourage you from having Hajime be in one of the schools. I don't think there will be any major problems if he goes to Onizuka or elsewhere.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    What means location?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Ah, I apologize if it sounded like I was trying to actively discourage you from having Hajime be in one of the schools. I don't think there will be any major problems if he goes to Onizuka or elsewhere.
    No no, it's alright. I understood when I made him that he wouldn't exactly be class president. Unless it was a very interesting school...

    Although, now that I think about it, I am wondering how much of a problem the tattoos would cause him.

    Well, he just will have to avoid situations where they will become openly visible, now won't he?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground
     
    13_CBS's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    No no, it's alright. I understood when I made him that he wouldn't exactly be class president. Unless it was a very interesting school...

    Although, now that I think about it, I am wondering how much of a problem the tattoos would cause him.

    Well, he just will have to avoid situations where they will become openly visible, now won't he?
    Just don't let Sakurako strip him naked. It's unlikely to happen since she's interested in girls, but there is always the risk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •