New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,489 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Just to check, are you actually intending for Avery to be Level 0 at this point? As was mentioned before, practically all Espers are created in Academy City through a special training program; New arrivals are just ordinary humans until they've been through it. There are a few extremely rare exceptions to this rule (known as Gemstones), but we're trying to limit their numbers as much as possible. In other words, Avery will probably need to be an established citizen if you want her to have powers.

Of course, it's perfectly fine for you to make Avery a newly arrived Level 0, if that's what you want. I just wanted to make sure that you knew all the facts.

Yeah, I missed out on some details. My fault.
    A well-placed bullet can stop anybody with an oversized sword.
    In real life that is.
    Everywhere else, you're screwed.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground

Rest assured that you're not alone in missing it. For some reason this aspect of the setting is a sort of blind spot for new players. No matter how much we try to draw attention to it or warn people in advance, it always seems to slip under the radar and escape notice.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

Don't worry Hanzo, I'm doing the exact thing with Jason having him start as a level 0.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Don't worry Hanzo, I'm doing the exact thing with Jason having him start as a level 0.
    Yes, it just goes to show that there's as much good RP to be had from the beginning of the Curriculum as from the end. Speaking of which, how are Jason and his mother doing at the moment? It's been a while since they've been in the spotlight.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Yes, it just goes to show that there's as much good RP to be had from the beginning of the Curriculum as from the end. Speaking of which, how are Jason and his mother doing at the moment? It's been a while since they've been in the spotlight.
    Well, Jason is in the arcade while his mother is speaking with the teacher that 13's character. I don't mind waiting for him, but if it needs to move on, 13 has given me permission to god mode his character.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Well, Jason is in the arcade while his mother is speaking with the teacher that 13's character. I don't mind waiting for him, but if it needs to move on, 13 has given me permission to god mode his character.
    If you're having trouble writing Masaki's part of the conversation, there's always the option of skipping past it. The action could simply resume with Jason's mother leaving the room, her business completed.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks for at the least being pretty forgiving/welcoming. I think I have an idea of a backstory for my character that'd fit the details of the setting. I'll do my post probably quite a bit later...
    A well-placed bullet can stop anybody with an oversized sword.
    In real life that is.
    Everywhere else, you're screwed.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

You know, were on the 50th page. Are we going to start the next OOC thread?

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep. Once I think of a name for it anyway.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Yep. Once I think of a name for it anyway.
    [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Halfling in the Playground

yes.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ettin in the Playground

New OOC Thread! There ya go. EDIT: Fix'd.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2011-01-08 at 12:26 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Firbolg in the Playground

So... anyway

months ago I said I wanted to join the game, but it turned out that I was busy with my final semester and I can't get the time to properly join this game.

Now I finished my semester, and thinking about joining the game again, but oh my, it got bajillion of pages! What is currently going on? Who are here now? How can I fit in?

Um... yeah. That's what currently in my mind. Sigh. Are there any summary or sort? How do I join this again? I mean, can my character just suddenly pop in the world or something.... That sort of things...
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    So... anyway

months ago I said I wanted to join the game, but it turned out that I was busy with my final semester and I can't get the time to properly join this game.

Now I finished my semester, and thinking about joining the game again, but oh my, it got bajillion of pages! What is currently going on? Who are here now? How can I fit in?

Um... yeah. That's what currently in my mind. Sigh. Are there any summary or sort? How do I join this again? I mean, can my character just suddenly pop in the world or something.... That sort of things...
    Welcome (again). To answer your questions: No, there's no real summary of the story so far other than actually reading through the thread...but that doesn't really matter; It's easy enough to get into it without knowing every detail about what's come before. As far as joining goes, the first step is simply to post your character draft in this thread. People will then look it over and offer any comments, criticisms and suggestions that come to them. Once that's done then you can start playing whenever you like.

Oh, and if you need your memory jogging about the setting or rules, the wiki is an excellent place to start. It has a lot of really useful information, including example character sheets, faction lists and a guide to creating new powers.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ettin in the Playground

That, and we've moved to a new OOC (which is linked to in my last post, I just mis-labeled it.) Welcome back!

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

I hope you guys are still taking in characters. You can call him Marc or Marcy for ease of typing. He doesn't mind.
    Name : Marcielle Miavette
    Alliases : Marc, Marcy, Fafnir (self given)
    Level : 3 ( bumped down a level because of poor control)
    Affliations : current - Tokigawa corporation (benefactors)
    ex - unnamed enviromental organization. See 'Blackout' incident

Description

Appearence: Slightly on the short side. He's the average height for an eastern teenage girl of equivalent age. His blonde hair is a bit of a curiosity as it is completely straight but naturally curls up at the ends. His normally blue eyes sometimes darken even when not using his powers. He has a carefree and content look about him most of the time, eyes wide open in wonder of the world. He looks slightly younger than he is because of his height and child-like face and is sometimes mistaken for a grade schooler.

Personality: Dichotomous. Usuallly, he either hates or loves something with very little in between. He is outgoing and friendly to the point of seeming like the child he resembles. He always tries to like everyone he meets so he comes off as a bit naive at first. However, a sharp, and chaotic, intellect lies just beneath the surface.
    He likes having fun most of all and will try to tag along with anything that looks fun. He likes clowning around and will jump into anything headlong and smiling.
    When he gets down to business his demeanor changes somewhat. He maintains the smile but it looks unsettling for no particular reason. He stands back, analyzes and goes all out. He has been trained to achieve objectives as efficiently as possible by his 'benefactors'.

Abilities

Esper ability: Entropic Engine
    The absorbtion(nullification?) of energy
    Marc seems to have the ability to remove energy from a space/object. He calls this 'eating' it. It is currently unknown if he is merely transporting the energy to another place of if he is truly 'destroying' energy. The later is less likely but no methods have been able to track what happens to the energy 'eaten' by Marc. There is no limit to the amount of energy absorbed but there is on the rate at which he can absorb it putting a serious limiter on his abilities near endless uses. Also, the more 'physical' an energy is, the harder it is to absorb. Light takes little effort but slowing things down by 'eating' kinetic energy takes a lot of concentration and energy. His powers affect an area, not a specific target. It usually focuses as a cone from his right eye, which darkens to black whenever he uses his power. He can affect things in a sphere but this means he would also be caught in it. It can affect anything upto a football fields distance away but takes more concentration the greater the area of influence.

Specific energy interactions:
    Nuclear - Because radioactive reactions have to be carefully balllanced, Marc is capable of completely nullifying conventional nuclear energy sources. Blackout refers to when he joined a fanatic enviromental group thinking it was a parade and helped them to shut down a nuclear power plant.
    Gravity - gravity has an endless and overwhelming source. He can 'eat' it to the point something weighs a lot less but can never cancel it. Note that mass and inertia still apply normally even when gravity is at minimum
    Chemical energy - He can drain living things of their energy, thus making them very tired and hungry. Hard and tiring to the point he usually ends up as exhausted as his target.
    Electrostatic energy - His most dangerous ability. He 'eats' the energy holding matter together thereby disentegrating it. This is the ultimate on the physical-energy scale and as such he is hard pressed to disentegrate so much as 5 pounds of matter before having to stop.

Mental traits
    Wired for action - On top of regular training, benefactors arrange special sessions weekly.
    Chaotic - Just plain silly.
    Normal? - Despite being wierd as heck and having an unconventional upbringing, Marc registers no major psychological instabilities.

Tidbits
    LOVES magic. His attitude is towards it is basically 'magic is meant to create happiness'. Likes to think that his missing parents were actually wizards but there is no evidence suporting this.
    Parents dissappeared when he was about 4. Ran on inheritance till his power training started and then immeadiately drew the attention of the 'benefactors' due to it's unique nature.
    The only one he has actually seen is Minomaru, a stern old man who doesn't really like children in general but drew the short straw and ended up being the one who had to interact with Marc.
    Randomly speaks German(poorly) despite having no German ancestry. In fact, Marc has never even seen a German.
    'Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!' - Johnson, Cave.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey guys im hoping that new characters are still welcome.

I'm new to the cite i actually just found it through websurfing (induced by extreme boredom) I had actually seen both index and railgun prior to seeing this so it got me interested.

I would like to know for sure if new characters are still welcome before elaborating but i do have a character in mind.

Name: Carver Abrern

American who traveled by choice to academy city to improve natural esper abilities

Ability: (unsure of exact technical terms) False visual and audial perceptions via visual pathway

EyeCharmer

Effects: induces false visual and audial perceptions within target effectively allowing user to create a believeable "illusion" for the target

Requirements: direct visual eye contact with target within 20 yards, and can only affect up to three subjects at a time

Ability level: 3

Before elaborating on the character i would like some feedback and constructive critiscism to see where exactly where i want to go with this and to see if it's even acceptable, i think it's pretty balanced considering to avoid being caught in his ability all you have to do is wear sunglasses

thanks for reading

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Halfling in the Playground

Can I be Bear-platypus-narwhal-squid, or a dragon?
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

This thread reached 50 pages (the point at which a new must be created) last year and the Out Of Character discussions of RailgunITP is now taken care of in the second OOC thread linked to here. Questions about the setting will be answered there.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.