New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

PirateGuy

Default Re: Prison Break: Fantasy [Tome] Style.

Alright, Totarika, you make it to the end of the hallway and spy one guard staring at you. His eyes are a mixture of fear and curiosity--either he couldn't move through shock, or he's interested in you.

You have a standard action left--what would you like to do?

Sil, the edge of the sleet storm is right where the hallway begins (picture below). As you exit the sleet storm, you find yourself face-to-face with 2 guards, who look absolutely petrified. They'd run away, but you still have a standard action left.

Here's a nifty map:

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

Suppressing his rage momentarily, Totarika lashes out at the guard's legs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trip attack: (1d20+8)[26]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Grinning, Sil immediately swipes at the nearest guard, his actions still partially obscured by darkness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack : (d20+10)[9](19)
    Damage : (d6+7)[10]
    Slow: (d20+3)[16] versus Will or be Slowed.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

PirateGuy

Jess, under normal conditions, you'd make a touch attack with a StrMod + BAB check v. a DC of (10 + StrMod + BAB or Balance ranks). In accordance with that, there are times when you might also get an AoO. So you should roll those three next time. However, I'm gonna say you trip him and he just falls.

Round 3

In the midst of the raging snowstorm, guards begin to flee left and right. Totarika, swinging his chain with malicious precision, lands two solid hits on (most likely) two different guards. Then he begins to tromp towards what he remembers to be an exit from the room. Luckily, the hob's memory is correct. When he makes it to the doorway, he finds a guard and--suppressing his rage momentarily--shoots his chain out to trip and leave the guard prone.

As this happens, Sil stalks across the room--his attunement to the shadow energies in the room help him to effortlessly make it through the storm and into a hallway leading out of the combat area. Upon stepping out, the shadow warrior's eyes lock on two guards who foolishly stayed near the room. Before either of them can react, Sil steps forward and slashes one of the guard's arms, leaving a gaping wound in his chest. He gasps and he goes down--alive, but barely.

Finally, Fazan begins to speak in an unrecognizable voice barely audible over the sound of the storm. As he does, unbenknownst to everyone else, the stone that he stands on (and much of that around him) begins to rise. He holds his hands over his head, and soon touches the ceiling. The guards, Sil, and Totarika, hear the earth groan and shift a little, but it doesn't cause any affect otherwise.

The guard on the ground in front of Totarika squeals as he goes down. He stands up (Totarika, make an AoO) and begins to run (If Totarika takes him out, the guy will just drop). The one remaining guard facing Sil takes a deep breath and steps in to attack.

(1d20+2)[16]
    Damage (If it hits): (1d8+1)[5]

EDIT: Mmmm... nuthin'. Alright, go ahead and take your turns again (I really want to find out what the hell Fazan is up to).
    Last edited by Aran Banks; 2010-08-23 at 12:32 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

What is the ceiling made of?

6. - Top - End - #36

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO to hit: (1d20+8)[24]
    Damage: (2d4+7)[9]

As the guard rises from the ground, Totarika instinctively whips him with the chain, dropping him back down to the ground in a bloody heap. Quickly following up, Totarika makes a brisk shuffle towards the body, leaving the unseasonable snowstorm, then begins to poke through the guard's clothes with the bladed end of his chain, looking for keys or pass chits. As he does so he stomps to remove the pills of ice and last clinging remnants of earth on his robes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Making a five foot step towards the guard. I begin searching the guard. If he is alive, I will question him in Gobbo. Oh, and I assume the entangle is no longer in effect?
    Last edited by JessGulbranson; 2010-08-23 at 10:30 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

PirateGuy

Jess, the guard is spitting blood and barely aware of you (negative HP). You won't get to question him unless you heal him.

He's got 3 cp on him, a crappy longsword, and dagger.

@Malakar: The ceiling is packed dirt, let's say. I really don't care. You planning on using control earth? Go ahead.
    Last edited by Aran Banks; 2010-08-24 at 03:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Was actually hoping for wood to break, but oh well.

Fazan will lower earth on a 5ft section of ceiling to his right.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What's with that roll? I thought that I was supposed to roll AC and related junk. In case I am, (d20+7)[20]. Additionally, I've still got the concealment for that magical darkness. I'll roll a d5, with any result other than 5 resulting in a hit. Does that seem fair? (d5)[4]

Sil immediately replies to the guard's attack with two swipes of his own.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+10)[23]
    (d6+7)[11]
    (d20+10)[25]
    (d6+7)[8]

If he's hit, attack at (d20+3)[12] against Will. On failure, the guard is slowed for 5 rounds.

10. - Top - End - #40

Totarika bellows down the hall in his coarse native tongue,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Get the keys down here, they chained Maraka up with his own manacles! And bring reinforcements!
    , swirling his chain in anticipation.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Banned

PirateGuy

aethernox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yup, totally blanked on that. You dodge that with an AC of 20.

Round 4
    Totarika, after looting the body, yells down the hallway in Goblin, "Get the keys down here, they chained Maraka up with his own manacles! And bring reinforcements!" and prepares himself for guards to come down the hallway.

At this time, Totarika is deftly dodging the last guard standing. After sidestepping a strike, he smiles and digs his claws into the guard's abdomen before throwing the man down.

For storytelling purposes, the sleet storm begins to die down.

As the vicious snow begins to fade away, Fazan pulls a 5ft cube of earth down on his right. He deduces, via further intellectual badassery, that the group is underground--which is why there isn't wood for a ceiling. He also feels very cold.

With all the guards within line-of-sight dead, and the room cleared, there is a quiet moment of tranquility. From totarika's end, there come voices and the clanking of armor.

---------------

You have a moment of respite. I suggest collaboration.
    Last edited by Aran Banks; 2010-08-25 at 05:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

Fazan shouts down "We are underground!"

Then he jumps lightly to the ground and moves over to Tok's door. "Come back inside, I can buy us some time, and we'll leave by the other door."

13. - Top - End - #43

Totarika heeds the wizard's call. He hesitates only a moment, as h e contemplates finishing off the approaching guards, but thinks of a deadly number, constantly growing, that hangs heavy on his shoulders.

I am coming, brothers. Let us find the author of our suffering. And end his.

He begins to cross towards the opposite hall.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Banned

Standard action to Use Control Earth to Raise large chunk of Earth in Hallway/Doorway to seal door against oncoming guards.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Sil dismisses the darkness surrounding him and quickly moves back into the antechamber containing Fazan and Totarika. Initially, he's obviously somewhat taken aback with Fazan's handiwork, but he quickly begins smiling. "Excellent work. I'm Sil. I think that it's reasonable that we work together for the time being. Where do you both suggest we go from here?"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Banned

"Fazan. I can get us out of here, but it will be to a random location without any sure reference back to this location, so it's probably best to wait until we have determined the nature of this place to attempt such an escape."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

PirateGuy

Fazan, have you sealed off both exits?

If you have, then... wait, no, gonna wait to say that.

------------

Once that's answered, the guards will start coming.

Slightly OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Anybody have a specific place they'd like to pop out in, assuming Fazan uses his ability and I need to pull a deus ex machina out of my ass?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    No, just the one that we heard the noise coming from. I assumed we were going to hoof it to the next one.

My plan is to determine the location we are at, or who is responsible, then port us to the Ethereal, and bring us back to the Material at whatever point we are at, 5 to 500 miles away from this place in a random direction, then we can make our way back and take sweet vengeance after investigating them and assaulting them from our own position of Strength.
    Last edited by Malakar; 2010-08-28 at 08:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Anywhere would be better than in a man-sized toybox under the ground.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

PirateGuy

Alright..

The three of you hear guards coming down the hall. The sound of armor clanking and voices spoken in Common is muffled through the stone wall erected by Fazan. The noise isn't loud enough for you to know what's going on, but it gets quieter after 15 or 20 seconds. 10 or so seconds afterwards, similar noise begins coming from the other hallway.

You now have 30 seconds to figure out what you're going to do. Collaborate on a plan... Fazan has an idea.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Banned

PirateGuy

HEY GUYS IT'S ROLEPLAYING TIME!!!

22. - Top - End - #52

This poor ignorant priest hates to presume, but I think we need to exit this place. I can... stab everyone. Totarika glances conspicuously at the now noisier corridor.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Sil nods quietly as he considers Fazan's reply.

"Yes, I think that you're right. A quick exit would be appropriate, but..." Sil pauses briefly, considering the situation. "I think that we've a bit more to take care of here," he continues, "because I really dislike being gagged." He grimaces as he finishes the sentence, the taste still foul on his tongue.

Sil quickly moves towards the noisy hallway, flanking one side of the doorway. "It'd be easy enough to meet them here, don't you think?"

Sil glances down the hallway, and then quickly gestures for Totarika to join him on the opposite side.