New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Ooze: The Quest for Sentience (IC)

As Cranberry look out into the room, he can see that the Mesh-like grate is very well secured. Possibly there is even a magical forcefield of some kind keeping the contents from spilling out.

But from this vantage point he can see the broken grate on the other side of the room, with a little bit of ooze dripping out of it, whatever is keeping the liquid here doesn't seem to work over there. Judging the distance they'd need to circle the room via all the various pipes till they found the right one.

As he turns away his eyes catch a glint of something bellow the Owl.

The vial with the compound.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cranberry "calls" out to the other oozes "Owl have... We go get.". It starts crawling further down the pipe, searching for the path to the grate.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((That is assuming there's only one way to go from this point, if there's more than one way to go besides the way I came in, Cranberry goes to the leftmost.))
    Game systems I play: DnD 3.5, Pathfinder, Star Wars Saga, Vampire: The Masquerade, Dungeons: The Dragoning, AFBME, Atomic Highway, Dark Heresy, Legend of the 5 Rings 4E, MAID and... EQRPG... Does anyone actually play that?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Owl? Owl! O' cowardly owl, o' cowardly owl, o' how do you taste like chicken. I'm coming my tasty chicken." I turn off my Halo of Fire and dash up the bookcase into the pipe. After I see owl in the room I go back taking the first right that will take me throughout the house looking for that broken grate.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Chooses a random pipe that hasn't already picked and travles through it, also searching for the broken exit.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

with a shrug of her inexistant shoulders Mauve will just take yet another pipe in the quest to solve the great maze thjat may lead to the broken grate.
    If there's no uneplored pipe left then she'll follow another ooze.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Single Only Pipe That Anyone Can Go Through!

As you all travel together as a group you come to a strange happening in the pipe. About twenty meters away a very large crack lets the light through from the bottom. One might wonder what is bellow within this light?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

And one will go have a look. Orange moves as close to the edge as possible and try to "see" what is bellow.

"Danger brothers, danger, wait to see what I see."
    Last edited by Mangles; 2010-09-15 at 06:02 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Mauve

Quote Originally Posted by Mangles View Post

"Danger brothers."
    "And sisters" corrects Mauve, proving that from the mighty dragon to the humble ooze, all bards instinctively know the value of a running gag.
    "What's below ?"
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

The light which shines up is not of unnatural origin as the great leaping flame which resides in the hearth. For here is the light of life itself illuminating the world from which it has been born; for this is a fungal abode. One might wonder what kinship an Ooze has to the mighty fungus which you may see in this garden of life. But this is not your goal, but perhaps this might have the same compound, or be where the compound was from. That is should the Owl no longer have it, or an accident take place…