New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydeble View Post
    here's a question that's been bothering me.

Seeing as Cale is a level four, how big is the chance that people he meets already know about him/his power.
    Not an expert here but I doubt everybody would know everybody in a city that big. Then again Jane wouldn't even know the level 5's. She's vaguely familiar with the concept but probably would need the basics explained to her.

Also I've written myself in a corner, I got no clue what to do with her.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ettin in the Playground

Many Espers have a strong reputation, but that's not to say that everyone knows their face; Even Level 5s aren't always recognised on sight. In canon, Misaka Mikoto often goes unidentified by those she meets, despite most of them knowing of her indirectly. Even Misaka herself didn't recognise the city's #1 ranked Esper until he gave himself away by using his distinctive abilities. Apparently the government of Academy City aren't the only ones who prefer to fixate on powers rather than people...

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Many Espers have a strong reputation, but that's not to say that everyone knows their face; Even Level 5s aren't always recognised on sight. In canon, Misaka Mikoto often goes unidentified by those she meets, despite most of them knowing of her indirectly. Even Misaka herself didn't recognise the city's #1 ranked Esper until he gave himself away by using his distinctive abilities. Apparently the government of Academy City aren't the only ones who prefer to fixate on powers rather than people...
    As Anyr says, even being one of the illustrious Level 5s doesn't guarantee recognition. A character with foresight might be able to familiarize himself with such people since I suspect that somewhere in Academy City is some sort of database that contains a photo of each of the Level 5s and what they can do (though such data may not exactly be public).

No problems with Kenta, then?

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    As Anyr says, even being one of the illustrious Level 5s doesn't guarantee recognition. A character with foresight might be able to familiarize himself with such people since I suspect that somewhere in Academy City is some sort of database that contains a photo of each of the Level 5s and what they can do (though such data may not exactly be public).

No problems with Kenta, then?
    There's a data-bank like that for EVERY ESPer, not just the Level 5's. There's just thousands upon thousands of people in it, thus making it nigh impossible to memorize large portions of the list, especially considering getting access to it requires being a member of Judgment, Anti-Skill, Academy City Administration, or...er...I forget the name of the last group.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

Does the organization-you-can't-remember happen to be a spoiler?

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    requires being a member of Judgment, Anti-Skill, Academy City Administration, or...er...I forget the name of the last group.
    MAR?

7. - Top - End - #1297

Say do we have like a map of the areas? I was thinking maybe I could set Jane up to spot Shelley or something. But I got no clue where Jane is, nor her house, nor Shelley for that matter. I don't know what is located where or how far away everything is from one another.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Say do we have like a map of the areas? I was thinking maybe I could set Jane up to spot Shelley or something. But I got no clue where Jane is, nor her house, nor Shelley for that matter. I don't know what is located where or how far away everything is from one another.
    An official map of the canon Academy City exists, but I'm not sure if this is the one we're using. I'm afraid that only Callos and Kasanip can confirm or deny this.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    An official map of the canon Academy City exists, but I'm not sure if this is the one we're using. I'm afraid that only Callos and Kasanip can confirm or deny this.
    Looks good to me. Or, in other words, I don't see a reason to not use it.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #1300

Okay! Then may I ask what the points are, where the female older students reside and where is the school? ^^" (Also: wow chaos in the districts order)

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Okay! Then may I ask what the points are, where the female older students reside and where is the school? ^^" (Also: wow chaos in the districts order)
    This wiki link to Academy City explains on the points on the map.

(Don't worry about Point E, "The Windowless Building", for the moment: it's something plot-critical to the canon stuff, and I doubt it'll come into play in this game.)

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Barbarian in the Playground

(Sorry if i'm interrupting here.)

I was planning to get into this, but kind of got into hassle trying to think of the statistics for levels on a new power. Basically, control over gravity (Which I hope we won't have to talk about scientifically for too long, as we really don't quite understand gravity.), which could be used to make objects lighter (or weightless), affect gravity in an area, change the direction of gravity etc. Thoughts? (I'm personally worried this is too much like Shades' power.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Mage View Post

I was planning to get into this, but kind of got into hassle trying to think of the statistics for levels on a new power. Basically, control over gravity (Which I hope we won't have to talk about scientifically for too long, as we really don't quite understand gravity.), which could be used to make objects lighter (or weightless), affect gravity in an area, change the direction of gravity etc. Thoughts? (I'm personally worried this is too much like Shades' power.)
    First off: Welcome to Academy City ITP!

As for powers: Hrm...Riccaru technically had a character that did this (manipulation of gravity), but I don't know if he's really playing anymore. You may wish to PM him about this.

14. - Top - End - #1304

Hm, okay. Unfortuantely, I didn't have any ideas beyond that, so...
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Well what you could do is thinking of what be more 'difficult' for a char with gravity powers. For example making things heavier sounds like an easy job. However making the gravity so that you can walk on walls (or the ceiling) sounds like a level 4 power. If anything you could make level 2 something like 'heavies own gravity so small objects will circle around him'.

16. - Top - End - #1306

Hrm. Okay. We'll see what Shades/Whoever wrote the levels guide thinks when they show up.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Troll in the Playground

Hrm. Okay. We'll see what Shades/Whoever wrote the levels guide thinks when they show up.
    Which "levels guide" are you talking about? Are you talking about the Levels page on the Academy City wiki, or Power Levels in general in To Aru Majutsu no Index?

Edit: if you're referring to the sample character provided on the Academy City wiki's Levels page, then you'll have to talk to Callos, who's been a bit busy recently.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-11-01 at 08:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Jason has a different kind of gravity manipulation as well that he'll be develpoing soon. (Being a level 0 at the moment.) But his gravity manipulation will be based upon the denstiy of the dark matter he will ultimately control.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Orc in the Playground

Alright guys. I'm posting to warn you guys that I am soon going back to school, so I won't post nearly as much as I used to. I'm not saying that I'll never post, or that I'm leaving this game, just that I'll post less. How much less is hard to tell, but it'll be less.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

So, when should this day end? It should be around sunset by how much has happened.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, when should this day end? It should be around sunset by how much has happened.
    After the robot battles end, I presume.

I think it just looks long because we are accounting for so many characters doing stuff, all the robot battles are happening at once for example
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ettin in the Playground

If anyone needs the next day to come sooner, they don't necessarily have to wait until all the previous one's scenes are resolved. It's perfectly feasible to have some characters playing out the next day while others are wrapping up plots in the one before. It's even possible for a character to be in two times at once, provided they're careful. So long as nothing in the 'past' contradicts the 'present' (or vice versa), then it should be fine.

By the way, it might be a good idea to make IC tomorrow a saturday. Weekday time constraints like school and work can be fun at times, but at the moment they seem to be doing more harm than good. Giving characters the chance to meet each other without having to worry about whether they attend the same school could help speed things up considerably.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Orc in the Playground

If anyone needs the next day to come sooner, they don't necessarily have to wait until all the previous one's scenes are resolved. It's perfectly feasible to have some characters playing out the next day while others are wrapping up plots in the one before. It's even possible for a character to be in two times at once, provided they're careful. So long as nothing in the 'past' contradicts the 'present' (or vice versa), then it should be fine.

By the way, it might be a good idea to make IC tomorrow a saturday. Weekday time constraints like school and work can be fun at times, but at the moment they seem to be doing more harm than good. Giving characters the chance to meet each other without having to worry about whether they attend the same school could help speed things up considerably.
    I was thinking that would happen at the precint, where everybody seems to be going thanks to these robot battles.

Of course, that's just me. *shrug*
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds like an excellent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    I was thinking that would happen at the precint, where everybody seems to be going thanks to these robot battles.

Of course, that's just me. *shrug*
    I was actually thinking that the Anti-Skill precincts for District 15 and Tokiwadai would be in different places, but now that I think about it it may be more conducive to interaction if Hajime and whichever Tokiwadai students are going with the Anti Skill end up at the same precinct...

What say you?

Also, I'd like to ask everyone a big favor:

Would you guys mind rating how the game's been going so far? This is the first time that I'm playing a plot-central villain, and I'd like to know if I'm doing anything wrong, causing the game to slow down, making things not fun, being too rail-roady, etc.

If you wish to do this, feel free to post them publicly here in the OOC thread or PM me your replies.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

I can't tell. I haven't had interaction with anything villiany yet. But it seems like you're doing a fine job. Also, I don't think I got an answer from that pm I sent you and Callos. I was wondering if I could get in on the villian plot, indirectly at the very least.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Troll in the Playground

I was wondering if I could get in on the villian plot, indirectly at the very least.
    Hrm , I don't recall getting said PM, but I'll try to figure out a way. Given Jason's relative position to Masaki, it ought to be fairly easy.

To speed things up, would you mind bumping Jason's training sessions with Masaki up? Like, say, to the game's Saturday (aka the next game day)?

27. - Top - End - #1317

Got two new ideas- Puppeteering (Remote control over other people's voluntary muscle movement.), and Electroform. (Able to coat parts of their body in an electrical current, or convert them into shapable electrical energy.) Well? Which one do you think fits best?

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Troll in the Playground

Got two new ideas- Puppeteering (Remote control over other people's voluntary muscle movement.), and Electroform. (Able to coat parts of their body in an electrical current, or convert them into shapable electrical energy.) Well? Which one do you think fits best?
    Hrm...you're not going to like the news, but...

1) There is already an Electrokinetic (Tsukiri Hisagi, played by Terry). Hisagi's power isn't exactly like the one you've proposed, but nonetheless, you may wish to talk to Terry if you want to play another electrokinetc.

2) Puppeteering is going to be difficult to implement, especially if it's explicitly control over human muscles. How is your character controlling other peoples' muscles? Will it be through electric stimulation? Will it be through messing with neurotransmitters?

I apologize if this is getting stifling, but at this point in the game it's going to get harder and harder to make powers; Index/railgun psychic powers are relatively limited in scope compared to, say, magic, and people have already called dibs on a large number of powers.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Titan in the Playground

Hey 13, what did you think about my plot idea I sent you via pm?

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

Hey 13, what did you think about my plot idea I sent you via pm?
    Huh, I thought I responded to you, but it appears that I didn't. Sorry for the delay in replying (and posting ), it's been bit of a stressful week.

I'm trying to brainstorm ways to incorporate your plot idea into the game at the moment. Expect to see the results soon.