New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Little bit of what now? All I know is that there was an explosion, and now a head is missing. There are many variables unknown here. It could have been detonated from a far-away location. It could be an esper power and she was lying about being level 0. It could have been an explosion from above. He could have been decapitated conventionally then the money could have been spread around and set flame to, followed by setting off a loud explosiony noise to alert the authorities.

The last is not very likely, but you are thinking inside the box as to what exactly went down there.
    I meant plastique... Like C4. All I know is, he ate candy from a stranger and then his head went 'splodey. So thats why you don't take candy from strangers! It all makes sense now! If you eat stranger candy, you'll conveniently be explosive decapitated!
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Halfling in the Playground

No comments? Sweet. I'll take that as an "All approved!"
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

3. - Top - End - #333
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    I meant plastique... Like C4. All I know is, he ate candy from a stranger and then his head went 'splodey. So thats why you don't take candy from strangers! It all makes sense now! If you eat stranger candy, you'll conveniently be explosive decapitated!
    Remember that mysterylady also had the same candy and did not have a splodeyhead.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    No comments? Sweet. I'll take that as an "All approved!"
    Not so fast, young lady.

Right! No clue what level this would be considered, so I'll let you tell me and such. Just a quick rough-draft.

Name: Rose Waterpool
    Aliases: I'll think of some
    Level: ?
    Groups:

Appearance: Rose is average height for her age. She has dark brown hair (long but usually kept in a tight bun on he back of her head) and brown eyes.

Personality: Rose is... eccentric... to say the least. It is speculated that she is more interested in holding a conversation with her toaster than with an actual person. It is also said that her current love interest is a fancy new cappuccino machine at a popular cafe. She is a known steampunk addict and her abilities tend to reflect this in their application.

Abilities

Esper Ability: "Macchina Affinità" Her name for it. Machine Affinity. Simply put, she has the ability to instantly understand the working of and deconstruct mechanical devices then reconstruct them in new and sometimes seemingly impossible ways. More interestingly, she is often able to do this without actually touching the machines she is working on. That is, she possesses a telekinetic ability in which she can swiftly deconstruct machinery around her and build new devices using only her mind to do the physical work. Her obsession with steampunk often reflects itself in how her ability manifest, giving the devices she builds an artistic flare that echoes this love of fantasy on her part.

Additional Uses:

Rose utilizes her abilities in two general ways. The first is device construction. She can build an astounding array of devices to accomplish whatever task presents itself.

The other way she uses it is a bit rarer and only utilized when she absolutely needs it. Body Gears. Also her term. She rapidly deconstructs machines and non-machine components from her surroundings and reassembles them into a set of power armor around her body. A very draining technique, Body Gears is reserved only in situations where fighting is unavoidable and the need for survival outweighs the cost of paying to repair the structures she pulls apart to build the armor with. The armor can be constructed to suit whatever her immediate needs are, often focusing on only one aspect at a time. She currently possesses three models: Speed. Strength. Firepower.

Speed: This armor is light and compact, with elongated, reverse jointed legs and sleet design. It is built to increase her speed and agility, allowing her to dodge attacks, catch fast foes, or run away very very well.

Strength: Build tough and and heavy, Strength is what she uses to deliver punishing attacks against her targets. This armor is massive and can take a lot of punishment, protecting her inside while she retaliates with powerful punches. It is slow, however, and not very maneuverable.

Firepower: Oh Firepower... This armor is less like a suit of armor and more like a gun she builds around herself. It is completely stationary but able to rotate. It is a cannon with guns stuck on it. The armor is thicker than Strength, compensating for not being able to move. he ammo it fires is the various material she collects from around her, making it the most destructive in terms collateral damage caused by the actual deconstructing process.

Physical Traits:

-Jujutsu: Rose trains rather intensively in martial arts, which comes in handy when she constructs her suits and puts them into use.

Mental Traits: Rose is a fast thinker and has a high aptitude for machines and technology. She is not very good at social interactions, though.

Notable Equipment: She doesn't usually have tools with her, her ability removing the need for them, however, she does have a... well... a companion. She calls it Spark and it appears between a ball, a dog, and a lemur. It is a construct slightly smaller than a cat and made of various machines. Its appearance is known to change, as Rose is constantly tinkering with it. It seems autonomous and has a somewhat inquisitive attitude.

Background:
    Rose is a foreigner, hailing from England originally. I'll come up with more later.

Interesting usage of Telekinesis, I must say. Her power as it is right now is easily a LEvel 4, maybe even a Level Five.

My only concern is this:

Rose utilizes her abilities in two general ways. The first is device construction. She can build an astounding array of devices to accomplish whatever task presents itself.
    How flexible and powerful is this ability? What is the limit on the kinds of things that she can create?
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-21 at 11:22 PM.

5. - Top - End - #335

The only comment I have is that you should go on MSN more, Purple. I got my hopes up when I saw that you listed your MSN on your profile.

My MSN address is available upon request to all. Unless I don't like you.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    The only comment I have is that you should go on MSN more, Purple. I got my hopes up when I saw that you listed your MSN on your profile.

My MSN address is available upon request to all. Unless I don't like you.
    I'm really not sure if that was joking or not. Just in case I don't wanna ask, that way I won't be let down.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

7. - Top - End - #337

Hmmm.... It is fairly flexible... Any suggestions on how to limit it?

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

Well first off, I see someone is feeling Sparky.

Second, I have to say that the Body Gear ability feels more like magic then an esper ability. There's been...zero examples of construction of objects as an esper ability. Plenty of manipulation of objects, but all the examples of building something (from a fiery demon-pope-thingy to golems, etc.) have all been magic which...>.>; Isn't allowed for a lot of reasons.

But a steam-punky technopath is it's own kinda of interesting though.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

It is quite similar to my technopath.. but different enough, I think.

^ A steampunk technopath and a cyberpunk technopath. All we need now is a Dungeonpunk technopath.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Well first off, I see someone is feeling Sparky.

Second, I have to say that the Body Gear ability feels more like magic then an esper ability. There's been...zero examples of construction of objects as an esper ability. Plenty of manipulation of objects, but all the examples of building something (from a fiery demon-pope-thingy to golems, etc.) have all been magic which...>.>; Isn't allowed for a lot of reasons.

But a steam-punky technopath is it's own kinda of interesting though.
    It isn't so much an ability that lets her build things without knowing how they work, but her affinity to building machines combined with telekinesis in such a way that she is able to build faster and more complex than if she had to do it all by hand without powers.

Also, I am a steampunk fanatic. =P

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

That would depend on what you were planning on using the ability for, I think.

Some baseline rules I would suggest:

1) No electronics, unless Rose's telekinetic power is so fine that she can convert nearby copper into electric wire and nearby silicon/similar material into conductors. By extension, no Artificial Intelligence. If she can pull all of this off, then she'd easily be a Level Five and, more importantly, you'd be intruding on Zersk's character.

2) Rose must provide her own fuel, ammunition, and propellants, unless she can manufacture those herself through her power. If she can make those things with her power, then once again such fine control over chemistry will probably bump her into Level Five territory. If she makes a gun with her ability, then she'll have to make not only the bullets but also the gunpowder, primer, and shell casing all on her own, or otherwise buy/steal them from elsewhere. If she makes a jetpack, then the fuel she'd have to get from elsewhere.

3) The more massive the object made, the more difficult it is to keep together, unless the object is made from another object (such as making a hammer out of a single piece of steel). If Rose is knocked unconscious, runs out of stamina, or otherwise cancels the ability, the object falls apart into its constituent components. Larger things may require more concentration to keep together.

4) The finer the parts of the device, the longer it takes for Rose to assemble it. A hammer will take much less time to make than, say, a fine, fully functioning semiautomatic pistol (which is a rather complicated device), which in turn takes less time than a fully functioning pocket watch/pendulum clock.

5) I suspect that you weren't going for this anyway, but just in case...no transmutation or unassisted chemical reactions. If Rose has steel, she's stuck with steel. She can't extract the carbon out of it to make pure iron, or add more carbon to make pig iron. She can't take chunks of copper and tin and make bronze without a sufficient heat source and metallurgical knowledge. And so forth.

(My other issue with Rose is her Steampunk flavor, which doesn't really mesh well with the Railgun setting...but that's a minor nitpick.)

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ooh, a Gundam reference.
    Yes, my brother is to play a game called [A.C.E:R] very much recently.

To Purple Rose:

I think the ability to take apart and assemble with [telekinesis] is ok.
    To make the armor maybe is such an ability with that skill... But of making "Guns" it is a similar problem of before with Callos' character and situation. Guns are very dangerous and I don't think it is a weapon that should be used by hero characters. To make a gun also, I already said my thought of this :
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I am against it for any reason I think. Only because of 'plot point' is maybe it okay. There should not be 'genius gunsmith' or 'black market firearms' here. It is Academy City. Most of characters are Junior High School or High School students.

That is my opinion on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose
    Notable Equipment: She doesn't usually have tools with her, her ability removing the need for them, however, she does have a... well... a companion. She calls it Spark and it appears between a ball, a dog, and a lemur. It is a construct slightly smaller than a cat and made of various machines. Its appearance is known to change, as Rose is constantly tinkering with it. It seems autonomous and has a somewhat inquisitive attitude.
    I think this is a problem because of AI technology to be easily gotten by a young student seems difficult and troubling. To make it seem alive is certainly a case of [Magic] and not [Esper] ability I think.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

13. - Top - End - #343

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    That would depend on what you were planning on using the ability for, I think.

Some baseline rules I would suggest:

1) No electronics, unless Rose's telekinetic power is so fine that she can convert nearby copper into electric wire and nearby silicon/similar material into conductors. By extension, no Artificial Intelligence. If she can pull all of this off, then she'd easily be a Level Five and, more importantly, you'd be intruding on Zersk's character.
    My intention was that, when it came to electrical devices, she would be forced to rely on preexisting electronic circuitry. For example, she could use a calculator to ad a simple diode screen to whatever she was building, providing she also used the battery to power it. But it would be limited to displaying numbers. Adding a computer and all its wires and such would work, but it would need any pertinent programs already installed on it to do anything. She would not be crafting new materials with her powers.

2) Rose must provide her own fuel, ammunition, and propellants, unless she can manufacture those herself through her power. If she can make those things with her power, then once again such fine control over chemistry will probably bump her into Level Five territory. If she makes a gun with her ability, then she'll have to make not only the bullets but also the gunpowder, primer, and shell casing all on her own, or otherwise buy/steal them from elsewhere. If she makes a jetpack, then the fuel she'd have to get from elsewhere.
    Again, she is not crafting new things, just taking the parts from around her and crafting them together in a new way. The more advanced the surroundings are, the more advanced she can build things. IE: Put her in a computer lab filled with ammunition, and... well... yeah... <.<

3) The more massive the object made, the more difficult it is to keep together, unless the object is made from another object (such as making a hammer out of a single piece of steel). If Rose is knocked unconscious, runs out of stamina, or otherwise cancels the ability, the object falls apart into its constituent components. Larger things may require more concentration to keep together.
    Not sure how I feel about this. I agree for the most part. I was thinking, more than likely the raw power that drives her creations would be her abilities. The engine behind it all. If she makes a robot, she can drive it with her abilities and when she stops, then it stops and is pretty much useless. But it might not fall to pieces. I'll explain further down.

4) The finer the parts of the device, the longer it takes for Rose to assemble it. A hammer will take much less time to make than, say, a fine, fully functioning semiautomatic pistol (which is a rather complicated device), which in turn takes less time than a fully functioning pocket watch/pendulum clock.
    This I agree with as well. The more complex the creation, the longer it take to bend metal and fit it all together.

5) I suspect that you weren't going for this anyway, but just in case...no transmutation or unassisted chemical reactions. If Rose has steel, she's stuck with steel. She can't extract the carbon out of it to make pure iron, or add more carbon to make pig iron. She can't take chunks of copper and tin and make bronze without a sufficient heat source and metallurgical knowledge. And so forth.
    Fully with you on this. What she gathers from around her is what she has to work with. Complex parts or garbage bins and paper towel rolls, it all depends.

(My other issue with Rose is her Steampunk flavor, which doesn't really mesh well with the Railgun setting...but that's a minor nitpick.)
    Aside from just liking steampunk, the reason I went this path is that it is far easier to explain building complex machines when they are made of gears and springs and larger moving parts like that. It is also easier to allow for bending metal plating pulled from the building next to her into cogs and whatnot. Also, gives a bit of an eccentric flare to the character.

To Purple Rose:

I think the ability to take apart and assemble with [telekinesis] is ok.
    To make the armor maybe is such an ability with that skill... But of making "Guns" it is a similar problem of before with Callos' character and situation. Guns are very dangerous and I don't think it is a weapon that should be used by hero characters. To make a gun also, I already said my thought of this :
    I don't mind removing that part at all. I'm only somewhat familiar with the setting and seem to be stuck in a slightly more militant mindset due to other games I've been running lately. It's hard to transition down from a campaign where the characters fired a magical blackhole cannon in the first encounter and we are all still level one.

I think this is a problem because of AI technology to be easily gotten by a young student seems difficult and troubling. To make it seem alive is certainly a case of [Magic] and not [Esper] ability I think.
    Also removable with no complaints.
    Last edited by Purple Rose; 2010-08-22 at 01:29 AM.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Not sure how I feel about this. I agree for the most part. I was thinking, more than likely the raw power that drives her creations would be her abilities. The engine behind it all. If she makes a robot, she can drive it with her abilities and when she stops, then it stops and is pretty much useless. But it might not fall to pieces. I'll explain further down.
    Actually, ignore my comment on that part; I was thinking of some other thing and had gotten confused.

Aside from just liking steampunk, the reason I went this path is that it is far easier to explain building complex machines when they are made of gears and springs and larger moving parts like that. It is also easier to allow for bending metal plating pulled from the building next to her into cogs and whatnot. Also, gives a bit of an eccentric flare to the character.
    I'm not certain that the ability to bend metals into gears and cogs must necessarily be explained with Steampunk, but I'm fine with the Steampunk flavor regardless.

So, once you've fixed those issues, we now need a place for Rose to go. If you haven't already, I would encourage you to do a little reading on our wiki, particularly in the "Schools" and "Factions" articles.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    ^ A steampunk technopath and a cyberpunk technopath. All we need now is a Dungeonpunk technopath.
    If I had any idea what Dungeonpunk was, I might make that.

On another note:

Yay! Silver and Purple is here too!

That's super-mega-bladjiiba-tastic!

I'm afraid I don't have any comment on the character other than it being cool, everybody ninja'ed me and I'm the one with the speedster character!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    If I had any idea what Dungeonpunk was, I might make that.
    Think Eberron...

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Think Eberron...
    Sentient robots, airships and magic trains?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #348

Hey, I never played in this forum's freeform rpg, but I'm interested in this since I have a certain concept that I'd like to play.

The character that I'm thinking is a relatively senior student with a completely useless power, which they've tried to advance it into something actually useful but never succeed. But it still count as a power, so they can't really put him into 'powerless' level. I could either have him as a complete go-with-the-flow guy who don't really mind that, or an

I haven't checked the character list yet. Are there someone with similar premise?

Examples of his choice of powers that I had in mind are like:

1.A limited post/precognition power, that is the ability to completely predict future chapters of mangas and comic books as far as the creator planned, that works by... say combination of minor post/precognition with [paper] medium (that actually can work indirectly as opposed to postcognitions that work by touching something that's directly related to the subject!) and ability to see the intent of a creator from the combination of text and picture.

2.Ability to predict movements of goldfishes with 100% accuracy that works by seeing the flow of water and the vectors of the goldfishes' movement or something in that line. Haven't managed to make it work with any other fish yet, because they make different flow of water around their body.

3.Ability to move electron on inorganic matter with less than 10 μm diameter. Basically he can change the electric charge of dust, or at most snow crystal, and make them stick on something with static electricity, or make dustbunnies dance under the spotlight or something in that line.

Would my character concept work and are there any character with similar premise?

And completely unrelated to his power, I'd like him to have a detective agency that never actually solved any case
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Hey, I never played in this forum's freeform rpg, but I'm interested in this since I have a certain concept that I'd like to play.

The character that I'm thinking is a relatively senior student with a completely useless power, which they've tried to advance it into something actually useful but never succeed. But it still count as a power, so they can't really put him into 'powerless' level. I could either have him as a complete go-with-the-flow guy who don't really mind that, or an

I haven't checked the character list yet. Are there someone with similar premise?

Examples of his choice of powers that I had in mind are like:

1.A limited post/precognition power, that is the ability to completely predict future chapters of mangas and comic books as far as the creator planned, that works by... say combination of minor post/precognition with [paper] medium (that actually can work indirectly as opposed to postcognitions that work by touching something that's directly related to the subject!) and ability to see the intent of a creator from the combination of text and picture.

2.Ability to predict movements of goldfishes with 100% accuracy that works by seeing the flow of water and the vectors of the goldfishes' movement or something in that line. Haven't managed to make it work with any other fish yet, because they make different flow of water around their body.

3.Ability to move electron on inorganic matter with less than 10 μm diameter. Basically he can change the electric charge of dust, or at most snow crystal, and make them stick on something with static electricity, or make dustbunnies dance under the spotlight or something in that line.

Would my character concept work and are there any character with similar premise?

And completely unrelated to his power, I'd like him to have a detective agency that never actually solved any case
    Welcome! Glad to see new people have a go at this

I don't think anyone have a similar premise but I have some comments:

1. I think that's a bit too magic-like to fit in this setting, we have out-ruled magic in favour of ESPers who have powers based in science. Still a groovy idea.

2. Hilarious power but doesn't have much potential for fun tricks, no problem with it setting-wise, though. Nice idea

3. Now that is an awesome idea, I think it would be the funniest of them while still providing variation and uselessness at the same time

About the Detective agency I can't say much, where I come from it would never work (I think the police takes care of the cases instead and suchwhat) but I don't know how it is in Japan. It does sound a bit too much for someone that young, though. But that might just be me.

Other than that, have a fun and enjoyable time
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, new RP, eh? Let's see...Irresponsible psychic teenagers unwittingly enmeshed in convoluted conspiracies and even more convoluted love dodecahedrons...Sounds interesting. I would have posted here sooner, but it's taken me a while to read my way through the relevant manga. Still, better late than never.

I've already got a character in mind, but since he's an Esper there's one thing I'm having trouble finding: Is there a convenient list somewhere that lays out the basic divisions between each of the five levels used to classify Espers? For such a fundamental system of IC measurement, it's been strangely difficult to find the rules that govern it. As it stands now I'm still not clear as to what distinguishes (for example) a level 3 ability from a level 4.

And yes, I know I could just post the character's powers here and get a perfectly good estimate for their level, but that's entirely beside the point. It's the principle of the thing...

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Ah, new RP, eh? Let's see...Irresponsible psychic teenagers unwittingly enmeshed in convoluted conspiracies and even more convoluted love dodecahedrons...Sounds interesting. I would have posted here sooner, but it's taken me a while to read my way through the relevant manga. Still, better late than never.

I've already got a character in mind, but since he's an Esper there's one thing I'm having trouble finding: Is there a convenient list somewhere that lays out the basic divisions between each of the five levels used to classify Espers? For such a fundamental system of IC measurement, it's been strangely difficult to find the rules that govern it. As it stands now I'm still not clear as to what distinguishes (for example) a level 3 ability from a level 4.

And yes, I know I could just post the character's powers here and get a perfectly good estimate for their level, but that's entirely beside the point. It's the principle of the thing...
    There's a guide here if it helps

Other than that, I can't help you. Sorry
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

It's difficult to say too, but there seems to be some indicators on what determines a level.

-Endurance (how often/long can the esper use a power)
    -Accuracy (this is pretty self-explanatory, how accurate is it and over what distance)
    -Destructive potential (This is just a hunch on my part, but those abilities without destructive potential don't seem to be leveled that high or need to be more powerful then normal to get the same level. Possibly because it's easier to test a destructive power then a more subtle one)
    -Control (Ties into accuracy and endurance but deserves it's own mention. If an esper has trouble controlling their ability, then that's a set of problems all on it's own)
    -Power (More abstract. Deals with how strong the ability is compared to others of the same ability and tests to determine how powerful the ability is. Just as testing the max voltage an electromaster can emit, the maxium range of a teleporter/telepath, etc)
    -What the ability can actually do. (to use one of the slightly jokier examples, if Fri's character can mind control goldfish with perfect control and such, he's still unlikely to be above a Level 1-2...because mind-controlling goldfish/predicting their movements doesn't have many applications)

Most of that's just conjecture on my part.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-08-22 at 12:52 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Welcome! Glad to see new people have a go at this

I don't think anyone have a similar premise but I have some comments:

1. I think that's a bit too magic-like to fit in this setting, we have out-ruled magic in favour of ESPers who have powers based in science. Still a groovy idea.

2. Hilarious power but doesn't have much potential for fun tricks, no problem with it setting-wise, though. Nice idea

3. Now that is an awesome idea, I think it would be the funniest of them while still providing variation and uselessness at the same time

About the Detective agency I can't say much, where I come from it would never work (I think the police takes care of the cases instead and suchwhat) but I don't know how it is in Japan. It does sound a bit too much for someone that young, though. But that might just be me.

Other than that, have a fun and enjoyable time
    Well, on the first power, I guess I could scratch the medium-based-postcognition part and simply rationalize it as ability to get information from combination of pictures and writings (aka mangas and comicbook) (and with various external variables like the author's temperament, the work's mood, the time of the month, and such) and accurately deduce what will happen next.

I still haven't set on what power I'd like to have though, so I'll think about those more.

And on the detective agency, it's not real detective agency. You know, he acts like a detective and keep saying that he has a detective agency of some sort, like what we often do in school.

...I'm not the only one that ever pretend to be a detective in school, am I?
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-08-22 at 01:41 PM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

24. - Top - End - #354

Welcome Fri.

Good to see you back Anyr, and Purple as well. Dips on Fri's kidney. Screw you Callos.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Yeah, her case was more "plants on hair", his is more "plants in or is hair.

I was thinking about what to do with him today, and if the plant hair will cause uneccessary problems, I could have him put them in remission most of the time, then when bad guys come, plant hair engage.

Which brings me to my next question. Should I elaborate further on his powers? I ask this because so far, his power description is basically just quoting Frozen Feet, and I've seen on other character sheets the power's abilities at different levels. Should I elaborate on how long it will take for him to grow one plant? How much of the plant's growth can he direct, and how precise is it? What about already grown plants?

I'm also wondering about the practicality and forthought on the Seed Implants he has. I mean, if he catches that syndrome that causes his powers to go ballistic, he's either becoming a vegetable (pun not intended) or dead.

Sorry for the barrage of questions. I can't help myself.
    Reposting.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

...I'm not the only one that ever pretend to be a detective in school, am I?
    I prefer pretending to be a hippie

A combination of shyness and actually identifying as a drugless hippie has ruined that so far, though.

Square it!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

27. - Top - End - #357

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Welcome Fri.

Good to see you back Anyr, and Purple as well. Dips on Fri's kidney. Screw you Callos.
    The plot thickens...

(Sorry.)
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Fri! Anyr! Good to see all of you!

I don't think so. There are a few characters with low power levels, but no one was designed to be quite the way you had in mind.

If it's a one man, informal detective agency as you say it is, then that sounds fine.

Don't worry, the IC thread's hardly started. There's still plenty of opportunities to insert charaters where you want them.

Unfortunately, no. You kind of just look at what a character is capable of doing and somewhat arbitrarily decide on what level he or she is. You get a better feel for it after you've read the source material and thus get an idea as to how powerful a Level 3 or Level 4 is, but aside from that you kind of have to guess based on what the character is said to be able to do. Callos provides some general criteria, but even that is just conjecture that doesn't exist in the canon sources.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-22 at 02:31 PM.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkturus View Post
    Looks like fun. Can I join?
    Hello my friend.

You will be inducted into RailitP as I was inducted into FFRP:

Via inane conversation and ridiculous antics.

Be nice to him, I showed him this site, and he was interested in RailitP.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

30. - Top - End - #360

Ah Terry. Lookout for Bleach....they're hungry.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!