New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

Your attacks hit home, causing physical damage but have no effect on the ability of the tiger to remain on its feet.

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Maharal

Seeings whatever unholy force is animating the tiger seems... somewhat resistant to being put down, Maharal tries to think of any lore that may be helpful in dealing with the situation.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[22] Religion check.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Maharal
    Spoiler
    Show
    This seems to be necromancy beyond the ordinary kind and is certainly the work of a high-powered mage of some sort. Yet you have no idea who could have done this.
    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2010-09-13 at 06:16 PM.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Travok - Dwarf Battlemind

Travok, seeing that the undead tiger is unaffected, begins scanning the area, wondering if there's someone nearby controlling it. "If beating him up doesn't do any good, is there someone else we can hit over the head with a really big hammer?" he says, hefting his hammer. "Otherwise, all we can do is try to contain it or destroy the body. Maybe fire, or holy light could do it."

Spoiler
    Show

Minor
    Scan area for someone pulling the tiger's strings
    Perception - (1d20+9)[24]

Anyone have any fire or radiant attacks?

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Travok
    Spoiler
    Show

There is no one...that you can see.

No really, there's no mage standing in the bushes animating the tiger.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

The tiger bites Travok and darts away towards the forest, staggering as it runs until it collapses against the tree across the path, dead.

(1d20+11)[15]
    (1d6+4)[10]

My Blog The Level 1 GM

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    My dicerolls are bad tonight.

You win!

XP
    Spoiler
    Show

550 xp each
    That's 50 xp each for the tiger, and 500 for the skill challenge.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

"By all the gods, what in Corellon's name was that about?" Rynthel asks, keeping his spear held ready. "How strange. I've never seen anything like that before."
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"one wonders, was the beast affected by the dark energies before it died? Could this be what is driving the forest animals into such reckless attacks?" He tilts his headignoting the small scratch on his arm he earned by taking part of the attack meant for Tarvok .

He then turns to Maharl and Arthur, "Can the small feline be repaired?"

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

"That was weird," Travok says. "Hmm, I wonder if they serve ale this early..." He wanders back inside.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Win cautiously opens the door, scanns the road and runs up to you you wring her hands in her apron. What? You killed it? She looks over at the body of the tiger but doesn't come any closer. Oh joy! What fun! At last someone who can handle this sort of thing! She urges you to follow her back into the inn. Come back in, I don't think Eledseri will say no to one on the house after you saved her cat.

She leads you back inside where Eledersi is standing at the bar, bending over her cat which is laying there with one of her hands pinning it in place. She smiles at you as you enter. Perhaps I underestimated all of you, she says.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Travok rolls his shoulders. "I won't say that tigers aren't dangerous, but there was only one of it and a lot of us. I was actually beginning to feel sorry for it. Until we killed it but it kept attacking us, at least." He finds a seat. "Did someone say something about 'on the house'?"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Eledseri moves to serve you, but Win waves an admonishing hand at her. Don't you be liftin' a finger, missy, you just look after your cat. She fills up your cups, swapping the pale ale for a darker one when she gets to Travok.

Elederi is cleaning her cats wounds wiping some water with a rag onto the cuts.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Maharal

"What... was that, Miss Elederi? A predator attacking your cat I can understand, and I am pleased to see that it is mostly unharmed, but that tigger... some force seemed to keep it alive long after it should have been put down. I've seen necromancy at work before, but this seemed... different. More powerful, and more malevolent."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Rynthel walks carefully over near the cat and with a gesture and a gentle psychic push, the cat's wounds begin to close over.

Spoiler
    Show
    Surge plus (2d6)[7] HP and it has +1 to attack rolls until the end of my next 'turn', should it feel like mangling Level 1 wizards in the meantime.

Having seen to the cat, he sits down with a drink and looks back and forward between the two women.

"It would probably be best at this point if you told us everything you know. Please. For the sakes of yourselves, everyone in the town and us as well. Please."

Diplomacy: (1d20+15)[16]
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dimble sits down at the bar and gulps at his drink. "That was pretty strange, I must admit. A lot of animals been acting up like that?"
    Sweet avatar of Gikalek by KaptainKrutch.

Now running The Goramitar Games
    IC|OOC

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Eledseri looks rather strangely at Rynthel. I'm not reall sure if you are one to judge what is best for me to do or not do. However, you did save and heal my cat, so I suppose there is some sort of debt between us. She looks sharply at Win who is trying to leave the room discretely. I wouldn't have put it pas Winderemere to tell you what there is to know about myself as well as what is going on here. She pauses for a moment. The attacks have been going for some months now, ever since the roads opened. Though since not many folks are out until after the thaws have gone, I wouldn't say that would be a very good judge of when it started. She turns to Dimble. Yes, they have been animals that would usually not bother characters, as well as some rather...fey creatures one normally wouldn't see out in the open. She thinks hard for a moment and turns to Maharal. Only a few have been killed, though I have heard that effect described...but I did not really believe it. Rather foolish of me, perhaps, considering. And now, she continues, we did hope that those paladins may have been able to deal with the threat and we all could return to our lives. But as you can see, that hasn't happened. She shrugged, smiling sadly and stroking her cat as she puts it back down on the floor.

Girlie, you're not telling them all of it, Win says, poking her head in. Go on, tell them the rest.

Eledseri stares at her. All right, she says with a sigh. My younger brother Lathron went with the Paladins when they were here. I didn't know about it, or I would have stopped him, she says, choking back tears. But since then, we've been afraid to look for him. If only... She turns her face away from you for a moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, that's quite a lot from a natural 1 but you do have three circumstance bonuses: resucing her cat, healing her cat and Win who trusts you. Besides, we need to move the plot along.
    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2010-09-15 at 06:27 PM.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arthur

Arthur moved to reassure Eledseri. "I know this is difficult, Miss Eledseri. But the more we know, the better we can help."

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy-(d20+12)[29]

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

She shakes her head sadly. I'm afraid that's all I can tell you, she says. I know the paladins spoke with Brother Gerigar at some length, but as he did not go with them I doubt he will be able to tell you more than I have. I will you well, all of you.

Insight 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    She's telling the truth, there doesn't appear to be anything more than she knows.
    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2010-09-19 at 11:21 PM.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you for your help, dear lady." Rynthel says, bowing slightly. "Even if he doesn't know much else, perhaps we should still see this priest before we go. Unless the rest of you would prefer to simply set out?"

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Travok finishes his drink, then stands up. "Let's go talk to this priest," he says. "And see what he can tell us."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

You find Brother Gerigar near the modest shrine to Pelor inside the village. He finishes talking rather sternly to a group of children when he notices you. Or rather, notices Arthur and then notices the rest of you.

He's a rather young man, thin faced and dark haired wearing a white cassock with a red stole and matching girdle. Around his neck is a gold amulet in the shape of a sun disc haninging by a thin gold chain. While he is polite to Arthur, he examines the rest of you with some skepticism.

Hail brother, he says to Arthur, all but completely ignoring the others. I was not informed that a member of the faithful would be passing through this way. I am called Gerigar, what has brought you and you companions here?
    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2010-09-22 at 01:05 AM.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arthur

Arthur nods to his fellow priest. "We're here on the Church's behalf, Brother Gerigar. In truth enquiring after others sent this way by the church, who passed this way. What have you heard of the band of paladin's who pass through the town, brother?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Gerigar thinks for a moment. "Why yes, brother, I remember them, it was some weeks ago now. I spoke with them briefly and they left to 'investigate' this 'threat to the town'." He sighs and shakes his head. "I did attempt to explain to them what the cause was, as it is no doubt obvious to one with but a whit of intelligence, but some heresy had stopped their ears to my words and they left rather than help me." He looks at Arthur hopefully. "I pray that you, brother, will not be so foolish."

My Blog The Level 1 GM

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Travok shrugs. "Whatever the 'true cause' is, we were asked to find them. What do you think happened to them?"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Gerigar looks down his long nose at Travok. No doubt they met with some misadventure, he says rather coldly. They did not heed my warning and paid for their folly, he sighs, I regret it, but that is what happened.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

27. - Top - End - #177
    Barbarian in the Playground

"So what's this warning, weisenheimer?"
    Sweet avatar of Gikalek by KaptainKrutch.

Now running The Goramitar Games
    IC|OOC

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Gerigar frowns at you. This warning, my child, was that any actions to attempt to alleviate this so-called threat would be futile. Attacks such as these are an expected consequence of one's actions, of one's own traversities against the divine. Of course, you yourself cannot be expected to know this. The point remains, these paladins were.

Insight 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gerigar certainly believes what he is saying is true, whether it is true is another matter altogether.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm," Travok says, blissfully unaware.

Spoiler
    Show

Insight - (1d20+9)[11]
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2010-09-23 at 11:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Rynthel, despite his suspicion of such a cranky man, especially one who serves the god of the sun, detects no falsehood in his words.

Insight: (1d20+9)[12]
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2010-09-24 at 12:08 AM.