New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] ISF HQ

1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] ISF HQ

"And since you have to activate your spe-Charm for each bullet or shell, that means it'd have been the same effect if we simply used real sub machine guns, correct?" Vasquez asks, running calculations in her head.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

"As it applies now, yes.

There's also another weakness... two, actually."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasquez finishes running the calculations in her head, and nearly smiles. She doesn't show much other than vague amusement and caution however. "And they would be?"

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

"Firstly, under normal circumstances, we can't activate two Charms at once, unless we've specifically trained to do so. The second...

Every perfect defence carries what is called a Flaw of Invulnerability. That is, there's a circumstance under which the user may not activate it. For most perfect defenses, there are four Flaws, of which one of which will apply. The Flaw of Temperance means the Exalted has to remain rooted to the spot for a certain amount of time after using the defence, the Flaw of Valor means he or she has to move into the battle and not shy away from it, the Flaw of Conviction means he can't use it if he's acting against his goals, and the Flaw of Compassion means the defense can only be used in the presence of something or someone he or she cares about."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

"And does this apply to those of a darker nature such as your Abyssals and Infernals?"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Um. How do they know about Infernals? Given none of them have actually turned up yet.}}

Rose nods. "Um. Yes, they do, but... different."

She sighs. "The Abyssal Flaws are as follows: The Flaw of Compassion prevents activation when the Deathknight can percieve someone he cares about or who he thinks cares about him. The Flaw of Conviction prevents activation if he's acting counter to his goals, or helping somone he feels... negatively towards. The Flaw of Temperance requires the Abyssal to attack his attacker with as deadly a blow as he can. The Flaw of Valor requires the Abyssal to move away from his opponent."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

((As far as I know, the Exalted Castes(or whatever you wish to call them) have never really been secret knowledge. ))

Edijar nods, putting away the information for later. "Anything else that may help us finish them off quickly should the need arise?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Most, no. Infernals, however, are.}}

"Hit hard and fast, and don't give much of an opportunity for them to formulate a strategy. Having supernatural aid of your own helps."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

((Then I guess he doesn't say that one? Eh, oh well.))

"We already know that. Though, tell me, what would happen if you removed one's ability to access their Essence completely?"

((Deadtime))
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2010-11-03 at 12:52 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

"To do that, you'd have to get them to drain their Essence and put them in a place they couldn't respire Essence. As for what would happen? They couldn't use any more Charms until they recovered Essence."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Anatolij speaks up. He's a wiry man with a thin moustache and short hair-except for the front, where it's long. He's wearing his power armor during the training, but has the helmet off. The power armor itself is considerably lighter than the ones used by most other Mortal Coil members. He's armed with a high-tech sabre of some sort and a handgun.
    Is there any way to drain an Exalt off this "essence" without attacking? It would make it a lot easier. Maybe manuevering him into spending it on trivialities...
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasquez nods at the question. "And is there a way to prevent them from using Charms in the first place?"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Rose shakes her head. "No. There is not. And as for how to get them to burn Essence without attacking... any way's dangerous, to be honest. You'd have to get them to use Charms, and unless they're idiots, they're probably going to realise something's up."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

So, let's sum it up: the Exalted should be attacked with multiple weaker attacks rather than a single overwhelming one and are never to be underestimated. Their Charms aren't conventional magic so anti-magic techniques aren't guaranteed to work against them. Am I missing anything?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

"Correct."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

"An anti-magic circle should seal them off from getting new Essence at least. Right?"

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not sure, wouldn't count on it myself. If you're dealing with a Solar or a Lunar- which can happen, the Exaltation judges potential and not morality- try to get them in a shadowland. If an Abyssal, stop them drinking any blood.

...in any case, the rate of Essence respiration is pretty slow under most circumstances."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

This catches Vasquez's attention. She looks...ponderous. "Would you be willing to subject yourself to such a thing at some point in the future? You have my word that we would not injure you. Aside from being told how it works, we need to know it works."

Too much at any rate.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Rose nods. "All right. It takes time to respire Essence, though."

{{To be honest, I'd play it as not myself.}}

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parade Ground]

"How much time do you think you'll need to recover?"
    Vasquez asks as many of the Mortal Coil members run off to do other things.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

"A good night's rest would do. But if we're testing whether I can respire Essence in an anti-magic circle? Might as well do it now."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

"Taul?" Vasquez asks an armored figure next to her.

"Yes?"

"Go ahead. And tell Arla to make sure she's away from here."
    The figure nods and takes off his helmet, showing a pale elf with black hair. Another one of the figures hurries off. Presumably Arla before Vasquez looks back at Rose. "Any second thoughts?"

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nope. I should be able to tell very quickly if it's working or not."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parade Ground]

"You heard her. Go ahead Taul."
    Vasquez says with a slightly evil smirk. Taul doesn't smile, but instead walks into the center of the field. Whatever he's saying is inaudible this far, but a chill wind cuts through the place, through people's clothing and armor, likely causing them to shiver involuntarily.

Rose will see the grass crackle and wilt around the Cleric of Hel as he activates his Corruption Spell in the area. The wave of decay hits the buildings and people nearby. Causing the metal to turn rusted and people pale. The daylight seems to turn hazy like those annoying orangish street lights. Rose will hear the screams of the souls in Hel and feel her unearthly gaze settle upon her for a moment before turning to other more important matters.

Vasquez and the other Mortal Coil members nearby seem fairly unaffected by this.
    ((Before you say anything, it's not a real attack on her. ))

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Rose looks around... "This would probably... just let an Abyssal respire Essence normally. But yes, it's stopping me respiring Essence."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parade Ground]

Taul walks back slowly, almost flowing through the air as his footsteps leave the ground charred in his wake. He's paler now, his skin almost translucent, letting his veins show on his face as a couple fangs poke out. He looks like he's stalking towards Rose.

Vasquez makes a quick gesture and a massive man in power armor steps behind the cleric and brings a double fist down on the back of his head, knocking Taul out. The big man, Sue, tosses him over a shoulder and takes him away.

Probably for the best.

"Would a holy equivalent of this spell work against an Abyssal?"
    The commander asks. It doesn't look like the spell is going to fade away any time soon.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

"Possibly. On the other hand, they already need to suck blood to respire Essence outside of a shadowland."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-11-07 at 06:47 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

"Would it damage them at all?" Vasquez asks, eyebrow raised. "As I understand it, they are unholy beings, and as such, should be hurt by anything holy or "positive" as some people put it."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

"They'll feel uncomfortable, but it needs to supplement an attack."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

"So...any attack I use against you now, would hurt you more since this area, and all things in it, are now corrupted and Unholy?" Vasquez asks carefully, intrigued.