New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

Maharal

"I'll admit that my sense of taste is more intellectual than instinctual, but I've always appreciated the... artistry of cooking."
    Smiling at her, Maharal shrugs. "I don't mean to pry, but I do wish to help her in any way that I can. If she's suffered from these attacks, perhaps there's something we could do to aid her?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy roll: (1d20+4)[10]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arthur

Arthur sits down and begins to eat. "I wouldn't say you were talking too much, Mrs. Win. I see you are as concerned about Eledseri. We could see she was under pressure last night. We were hoping we could help with her problem, as she has been such a kind hostess."

Spoiler
    Show

Presuming I make the insight check, as my mod is equal to the DC.

Diplomacy-(d20+9)[21]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Win smiles indlulgently at Maharal. Well, I certainly will let you know of your kind offer, metal man. She turns to Arthur. Well, I'm only one of those concerned about her, she says, smiling sadly.Particularly since her mother died, and then there was Lathron with that terrible business with those people from Ravenstar... She stops short and looks sharply at Arthur. Where did you say you had come from again?

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

4. - Top - End - #124

Arthur

Arthur winced internally. "We're from all over, but the Church of Pelor has sent us to help the people of this area." he paused for a moment and considered. Deciding it was better to be truthful, he continued. "But they were also concerned about a party who had set out from Ravenstar, as they hadn't heard from them again. Had Eledresi run into them?"

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy-(d20+9)[19]

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

She nods in recognition. Ah yes, the paladins, she says, pausing for a moment as if choosing her words carefully, I wouldn't doubt that Eledseri's seen them. There isn't anyone on the road that doesn't stop here on their way north. But I didn't see them, she said, they didn't stay and I'm only here in the mornings, so I didn't see them. She pauses again, examining Arthur carefully. But I hardly think she would be willing to talk about it, if you take my meaning sir. After all, it was Lathron who went with them...

My Blog The Level 1 GM

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Maharal

"Pardon me, but who is Lathron?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Insight: (1d20+7)[8]

Argh.
    Last edited by RPZip; 2010-09-07 at 02:27 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Lathron? Win looks back at Maharal suspiciously. That was just me talking too much again, who said anything about anyone named Lathron? She trotted nervously outside and returned with more water.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The mechanical man continued to listen and watch his companions as they eat. He tilts his head as the halfling denies having spoken the name, yet she definitely had. He begins to wonder if he will ever understand these beings of flesh.

9. - Top - End - #129

Arthur

"Lathron?" Arthur asked, looking pensive. "I have a friend called Lathron, but I didn't think he'd have passed this way. Could you let me know where he went? I would dearly like to speak with him again, as I haven't seen him in quite a while." Arthur lied, a quick fleeting look of concern passing over his face.

Spoiler
    Show

(d20+9)[13]-Bluff to convince her of the acquaintance.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Rynthel chuckles.

"Come now, there's no need to lie. We both know you've been struck by her charms. When a pretty lady is so obviously in pain, it's only natural to be concerned, one might as well be open about it." He looks at Win and gives her his most charming-yet-pensive smile. "He and I ask only because we wish to try to help. Perhaps if we can find out more about this Lathron and what happened to him we can do something about it and perhaps bring her some closure or mayhap even happy news."

Diplomacy: (1d20+15)[28]
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2010-09-08 at 07:13 PM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Win blushes and fends off Rynthiel playfully. Com you, don't you know there'll be consequences of addling the wits of a lady. She giggles girlishly. But since you asked so nicely, unlike some... Lathron's Eledseri's brother. She smiles sadly and wipes away a tear. And I hardly think you'll be able to help the poor boy. You see, it was about at the same time those paladins came, the lad had the idea of trailing after them...said he was going to show them what all the trouble was, he said he knew but he didn't tell anyone.

The silence that followed was quickly broken by the high-pitched shriek of a cat in trevail. You also hear a low rumble, halfway between a purr and a growl and the caterwhal again.

Mercy me! Win shouts with a jump. If that be not Eledseri's cat! She runs to the window, slowly draws back the shutter and peers through it. She shakes her head ruefully. Another attack, they're getting bolder. They normally would stay clear of towns, we taught them fear long ago....

There's another low rumble, and then a roar. A tiger!

Spoiler
    Show

The door is at K10-K11, getting out of the inn will be three less than your movement for a round. Place yourselves on the map for the surprise round. And those who don't turn up we'll assume are still inside or in bed.
    And I have no idea what happened in the middle of the map, it all happened when I put Chekov the cat down on map maker furst and had to rub him out.

When you get outside you see a large tiger is preparing to pounce on a battered-looking marmelade cat. The cat is trying to escape, but it has it's back to the north road and seems to know better than to go that way.

Status
    Spoiler
    Show

Tiger: 73/73
    AC: ? Ref: ? Fort: ? Will: ?

Cat: 10/20 (bloodied)
    AC: 12 Ref: 18 Fort: 13 Will: 17

My Blog The Level 1 GM

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

Maharal

Keeping his head bowed and seeming to study the food, Maharal listens intently to the revelations about Lathron. "That may help explain her behavior last night... perhaps part of her emnity of the priest stems from-"

His musing interrupted by the tiger's roar, Maharal leaps up and marches out the door, already unslinging the great Maul carried on his back. As he brings it down for a mighty swing he speaks a word of power and the one of the runes inscribed upon his arm burns bright.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Wield Earth-Wrought Maul +3
    Move to J13
    Word of Binding: 34 vs. AC (see next post for roll), 6 damage, target is immobilized until the end of my next turn or I'm not adjacent to it.
    Activate Rune of Destruction: Before the end of my next turn, the next attack against this target deals bonus damage equal to my Wis modifier (+2).
    Allies adjacent to me gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.
    Last edited by RPZip; 2010-09-09 at 08:11 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    There is time to make an attack if you want to. And leaving the inn isn't all your movement.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Katana_Geldar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is time to make an attack if you want to. And leaving the inn isn't all your movement.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh? I thought you couldn't take more than one action during a surprise round (so either move, attack or minor). Edited my post.

And since it doesn't like edited rolls, the attack roll is here; (1d20+16)[34].

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    My bad. It's more like the first round then but the tiger is flatfooted.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Travok Bluesteel - Dwarf Battlemind
    AC 25 Fort 22 Ref 17 Will 23 HP 94/94 Surges 14/14 PP 6/6

Travok rushes out the door to find the strangest sight he's ever seen: a tiger attacking a housecat. "A tiger? Those things aren't native to here, are they?" Shaking his head, he draws his hammer and closes on the thing. He brings it down hard on the tiger. Psychic energy curses through his hammer to cloud the tiger's vision if it hits.

Spoiler
    Show

Move
    Move to I13

Minor
    Draw Craghammer

Standard
    Use twisted eye, augment 2 on tiger
    Attack v AC - (1d20+16)[19]
    Damage - (1d8+14)[21]
    And the tiger is blinded until the end of my next turn

I'd mark it, but I don't have enough actions to do so. I also didn't have time to ready my shield, so the defenses are lower than they would be with it.
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2010-09-09 at 10:04 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Rythnel runs out to see what's going on, sees the tiger threatening the cat, and springs into action.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to J12, I have a reach weapon so I can still hit the tiger from there.
    Minor: Darkfire: (1d20+9)[28] vs Reflex. On hit all attacks against it have combat advantage until the end of my next turn and can't benefit from concealment or invisibility.
    Energizing Strike: (1d20+16)[22] vs AC (+18 if Darkfire hits)
    On hit: (1d10+8)[9] and the cat gets 15 temp HP. Yes, the cat. If for some reason I'm not allowed to do that, give it to Maharal instead. Rynthel just doesn't want the kitty to die. ;~;
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dimble leaps from the bar stool and rushes outside while drawing his dagger. Seeing the big cat attacking the much smaller one, he attacks the tiger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: None
    Move: to J10
    Standard: Thunder Bomb centered at H15 (So it should hit the tiger, but not my allies)
    Attack: (1d20+13)[29] v. Fort
    Damage: (2d8+12)[19] thunder damage and the target is slowed until the end of my next turn.
    Sweet avatar of Gikalek by KaptainKrutch.

Now running The Goramitar Games
    IC|OOC

19. - Top - End - #139

Arthur

Arthur moves out of the tavern, and seing the confrontation, wags his finger at the tiger. "Bad Kitty, bad." He eyed it sternly, his voice challenging the tiger's superiority "You should leave that young one alone."

Spoiler
    Show

Move to K 14
    Denunciation
    Attack-(d20+13)[14] v Will

If the attack hits, the tiger takes a -4 penalty to attack rolls and all defences and is dazed until the end of Arthur's next turn

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

KT-937 responds quickly but with no emotion to the caterwailing outside. He readies his sword and shield and moves to I-15 to flank the tiger. Unfortunately readying his shield left him with no time to attack.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

The tiger staggers under the mass of attacks, turning blindly to the last enemy it saw and biting Travok.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: [roll]1d20+11-5[/roll] vs AC
    Damage: (1d6+4)[8] and ongoing 5 save ends if it hits.

The cat sprints a way into the inn, limping a little as it runs.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Lets try this again.

(1d20+6)[13]

My Blog The Level 1 GM

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Status
    Spoiler
    Show

Maharal 73/73
    Travok 88/88
    Rythnel 73/73
    Dimble 70/70
    Arthur 69/69
    KT937 91/91

Tiger 19/73 Immobilized, Blinded, Bloodied, Slowed
    AC: 20 Fort: ?? Reflex 19 Will 17

Cat 10/20+19 Bloodied
    AC: 12 Ref: 18 Fort: 13 Will: 17
    That's the end of the round, 24 hours from now the second round begins. This is in case you want any interrupts etc.

Spoiler
    Show

Fixed the grid, but if anyone can help me with customising the states in Maptool, please PM me.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Travok - Dwarf Battlemind

As the tiger attacks, Travok's body hardens, able to absorb more damage.

Spoiler
    Show

Battle Resilience activates due to the attack. Travok has Resist all 7 until the end of his next turn--not all that useful right now, admittedly.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Travok - Dwarf Battlemind
    AC 25 Fort 22 Ref 17 Will 23 HP 94/94 Surges 14/14 PP 4/6

With a thought, Travok lets the tiger know that he is its opponent. While it was hurt last round, it's still a dangerous beast. It is, however, surrounded and overwhelmed. He takes advantage of that, even as his weapon shimmers in his hand, becoming a massive hammer that he wields in both hands.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor
    Use Battlemind's Demand to mark tiger

Minor
    Use Dynamic Weapon property to change Craghammer into Mordenkrad

Standard
    Use Twisted eye (unaugmented) on tiger
    Attack v AC - (1d20+16)[27]
    Damage - (2d5+14)[23] (Strange dice to account for brutal property)
    Target takes penalty to attack rolls equal to number of my allies adjacent to it

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

A shudder runs through the tiger's body and it begins to topple-only to freeze, hunched over, as though held upright by invisible strings. It turns to face Travok, glaring at the dwarf and it's eyes are empty and rolled up into its head. Fant wisps of sickly grey mist drift from its gaping mouth and around its paws.

Religion 20
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tiger should be dead, but some strange power is keeping it alive even if temporarily.
    (Game terms, it's Undead)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show

Maharal 73/73
    Travok 88/88
    Rythnel 73/73
    Dimble 70/70
    Arthur 69/69
    KT937 91/91

Tiger 0/73 Immobilized, Bloodied, Slowed
    AC: 20 Fort: ?? Reflex 19 Will 17

Round is still going!
    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2010-09-13 at 04:36 AM.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Maharal

As Travok's blow topples the tiger, Maharal smiles and turns to congratulate his friend. The tiger's arrested fall and the stream of foul mist coiling about its mouth stops him before he can get the words out, and thinking back to his training he realizes that this can only be the result of some foul magic. "This... this is not right. This creature should be dead, but it remains alive through some form of necromancy."

Whirling about in a full-body swing, Maharal brings the maul down on the creature's body with crushing force, hoping to shatter bones and put it down for good. As he swings the runes etched onto his hands explode with brilliant light, bathing the twisted creature before him in the radiance of the gods themselves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Religion: (1d20+10)[22]

Standard: Word of Binding attack on the Tiger, (1d20+16)[21] vs. AC.
    Damage: (2d6+11)[19]
    It gains Vulnerable 2 to all damage until EoMNT, Vulnerable 5 to Opportunity Attacks.
    Minor: Activate Gauntlets of Brilliance At-Will effect just for fun (Wizard's Light activated on them).
    Free: Activate the Daily effect from Gauntlets of Brilliance. Add 10 Radiant damage to the attack.

Allies keep the +1 modifier to attack rolls against the Tiger (Rune of Destruction).
    Last edited by RPZip; 2010-09-13 at 06:38 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

KT settles into a defensive posture, angling himself closer to Tarvok's side protectively. "Something is quite wrong with this beast. Stay close to me." He nods to Maharl's explanation, "If it is necromancy, perhaps this will help." He wills the power of his shield to activate, bathing the area in a gentle, pure white light. He lowers his shield uses it for cover as he lunges in with his blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action, drop to minor to activate Shield of silvered light. 5 squares in all directions illuminated and all of our weapons can count as silvered.

Minor action. Bodyguard stance. if an ally adjacent to me takes damage, I reduce that damage by 5 and take 5 damage myself instead. I cannot opt to NOT do this unless i am unable to use free actions (or i end the stance)

Standard action Resolute Shield (1d20+19)[26]
    If I hit, (1d10+9)[11] damage and i gain resist 3 to all damage

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

"What kind of monster would do such a thing?" Rynthel asks, attacking the creature again.

Spoiler
    Show

Demoralizing strike: (1d20+16)[21]
    On hit: (1d10+8)[12] and the tiger has -2 to all defenses until the end of my next turn.

30. - Top - End - #150

Arthur

Arthur's stern frown turns into a scowl. "Cursed undead thing!" He called, tracing a divine symbol in the air. "Go to your final slumber, may the dark grasp on your soul be lifted."

Spoiler
    Show

Astral Seal-(d20+15)[20] v Reflex
    If it Hits, the tiger takes a -2 penalty to all defences and the next ally who hits the tiger before the end of my next turn regains 11hp.