New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 39 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] ISF HQ

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default [Nexus] ISF HQ

A long-standing feature of the city of Inside, the headquarters of the Imperial Security Forces is somewhat less important than it once was, no longer acting as the main headquarters of the Empire as a whole, but instead simply as what amounts to Inside's police HQ.

But given the chaotic nature of the city?

To call it unimportant with an ISF trooper within earshot is almost certainly dangerous, at least in the sense that the subsequent rant you'd get aimed at you would give you a headache, and it's entirely possible that you'd get smacked, as well.

The compound is surrounded by electric fencing, arranged so that there are four gates into the compound in the middle of each fencing segment.

Areas of note include:

The Armory
    Spoiler
    Show
    The HQ contains a large and expansive armory, but the selection of weapons has become much smaller as of late thanks to K-Corp's sudden destruction, limiting what is readily available to ISF troopers. The list of available equipment is here, most of it under Imperial Security Forces, and some under Equipment, Vehicles, and Sources, though some of the weapons are limited in availability. The main available weapons and armor from that list include:

-Pulse SMG
    -Pulse Scattergun
    -Laser Pistol
    -Perforator Heavy Pistol
    -FBI-9 Assault Rifle sans grenade launcher attachment
    -EvR-1 Variable Blaster Rifle (sans attachments)
    -EvP-1 Variable Blaster Pistol
    -EvM-1 Infernal Edge (in combat knife form)
    -Supercharger knife
    -Stun baton
    -Riot shield
    -Flashbang, smoke, and stun/tear gas grenades
    -EvA-1 Scout Armor
    -Old ISF Trooper Armor
    -Riot Suppression Armor

There is a limited supply of some other weapons. These will require a special requisition order to obtain thanks to the Imperial Army's needs in the wake of K-Corp's destruction. This means that officers will have to contact higher-ups before being able to use these weapons.

In addition, some may not be available readily due to being more meant for the Imperial Army's use.

These include:

-Pulse Carbine
    -Beam Sniper Rifle
    -Variable Energy Cannon
    -EvAT-1 Precision Laser Cannon
    -EvR-1 Attachments (Scope, Laser sight, grenade launcher)
    -Inferno Heavy Blaster
    -FBI-9 Assault Rifle Grenade Launcher Attachment
    -Stealth Detection Visors
    -Incendiary, fragmentation, and electro-grenades

Finally, some gear is reserved for individual PCs.

-Aether's Armor
    -Aether's Assault Rifle w/Under-Barrel Shotgun
    -Aether's .50 Pistol x2
    -Aether's Grenades

Vehicle Garage
    Spoiler
    Show
    The HQ supports a large garage for the storage, maintenance, and deployment of vehicles, which was originally used for hovertanks in the base's earlier days. The ISF's vehicle access has not been hampered by the Imperial Army, the land vehicles available detailed under Imperial Security Forces here. These include:

-Warp Landspeeder
    -Riot APC

Helipads
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are several helipads in the fenced-off area outside the HQ itself but within the fencing. These are used by ISF helicopters and other VTOL vehicles, also detailed under Imperial Security Forces here. These include:

-Transport Helicopters (unarmed)
    -Deliverance Transport

Holoprojector Rooms
    Spoiler
    Show
    Otherwise empty rooms with large holoprojectors placed in them, these are used to set up 'face-to-face' meetings with higher-ups.

Sublevel
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ISF HQ Sublevel is the underground level of the base, once destroyed, but now restored. The sublevel is not used for much, other than storage and housing the HQ's shield generator.

Recruitment Office
    Spoiler
    Show
    The base's own recruitment office, where you go to sign up for the ISF. There are two main recruitment options:

Police-style: Some ISF troopers are not full-time 'military', their enlistment more like civilian police than soldiers. Police-style ISF troopers are rarely promoted beyond officer-level, meaning they generally act as addon squad leaders or fireteam leaders in ISF squads.

Military-style: These ISF troopers are generally much more dedicated than police-style ISF troopers, signing on similarly to an Imperial Army soldier. These are much more often promoted to division commander and higher ranks, and may elect to stay in the barracks rather than their own homes, similar to how a military deployment works. It essentially boils down to treating the city of Inside as a war zone thanks to the chaotic nature of the Nexus. Military-style enlistment also means that you may be transferred to the Imperial Army in wartime.

Naturally, there is some stigma in the ISF from troopers under the military-style option toward the police-styles, but regulations dictate that discrimination against police-style ISF troopers is forbidden.

Barracks
    Spoiler
    Show
    The barracks are just that, housing full-time military-style ISF troopers. Pretty simple.

Firing Range
    Spoiler
    Show
    The base has a simple firing range where ISF troopers practice their shooting.

Infirmary
    Spoiler
    Show
    The base's infirmary is large and well-equipped for dealing with combat injuries. It's rather lacking in any magical healing, though, and isn't suited for, say, surgery to remove a tumor. An actual hospital is much more ideal for most things.

OOC Notes
    Spoiler
    Show
    The purpose of this thread is to provide a more clear-cut location for enlistment in the ISF, along with providing an actual place to play ISF characters when they're not strictly 'needed'.

In addition, if someone actually wants something like that (not playing unless needed/only playing in this thread [and Inside, of course], or is trying particularly hard to get to be one of the higher-ups), this is part of why I included the multiple recruitment options. Plus I felt like including a bit of fluff, and it's a way for players to not have their characters be here at all times.

Also, I am aware that some of the lists, mostly for vehicles, are rather lacking in...well, things to be listed. This may or may not change in the future.

Changes may be made to this thread at any time. After all, this is experimental, and at the time of the original posting, DC was getting rather sleepy. Example: the fact that there was no infirmary in the original OP.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2010-11-21 at 09:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] ISF HQ

A tall, blonde, female figure, looking slightly like a Valkyrie of old, approaches the ISF HQ...

...oh wait, it's just Eileen.

And she's heading for the Recruitment Office.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Eileen will be allowed in after a quick explanation of her intentions, which I assume is simple and bland enough not to warrant playing it all out.

At the recruitment office, Eileen will be presented with...oh dear.

Paperwork.

There are two forms, though only one needs to be filled out-one for each of the two recruitment options. Other than the parts already described in the OP, the more notable parts of it asking to detail any supernatural abilities and any prior training or experience. Otherwise it's pretty average.

And yes, Eileen will be provided with a pen.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Her intentions are indeed quite simple: to take over the world join up to the police.

And so Eileen makes good use of her pen, filling out the application forms. Declaring her supernatural abilities as 'divine magic', 'ninja skills', and 'Drunken Mastery'; and prior experience as 'Knight Hospitaler' and 'hotel owner'.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jay, with a similar purpose to Eileen will show up here.

Hello?

His signing up to the militaristic police can possibly be timeskipped?
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Iames appears in the base unannounced and begins poking around.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Signups occur. Bill should inform me of which one he meant, as using both of those terms at once is a bit confusing!

Iames gets to poke around. Woohoo.

And someone should be getting dispatched to investigate this right about now. Wonder who? Preferably one of the PC officers who decides to be the 'lucky' one first. (meaning: Godmod approved if you want to be the one. <.<)
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

It was only a similar intent, DC. Obviously I meant military, and I clearly didn't misunderstand BR's post at all.

<.<

Yeah. Military.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Iames wanders over to the recruitment desk and looks for somebody who appears to be in charge. "Is there anyone around here I can talk to?"
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2010-08-19 at 01:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Well, of course there's someone there to handle recruitment. Of course, the recruitment officer there has a question of his. "Aren't you that Army officer who went up against that giant...uh..." He doesn't seem to know what exactly it was. "Thing, a while back?" Like that's really saying anything around here. "Anyway, what I'm trying to say is...what's someone like you doing around here?"

Ah yes, confusion at the IA-ISF divide.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Eileen, having finished her paperwork, looks to the recruitment officer, waiting her turn behind Iames to ask for an assignment.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2010-08-19 at 06:26 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

"Yes, that was me. I'm retired now, and I heard this place was looking for recruits and so forth. Now, I'm not really interested in joining myself, but I notice you don't seem to have an infirmary, and I thought I'd recommend my temple here in the city. My high priest is a talented healer, not to mention a powerful seer, both skillsets I know from experience you'll have a lot of use for."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, right. There should be an infirmary.

DC reiterates that he was half asleep when he finished this thread's OP.

So he handwaves it into Iames offering it anyway, but basically just removing the 'lack of infirmary' thing.

"I'll pass that along. It'll certainly be better than our infirmary."

And Eileen should go somewhere else. The recruitment officer is not the dispatcher guy.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

And so Eileen, once she realises that, heads to find the dispatcher's office!

Humming to herself on the way there.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Iames nods cheerfully. "I could set up a portal leading straight there from here, if you'd like."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parade Field]

Eileen may come across a scene with a uniformed woman standing in front of a couple dozen recruits. Well, hardly recruits. Each one has obviously been in the military for a while. The slightly jaded look in their eyes, their complete attention and respect turned towards the woman in front of them, and the fact that none of them are unarmed.

A few forklifts begin to set down several large crates.

"Alright! Listen up!"
    Commander Vasquez says. "Any of you wimps want to back away now, do it. I won't accept any excuses later on. You know your purpose here." She turns her gaze towards the recruits.

None of them even blink or suggest that they think of leaving. She smirks at the sight. "None? Good! You're all here because you've survived against things that mortals like us shouldn't have. Gods, Monsters, Supersoldiers and the like. We've seen single people destroy armies, yet none of us flinched as they came barreling down on us."

Vasquez paces in front of them. "Now, I don't give a damn about what your rank was before, here, in this unit, we have none.. Except mine. You will listen to me, and only me, GOT IT?" She yells before giving a curt nod. Then she smiles. "Welcome to The Mortal Coil, ladies and gentlemen."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

[Parade Field]

Eileen does indeed come across said parade field, and pauses, watching with curious interest, and leaning against the doorway of the exit to the field, brushing her long, blonde hair back.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

[Recruitment Office]

"They'll want to be able to shut it off and turn it on from our end, I imagine, but I'll pass it on." He's just the recruitment guy, he's not the one with all the authority.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parade Field]

Vasquez raises an eyebrow at the watcher as well as her troops. "Any questions?" she asks in general. "Don't be shy, questions are good."

After a moment, a brute of a man steps forward a bit timidly. "Excuse me sir, but...what's in the boxes?" he says, gesturing behind her. She smirks. "Those, my dear troops, are the boxes containing your new equipment." The soldiers begin to grin as she walks up to one of the many metal crates and smacks a button.

With a hiss, the crate unfolds, showing racks of...wooden stakes, crossbows, and bolts with Latin words etched into them? "This is just the box containing the kit for vamps and Rakshasha ." She says as she turns back around. "You'll be required to train extensively with each and every thing in these crates, as well as to carry the majority of it." There's a bit of a groan when the troops realize just how many crates there are, but she just laughs. "Oh, don't worry, that's what these are for." She says before opening another crate, this one more of a shipping container.

The side raises and lights flicker on, revealing black suits of light powerarmor, unmarked and unblemished. "Meet your new best friend. Get to know her well, and today, you're going to get them fitted. Now, go put them on."

As the troops do so in glee, Vasquez turns and gives Eileen a questioning look.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

[Parade Field]

Eileen has been watching with interest - and a slight sense of unease, seeing as these folk seem to be preparing to do much the same work as her one-time employers...

Noticing Vasquez's look, she nods in greeting. "'Evening," she says politely. "Some pretty fancy kit you've got, there."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

[Recruitment Office]

"That makes sense," Iames agrees, and a portal appears on one wall, with a button labeled "PORTAL ON/OFF" right next to it. "There. I've left it in the off position right now."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parade Field]

Vasquez smirks. "You haven't seen half the **** we have." Yep, she's rather vulgar. "Which we need if we're going to do our job." she says as she turns around to watch the troopers.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

[Recruitment Office]

"I think that would go in the infirmary, not the recruitment office, sir."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

"That also makes sense." Suddenly, that is where the portal is. In the infirmary. Not recruitment. Because that would be silly.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

[Parade Field]

"So it would seem," the tall, blonde, rather Nordic-looking woman agrees with a nod, before offering a hand to shake. "Eileen Thorsson," she introduces herself. "Just signed up for the police force."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parade Field]

"Commander Vasquez."
    Replies the hard woman. She may be recognizable as being Ex-Commander Edijar's second in command, but...times have changed. She still had the bullet scar her gut to prove it.

She smirks a bit. "Congrats. I tried it once. My commander shot me."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

[Parade Field]

"A pleasure to meet you." Eileen, for better or for worse, isn't familiar with General Edijar, or his former officers. Vasquez's comment, however, draws a set of raised eyebrows from the divine warrior. "Oh, he did? I suppose you were on different sides during the...late unpleasantness, then. My condolences."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parade Field]

Vasquez growls. "Yes...we were. Damned bastard didn't have it in him to kill me." she says in obvious distaste before sighing. "On the other hand, if he had..." she tells Eileen, her voice gentler. "Then I wouldn't have been able to form this little team."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

[Parade Field]

Eileen decides not to comment that she approves of 'not having the heart to kill her', and merely nods. "I see. Well, I suppose that it's a good thing he didn't kill you, in that case." She then pauses. "...may I ask, what your mission statement precisely is?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

"Our mission is to defend the civilian population from threats of a nature that are beyond normal." She gestures at the troops as they get their gear ready. "Vampires, werewolves, ghouls, godlings, angels, and demons. Hell, even Exalts if it is called for. We will be able to kill them all." She's not bragging, and sounds completely serious. "Anything that is at a level above the average Mortal, we will take care of."