New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Harry Potter d20 A Beginning (IC)

Ravenclaws- You enter in front of a massive oak, door that has a large iron ring on it. A voice loftly says " I am red,white, and black all over what am I?" The prefect mutters something and the door swings open for you. He tells you all " To enter our dorms you must answer a riddle. The idea is to exercise your mind all the time, regardless of the time of day. If you can't solve it, you better get someone that can." He then gestures inside for you all to enter.

Gryffindor- You walk up many stairs, until you feel hungry for another dinner. The prefect stops in front of a massive portrait of a Fat Lady. She says in a rather deep voice for a woman "Password?" One of the prefects says ".Pumpkin Juice." The prefect then says " This is our password to get into our rooms. Don't tell anyone else, from the other houses. Also, check every couple of weeks because the password will change."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

"Great... Riddles." Kayli whispers to no one in particular. "I've never been good with riddles, and now I have to answer one every time I want to get to my bed?"

3. - Top - End - #123

Beholder

"Maybe I should have been in another house," Dorian said dreadfully; though highly intelligent he loathed the thought of needing to think so constantly in a booksmart way. He was naturally intuitive towards magic - books were not his forte.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

4. - Top - End - #124

RedWizardGuy

As you walk in the room you see, that it is rather opulent. Massive tapastries hang upon the walls, and a bust of Helena Ravenclaw is before you all. Two massive powder blue couches take up the center of the room. The chairs are rather cushiony, and there are quite a few.

The fireplaces gives the room a warm pleasent feeling, the flames flickering against the marble fireplace. There are bookshelves all around the room, filled with many books. Many students fight for a spot on the couch, and some playful hitting occurs. The prefect smiles and says " All those who are new here, if you go up the corridor you will find your room. There's no official lights out time, but you must be back in this area no later, then 8:30 at night. Any questions just go ahead and ask me."

5. - Top - End - #125

Beholder

Ravenclaw Tower had traditionally granted an extraordinary view - of the castle and the surrounding lands. Dorian stepped towards the window - too timid to fight for a chair - and stared towards the vast castle landscape, many fire-lit lights aglow from windows.

It'd take him a while to get used to everything being lit by fire alone, but he felt he'd manage.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Kayli walks around the room, taking a good look at everything. With a satisfied look on her face, she walks towards the window and stands near Dorian. "How do you like it Dorian?" She says in a half-inquisitive, half-playful tone.

Spoiler
    Show
    What about the other two players? So far, only Obrysii and I have posted, where'd you two go? Also, I don't know about the others, but would it be possible to speed up the game a little? I like the background and all, but roleplaying nearly every detail of our lives at Hogwarts could get tedious soon.
    Last edited by Ilriyn; 2010-10-11 at 08:26 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127

RedWizardGuy

OOC: Right now I'm focusing on RPing to give the other two a chance to come back in. If not we can continue with two players, and if they don't post by midnight tonight then we will start are first adventure.

8. - Top - End - #128

Beholder

He looked from the window to her, the light - or dark - of the outside framing her face, her features in comfortable relief. He blushed and looked down, "I like the view. Um. Of the castle .... what - what about you?"

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Kayli looks confusedly at Dorian for a moment, the suddenly blushes and looks away. "The view is great." She brushes a hair out of her eye as she says, "I wonder how it looks in the daytime."

10. - Top - End - #130

RedWizardGuy

Time seems to pass slowly for you as you meet your fellow nervous classmates. Soon though it is time for bed, and the prefect says " All those first years you better get to bed. It's going to be a long day tomorrow."

OOC: After this we can start the first adventure. This is the last shot I'll give to the other two players and then I will resume without them.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Cal was tired and had quietly followed Kayli and Dorian around as they examined the tower. He was tired, and so he yawned. Well, you heard the man, it's time to go to bed. Come on Dorian, let's go to the boy's quarter and get some shut-eye.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2010-10-16 at 12:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

12. - Top - End - #132

Beholder

"...yeah, you're right," Dorian said - distracted as he peeled himself away from the door. Climbing the tower towards the boy's sleeping chambers, he wondered how nice the beds would be - and how safe he'd be from bullying while he slept.

He hadn't had a good track record in his old schools.

13. - Top - End - #133

RedWizardGuy

The night seems to go on forever, as you all have nervous dreams about the next morning. Daylight breaks, and you all wander down to your first class. The corridors seems to be confusing, and you all stumble and trip on the stairs to the Charms room, taught by professor Flitwick. He is a small man full of wrinkles with shockingly white hair. He is wearing a brown suit jacket, and is looking at various papers on his desk.

He looks at you three and says " Ah good the last students are here. Why don't you all sit in the front row?" He motions to an aisle that has three empty seats on it, and gives you a small smile.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

"Last students?" Kayli says nervously as she slides into the middle chair. "I hope we're not late. I'm Kayli Howard by the way." She says as she searches through her bag for her books.

15. - Top - End - #135

Beholder

Dorian sunk back behind the other two, tensing up as he moved to sit down on the chair that was presented to him. He felt naked - he left his little corn snake back in the room, and he hoped dearly that he was safe. Oliver meant everything to him.

Flitwick did not seem overly intimidating - and his friendly calm seemed to soothe the boy's nerves. He pulled out his book and looked it over - simple enough, he thought, easy lesson today.

16. - Top - End - #136

RedWizardGuy

Professor Flitwick looks as you two sit down. He smiles and says to Cal " Since your still standing sir, could you please come up here Mr...?"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Borf. Calvin Borf... Calvin looks at Dorian and Kayli? Am I in trouble? Uh, sure, hold on a sec. Cal puts his books down next to Dorian, then walks up to Flitwick. Reporting for duty professor!

18. - Top - End - #138

RedWizardGuy

The professor smiles warmly at you, and gestures you to stand right in front of him. He then smiles taking out a rather small wand. It is made of birch and is worn from age, but seems to be rather a bit polished. He then points in front of you and says " That Mr. Borf is a feather and one of the key spells you will know as a first year is a spell called Wingardium Leviosa. It is a Levitation Charm that allows the young wizard or witch levitate an object. Now watch."

The professor smiles and says in a high pitch voice "Wingardium Leviosa " Small gasps arise as the feather slowly rises into the air. Then directing by his wand the feather begins to float back down. He then says to Cal " Would you like to try Mr. Borf? Don't forget its a swish and a flick."

19. - Top - End - #139

Beholder

"Easy," Dorian muttered under his breath to Kayli. Such things were likely going to be quite trivial, he felt - just a phrase, a swish, and a flick? Not a problem.

He leaned slightly forward, tired-looking eyes watching his friend having to perform it in front of the class.

Now that - that would be the hard part.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

OC: What skill check? Charms? Let's see, I have a +8 in charms from Knowledge and my wand, so let's see how this goes!

Cal withdraws his wand from the inside of his robe and glares at the feather. I think I can! I think I can! Calvin slowly mimics the professors every movement before screaming out, Wingardium Leviosa!

(1d20+8)[22]

The feather jettisons into the air. SUCCESS!
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2010-10-21 at 02:49 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

RedWizardGuy

As you feather floats gently into the air smalls claps come from the stand. The professor says in a rather high pitched voice " Very good Cal 10 points to Ravenclaw."

Turning to the rest of the class he says " Very good class that is exactly what you must do. Ask myself or Cal if you need any help. Now go on then get to work." The professor begins to walk slowly around the room offering advice to the students.

All around you people whisper their spells trying to get them to work. One kid manages to light his feather on fire, and another is making his glow.

OOC: Cal, great job don't forget however you must study to be able to cast the spell normally, which you may do during this time. The class is one hour long.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

OOC: How exaclty do we practice? Repeated Knowledge - Charms checks?

23. - Top - End - #143

RedWizardGuy

OOC: Its just studying over a book or from a teacher for 1 hour for every 5 points of the spells DC. However, if you have the Fast Researcher feat its only half an hour needed for every 5 points of the spell DC.

24. - Top - End - #144

Beholder

"Let's try, then," Dorian said nervously; he wasn't sure if he would be able to do it well or not.

"I am better at Transmutation," Dorian muttered - raising his wand; quite flexible, it was best built for the transfiguration of things - not for tricking them into action.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Dorian said, not loud, but with some forcefulness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charms check: 1d20+7=10

25. - Top - End - #145

RedWizardGuy

Dorian: You swish and flick your wand in the air your face burrowed in concentration. However, the untimely explosion of flames next to you distracts you and you manage to not lift the feather. Professor Flitwick comes over and says " Good try son, next time focus just a bit harder. Nice wand technique ,however." The professor warmly smiles and then moves on to another student.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

OOC: I have Fast Reasearcher, so by studying for the full hour, I should have it down right?

Cal studies through out the class. Proud of his instand sucess, but admittedly worried that it was all but a fluke. He casts spell a fiew different times through out the perioud with good results.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[22]

(1d20+8)[15]

(1d20+8)[27]

I think I'm going to have fun here! Cal looks over to Dorian, "I've found it all to be in the wrist, more swish and less flick."
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2010-10-22 at 08:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

RedWizardGuy

OOC: Yes you will have it by the end of the hour and you may add it to your spells known list. We will continue on once Aranii posts.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

OOC: Haven't seen her on in a while, I hope she's OK. Maybe you should PM her? Maybe next time I should put this in the OOC thread.

29. - Top - End - #149

Beholder

[Dorian also has Fast Learning.]

Frowning, the young Ravenclaw would continue to practice.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

Kayli cheerfully smiles at Cal as he successfully levitates his feather. "Great job, Cal! You must be a natural at this."

Kayli looks over at Dorian, and practices moving her hand like his for a bit. She then turns to her own feather, and concentrates intently on it before lightly saying, "Wingardium Leviosa", as she flicks her wrist.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[23]

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the inactivity guys, school hasn't gotten busier, and will likely remain that way until the end of the term. I'll try to post as often as possible; sorry if I delay anything.
    Last edited by Ilriyn; 2010-10-23 at 04:08 PM.